It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find Your Totem Animal

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Well, I tried it. It was very interesting, and also a little frightening. Just doing the exercise put me into a nice calm, peaceful state. I saw two animals. The first was a lioness, but she didn't stay very long. After an initial greeting she left. Next was a spider. A very large spider. At that point I wanted to leave but she kept me there for a minute or so. When I opened my eyes it felt like I'd just woken up from a nightmare. I've heard that animals you fear can be, and often are, totem animals. This experience, and the fact that I can't seem to get away from spiders for very long makes me think my totem animal, or at least one of them, is a spider.
I have an affinity toward a few different animals though. Cats have always enchanted me. Domestic and wild, the lynx especially. I also feel drawn to snakes and bats as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AquilaCat

The spider represents the infinite. She reminds us that the past is interwoven with the future. Her body is shaped like ∞ and she is also associated numerically with the number 8. The spider is graceful in her own way, yet for some reason is mistakenly feared by many. She exudes calmness and tranquility...

I know some tribes also associate the spider with the thirst for knowledge. The web is her playground and anything that comes her way is quickly and efficiently digested...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread, my totem animal was a bear. I am extremely fearful of bears when we are out in the forest hiking, so I was kind of surprised. Although he wasn't frightening at all, he was very warm and comforting and he didn't smell like most bears.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher777

That happens quite frequently from what I understand. I know a few friends on the rez that have totems that represent their fear...it represents what they must overcome...When first meeting their guides or spirit animals though, they're filled with peace and given that strength to say "ya know...these [insert animal here] aren't so scary..."

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
My totem animal is the bear. Don't ask me how, but I have always known this. It just is.

Nice thread

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by Watcher777

That happens quite frequently from what I understand. I know a few friends on the rez that have totems that represent their fear...it represents what they must overcome...When first meeting their guides or spirit animals though, they're filled with peace and given that strength to say "ya know...these [insert animal here] aren't so scary..."

I think mine was trying to get a point across. Not that I can blame the spider. I'd be frustrated too if someone was that afraid of me for so long.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
While drifting off to sleep, a vision of a lavender rhino came to mind. The Rhino totem represents the following:

Agility, Solitary, Wisdom, Paradox, Freedom, Stability, Gratitude, Longevity, Judgment, Grounding, Peace of Mind, Self-Assurance, Unconventional, & Sensory Perception.

I found the rhino symbolism to be very fitting, but I’m not sure if this is my totem animal or not. It could be that I need to learn some lessons of the Rhino.

I’m very drawn to Crows as well and have had some interesting interactions with them.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
My totem animal is a human female.

Humans are animals, people tend to forget.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Humans represent death and torture as a totem...you must learn to kill...adapt and overcome...divide and conquer...manipulate and control....

Good luck with those!

A2D

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

reply to post by D1ss1dent

Humans represent death and torture as a totem...you must learn to kill...adapt and overcome...divide and conquer...manipulate and control....

Good luck with those!

A2D

whoa...really?! I trust you as a source...but what was your source for that one? just curious...not doubting...

-B.M

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

My source was humanity as a continued species....My source was the past...the present..and undoubtedly the future...After all, a wise man once said, "The future depends on what we do in the present". My sources were Nazi Germany, Cambodia, Rwanda, the Balkans, and the massive government-sponsored ethnic cleansing campaigns in Sudan's western region of Darfur....My sources were World War I & II, the Spanish Civil War, the Vietnam War, Civil War in Afghanistan, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom, the Gulf War, the invasion of Abyssinia, the invasion of Albania, lasi pogrom, the Odessa massacre, the Aita Seaca massacre, the Katyn Massacre, the Battle of Berlin, the Canicatti massacre, the Biscari massacre, the Dachau massacre, etc etc.

And for the most part, ATS as a whole is a source in and of itself.

A2D

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Dragonflies are about metamorphosis. Like butterflies they begin life crawling around and enter a nymph stage where they change into adults that fly. I once spent about 3 hours watching one crawl out of the creek and up a blade of grass. His skin split after about an hour in the sun and he literally crawled out of it. The wings were soft and folded at first but eventually pumped up and straightened out. Witha sudden burst of wings he took off and was gone. Pure magic just to witness such an event. Sorry to take so long responding, I hadn;t checked this thread in a while.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

My source was humanity as a continued species....My source was the past...the present..and undoubtedly the future...After all, a wise man once said, "The future depends on what we do in the present". My sources were Nazi Germany, Cambodia, Rwanda, the Balkans, and the massive government-sponsored ethnic cleansing campaigns in Sudan's western region of Darfur....My sources were World War I & II, the Spanish Civil War, the Vietnam War, Civil War in Afghanistan, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom, the Gulf War, the invasion of Abyssinia, the invasion of Albania, lasi pogrom, the Odessa massacre, the Aita Seaca massacre, the Katyn Massacre, the Battle of Berlin, the Canicatti massacre, the Biscari massacre, the Dachau massacre, etc etc.

And for the most part, ATS as a whole is a source in and of itself.

A2D

that certainly was alot of bloodshed you just mentioned and in all fairness, only a drop in the ocean of pain throughout our collective history.

Unfortunately, we don't know where we came from or how we came to be. So we don't really know what our purpose is, fair call?

aliens? god? monkeys? who know man, not I.

I think human bodies are vessels for multi terrestrial souls, we're a nursery for growing 'souls'. we die and return to the community of souls from all over the universe, all different species...and initially go "# poop crap! we're soooooo behind everyone else!!!" looking at all the other advanced souls around the place...so see, in that context, our human lives are simply entertainment during this particular stage of growth for our souls. In that respect it doesn't matter what you do with you life, and you can commit to anything & change everything about yourself in a split second too, and then commit to the new 'you' with just as much integrity as anyone else, because you aren't 'indesisive' or 'flippant' you simply understand that you can do anything. absolutely anything.

So that my 2 cent anyway. Hard to understand, harder to explain, but nevertheless the truth as I see it.

-B.M

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Fair call.

I was simply doing what I do with animals to interpret them. I see the animals in nature doing what they do and from that I can extract characteristics that they exhibit to survive and thrive in different situations. With humans, well....you know EXACTLY what our past says about how we behave(in general)......

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

This is so interesting..but because of my language problems I can´t understand all. But it´s a great thread....I do love all things about native people.
They´re a great folk.
Sorry for my english.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I totally agree..they should get more respect. The Native´s are a great, great folk. I love them..and their thinking of the life and the life after death is just amazing.
Hope you will make another thread about the Native American´s.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I've recently come to believe that i have a strange connection with ravens. And like many Native American people, and unlike in our western traditions, i believe that Raven represents good luck, and seeing Raven is a very good omen.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by RangerMel]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
great thread.

I've always known my animal is a badger.. Not sure if it is a totem animal? is there a difference betwen them??

Although I'm an Englishman, my Grandfather is Cherokee..

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

No, there really isn't a difference...when people speak about knowing what their "animal" is...or what their "totemic animal" is...it's all the same thing really...

I know you may already know what the badger represents to you but, just for good measure -

The badger represents assertiveness, self-reliance and self-expression. The badger is assertive in expressing concerns or their own feelings. Badgers are often times unconventional and their methodologies, but feel very comfortable in their own skin.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply, I have read up on the badger, it's just mine in a European badger (Broc) which is slightly different to the independent nature of North American badgers.

As a Celtic Spirit guide, Badger (Broc) is unyielding in the face of danger and is noted for its tenacity and courage. In the Welsh tale of Pwyll's courting of Rhiannon, a badger is mentioned as a guide during dreaming. The badger will teach you to fight for your rights and defend your spiritual ideas.

It would have been easier with a Cherokee grandfather to have been born in America when it comes to things like this, since I am pretty unsure which side of the pond I sit on...

Edit to add: Slightly off topic, but I've always been interested in finding out more about Native American and my Cherokee heritage, but As an Englishman that is somewhat difficult, when I mention it my fellow countrymen ask me if it is my fault it rains, or if I live in a wigwam *shudders* and Americans tend to want proof of heritage first, while my relatives in America won't discuss it as it is a family secret *throws hands in the air* if you know any good sites where I might be able to gleam such information it would really be helpfull. thanks.

[edit on 25/1/10 by thoughtsfull]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join