It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find Your Totem Animal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I'll kindly point you here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

I feel, with your repeated irrelevant statements that you're simply making a mockery of my thread, and in relation, the Native American culture. I do feel as though you are doing this simply out of...I don't know...child-ishness perhaps. Any mature individual would be able to refrain from the snarky comments you have posted. I have kindly asked repeatedly for you to stop. You have not. I consider this harassment. Please refrain from doing so again.

I have no quarrels with you as long as you are posting relevant material as it pertains to the OP. Mind you, the OP is ANIMAL totems...not your "mechtotems" or whatever...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I didn't read all of the OP because I've already done this & have my animals, but i read the replies, bad form, jokes are good and all no harm done but this stuff is legit to some - myself included & shouldn't be disregarded without at least giving it a go. S+F @ agree2disagree, I myself know this stuff is real, my main totem animal makes itself apparent ALL the time, on a daily basis.
my animals-
dragonfly is the main player, but the raven, possum & crow are my other animals, the elk is a newcomer but I'm still not 100%. Either the elk is the 5th & i've got 2 more to discover after that, or the elk was a mistake & i've 3 more to get. A friend of mine sourced some salvia for me, maybe I'll discover the next animal on my next 'journey'

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

[edit on 5/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by Mr Mask

I'll kindly point you here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

I feel, with your repeated irrelevant statements that you're simply making a mockery of my thread, and in relation, the Native American culture. I do feel as though you are doing this simply out of...I don't know...child-ishness perhaps. Any mature individual would be able to refrain from the snarky comments you have posted. I have kindly asked repeatedly for you to stop. You have not. I consider this harassment. Please refrain from doing so again.

Sigh...relax...breath...take in the air and see that I am harmless and not even attacking you.

I have not been-

Abusive

or

bigoted

or

threatening.

None of it...

Also..it is my right to join this thread's discussion...and no, I am not harassing you.

I am not "attacking" Indian culture...I think "this whole animal-totem" stuff is silly, sure...but I am not attacking it.

Look...buddy...pal...let me tell you something. ATS is a place for robust interactions of all sides of debate and study. It is MY JOB HERE to confront and deny ignorance. I MUST speak on this subject for the simple reason I find it to be "bunk" and I am presenting that "with class", not this thrashing display of "violence" you claim I am using.

Yes...I put down my thoughts on my Tech-totems...you called them stupid...I also told you I was a Tech-Shamen (newly discovered) and you called me a clown.

Look...you think ATS is your personal diary where you can babble on about subjects of a "fantasical" nature and no one is going to stand and say "you are wrong" or "you are very silly"?

Sorry...not here buddy. Not anywhere I know of, actually.

If your skin is so soft, I recommend you summon a turtle-totem and barrow his shell while using these forums. Because this isn't the play-ground in 4th grade, nor is it a hand-holding walk in the spirit-woods.

This is the nitty gritty home of HARDCORE debate and discussion.

Now...if you don't mind...I was about to post to you about how "I find you to be a little too sensitive"....IF YOU DO NOT MIND!

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Quel surprise!

I tried this the other night and though I was unable to manifest any specific animal, it was a great experience.

It just seemed like a good time for a troll to derail another thread. Mr Mask, you must actually sit at your screen and wait for an offending thread before attacking it and trying to change it's tone.

Dont feed the trolls.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Sigh...relax...breath...take in the air and see that I am harmless and not even attacking you.

no but you are wasting the collective time of everyone who starts to read one of your posts expecting its content to reflect the intentions of the OP, only to find you talking about imaginary warfare with imaginary machines, which is nothing at all to do with the topic of this thread, 100% irrelevant, you would understand that if you bothered to read the posts written by those here who've researched this topic. War/combat does not come into this discussion no matter how many times you try to include it. especially the 'spirit tokens'.......trade & money systems also have NOTHING to do with the topic. take your irrelevant nonsense somewhere else please

Look...you think ATS is your personal diary where you can babble on about subjects of a "fantasical" nature and no one is going to stand and say "you are wrong" or "you are very silly"?
Sorry...not here buddy. Not anywhere I know of, actually.

first, take your own advice. secondly..
"YOU are very silly"
"YOU are wrong"

and my own contribution YOU, as in 'the mask' (cr*p movie) are boring.
very very boring.

If your skin is so soft, I recommend you summon a turtle-totem and barrow his shell while using these forums. Because this isn't the play-ground in 4th grade, nor is it a hand-holding walk in the spirit-woods.

you don't get it,
and because (as a2d said) you aren't trying,
you won't get it.

No one here is appreciating your input.
go away.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cedik

This thread is not offensive.

I can believe the practice to be very therapeutic, actually.

As for sitting here and waiting...I sit...I wait. I do what I do.

Sometimes I even make sense. Rarely, but still.

But like I said...no offense taken over the the OP's first post.

I have to admit it hurts a little that he shot down my Tech-Totems and called them silly. But hey, what do you expect from a guy who chooses Totem-Otters over awesome Totem-Tanks?

O well...life goes on and I still don't understand why.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Three people have sent me U2Us saying they found my posts here very "entertaining"...so I can't agree that "no one finds my posts in this thread fun".

Secondly...movie? What Mask movie? I have no relation to any movie, nor do I worship a TV.

Thirdly...you are saying Totem-Animals have nothing to do with war? Thats funny...many Native Americans used spirit animals to guide them to war and back. Just shows how wrong one can be when confronting another on a subject...eh?

Anyways...stop derailing the subject at hand.

The subject is Totem Animals and Tech-Totems.

Not "how much you are board with Mr Mask".

Lets try to keep this on the road, please.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I hate to stray off topic, .... but the OP is right, ... the thread is about Totem Animals, ... and only Totem Animals, so I have given my delicate flower the room he needs to grow, and stayed off thread.

However as a newly found Tech Totem, perhaps you could start your own thread ??

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

You'll have to admit there is something about this thread that puts a kink in your shorts. I've seen dozens of other posts of yours and youre smart with a great sense of humor. Maybe there is something to learn about yourself in all this.
But do please stop derailing the thread Mr, Mask, I believe that is what you're doing and I ask you to respect Agree2Disagree as a fellow ATSer who is trying to contribute with this thread.
Technoshaman? Very cool, start a thread on that. It will be huge, like Tiger Woods 9 iron....

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

OK OK OK!!! Gee wiz guys...yknow, this whole "protecting the Otter from the Tech-Shamen is a tad "overboard"...but OK! You win...I will leave and take my Totem-Tank with me.

Just know that I was discriminated against.

It is NOT my fault that I dislike animals unless they are my food.

It is NOT my fault THIS GUY gets to pick and choose what "reasonable" forms Totems take. He is NOT the super-boss of all things spiritual or imaginary! My Totem was as good (IF NOT BETTER) then just picturing an animal and going with it.

But I can see people here are only open to what the "sensitive" guy wants in a Totem. Sure, Tech-Shamens are a documented thing with all the "realness" of anything "Native American", but WHO CARES, the OP thinks its silly!

SURE my Tech-Totems are JUST AS IMPORTANT and JUST AS REAL as some "invisible animal"...but do I get to join the fun and enjoy my "mental creations" with all yall? Nope...and why? Because my Totem is made of invisible metal...whos the bigot now?

Yknow...Jesus was treated this way once...and look at him now!

Just know...no matter how much you push Tech-Totems to the back of the "importance-bus", us Tech-Shamens WILL NOT just lay down and die.

So much for Indian fairness and the open heart!

I will go...but not because anything you have said is true...but because I see how you roll. "you call the shots on what a Totem is and what it is not".

Seems heavy handed seeing as we are dealing with a nonsensical subject. BUT HEY! Whatever...no problem...keep your little circle of Tech-Totem haters...I don't need your support to find my spiritual path.

I bet if I picked a stupid duck or something like that, you would all be happy as pigs in poop...sure...and I'm the bigot....riiiiight.

By time you realize "I was right" it will be too late...I'll be gone, riding my Totem-Tank into the sunset and hanging out with the "way cooler" Tech-Shamens.

I didn't want any Totem-friends ANYWAY!

Peace...from here on...I allow you your sand-box that is "invite only" and "closed door" to anyone who thinks "differently" then the sensitive guy.

See you in threads where people don't get all huffy about what constitutes as "acceptable" in the realm of fantasy and tomfoolery.

PS-Nothing "bothered me" with this thread...it was silly and so was I. Thought we made a perfect couple.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Ok...I KNOW I said I would leave...but a certain poster here wrote to me privately and made me feel "like I should apologize"

So...I am sorry. I didn't mean (at first) to bother you. I was only having harmless fun comparing my "silly idea" to what I see as "a silly idea of your own".

I should have been a bit nicer I guess, but seeing a poster get all "sensitive" and then say things like "you are hurting my feelings" and then adding to it "you are a biggot and a troll" sorta just got me going more.

So here is the deal young man...listen up.

I was wrong to be "silly"...but you were also wrong to call me a bigot and a troll. I don't need an apology, I am only here to offer mine.

But for the record...just so you know...it is "not wrong" to call something "silly" on this site. It is very important to confront "silly threads"...and there are many ways to do it.

I often choose tongue-in-cheek humor to do it...it allows my thoughts to sink deep without causing a riot or a ban frenzy. I didn't want a fight...if you notice I was very lite-hearted throughout my jest.

I won't lie...I think you are "mangling Native Culture" and reducing it to a "forum fun time activity"...I may be wrong...but you may also be wrong in thinking you are "worthy of sharing this information with strangers all over the net".

I am sorry for "not being as nice as you wanted"...but I was never "threatening or violent" with my "outlook".

In fact...you were the first to start "throwing around the insults" on personal character.

But..."now" I will leave you to this thread, and even though I DO honestly think this thread (and your views on the subject) are both "silly", I am actually sorry for the way I made it clear.

I'd also like to thank the person who made me return to apologize. You are a good guide in moments like these.

SO...really...I'm sorry "sir", and I hope you understand that I was simply trying to poke fun and holes in your thread because I thought it was "silly". Not because I am a troll, sadist or super-jerk-face.

Warning for the future...not everyone on this site is as nice as I am, and they won't use lite-humor to handle your "sensitiveness"...in the future, do better to not let people get to you, so they won't have to feel guilty that they "may have hurt the feelings" of another "grown man".

Good day.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
NATIVE AMERICAN LEGENDS:
www.legendsofamerica.com...

Native American Totems & Their Meanings

Bear: Industrious, instinctive, healing, power, sovereignty, guardian of the world, watcher, courage, will power, self-preservation, introspection, and great strength

Owl: Turtle Nurturer, shy, and protecting Deception, clairvoyance, insight, messenger.

Turtle: Nurturer, shy, and protecting

A totem can be the symbol of a tribe, clan, family or individual. Native American tradition provides that each individual is connected with nine different animals that will accompany each person through life, acting as guides. Different animal guides come in and out of our lives depending on the direction that we are headed and the tasks that need to be completed along our journey.

Native beliefs further explain that a totem animal is one that is with you for life, both in the physical and spiritual world. Though people may identify with different animal guides throughout their lifetimes, it is this one totem animal that acts as the main guardian spirit.

With this one animal a connection is shared, either through interest in the animal, characteristics, dreams, or other interaction. ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Or this descriptions of totems ~~~~~~~~~~~

www.starstuffs.com...

OWL: Owl is the mystery of silent wisdom, heightened vision and hearing and the ability to pinpoint subtleties of motives, actions and people. He teaches the power of silence and contemplation and the balance of waiting and acting. Owl teaches the ability to extract secrets from within...He also aids in clearing deceptions. Owl has much wisdom in teaching how to see and sense the world around you along with determination and patience in waiting...for the opportune moment.

TURTLE: Longevity, endurance, survival skills, patience, stimulates hearing on both the physical and spiritual levels. Turtle teaches on an emotional level to reach within to find answers, shows how to navigate the spiritual while using protections and defenses of both worlds....

BEAR (cave): Sub/Unconscious mind, strength, grounding, inner energy of soul to find answers, judgements... Bear teaches caution, quiet of the mind and silence within---introspection which awakens insights and opportunities. Bears teachs leadership, natural healing abilities and defending when necessary... Are you eating a balanced diet? Utilizing intuition? Being cautious? Bear shows how to balance & express oneself.

such are my totems/power animals which have presented themselves to me. Pretty much in line with my Chinese 'Rat/Earth' & my Solar 'Taurus' counterparts

IOW; i really should have stayed on the farm, instead of wandering towards the noise & glimmer of civilization

look on either of the above links for explainations of animals as guides or totems.
in any case, one needs to hold that all animals, plants, even rocks & minerals-elements have a soul or breath of life....

thanks

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Discriminated against? Absolutely not Mr Mask! As IntastellaBurst said, you can begin your own mech-totem thread. There is no need to hijack this one!

I should have been a bit nicer I guess, but seeing a poster get all "sensitive" and then say things like "you are hurting my feelings" and then adding to it "you are a biggot and a troll" sorta just got me going more.

Mr Mask, I never called you a bigot or a troll! I simply asked that you stop! You have to understand that people do have feelings and ARE sensitive...especially when it comes to their culture! Native Americans have already been basically exterminated. The least we can do is respect what little is left of the cultural heritage...

But for the record...just so you know...it is "not wrong" to call something "silly" on this site. It is very important to confront "silly threads"...and there are many ways to do it.

I often choose tongue-in-cheek humor to do it...it allows my thoughts to sink deep without causing a riot or a ban frenzy. I didn't want a fight...if you notice I was very lite-hearted throughout my jest.

As someone else has said here, ATS is a place to take everything with a healthy dose of skepticism. I can appreciate that. However, when it comes down to it, you don't have to mock the thread. You don't have to repeatedly hijack the thread with your own idea. This was a place to discuss Totemic Animals. If you feel the need to discuss Mech Totems, by all means, make a thread! I'll be there! This however, is not that thread and I apologise that I couldn't be more inclusive.

I won't lie...I think you are "mangling Native Culture" and reducing it to a "forum fun time activity"...I may be wrong...but you may also be wrong in thinking you are "worthy of sharing this information with strangers all over the net".

Well, I don't have a problem with you having an opinion. I know many natives and many of them are my friends. They wouldn't agree with you. However, as I'm sure of it, there are those natives out there that probably WOULD agree with you. As with life, it's a matter of perspective.

I am sorry for "not being as nice as you wanted"...but I was never "threatening or violent" with my "outlook".

In fact...you were the first to start "throwing around the insults" on personal character.

I never insulted your personal character, except for maybe with the dewey cox quote. I was hoping you'd see the "humor" behind it and not the "insult"....It was a point I was trying to make. Just because you sugar coat your insults doesn't mean they go down smoothly. I didn't see anything "threatening or violent". I just felt that you were hijacking my thread and the simple fact that no matter how many times I asked you to refrain from straying off topic, you kept doing so, puts twothings in my mind. Either A) you were purposely hijacking my thread or B) you are stalking(isn't a classic case of stalking one where the offender keeps coming around and "harassing" their victim without a "threatening or violent" persona?)

Warning for the future...not everyone on this site is as nice as I am, and they won't use lite-humor to handle your "sensitiveness"...in the future, do better to not let people get to you, so they won't have to feel guilty that they "may have hurt the feelings" of another "grown man".

Wait...so you're telling me that grown men aren't supposed to have feelings!? I forgot, being cold-hearted and insensitive is the way to a ladies' heart....and good threads apparently....

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

a
Interesting description of the crow just wondering if that was a direct reply to my request for some interpretation or you got that from some of my posts (replies) because that basically sums it up. I know that I do post some "opinionated" and "unabashed in your face stuff" . I don't know about the messenger thing as the only message I bring is just the same warning tht everybody has heard before. Star caring, people or we're all F----ed. At any rate that was spot on.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by R0BCROW75

That was just my interpretation of the crow. They frequent these parts often and I'm left to analyze them and their behaviour day after day. After years of analyzing them, I think I know the crow to a small degree....not great, but a little...

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
yeah looking back I had thought I posted sooner and it was a reply.
Wow, a lot of Crows here maybe we should form an ATS "CROW" family and maybe we could do those things that crows do for each other. I think it's pretty awesome how the name just stuck when I accidentally created it a year ago. Strangely enough, I remember I got seperated from a girlfriend I had when I was young and couldn't find her and a crow swooped down and nearly tagged me in the head. I found her a few minutes later. So I guess there has always been a connection there.
Great topic. I'm going to use this tag forever now. Might even change my name to Robert Crow.
BTW, I'm plagued by sychronicity. There's a story here but maybe another time.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by R0BCROW75]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

u just sh1t me. plain & simple.
You ARE funny & clever,
and I think it gets wasted with the way u behave sometimes.

your points are valid tho, its not about whether u sh1t me or not, and I went about talking to u about it the wrong way to actually get results.
Sorry about that, its something i do more often than i'd like to admit.
lesson slowly being learnt....

-B.M

P.S) i acted like a law enforcer trying to tell u what to do,
whereas other people came at u with solutions instead,
like "start a thread, coz thats a great idea it just doesn't belong here!"
and I think it was a good suggestion worth following

[edit on 5/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
At work a couple years back my co-workers did think of me as a raccoon. Scavange through garbage. (I was a 'Refuse Operator') and when I take off my sunglasses I had raccoon eyes. I'm a curious little fella.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have come to the realization that i have 2 animal spirit guides, the wolf n the hawk. would anyone care to elaborate....?! haha (maybe what this may mean or what each animal stands for symbolically.)

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by moondog_0003

It's quite common to have more than one. Animal guides or totems often change during one's lifetime. It's actually very rare to keep one for all of one's natural born life, although it does happen.

The wolf was discussed earlier in the thread:

A wolf totem is very demanding on an individual but the return is great. The wolf is reliable and enduring. He reminds us to be strong and trust our instincts and insights. A wolf is one that overcomes adversity by taking risks and facing fears head on....

The hawk has not...I associate the hawk with vision(foresight), temperance, and creativity. The hawk will teach us to use our vision or insight to scope out the situation and become more aware of what may or may not transpire. Hawk allows us to prepare ourselves for the obstacles that may come our way. The hawk may also offer a creative means of avoiding those obstacles as well as allowing us to maintain our balance and self-restraint if we happen to take our eyes off the prize.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join