It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else hate the way obama pronounces pakistan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Moderator,

Would you please deduct a hundred points from me for clicking on this thread. Thanks so much.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

Originally posted by genius/idoit
It's almost like he deliberately pronounces it different than any other American

You mean, the right way?

Wouldn't you want people in other nations to pronounce the name of your country the way it's intended to be? Or should we just make up our own names for countries entirely?

Why should he mispronounce the name of the country to make you feel better about yourself?

If Obama's intention was to pronounce it the "Right Way" as you allege, then why did he pronounce Afghanistan as "AN", instead of "ON" (As he did for Pakistan)?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

our president is an elitist fool who somehow managed to make it through columbia and harvard and still come out an idiot with no leadership qualities. nothing new here.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

To answer your first question, yes I am mental.

Second, originally in english there was no j, people wrote i longer (than the line) and some people mistook it for a different letter and eventually it evolved in to one.

Kinda like the 'ye olde pub' there is no such thing as ye. It was a specific way of writing Th.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Um...that's how I say it too. So, no, I guess I don't "hate" the way he pronounces it.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Well, since we are after all American, our way of pronouncing "Z" as ZEE is of course THE correct way.

What more is there to say?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForAiur
English is a Germanic language, in case you didn't know. You can have that one for free, too.

And do you know what a "Germanic language' is, or was?

It was a collection of languages spoke in Northern Iron Age Europe, which included OLD ENGLISH (which was also a collection of other dialects), which is where our modern English came from, or EVOLVED from. Old English was mostly created by the Saxons.

So what was your point?

Old English evolved into modern English in the 15th century.

The Americans then took modern English and simplified it, or as I like to say devolved it. Actually I think what really happened is the immigrants were mostly uneducated and thus couldn't spell very well...
Maybe if you had not continued to call it 'English' I might call it evolved...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
If the Brits speak English so well, why do they add a "u" to some words? Don't they know that it's wrong?

Really though, I read an article some time back that said that Americans not adding a "u" into words like color and honor is more correct than than adding it. It has something to do with words being taken from other languages or being native English words. It was kinda interesting...to a nerd like me.

How can it be wrong? The English language is the English language, made official in 1755 by the publication of the 'Dictionary of the English Language', Samuel Johnson. The publication is considered the authority on English Spelling. It was Webster who screwed it all up.

Anyway the U was kept in English words that had either Greek or Latin Origins, and was made an official part of the English language in 1755. There really is no reason for it now, but personally I'm a stickler for tradition and I'll keep the U thanx...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
The OP sounds like one of those jealous teen girls in middle school who hates the new pretty girl, so she dogs her out to her friends about her hair being too long. Or her eyes are too big and green, like some funky giant emerald.

This pic sums it all up...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73eb9021a9a0.jpg[/atsimg]

that is a hilllarious pic...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Level X

that is a hilllarious pic...

That is an hilarious pic...

Sorry couldn't resist lol...

[edit on 12/8/2009 by ANOK]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
And do you know what a "Germanic language' is, or was?
It was a collection of languages spoke in Northern Iron Age Europe, which included OLD ENGLISH (which was also a collection of other dialects), which is where our modern English came from, or EVOLVED from. Old English was mostly created by the Saxons.

So what was your point?

And where do we find Saxony? Not sure of your point.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Hell ya great post he is a muslim and trying to sound intelectual he is a pin head and a pseudointilectual

great point he thinks he is above us all how he says these country names will not help him deal with these problems no substance just show no character

i love it thanks for hitting the nail with this one.

this is why obama is so inept and dangerous and very bad, and full of bs.

he is not real what is real is his narc way he carries GQ magazine with him with him on the cover.

he is a queer gay who has gay lovers and does coc aine with them thats the secret weapon hillary had in her campaign but was paid off heavily not to use it.

hope and change!!! and the way i pronounce other countries names.

yeah

chris

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Does anyone else not really care how obama pronounces Pakistan?

Why is this crap allowed to be put on here? Seriously. there should be an off topic rule for the whole damn website. this website is to discuss and inform or learn about different conspiracies, psudeo sciences, science, and other things of the like. not to discuss pointless topics of how one government official pronounces certian words, or how he wipes his arse, or what he eats for dinner.

Please mods can we have a push to eliminate garbage like this?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by airborne82ndscout

really you sir need to look at life with a different perspective. hes inept, dangerous and bad because of how he pronounces words?

do you read your posts before you press the reply button?

because that just sounds very silly.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I would think Obama should know how to pronounce it as he has spent time in that country before. But all in all, who cares?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't realize so many other people felt this way. You can count me as one of the "ignorant hicks" that hates the way Obama pronounces Pakistan. I also hate the way he says Copenhagen. It's Co-pen-hay-gen, like the snuff. Not Copen-haagan you fools! Say it like a real man, not some neutered pansie!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join