It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists to protect ATS - Fight the Fundies!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Atheists should unite, they are a dying breed of fools!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Atheism is a religion. Lets get the Atheists off ATS!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

That is a little much.
I am in strong disagreement with the way ATS lets Athiests get away with name calling i do not see why the other side should stoop to that level.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Brief example of when religion is more than applicable, in my eyes, in an otherwise "unrelated" thread.
UFO boards...
Video of unknown craft has surfaced and joeblow christian over here says: "You know, Ezekiel described a similar looking craft in the bible."

How is that not applicable to an otherwise unrelated forum.

I guess we'll have to omit Ezekiel's experience with a UFO under your new rules. Nevermind the fact that the craft in question is of unknown origin.

Now, I understand that you may have no interest in even considering what I just said. However, I urge you to look at this from another stance. You are effectively arguing for censorship across the board.

And that is the only real problem with this thread.
You cannot censor someone else just because you disagree with what they said.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
"Organized" or "Evangelical" Atheists are pawns in the game. Here is your conspiracy... "The destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time" "Receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer"

"We shall unleash the Nihilists and Atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will be from that moment without compass (direction), anxious for an ideal, but with out knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view, a manifestation which will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time"

--------------------------
Pike designed a plan for world conquest and wrote of it in a letter to Mazzini dated August 15, 1871. He said three future world wars would prepare the world for the New World Order.

Albert Pike's plan for the Illuminati was as simple as it has proved effective. He required that Communism, Naziism, Political Zionism, and other International movements be organized and used to foment the three global wars and three major revolutions. The First World War was to be fought so as to enable the Illuminati to overthrow the powers of the Tzars in Russia and turn that country into the stronghold of Atheistic-Communism. The differences stirred up by agentur of the Illuminati between the British and German Empires were to be used to foment this war. After the war ended, Communism was to be built up and used to destroy other governments and weaken religions.

World War Two, was to be fomented by using the differences between Fascists and Political Zionists. This war was to be fought so that Naziism would be destroyed and the power of Political Zionism increased so that the sovereign state of Israel could be established in Palestine. During World War Two International Communism was to be built up until it equalled in strength that of united Christendom. At this point it was to be contained and kept in check until required for the final social cataclysm. Can any informed person deny Roosevelt and Churchill did put this policy into effect?

World War Three is to be fomented by using the differences the agentur of the Illuminati stir up between Political Zionists and the leaders of the Moslem world. The war is to be directed in such a manner that Islam (the Arab World including Mohammedanism) and Political Zionism (including the State of Israel) will destroy themselves while at the same time the remaining nations, once more divided against each other on this issue, will be forced to fight themselves into a state of complete exhaustion physically, mentally, spiritually and economically. Can any unbiased and reasoning person deny that the intrigue now going on in the Near, Middle, and Far East is designed to accomplish this devilish purpose?

After World War Three is ended, those who aspire to undisputed world domination will provoke the greatest social cataclysm the world has ever known. We quote his own written words taken from the letter catalogued in the British Museum Library, London, England.

"We shall unleash the Nihilists and Atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will be from that moment without compass (direction), anxious for an ideal, but with out knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view, a manifestation which will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time" (William Guy Carr, Pawns in the Game, p. xv-xvi).
www.angelfire.com...
www.modernhistoryproject.org...
www.threeworldwars.com...
www.biblebelievers.org.au...

[edit on 1-12-2009 by infolurker]

[edit on 1-12-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Please can someone show me a christian "forcing their beliefs" on people? I have been lurking for a long time and from what i gather atheists complain about it but i never see it. Can someone post some links to some posts of christians forcing anything on anyone? If it happens 1/4th as much as it is complained about then there should be no issue providing links to the posts.

Right after reading this I clicked "Recent Posts" and behold

Not only does it claim falsity as fact, it ends with:

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America. And God knows America does not need anymore problems.

ie: If you disagree with me you are not an American and you are a problem.

Does this qualify for what you were asking? This was found literally after 10 seconds of looking.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Why don't you just leave them alone, and let them talk about Christianity?

I thought this place was supposed to be about embracing a wide spectrum of viewpoints on the universe?

Since when is it about marginalizing and attacking people with a philosophy you don't happen to like?

Sounds pretty NAZI like to me.

Check your head, sir.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueTruth
Why don't you just leave them alone, and let them talk about Christianity?

I thought this place was supposed to be about embracing a wide spectrum of viewpoints on the universe?

Since when is it about marginalizing and attacking people with a philosophy you don't happen to like?

Sounds pretty NAZI like to me.

Check your head, sir.

Usually doesn't take this long for Godwin's Law to be invoked.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I'm very familiar with the infamous "wheel within a wheel."

It's interesting.. but why bring it up every time somebody posts a ufo thread? Wouldn't that get redundant?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg

I'm not asking you to do anything I'm not asking of myself, which is to leave religion where it belongs -- in church, or religious forums, or wherever. Hearing about it in conspiracy threads which have nothing to do with religion is really annoying, and just stirs up this kind of vitriol.

By vitriol, do you mean stuff like this quote from Symbiote:

"Fundies are sort of like the retarded kids on the small bus, projecting their hate out the window at the normal kids.

They attack because they can't do anything else. "

Eric

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Not really cramming his beliefs on anyone i mean he dose propose an illogical argument.
But is what athiests think of beliefs being forced people just giving their opinion? If that is the case then a forum is just an internet place for people to force thier beliefs on others.
So how is that thread different from any atheist thread?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

Not really cramming his beliefs on anyone i mean he dose propose an illogical argument.
But is what athiests think of beliefs being forced people just giving their opinion? If that is the case then a forum is just an internet place for people to force thier beliefs on others.
So how is that thread different from any atheist thread?

You asked for an example of christians doing it. Not for any sort of justification of anything.
Separate note though: If saying "You are wrong, and more over anti-thesis of all that is good" is not cramming beliefs down throat.. what constitutes that for you?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Originally posted by Kaytagg

I'm not asking you to do anything I'm not asking of myself, which is to leave religion where it belongs -- in church, or religious forums, or wherever. Hearing about it in conspiracy threads which have nothing to do with religion is really annoying, and just stirs up this kind of vitriol.

By vitriol, do you mean stuff like this quote from Symbiote:

"Fundies are sort of like the retarded kids on the small bus, projecting their hate out the window at the normal kids.

They attack because they can't do anything else. "

Eric

All the more reason to leave religion out of the mix. Then we wouldn't have to hear attacks like that, and everybody can be happy and content with their lives/beliefs.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You know, I have been a member here for two years and am a moderator. In that time, I have seen quite a few mega threads attempting to shut down religious opinions on the board.

Example 1 (This Thread). Basically asking for staff to shut down certain view points on topics.

Example 2 (Creationists Will Destroy ATS)
www.belowtopsecret.com... Claiming Christians/creationists are ruining the board and appealing to staff to stifle their voice on the board.

Example 3 (Religious Extremists Taking over ATS)
www.belowtopsecret.com...
Asking for a review of the existence of the CIR board and to label religious posts as off topic.

Example 4 (I believe religion is souring this entire site, it should be banned)
www.belowtopsecret.com...
Desires to remove or isolate religious discussion from the site.

Those are just some whammies I can think of off the top of my head. On that same note, I've also seen threads asking to silence anti-religious people.

That sucks. Anyone who wants to stifle differing opinions fails to see that it is THEM who are the problem. But instead of seeing themselves as the inhibitor of free discussion, they instead point the finger at others and accuse them of being the problem. Human nature is interesting, to say the least.

You do go a bit too far attempting to form a forum gang and board war, though. Poor form. Who is really the one causing the problems and trying to silence others instead of debating others? I'll let everyone come to their own conclusion.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

I am a non-religious Christian and I want the survival of ATS...
...I will fight for any freedom that doesn't by nature destroy the freedom of another.

I think a Christian should protect the freedoms of others...even atheists.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Atheism is definitely has some religious aspects, especially lately in the last few years.

Atheists have been acting just like fundamentalists. Acting like THEY KNOW IT ALL. It's impossible they might not know everything!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EdCase512

the only thing used more often and with less acuity than 'godwin's law', is occam's razor. at least the latter is a real theory, even if flawed and overused.

if you can tell me censorship and persecution of a subgroup is NOT akin to nazi behavior, then maybe you would have a point.

and regardless of what you think of what I said, I'm right.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

"I am issuing a call to arms. ATS is under siege, and is rapidly losing the battle against religious suppression."

- Everyone start running lol!

"These pitiful people have NO interest in the 'real' truth of any subject."

- Really? Says who? You? What a joke! What are you actually talking about here? the truth to conspiracies? I'd like to think I keep an open mind about any subject regardless of my faith or non-faith, however just because I have faith in something doesn't mean that I am not interested in learning about conspiracies.

"Religion, and particularly on ATS - Christianity, is an enemy of truth."

- What truth exactly? why are you being so vague?

"May I make it clear as well - there is no RECRUITING going on in this thread - the call to arms is a figurative term."

- Didn't sound like it from your first post. Are you trying to backtrack what you said? lol

"(And stop vulnerable people from being indoctrinated by them.)"

- everyone has a brain and hopefully everyone knows how to use it and can make up their own mind to believe or not to believe. It sounds like you are telling people what to think.... theres a button called "ignore" or you can complain.

"Religion is irrelevant to ATS subject matter, and as such should be stopped from interfering with the search for the truth."

- Not true. Depends what the topic is that is up for discussion.

"and felt that 'being nice' to the fundies wasn't necessary."

- wow harsh.

"What is rational or empirical about religion? Nothing."

- Yes what is rational about believing in a man called Jesus who came to earth and died for our sins and was resurrected.
What is also rational about others believing in Aliens who came to earth and made us? (thats just an example)
This debate could go on and on... without end. Do we really need to keep hitting a dead duck? Everyone is going to agree to disagree on any topic. Lets leave it at that.

"What can I say apart from - "Have mercy on the poor fundies, for they know not what they do!"

- I don't think making fun of scriptural passages or quoting Jesus is going to win you any friends fast. It could be construde as highly insulting to some people and its in very bad taste.

"it may encourage them to put something in place to control this scourge."

-So "fundies" as you call them need to be controlled like a plague? I don't think calling a group of people names is called for. And it also speaks of your intelligence which at this point is quite low.

"I can't have a qualified conversation with 'balanced religious folk' because religious people aren't balanced."

- So what you are saying is that "religious folk" do not have a brain because they are zombies and you cannot have an intelligent conversation? that is the most absured piece of trash I have ever read. It made me laugh so hard I scared my cat!

"They have their philosophy in creating viewpoints, and everything they say, think or do is 'tainted' by this pseudo-philosophy."

- I could say the same thing about you... so what?

"However, the problem I am finding is that the contributions are more 'preachings' than conspiratorial commentary or examinations. The religion seems to come first, the pursuit of conspiratorial truth last. This is the crux of my argument."

- Why couldn't you say that in your first post without making it sound like a bad terrorist plot in a D grade movie.

"I will reiterate - I am no fan of censorship or viewpoint suppression."

-But you implied it in your first post? Which is it? yes or no?

"Oh I see. I agree. ATS is not a forum for preaching. I do think you should tone down your title to more reflect that notion than a war against the two groups." - JohnPhoenix

- I agree with John. Lets keep it to topic unless we are debating or arguing a point with a religious aspect and not just trying to convert people.

"However, the tangible application of that religion or philosophy on ATS appears to be highly detrimental to the sites purpose."

-I'm not sure what you mean here. I know there are other Christian denominations out there that believe in life on other worlds. I know a few christians that believe this so how is this detrimental to ATS? Agreed in some topics religion plays no part but in others people can debate or make their opinions known religious or not. It doesn't mean we all agree on it and we won't.

"Play nice. "

- But you haven't played nice at all from the beginning of your post and you expect others to play nice? How old are you?

"Religion from where I sit is very damaging and dangerous. Therefore, I must combat it. Or at the very least contain it. We can't both be right?"

- No we can't be both right. But everyone is entitled to their own belief's and just as you don't like christian belief's thrust down your throat the same goes for others who do not agree with you. Lets just agree that everyone is going to disagree or agree with each other.

"I just pity you."

- And I'm sure there are people pitying you reading this post right now.

"At the risk of sounding like you've just lost the argument, stay a while. Talk more - your viewpoint, whilst antagonistic, is very interesting."

- And you think you haven't been antagonistic or condescending? You have twisted and implied things that people have not said on this thread and is not true at all. You shouldn't shoot yourself in the foot like that because it shows a lack of credibility on you as an OP.

"Me and my atheist friends are here to stop you."

- Try all you want but at the end of the day people are still going to believe what they want to believe and are entitled to that.

Instead of trying to start a board war with a "them against us" kind of senario why don't you try putting more effort into finding out what is the truth? Because the truth is out there.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by misswanderer31]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by misswanderer31

Sorry, I wasn't sure if there was a statement in there, or just one inferred from cut and pasting.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You asked for an example of christians doing it. Not for any sort of justification of anything.
Separate note though: If saying "You are wrong, and more over anti-thesis of all that is good" is not cramming beliefs down throat.. what constitutes that for you?

Ahhh and here we go...
Man is seperated from animals by his intelligence, creatiuvity, ability to create the arts, language among other things. With those things come freedom of choice and the recognition of.
You feed a gold fish and he will eat, he will eat untill he dies.
You train a dog well enough you can get it to run into traffic.
A person will stop eating and tell you to go ____ yourself if you were to tell him to run into traffic. So what does this have to do with forcing beliefs down other's throats? Free choice, you have it (i do not think it is just a god given thing). If you are feeling like the words on your screen are "forcing" anything on you then i question your mental ability. You do have a choice in what you read what you respond to and the trolls you feed. If the thread you linked to is "forcing" anything on you then how is anythread on here NOT forcing something on someone?
The fact is Athiests have their own double standards for things
Free Speech: I should be allowed to say whatever i want because i am free But on the other hand we should regulate what christians say and where they can say it
Education: We should teach children about everything in the world around them But on the other hand when christians do it it is called brain washing so we will decide what they learn.
Mass Murder: Christians have killed many people in their religious battles But on the other hand atheists leaders tend to be communists and kill by the millions but it is just an odd coincidence when you take the leaders of the world for the past 500 years and seperate the mass murders their tend to be more athiests on one side.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join