It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists to protect ATS - Fight the Fundies!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
Calling someone stupid for holding onto a core belief that they and everyone they care about has held since childhood will only cause your words to land of deaf ears and more bad blood.

Very true.

Fundies are sort of like the retarded kids on the small bus, projecting their hate out the window at the normal kids.

They attack because they can't do anything else.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

This is a conspiracy in religion my friend. The Christian religion is attempting to storm the ATS castle. Me and my atheist friends are here to stop you.

If you read my posts I have suggested the conspiracy, and noone from the Christian side has yet tested it yet. Saying that, the Atheists on here could up the ante a bit? Hint Hint.

Also, please try and play nice - no need for ad hom attacks. Thanking you in advance.

The Para.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Here you can start first.
In the upper left hand side of the screen it says Conspiracies in Religions so get out. You don't want christinas cluttering up your religious talks then lead by example STOP talking about religion and leave CiR. There is a wide variety of topics to discuss here on ATS and boards for them. Why you would come to the Religion board and ask that there is a religion free zone in it is retarded. Go to another board, if the christians come and try to convert you click the complaint button.
The people i see the most preaching on here and ramming their beliefs down other's throats is the athiests, like now a call to arms?Shove it. please find one of the MANY other boards that have nothing to do with religion and post there

With the exception of the overly aggressive verbage (most unchristlike) this is an extremely valid point.
I peruse this board for the specific purpose of engaging and studying the "faithful". It is entertaining.
I'm also confident enough in my opinions that a bias on an internet forum would not leave me quivering with rage.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Parallex

I believe a moderator would be much more qualified to answer such a question.

I completely agree, but debating the issue is not a problem as far as I'm aware, and noone is being overly nasty yet so edits aren't required.

Afterall, they have access to that sort of information.

Which information do you refer to?

And it is nice to see how you've narrowed your "call to arms" to one of your follow up questions now that you have been called out on nearly every point you tried to make.

Oh no, I haven't done that. Not one bit. I just tried in vain to get you back on topic from your enjoyment of trolling.

Lost an argument?
There was never an argument to begin with. Just a pulpit to talk trash from.
Tell me again how much of a fundie I am. It is pretty amusing.

Save the baiting for your next fishing trip my friend. I have no ill will towards you, play nice!

The Para.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Parallex]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

There is no crack or chink in the "armor" of the atheist.
To even look at such a thing in those terms sets yourself up for a big letdown.
Atheists don't believe in god.
You cannot prove god exists.
Atheists are all good.
Conversely, you believe in god.
An atheist can't do anything to persuade you.
You are all good.

The entire debate is pretty foolish, really. But it can be fun at times. Like mental masturbation. If properly engaged, it can be quite refreshing for the logic function of the mind.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If any of the lurking atheists would like to take over, I have to get on with life outside of ATS. I will be back in a while to see how the debate of the OP subject matter has developed.

Please ignore the resident troll JayinAR, I think he's hungry and possibly may have a hangover.

The Para.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
I am issuing a call to arms.

ATS is under siege, and is rapidly losing the battle against religious suppression.

Bill Mahers' call to arms for Atheists - FIGHT THE FUNDIES!

I have been a member of ATS for a while now. I have been keeping a close eye on what I consider to be the enemies of truth, information flow, and clear - empirical analysis.

One of the most implacable enemies of the core-principles of ATS is that of religion. In the case of ATS, the biggest threat comes from fundamentalist Christians, and even their more moderate 'brethren'. By brethren I mean fellow cultists.

The Para.

Pardon me, but you yourself sound like a fundamentalist Atheist. You are also quite intolerant, and somewhat bigoted if I may say so myself.

I am a Christian, and I defend every individuals right to freely practice their own religion, regardless of exactly what it is. I only ask that those who practice their religion, do so in a respectful manner which does not incite violence against people of other faiths, and that they do not practice nor preach any form of violence at all (ie, ritual human sacrifice, etc.).

You as an Atheist, out of all people, are openly advocating the hatred and bullying of another legitimate and well established belief system, and due to such, I do not believe that you have any room to speak when issuing the typical fringe Atheist mantra of "Being Oppressed", or "Being Victimized" by so called "Religious Brutes". You have to give respect in order to receive it, and that is the bottom line in life.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Alright, that time I made it about halfway through your post.
You'll excuse me for forgoing the other half. I don't troll on the internet.

If I take the time to respond to your thread, there is a reason for me doing so.
If you still can't figure it out, I'm really starting to question your reasoning ability.

link   

reply to post by zaiger

This is a conspiracy in religion my friend. The Christian religion is attempting to storm the ATS castle. Me and my atheist friends are here to stop you.

If you read my posts I have suggested the conspiracy, and noone from the Christian side has yet tested it yet. Saying that, the Atheists on here could up the ante a bit? Hint Hint.

Also, please try and play nice - no need for ad hom attacks. Thanking you in advance.

The Para.

The problem for you atheists is that you are fractured. You can't unite and this is why you fear you're being out done by the Christians. If the atheists on your side had any confidence in what you say and claim is the real truth, you would not be afraid to discuss and debate. The OP's thread is an admission that you're losing the war, and that unless you can get the ATS to intercede for you, you cannot win...

Christians don't have this problem as they never fear of losing what they believe is the truth. We know what the truth is so we can debate till the universe ends, no problem. Christians don't ask the ATS execs to ban the atheists. Christians want to discuss God with the atheists in the hope of changing a mind or two. That's the difference. Tolerance VS Intolerance.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Fromabove]

link   

1) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever.

There is one for ya.
You "conspiracy" is poorly constructed. How do you reach that conclusion? You post in a board the talks about religion and you do not want people with religion to posting in your threads???? Most of the Mods on ATS are athiests.
Declaring threads religion free zones would fail. Because then you would have to have athiest free zones (where you would cry about oppression from christians). And it would snowball into other boards and really it would end up pointlessly doubling all threads. because someone could create one like this and declare it an athiest free zone and have a call to arms against athiests.
This is just typlical atheist babble, you think that christianity is religion and you have a bone to pick with christians so you direct your attacks at religion to mock the rest of the worlds religions to date i have no seen any hindu, buddhist, scientologists, Jews or Islamic people here on ATS forcing anything on anyone or quoting their books or trying to convert anyone.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Here you can start first.
In the upper left hand side of the screen it says Conspiracies in Religions so get out. You don't want christinas cluttering up your religious talks then lead by example STOP talking about religion and leave CiR. There is a wide variety of topics to discuss here on ATS and boards for them. Why you would come to the Religion board and ask that there is a religion free zone in it is retarded. Go to another board, if the christians come and try to convert you click the complaint button.
The people i see the most preaching on here and ramming their beliefs down other's throats is the athiests, like now a call to arms?Shove it. please find one of the MANY other boards that have nothing to do with religion and post there

Now that's an idea...Go elsewhere and gather your army of athiests. Religion is not a conspiracy it is a belief held close to the hearts of about 80% of all humans on this planet. Abovetopsecret.com is not about religion so why are you trying so hard to ban religion from the board that is dedicated to the religious conspiracy aspect of the site. The logic behind this is flawed to say the least. Like zaiger said Go to another board, if the Christians come and try to convert you click the complaint button.

LifENcircleS

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

reply to post by zaiger

The Para.

The problem for you atheists is that you are fractured. You can't unite and this is why you fear you're being out done by the Christians. If the atheists on your side had any confidence in what you say and claim is the real truth, you would not be afraid to discuss and debate. The OP's thread is an admission that you're losing the war, and that unless you can get the ATS to intercede for you, you cannot win...

Christians don't have this problem as they never fear of losing what they believe is the truth. We know what the truth is so we can debate till the universe ends, no problem. Christians don't ask the ATS execs to ban the atheists. Christians want to discuss God with the atheists in the hope of changing a mind or two. That's the difference. Tolerance VS Intolerance.

Atheists don't band together like mindless zombies looking to devour some helpless victims brain. That's not necessarily a bad thing, unless there is a reason we need to band together -- and Christians are creating that reason.

Forcing your ideas upon other people -- demanding that your delusion be treated respectfully when it is thrown out into a public forum is not what I call tolerance.

Like I said, keep religion out of ATS, unless the conspiracy is specifically on religion. Then we'd all be happier.

Edit: And I'll do the same.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

There is no crack or chink in the "armor" of the atheist.
To even look at such a thing in those terms sets yourself up for a big letdown.
Atheists don't believe in god.
You cannot prove god exists.
Atheists are all good.
Conversely, you believe in god.
An atheist can't do anything to persuade you.
You are all good.

The entire debate is pretty foolish, really. But it can be fun at times. Like mental masturbation. If properly engaged, it can be quite refreshing for the logic function of the mind.

You appear to be a debater. You have a view and can express it, as can I, and that's the way it ought to be. Only those who fear (like the OP) need to violate ATS rules and attempt a recruitment drive, and tempt the ATS powers to come to their side and quash the Christians.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Where are your athiest friends by the way?
This is not a conspiracy in religion either. Your "conspiracy" would be in ATS and based off the no evidence claims of yours it would probably belong in skunkworks. And since it is really just more Atheist wha wha i dont like religion whaaaaaa, it would probably fit in to the complaint and suggestion thread.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Nobody is ever going to come "quash" the Christians.
You don't need to worry about that happening.
ATS would sorely miss their Christian contributors. Plus, I'm gathering that ATS really dislikes censoring opinion.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Exactly.
The OP began the thread with a "call to arms" and on his last correspondance with me of any relevance, he asked me to "debate" what amounts to a concern for the board and business forum. Or a complaint.

Boo-fing-hoo... suck it up.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg

reply to post by zaiger

The Para.

Atheists don't band together like mindless zombies looking to devour some helpless victims brain. That's not necessarily a bad thing, unless there is a reason we need to band together -- and Christians are creating that reason.

Forcing your ideas upon other people -- demanding that your delusion be treated respectfully when it is thrown out into a public forum is not what I call tolerance.

Like I said, keep religion out of ATS, unless the conspiracy is specifically on religion. Then we'd all be happier.

Edit: And I'll do the same.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Kaytagg]

Almost all Christian topic is a matter of conspiracy as there is always someone out there trying to stop them, oppress them, or limit them, as with this conspiracy we are debating now that the OP started when he decided to use the ATS to basically declare war on Christians.

Atheists don't band together, they never do...

As for forcing our viewpoint on you, we don't, we offer it. If you reject it, talk's over, no need to go further. In open forums where you come to the table and debate is a matter of rule, expect a robust viewpoint as do the Christians and just handle it. No need for war here on the ATS. Whatever happened to "Peace Bro" ?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Please can someone show me a christian "forcing their beliefs" on people? I have been lurking for a long time and from what i gather atheists complain about it but i never see it. Can someone post some links to some posts of christians forcing anything on anyone? If it happens 1/4th as much as it is complained about then there should be no issue providing links to the posts.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Nobody is ever going to come "quash" the Christians.
You don't need to worry about that happening.
ATS would sorely miss their Christian contributors. Plus, I'm gathering that ATS really dislikes censoring opinion.

I agree with your assessment. I do believe that the ATS is trying to keep it open and fair to all interested parties.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

As for forcing our viewpoint on you, we don't, we offer it. If you reject it, talk's over, no need to go further. In open forums where you come to the table and debate is a matter of rule, expect a robust viewpoint as do the Christians and just handle it. No need for war here on the ATS. Whatever happened to "Peace Bro" ?

I'm not asking you to do anything I'm not asking of myself, which is to leave religion where it belongs -- in church, or religious forums, or wherever. Hearing about it in conspiracy threads which have nothing to do with religion is really annoying, and just stirs up this kind of vitriol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join