It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists to protect ATS - Fight the Fundies!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Reading

The fact of the matter is logical,rational people can see religion for what it is Retarded.

careful you could get banned for insinuating religion causes retardation.

As if i needed to do that, they have that handled that themselves

And as for being banned, go ahead it will just make me a martyr!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I agree that he probably should've been warned. That may have made him stop trying instigate negative debate, but I think that it has been quite clear that the user was only trying to play with people's feelings for his own amusment.

Everything he had presented always contained commentary, which was pretty much just poking fun at Christians. It seemed that it was his intent the whole time.

Some of the Christians weren't much better, responding with insults too, but hey, they were provoked. Provoked people naturally respond negatively. It's human nature.

Although information was presented, he had been just luring religious members into the thread several times and he seemed to get off on it. In a world where people are divided more than ever, why should this community be tainted with such grief?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

It shows how dire the situation is when very few of them are brave enough to come onto this thread - perhaps they have something to fear from certain people with forum powers?

Not to worry, i got bollocks like a baboon and Allah on my side so will make up the numbers.

What I have noticed though (in all seriousness) is atheist Brits don't give a crap about coming out,which is weird since the Uk is technically a theocracy, whereas the US is secular and atheists are treated and condemned as appallingly (if not worse) than gays.

Perhaps we should take comfort in the fact that xtianity is on the decline big time, the only reason I take comfort in that though is because it means less likelihood of them interfering with our lives if they didn't keep doing this, hey what the hell each to their own.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Amen to that!, The worst thing is we have broken barriers such as race and gender in such a big way.

we just have one more to break and then we are on the home stretch!

i think ill add you as a freind you seem to think along the same lines as me, plus i loved the fact that you used the term retardation

oh and para, i wasnt insulting just having a laugh, because thats all religion is to me a big laugh

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

I agree that he probably should've been warned.

Sorry dude but there's no maybe about it as far as I'm concerned, by not warning him the god mods gave the game away, unless of course they choose to clarify the position.

That may have made him stop trying instigate negative debate,

Debate is just arguing politely as possible without using ad hominy, negative or positive depends on which sied of the argument your on.

but I think that it has been quite clear that the user was only trying to play with people's feelings for his own amusment.

The perhaps people should leave their feelings at home before thy come to debate.

Everything he had presented always contained commentary, which was pretty much just poking fun at Christians. It seemed that it was his intent the whole time.

Again if people didn't act like girls with skinnied knees , if he was doing that (which I don't think he was, opinion) and din't raise (and many didn't) to it then he would've been blowing smoke.

Some of the Christians weren't much better, responding with insults too,

But they were not banned which left a bad smell

but hey, they were provoked. Provoked people naturally respond negatively. It's human nature.

Apparently xtians are supposed to be above that, nevertheless it's no excuse.

Although information was presented, he had been just luring religious members into the thread several times and he seemed to get off on it.

One cannot help but notice that the dumbest mice go for the cheese, while the smarter ones head straight for the refrigerator.

In a world where people are divided more than ever, why should this community be tainted with such grief?

Seems like the only one grieving at the moment is Reasonable, but, again xtianity "needs" division it cannot survive without it, division is an integral part of their paradigm, here lays stupidity or conspiracy. To observe the stupidity seems to get you a posting ban.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I found the topic of this thread rather funny - as if there were something to protect?

Who are you protecting? Your own conseptions? Your atheism? Other's opinions from the taint of belief? What?

In fact it seems more like an attack against the freedom of belief, religion and free speech?

Why not allow the 'fundies' and 'atheist' mess around freely, after all, it is everyone's personal choice whether or not to take either of them seriously?

-v

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Atheists fighting fundies? Sorry that is a self-contradiction. Atheists are fundies. Atheists worship logic as a religion, when in fact it is at the basic level neither "superior" nor "inferior" to emotional "faith-based" reasoning methods.

Its ever so easy to avoid threads on religion. Really easy. There really are not all that many threads on religion making it to the front page. The best way to fight postings on religion is to not make them and ignore them. So easy and so effective.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Same old garbage OP, I dont know what boards you are treading as all I see a lot of is threads slamming christians. Moocowman is a perfect example of the type that trawls ats looking to slag off christians. To be honest I do not care about what you believe in and would not try to covert you from coke to pepsi and neither does the vast majority of the members on this site. I was raised a Catholic however after growing up and witnessing at first hand the hypocrasy of that institution I have not attended mass for ten years. I believe in a higher power however follow none of the religions on this green earth. I live a life treating others are fairly as I can and try to be a good person. Do I fit into your catagory of fudamentalist or moocowmans xtians ???

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
I believe in a higher power however follow none of the religions on this green earth. I live a life treating others are fairly as I can and try to be a good person. Do I fit into your catagory of fudamentalist or moocowmans xtians ???

no you dont fit into that catagory and as such i aint got no problem with your kind of personality

Its just the rabid dedication to something that is so obviously false to people with half a brain that really pisses me off.

The world wouldnt be half as bad or annoying if more religous folk thought like you, But they dont many of them adopt a holier than thou attitude like they have personally met god themselves or somethng.

I am an agnostic and being so im not foolish enough to think that i know how god works or in fact he exists because of some ancient outdated book.

if a supreme being exists then fair enough, But damn you religous folk make it so damn tedious no wonder church numbers are down

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Moocowman is a perfect example of the type that trawls ats looking to slag off christians.

No I don't I just happen to challenge their argument at every given opportunity, no different to the ones that try to make me live in their world at any given opportunity.

When salespeople don't stop knocking my door after I've continually told them I don't' want their product,I'll go to their house at 3 am and ask them to prove their case.

Do I fit into your catagory of fudamentalist or moocowmans xtians ???

What do you think ?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
In all honesty no amount of argument will change the mind of a religious person, or an atheist ....

If you find them offensive, that's what the ignore button is for.

People will believe what they choose to believe. That stands even in things like hard science where we have facts and math to back it up, how much worse the unprovable like faith? Trying to argue about it is a waste of time.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Huh? Protect ATS from what!?

I do my fair share of contribution on this site. Don't hate me because I love my Creator. Hate me because my threads are garbage!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Trouble is ATS is that they allow the argument to continue, even to the point that I have seen adverts for the Christian faith on the main headers.
I have no problem with any faith , I myself am a Pagan, well I try to take the best of all religeons and put them to good use, but religeon is never a good thing to advertise anywhere, as someone is ALWAYS going to be offended.

Sure have discussions about religeon, even your religeous beliefs but DO NOT force them onto others, sure use religeon quotes but DO NOT embolden them to make them stand out.

If people are interested they will ask you questions, answer them in a U2U, DO NOT fill up a thread full of religeous banter and cross talk.

Ats is a forum for discussion, and if they allow arguments to ensue about religeous aspects then maybe they should allow discussions about personal drug use as well as advertising legal 'leisure pharmaceuticals'as well as other non mainstream aspects of the human condition.

Obviously coc aine, heroin and such as banned substances you can put a stop to but you can surely use peoples experiences to disuade others from trying it?.
Religous ideaology is the same as a drug to some people, they believe it helps them, some believe otherwise, yet ATS and its mods ( who IMO have a hard time trying to keep up sometimes) allow it to go on, people have claimed to have religeous experiences and claim to have spoken to God in whatever form it takes, drug use should be treated the same, , failing that ATS should STOP all discussion about religeon as it causes more problems than it solves, and then ban all threads promoting WAR and combat as that too leads to arguments not discussions.

If ATS IS a paragon of virtue in the land of discussion and creative free thinking surely you'd think they'd allow ALL avenues of discussion no matter their content ?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This is too funny. And what are you doing by posting this. Spreading your FANATICAL view on atheism. Why do you have to cloud your perception of things with your atheist view?

One mans garbage is another mans treasure.

The problem is your have no respect just like Bill Mahr for anybody with a religious view.
By the way watch the Ben Stein movie "Expelled"..Your hero Dawkins admits to the posibility of creative design.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

So you're proposing the start of a fundamentalist atheist group which will attack people with religious beliefs endlessly in an effort to... stop them from posting scripture to define what they are taking about?

It's almost laughable if it wasn't so sad.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Thay have just as much of a right to their beliefs as the rest of us do to ours.

There is a little thing called the "IGNORE" button, and there is also a little trick where you just avoid all threads to do with religion....

Oh yeah, this other thing, called freedom of speach......

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I think the point being made here is that there are extreme views coming across from Fundies now on to ATS. And Extremes get it wrong, because they have no balance. And, we don't need to take on moderate and rational Christians, or Muslims or Pagans or whatever.....because you/they dont have rediculous views that are so far from your own religion you may as well give up practicing.

I here a lot of Christians moaning on this site about all sorts of things....evolution, faith, us non-believers.

Im an ex christian....I realised a while ago that you can not trust on the word of man. So whoever wrote the bible was a man, and whoever Mohameed was also a man....its like devine chinese whispers.

My rules are simple:

Do good , think good, speak good, don't judge.

The moment you have ad though, you are judging. Its the worst sin of all I think.

But as always. If you don't like reading something and dont like what it says. Dont read it.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Because atheists are always seeking the -real- truth.

Interesting that you call Christians out on a conspiracy and then decide to take part of your own conspiracy -- the conspiracy of atheists uniting.

After all, that's what conspiracy is all about. People getting together for a cause. Or more accurately, "Breathing together".

Religion, just like everything else, has many different facets and misguidances. However, Christianity, in its true form, has its purpose in realizing that God is The Creator and that He wants us to be saved from our arrogance and foolishness. If you have something against that, then you are against the very thing for which you fight.

A true atheist, in a nutshell, is someone who doesn't like the idea that someone knows their heart and mind. It's kind of ironic, because that means that the person realizes that they do bad things or think bad things. For that to be possible, the atheist must have a moral sense. Yet, atheists will say, "What is good" or "What is bad" or "What is right" or "What is wrong?" as if the grey area is the only area that exists. Well, anyone who is seeing a lot of grey area is pretty blind. If you can't see the lines, get some corrective lens.

The ultimate irony of atheism and the "pursuit of truth" which they claim is their goal is that anything that is not completely empirical must not be accepted as science or knowledge. However, these same atheists will claim that there is no God and He did not create the universe. Interesting, because last I checked there is no empirical way of ascertaining that information.

Enjoy your crusade -against- truth.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifENcircleS
Wow you are trying to create a group of people organized to fight against something...Oh wait that's exactly what religion is...A group of people organized to fight evil. Good luck with your new religion

What you are asking "call to arms" is no better than any of the other religions...

[edit on 12/1/2009 by LifENcircleS]

A religion is a group of people organized to fight evil? Since when? That sounds like a summary caption for the Superfriends. Also, the OP never called religious people evil. So, why are you making stuff up?

If you are going to classify every organization with a unified objective as a religion, I doubt there is a lobbyist organization in the United States that wouldn't fall under that description. Atheism is a lack of religion and the OP's post is simply to encourage joint action in the face of persecution.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
My point is that I do not see arguments like this going on, on ATS so I dont think your thread is merited. Moocowman if I where to put I dont hate muslims, I just hate what they do" as my sig. how long do you think it would be before I was banned or asked to remove it. Double standards my foe, double standards and the typical attitude I have come to expect from you.

I dont think these zealeot Christians are active in great numbers on this site and this is just an excuse to bash anyone who is not an athiest or a follower of other religions you are too scared to call out.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join