It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK nationals stopped by Iranian navy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I have to agree with you. Sailing from Bahrain to Dubai and ending up in Iranian territory? How does that happen? Just look at a map of the Persian Gulf and tell me how any competent sailor would end up that far off course. This story along with the other "innocent" hikers captured on the Iranian border tells me that something is up. I mean out of all the places I can think of in the world to going hiking I would think that area would be just about the last place I would go.

Good for you ProtoplasmicTraveler. Think out of the box and always question the official story.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I still can't figure out this spy stuff??

From what i understand, a sports commentator and 3 young sailors were headed out to a boat race. There was no wind so they used their propeller, then it failed....

They drifted 500 yards into Iranian waters and whislt waiting for a tug boat they got picked up by the Iranians....

But I thought the official story was that high winds blew them off course. So which is it. Was it high winds or no wind?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Thanks my friend, what you say is very true the official story lacks plausibility and invites question.

I won't fight for my Statist Masters simply because through the luck of the draw I was born on their farm! I refuse to be so tricked and manipulated to fight for G-d, Country and Government.

I think for myself and question things for myself and reach conclusions based on the actual facts as well as what is being said and what isn't being said.

What isn't being said is often as important.

I resent the way our Governments take advantage of the fact that people have so little knowledge in such simple things as geography that they could feel confident in making up such far fetched stories to evoke our emotional responses to accept such poor conclusions based on nationality and political affiliations.

It's pretty clear if we don't learn to start thinking for ourselves and learning independently on our own, our governments mean to kill us and fight us for profit and sport.

We need to put a stop to it and can just as soon as enough people realize there never is an advantage for the people in these insane wars.

All there is, is debt, heart ache, death, and destruction.

I want more for my life and my children than that, than this.

We will never achieve it falling victim to the manipulations of spies and government agents and the lies they weave and tell and attempt to sell.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

It will not change the fact, that these young men are not spies, until it is proven other wise.

You can sput your crap all you want. You are entitled to do so, as are we entitled to pull you up on it.

So let me get it straight terrorists are terrorists even when not convicted in a court of law, but spies are not spies unless they are?

Convenient the way the standards change when it comes to protecting and justifying one's own versus villifying and defaming some one else?

I suspect these men are spies, and I won't be looking to Number 10 Downing Street for confirmation on that thank you very much!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

And I will certainly not be looking to you with your pro iranian stance for any answers either. They are not spys, they are innocent kids, taken part in a race, which Dubia was holding.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

And I will certainly not be looking to you with your pro iranian stance for any answers either. They are not spys, they are innocent kids, taken part in a race, which Dubia was holding.

Not only are they spies they are really bad spies. Really bad spies and really bad yachtsmen!

In fact they are an embarassment to my fine English last name. Stiff upper lip, get the job done, lords of the sea?

Not this group. Perhaps if her Majesty hadn't taken away everyone's guns and right to hunt, these youngsters would be better at cat and mouse games.

But as long as the brutal English Police State likes bashing Peaceful Protesters at the Climate Camps at G-20 and Stone Henge I guess the Empires fortunes will just continue to crumble.

Oh they still dream of glory but as this case shows they just can't achieve it.

What an embarassment. I say bring back Sean Connery he's not that old!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You've made a laughing stock of yourself mate, let it go and move on,......you have an unhealthy obsession with spies.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

You've made a laughing stock of yourself mate, let it go and move on,......you have an unhealthy obsession with spies.

Really have I made a laughing stock of myself by pointing out how impossible it is to get so far off course in a state of the art sailing craft?

In fact I think I have shed a lot of very valid light on a lot of misconceptions that many people in the thread have not only given up on trying to promote, but other people have been complimentary for me taking the time and showing the courage to share in the face of a hostile warmongering group of people towing the official propaganda line!

I don't know why it upsets you so that these people are spies.

Is it because they got caught?

Is it because they are bad ones?

Is it because they didn't complete their mission?

Spies are part of warcraft and so is propaganda and England and the Western Governments are waging a propaganda war against Iran so it stands to reason they are spying on them too.

What we have here is motive, opportunity, and incredibly strong circumstantial evidence that points to these people being spies.

Any third rate TV Detective could put that together, just evidently not the brainwashed minions of the Zionist/Western Propaganda Machine.

Just remember friend he who laughs loudest laughs last!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

How far off course do you think they were?

Where do you think they were heading too and from?

Given that the details of the crew state that they all have a grounded background in yachting, why would you assume that they are spies?

What makes you so sure that the propeller was damaged by the ship sailing too close to the shore, why couldn't it have been subject to mechanical failure or been damaged by flotsam?

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about people that may live more privileged lives than you do, why is this?

And finally.........got any proof yet?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

They appear to be about 170 miles off of course if their destination was Dubais from Bahrain.

At 15 notts per hour average sailing speed they were likely making that would put them a solid 10+ hours going in the OPPOSITE direction.

If they were drifting as the story alleges it couldn't have been at 15 notts but more like 5 which would have had them 30 hours going in the OPPOSITE direction.

Yep real competent I wouldn't let those clowns walk my dog!

And I don't even have one!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Okay, I'm playing nice now, where do you think they were picked up?

I'm sure you'll answer my other questions in your own good time

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I disagree. I think there are some questions which are not clear. Irrespective of that it does not matter how these people went in Iranian territory, the fact is they were found on Iranian territory without legal documents and captured for it.

It's the same way when illegal immigrants try to sail to US/UK etc. and get caught. They are jailed and investigated according to the country's law.

Is it possible they were spies? - Yes
Is it possible they were not spies? - On the basis of the article it is highly unlikely.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Okay, I'm playing nice now, where do you think they were picked up?

I'm sure you'll answer my other questions in your own good time

You still keep forgetting that they HAD SAILS, IT'S A SAIL BOAT!

The reality is they were 150 miles off course and should not have been even if their propeller was damaged by going to close to the Iranian Coast running a spy mission.

Where do you think they were picked up Harrods? Number 10 Downing Street, Buckingham Palace?

Face it my friend, there is no plausible excuse for being 150 miles off course in a sail boat, with out there being a typhoon in the area, too bad the British Government can't invent one of those to put in this ulra-flimsy story.

They had GPS, they had a Radio, they had everything the needed to not end up where they ended up. They ended up there because they were spying and they got caught.

It's very simple.

We have been through all these things. Any one who has an open mind can see that the Official Story doesn't add up and many people have in fact said as much.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

I disagree. I think there are some questions which are not clear. Irrespective of that it does not matter how these people went in Iranian territory, the fact is they were found on Iranian territory without legal documents and captured for it.

It's the same way when illegal immigrants try to sail to US/UK etc. and get caught. They are jailed and investigated according to the country's law.

Is it possible they were spies? - Yes
Is it possible they were not spies? - On the basis of the article it is highly unlikely.

One thing is for sure it's truly amazing the dual standards people employ.

Had the roles been reversed in this case the six Iranians would be on their way to a Secret CIA Prison and probably never seen again and all of England would be thanking the Government for protecting them from the terrorist scourge.

Yet when it's six Englishmen caught 150 miles from where they were supposed to be with the flimisiest of excuses it's, oh why would anyone be suspicious they are just kids.

They have 14 year olds held at Gitmo so I guess adulthood comes at different times for different cultures?

First they were blown off course, then there was no wind and they drifted of course, then it was a bad propeller and it's a sail boat with sails.

Anything to cling to the lie, anything to expect dual standards to apply.

If it weren't so pathetic it would be funny. People who have no qualms about bombing innocent women and children blaming it all on untried, unconvicted terrorists, screaming up and down but our guys aren't spies unless proven guilty in a court of law, our guys can't be viewed with suspicion they are our guys, our guys would never do anything wrong, they are our guys.

It's really amazing, truly amazing, what the heck do people expect, when their governments make a national sport out of villifying regimes because they covet their resources and then want the red carpet rolled out for their spies too boot?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Quite right, except these guys most definitely weren't illegal immigrants, they were sportsmen preparing for a yacht race.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Quite right, except these guys most definitely weren't illegal immigrants, they were sportsmen preparing for a yacht race.

Kind of hard to prepare for a Yacht Race 150 miles away in Dubais when you are spying and being caught off the coast of Iran for doing it.

But hey why let reality in get in the way.

Next thing you will be saying they won the race!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

So when and if these guys are released without charge, you'll admit to being wrong?

because if they are charged with spying, and conclusive evidence is provided, then I'll admit to being wrong!

Somehow I can't see you budging, I think that even if the Iranians and the British concede that this was just a simple accident, that you will still claim to be right with your espionage scenario!

Am I right or am I wrong?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Kind of hard to prepare for a Yacht Race 150 miles away in Dubais when you are spying and being caught off the coast of Iran for doing it.

But hey why let reality in get in the way.

Next thing you will be saying they won the race!

where are the sources that say they were caught off the coast of Iran?

reports say they were 500 yards into Iranian waters.

Why should I believe you?.....you have no proof and are not a reputable source!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

You can believe they are in Iranian Custody right?

Enough said

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Argyll

You can believe they are in Iranian Custody right?

Enough said

Oh god, what's your next conspiracy!!!!

So when and if these guys are released without charge, you'll admit to being wrong?

because if they are charged with spying, and conclusive evidence is provided, then I'll admit to being wrong!

Somehow I can't see you budging, I think that even if the Iranians and the British concede that this was just a simple accident, that you will still claim to be right with your espionage scenario!

Am I right or am I wrong?

Going to answer this one?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join