It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK nationals stopped by Iranian navy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well your not that familiar with sailing.....in an earlier post you laughed at me and claimed that yachts of this type do not have propellers.

Do you actually have any evidence to back up your crazy espionage stories?......or are you just naturally argumentative?

The fact is that no I didn't or you would be quoting where I said that, I said that in YACHT RACES SHIPS USE SAILS NOT PROPELLERS.

No where did I say they did not have propellers.

Nice try.

At deflection!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

That's nice, you keep drinking the mainstream news media kool-aide and I will keep rejecting it.

Rule number 1 in clandestine operations...when there is a doubt, there is no doubt.

These men are spies!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by john124

Obviously you must be 90's class. But in any case, just so we get a grip on reality here. As we know and by know it should be blasting across the internet, there were instruments seized aboard the Yacht for tracking purposes other than sailing.

Is the picture beginning to clear itself up.

Part of the instruments were attached to the hull and the attachment devices are manufactured in Israel.

Wow what a surprise, and who would have thunk it, well besides the level headed critical minds not engaged in Zionist propaganda wars.

Looks like the Iranians have caught some British spies!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

"Yachts sail on SAILS hello! Not propellers"

Dress it up ant way you like ......you insinuated that I was wrong about the yacht having a propeller!

Now I'll ask you again......got any proof that these lads are spies?

you seem awfully sure of yourself.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Just keep changing the story John but the reality is you weren't there either, and you seem to have a lot poorer grasp when it comes to sailing.

I'm not telling stories, I'm giving an opinion with a logical basis, various facts and stating you have demonstrated very little knowledge of spy activity. I didn't say you lacked knowledge on sailing.

So please do keep in mind that simply making claims of what you imagine can't be verified doesn't mean it can't be verified.

Isn't that what you're doing?!

It doesn't make the official story any more true written by people as you point out who weren't there either

That isn't why the official story makes absolute sense, the multitude of reasons given prior makes this story the most likely.

The truth is that your arguments are all double edged swords that basically just demonstrate a high degree of bias and desperation in trying to promote a very flimsy and highly sucpicious story as being indicative of something that it clearly isn't.

This quite clearly demonstrates your black and white perception of love or hate Iran. Obviously for anyone who sees the world thru' more than their own vision-scope will understand why Iran won't harm these sailors, yet that doesn't mean they are nice to everyone all of the time either.

No matter how you try to shift the story or use it as a platform for bias and prejudice against a peaceful nation intelligent people will only see someone changing a story to use it as a platform for bias and prejudice against a peaceful nation.

Ummm, garbage-spouting again aren't you! I'm sure you would have then gone on to accuse me of stating that Iran isn't a peaceful nation (if I hadn't stated this now), because of your usual black and white approach to these issues.

All you are in essence doing is fooling yourself and other people who wish to be similiarly fooled.

Typical pointless response attempting to promote personal attacks.

The question I would be asking is why?

Because you have nothing better to do than be paranoid over ATS comments that entirely disagree with you.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I was talking about the map that was shown at the bottom of the page, which shows where they were captured and also the interview with one of the fathers.
You seem to be a very defensive person and would rather tell people how good you are than talk about the thread, if evidence comes to light that maybe one or more are linked to an agency then great, you have your conspiracy, but till then maybe a little bit more decorum is needed.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

"Yachts sail on SAILS hello! Not propellers"

Dress it up ant way you like ......you insinuated that I was wrong about the yacht having a propeller!

Now I'll ask you again......got any proof that these lads are spies?

you seem awfully sure of yourself.

Well now lets think do Sailing Ships sail on Sails...duh yes!

Do motor boats motor on propellors...duh yes!

Do Steam Ships steam on steam...duh yes!

Now in case you are confused enter a sail boat in a regatta and keep your sails down and use your motor instead and see how long it takes before a Marshall's boat pulls alongside you and disqualifies you.

It's not my fault you got suckered into defending a bunch of spies!

[edit on 1/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

there were instruments seized aboard the Yacht for tracking purposes other than sailing.

Any sources to back that claim?

I suppse an I-POD and laptop has nothing to do with sailing, but Iran will twist the story to match their pre-determined conclusion.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Damn your hard work!......if you understood the whole propeller/sail thing why did you pull me up on it then!

Any news yet on you proof these guys are spies?

No?.......thought not

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Sure lets make it all about me! Me, me, me, me! Yeahhh I love me!

That still won't change the fact that these people are spies. It still won't change the fact that the usual warmongering suspects showed up to the thread to warmonger!

There is no chance a state of the art sailing craft captained and crewed by competent people could have gotten that far off of course.

The warmongerers don't like me, what can I say, I am a peace mongerer!

We are polar opposites, which naturally attract.

ATS gives EVERY benefit of the doubt in PERMITTING the discussion of the CONSPIRACY ANGLE in all of it's threads because it's a CONSPIRACY SITE.

That's the nature of ATS and I am very much within those guidelines!

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

It's not my fault you got suckered into defending a bunch of spies!

Poor poor you, that people disagree with you.

Now remember, these are santa clauses helpers that got lost, not spies or sailors.

It's not my fault you can't see that they are santa claus helpers.... you should see it really.... but don't blame me, because you should know it's nearly christmas.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The men were detained six days ago when their racing yacht was intercepted by Iran's navy while on its way from Bahrain to an event in Dubai but the incident was kept secret as the Foreign Office sought to establish what had happened and tried to avoid raising the political temperature.

It is thought the yacht, the Kingdom of Bahrain, may have strayed inadvertently into Iranian waters, the Foreign Office said. The vessel was being delivered by the crew to the annual Dubai to Muscat race, which was due to begin the following day. All the Britons were said to be safe and well and their families have been informed.

The crew members have been named as Oliver Smith, 31, Oliver Young, 21, Sam Usher, Luke Porter, 21 and David Bloomer. David Miliband, the foreign secretary, said: "Officials immediately contacted the Iranian authorities in London and in Tehran on the evening of 25 November, both to seek clarification and to try to resolve the matter swiftly.

Link: www.guardian.co.uk...

The Duboats Yacht Racing Team, winner of the 2004, 2005 and 2006 Dubai-Muscat Offshore Sailing Races, is once again intent on striking a bold vision in this year's Dubai-Muscat Offshore Sailing Race which starts today (Friday).

Link: www.sail-world.com...

How clever of Britain to use an annual race as a secret spy mission.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Damn your hard work!......if you understood the whole propeller/sail thing why did you pull me up on it then!

Any news yet on you proof these guys are spies?

No?.......thought not

You seem to miss the fact that the point I was illustrating is that SAIL BOATS ARE NOT DEPENTANT on propellers, there primary mode of energy is wind and sails.

So a broken propeller would not account for a sail boat being that far off course.

It's very simply, what you tried to do was explain the position on the ship on a broken propeller, what I explained to you is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH that Sailboats use Sails as their primary power.

Now once again that's just common sense, and as I said several pages back I will need you to display your security credentials and intelligence agency membership card before I can furnish you with State Secrets!

MI6, MOSSAD, or CIA please? Top Secret Clearance attached. No imitations or substitutions accepted!

[edit on 1/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Wouldn't you be the warmonger in this case? You're saying they are spies from Britain -- obviously if true would be yet another provacative act by Britain to taunt Iran --

We are saying that they are yacht racers. Hardly the type of people capable of single-handedly starting war.

Wars are more often started by secret op missions and spy reports than they are by attending an annual boat race.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

"Now once again that's just common sense, and as I said several pages back I will need you to display your security credentials and intelligence agency membership card before I can furnish you with State Secrets!"

MI6, MOSSAD, or CIA please? Top Secret Clearance attached. No imitations or substitutions accepted!

So let me get this straight.......you have proof that these guys are spies......but unless I'm a spy as well, you can't tell me?

please tell me that you are joking, and that you simply don't have proof, that in fact your just an argumentative know all!

Because if you aren't joking, you need a little help mate you really do!

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Argyll]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Its one thing to discuss a conspiracy, with evidence to back up your claims. Its a another just to keep repeating yourself without proof.
I showed a map of the area where they were captured, which is in dispute and has been for a while. Do you also dispute this??

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I don't actually care where the British spies were allegedly captured.

Possession is 9/10th of the law and currently Iran possesses the spies and the spy craft!

That's what is truly important.

All this smoke and mirrors by a desperate British Government caught with it's pants down is just that, smoke and mirrors!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well, it seems that Iran's TRUE motive in detaining these Britons is finally beginning to surface.

Meanwhile, Iranian university students are planning a gathering Wednesday in front of the British Embassy in Tehran to protest the alleged encroachment in Iranian waters by British sailors, Fars News Agency reported.

The students also want British authorities to return a suspect allegedly wanted in the killing of Neda Agha-Soltan, a 26-year-old woman who became an icon after she was killed during the post election riots in Iran this summer, Fars reported.

Protesters believe the suspect is in the United Kingdom, the agency added.

Link: www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I don't actually care where the British spies were allegedly captured.

Possession is 9/10th of the law and currently Iran possesses the spies and the spy craft!

That's what is truly important.

All this smoke and mirrors by a desperate British Government caught with it's pants down is just that, smoke and mirrors!

That post just about sums your stance up.....your not bothered about the facts!, you've made a judgement and as far as your concerned nothing else matters.

Hell of a way to conduct yourself!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join