It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuming Mad Christian

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

WOW 1st double post for me!

Maybe someone/thing devine thinks I said something important...

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Christianity makes you FEEL GUILTY for using free will! according to the bible we were originally mindless robots under his direct control...nice god you have there?

Man was created so mindless and "free willless" that he was able to choose to disobey God and sin.

Christianity doesn't make you fee guilty for using free will. The Holy Spirit convicts us when we sin.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

No, it's not as simple as that. If you don't accept Christ, you choose to go to hell.
Can I choose neither?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

I think the best way for a Christian to help others is to just be a good example. If you're a nice person and treat people well, others are going to notice. If you're generous and caring and just there when people need you, that can be all the "witnessing" people need. There's nothing wrong with inviting people to church, but just leave it at that. The second someone starts getting all preachy and implying that I'm a sinner, there's no way in this world that I'm going to be convinced to go to your church. I don't mean "you" in particular... I'm just talking about people in general.

It doesn't matter even if were directing it at me friend. I'm not your typical "christian" who gets offended by anything and everything.

I think that God deserves the glory for what we do. It's to show that He is in our hearts so that we might not take credit for ourselves. If Christians aren't giving glory to God then they're proclaiming it for themselves by default. So, just being a nice person and treating people well is not at all testimony to the glory of God. It's a testimony to the glory of self.

I will never begin to get preachy with someone. I will not condemn them and call them sinners, for in their heart they know what they are.

I've been to hundreds of churches, from the smallest of the back woods, one room churches, to the biggest of the churches run by those tv evangelists and one thing I've noticed about them all is that they preach and preach and preach about everything that is wrong with the world. It's like they push you to look down on everybody. Why would anyone want to be a part of that? They preach about how bad everybody is what everyone is doing wrong and then wonder why you don't want to join their church. I'm not directing this at you, A2D... it's just a rant, lol.

But, my point is, if God is love, why are these churches preaching so much hate? We see enough of what's wrong with the world on tv and online, etc. We don't need to go to church to be reminded of it. Church is supposed to be uplifting and joyous... not a reminder of what's wrong with the world. End of rant, lol.

I completely agree, that's why I do not attend these churches. Rather, I attend fellowship with like minded individuals. However, to say that God is love is to limit Him. God is not just love, God is merciful, God is gracious, God is vengeful, and God is righteous, to name just a few. To think that He will not deny someone for denying Him is the epitomy of arrogance. "God is love, so He can't possibly forsake ME...HIS CREATION..." Yes, He can, and He will. God will not accept anyone that does not love Him. Why would He make Himself miserable in the presence of these that would deny Him?

I think that most people mean well when they invite people to church, but the second you make them feel as if you are better than they are (by implying that they're "drowning" or whatever and you're the high and mighty one there to save them) you've already turned them against you and Christianity in general.

I've never had a holier than thou attitude towards anyone. I only answer when asked. I simply come straight forward, no beating around the bush, with the solutions to problems, if I have them.... Whether you accept the solutions I present or not, is completely up to the individual. I will not force it. Not once will I imply that I'm the one to save them. I'm just a messenger.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by octotom

No, it's not as simple as that. If you don't accept Christ, you choose to go to hell.
Can I choose neither?

If you choose neither, you win the default prize.

link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Unfortunately, from the Christian perspective, you can't.

link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Odessy

Noah is Gilgamesh. Jesus is Horus from Egypt, and Dionyses from Rome...

You should do some searches on YouTube and other places about these issues. There are plenty of refutations about these ideas, especially those concerning Jesus.

Yeah, YouTube for matters concerning spirituality.

God help us!!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You're assuming that people aren't capable of making an intelligent video regarding spiritual things, and the aforementioned issue, and putting it on the web. Why is that?

[edit on 11/27/2009 by octotom]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ask any waiter at a restaurant open on Sundays and they'll tell you the rudest customers are the church crowd, and I live in the bible belt buckle.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

No this is BBC

I'm sure you heard of it, was your time over seas a pilgramig? sp?
Or salesman in training as the locals call it here.

I have no quarrels with the faith, just the pushing and non-stop debate and argueing about being so devine.
If it is, THE religion, let it happen, I can't believe that all the millions of ppl that are just un-knowing of your faith is going to hell, if it is so devine and true why must it be taught? Should it not come naturally?
Don't reply, to that I have heard 100's of answers, just stating my opinion.

And yes our nation was founded by christians, why?
Because in that time, if you chose not to follow christianity, you were punished, tortured, and/or killed in the name of _____.

Why make yourself out to be better than any other religion or person?

By selling/pushing it on other religions, such as the native americans, among the many....that could be mentioned....by doing that it is saying that they are wrong you are right, and/or better, for already knowing..

All I am getting at is it is and should be a personal thing/decision, not something that is followed because of being pushed by salesmen, TV evangelists, and the likes.

Yes, the Baptist Bible College. I'm not sure of their customs, however, I'm assuming they're probably similar to JW.

My time overseas was with the military. They were extremely friendly and I'm sure they meant it out of the goodness of their heart, but it didn't take away from making me feel awkward and somewhat forced into doing something I didn't feel was necessary. I didn't want to disrespect them.

I could not care less if our country was founded on Christianity or not. I only care about the health and comfort of my spirit.

Like I said earlier, I don't agree with the holier than thou attitude. I believe there are much better ways to go about it than force. Unfortunately, the way of the world is to use force.

I believe it is a personal thing but...one has to have a starting point. I do not dare to believe that many people wake up today and say to themselves, "I think I'm going to try to read a Bible today...just to see where it takes me...."

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
Ask any waiter at a restaurant open on Sundays and they'll tell you the rudest customers are the church crowd, and I live in the bible belt buckle.

It's a form of spiritual arrogance. They will drop big bucks in the collection plate but forget to tip some poor Mexican trying to make a living.
In Lubbock all the new employees were required to work on Sundays to pay their dues so to speak.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by whaaa

You're assuming that people aren't capable of making an intelligent video regarding spiritual things, and the aforementioned issue, and putting it on the web. Why is that?

Because Youtube is notorious for those with an agenda to put up any kind of garbage they think will get viewers. Very much like this thread on ATS.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You are free to believe what you want. I respect that.

I don't respect the weekly knocks on my door, pamplets left on my vehichle and mailed invitations to my address to come and attend their church services or I will burn in hell.

When I say no, I mean no. Quit preaching to my deaf ears and shoving your brand of religion down my throat.

Please exuse me now, as I have glossy pamphlets to print and distribute to the local elementary schools for my homosexual agenda.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by SeeingBlue

It's a form of spiritual arrogance. They will drop big bucks in the collection plate but forget to tip some poor Mexican trying to make a living.
In Lubbock all the new employees were required to work on Sundays to pay their dues so to speak.

To anyone who can answer, Why do you think this is true?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

The simple reason why christians want to push it on to others, is because christianity is the only religion based on the human heart.

All the pagan religions see humans as scum mainly.

Are you seriously that ignorant? Or are you just trying to troll people?

What complete nonsense.

Spend 30 seconds of your life looking at any other religion before telling me about them 'all'.

Double edited to correctly identify the quote.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ImplausibleDeniability]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Because Youtube is notorious for those with an agenda to put up any kind of garbage they think will get viewers. Very much like this thread on ATS.

While there are of course people with an agenda on YouTube (from both sides of the argument usually) there are those that don't. One's just gotta separate the wheat from the chaff.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability

edit to remove post..

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America. And God knows America does not need anymore problems. So please, just CHILL OUT !!

Fact: Majority of the founding Fathers were Deists, not Christians. Thomas Jefferson actually owned a copy of the Koran and donated it to the Library of Congress if I recall correctly. We're talking highly educated wealthy individuals in came in contact with a great many ideas from the age of enlightenment. If they wanted America to be Christian they wouldn't have protected religious rights in the Constitution.

Our national motto is a hollow one added during the Cold War to set ourselves apart from the "godless" communists. It was not an official motto until 1956. The United States has been and always will be a place of many different faiths and beliefs. So your claim that having a problem with Christianity is having a problem with America is absurd. There are dozens of countries with Christian ties deeper than this one. Israel is where Jesus lived. Italy is where the Romans took over Jesus's religion. Europe, Africa and the Middle East is where Christianity spread first. I really think you ought to do a little looking into things before you post stuff like this.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
UHHH your quoting the wrong cat man!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would NEVER say that!!!!!!!!

edit...you need to re-edit that!!!!

Sorry Doc! My eyes must be going. Corrected and corrected again.

Apologies!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability

TY boss

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join