It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this health care reform opposition by the GOP the pinnacle of hypocrisy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

has obama done anything to bring the jobs back? nope

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind

Originally posted by godfish

Originally posted by reasonable

The legislation is designed to extend coverage to roughly 31 million of the nearly 50 million Americans who lack it, crack down on insurance company practices that deny or dilute benefits and curtail the growth of spending on medical care nationally.

This is a bad thing? LOL riiiiight.

The GOP opposition is massive for this 10yr plan to help their fellow Americans and why? Because they will do whatever it takes to damage Obama, whatever it takes to get back power regardless of how many American lives they destroy in the process.

From what I gather the plan will be 950 billion or so over 10yrs. Funny how 10yrs of military spending could come in at over 12 trillion dollars and the GOP doesn't make a sound.. Slap Obama's name on something however and BOOYAA!! it's a fight to the death. I get the sense Americans are waking up to the games they are playing. They've nearly destroyed the country with 8yrs of Bush, now they need to step aside and shut the f! up so the rest of us can get out of this mess.

how about you shut the f! up.

You liberals think you have everything figured out when the fact is obama hasn't done NOTHING to create new jobs, We are all losing jobs left and right and all obama does is say "jobs are coming", so where are the jobs? Fact is obama cares more about getting the olympics in chicago then getting new jobs in america or to cut spending (something he said he was going to do). And now you having obama bowing like the little dog he to the japs and other countries. but yet you are going to sit there and tell us to "shut the f! up"?

See that anger? in the words? they will kill everyone.

All off topic also they just want to call names and misdirection. Anything that takes away from the point when you have no answer. Or anger baiting, they can not be made to see unless its through a scope to kill something.

so now you are saying that he has created jobs?

where are the jobs at?

See? still off topic and listening to the voices in their heads to "KILL KILL KILL me and Rush are right."

We will have health care in the country and people will finally get the message that the GOP is for red necks and angry losers. Free your mind of all that hate and anger? you can be better then all that. America should be on top not 37th and going down.

One question? have you ever given a dollar to someone that needed it? or did you just say "Shut the F--- UP and get a job!"

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by godfish

Originally posted by reasonable

The legislation is designed to extend coverage to roughly 31 million of the nearly 50 million Americans who lack it, crack down on insurance company practices that deny or dilute benefits and curtail the growth of spending on medical care nationally.

This is a bad thing? LOL riiiiight.

The GOP opposition is massive for this 10yr plan to help their fellow Americans and why? Because they will do whatever it takes to damage Obama, whatever it takes to get back power regardless of how many American lives they destroy in the process.

From what I gather the plan will be 950 billion or so over 10yrs. Funny how 10yrs of military spending could come in at over 12 trillion dollars and the GOP doesn't make a sound.. Slap Obama's name on something however and BOOYAA!! it's a fight to the death. I get the sense Americans are waking up to the games they are playing. They've nearly destroyed the country with 8yrs of Bush, now they need to step aside and shut the f! up so the rest of us can get out of this mess.

how about you shut the f! up.

You liberals think you have everything figured out when the fact is obama hasn't done NOTHING to create new jobs, We are all losing jobs left and right and all obama does is say "jobs are coming", so where are the jobs? Fact is obama cares more about getting the olympics in chicago then getting new jobs in america or to cut spending (something he said he was going to do). And now you having obama bowing like the little dog he to the japs and other countries. but yet you are going to sit there and tell us to "shut the f! up"?

See that anger? in the words? they will kill everyone.

All off topic also they just want to call names and misdirection. Anything that takes away from the point when you have no answer. Or anger baiting, they can not be made to see unless its through a scope to kill something.

so now you are saying that he has created jobs?

where are the jobs at?

Your Bush sent all my buddies jobs to India, so yeah i still stand by my statement that you hypocrites need to shut the f up.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Sorry to interrupt.

Is it possible that "health care reform" is desperately needed however the proposed legislation does very little in reforming anything?

Will anything in this Bill return our Medical industry back into a cure based system? Or will it only further propagate the current symptom suppression industry? If it is the latter we will continue to be the most obese, depressed, heart diseased, and cancer ridden Country in the world.

Now please carry on with your respective party's talking points...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

I absolutely agree it makes no sense in quibbling over healthcare if neither the current situation nor the proposed solution are any good. stop fighting and come up with a viable answer?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silent K
reply to post by harvib

I absolutely agree it makes no sense in quibbling over healthcare if neither the current situation nor the proposed solution are any good. stop fighting and come up with a viable answer?

Well it seems evident that the goal is to avoid anything viable -

In this case it was done by moaning and groaning for compromise.
Then upon achieving some compromise, groan some more until you create a monster
that is beyond compromise -

Has the effect of doing NOTHING - I suspect that was the goal all along.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This debate in the US over healthcare is hilarious from any other countries POV that has universal health care. If any government in these countries tried to turn our system into yours there would be hangings on the Parliament lawn. "From Our Cold Dead Hands". I'll gladly pay taxes into this system. It's pennies compared to what you in the US pay for Healthcare every year. And we don't get denied or a massive bill at the end that bankrupts us.

Is our system perfect? No!

Is it better than yours? F ya!

Your system is a joke and is about making money not your health. It's your 4th or 5th largest industry.

Quit spending all your money killing people in other countries and spend it on healing your own country. Maybe get your priorities in order.

But I fear the US "EGO" is too large and that pill might be a bit hard to swallow.

Peace I'm Out

Deez

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
This debate in the US over healthcare is hilarious from any other countries POV that has universal health care. If any government in these countries tried to turn our system into yours there would be hangings on the Parliament lawn. "From Our Cold

Quit spending all your money killing people in other countries and spend it on healing your own country. Maybe get your priorities in order.

What?

Why would we spend money of lazy people who are whining about being sick?

War is actually useful

Good bless America!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
This debate in the US over healthcare is hilarious from any other countries POV that has universal health care. If any government in these countries tried to turn our system into yours there would be hangings on the Parliament lawn. "From Our Cold

What?

Why would we spend money of lazy people who are whining about being sick?

War is actually useful

Good bless America!

Yeah! Those idiots should have never gotten sick! Not my problem! That little boy, the amputee who is now denied coverage of prosthetic limbs.. dumb little # should have not lost his leg. Sick of these people wanting handouts! Palin/Beck 2012!!

[edit on 23-11-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

You liberals think you have everything figured out when the fact is obama hasn't done NOTHING to create new jobs,

So you think Obama has done something to create jobs ?

I thought the private sector creates jobs ?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Are you just being sarcastic again? For your sake I hope so. There is so much wrong with your OP that you must be joking.

Though some form of Healthcare cost reform would be nice, what the Libs have in the pipeline is a trainwreck with a capital T. That is why the GOP is against it.

By the way the two wars didn't cost 12 trilion dollars and most of the Dems voted to approve the wars too, so its not just the GOP's fault.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

In this case it was done by moaning and groaning for compromise. Then upon achieving some compromise, groan some more until you create a monster that is beyond compromise -

It's all a dog a pony show. In the end the legislation will pass. Both you and your rival will feel like your respective party achieved a victory. It was the same formula used with the bailouts.

Side A presents legislation.
Side B rejects legislation identifying what they present as an unacceptable issue while in reality insignificant.
Side A and B appear to be at odds.
In the end side A compromises with side B and the legislation is passed. Although no significant change is made in the legislation the 35% that mindlessly support side A declare victory because the legislation passed and the 35% that mindlessly support side B declare victory because they forced compromise.

In the end the only victory is by the corporation. The American individual ends up working a little harder and longer for no real return.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by harvib]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The Healthcare debate is all about protecting the Powers That Be and the massive profits they're reaping on US citizens for healthcare via the "Health Insurance" industry.

Next to the banks, the insurance industry is the biggest scam going.
Insurance companies use actuaries who predict the statistical fallout of various groups of people. Statistical fallout are used to predict profits for the insurance industry I might add.

The people fighting for the profit driven insurance industry never have to worry about their healthcare, as senators/congressmen they are all set for life.

Remember GW's quote about poor people, that they're only poor because they're lazy.

But George aren't you rich ....by birthright ? How much wealth did you actually create vs inherit from your Dad and his connections ?

As far as the economy is concerned.

Wasn't it John McCain who had claimed using the Jedi mind trick that the economy was "Fundamentally Sound" during his campaign ?

This entire economy was planned as they historically have been and whoever won the 2008 election would have to accept responsibility in eating that turd of the economy.

That is exactly why Obama was anointed with the win.
I feel that he, like Clinton, are only puppets for the PTB and are only used to further their agenda.

Its Also why Robert Gates, Secretary of Defense was for the first time in the history of the United States of America to be asked to remain in that office by a newly elected President who is in actuality only a puppet/stooge for Daddy Bush to promote the continuation of the war effort.....which next to the healthcare industry is where the profits REALLY are.

As George Carlin had said, " it's an exclusive club and you ain't in it !"

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

When you actually count the plan over 10 years, starting at a point when revenue and benefits are working at the same time the plan is over 2 Trillion Dollars. Not to mention the fact that Defense is a traditional state action, providing healthcare is not a traditional state action.

The idea that this is going to "save lives and save money" is an opinion. People are not hypocrits for disagreeing with an opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join