It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hemorrhagic flu in US, says Polk County Coroner, deaths under-reported

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Originally posted by JJay55
So when are we going to start wearing masks in the US?

I have seen a few people wearing them in my town (but it's unusual, to say the least). I always wonder what "they" have rather than what they are trying to avoid getting... maybe I'm thinking backwards? Hmmm

N95 masks are available at Home Depot.

They are available for now. You ever been down south when a hurricane is coming? Good luck finding any if this gets nasty and the MSM starts pushing it.
Glad I bought boxes of them a long time ago. Plus we have gas masks, painters masks as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm glad I stopped smoking and got my lungs back to functioning normal. I'm able to run like I was in high school again. I'd hate to come down with this illness and have smokers lung. Folks, its time to start getting healthy. I agree with the hot pepper cure. I had a sore throat and sinus infection last week and ate a few hot peppers and my symptoms went away.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by OpenYourHead]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
this is called fear mongering and i hope the average american is smart enough to ignore it.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by invernal

Originally posted by ecoparity
reply to post by invernal

For me it's not even myself, I don't want anything to happen to my kids. Especially not this. That's what worries me.

Of course. I have the same concerns for my loved ones (though the hemorrhagic pneumonia idea hasn't truly sunken into my mind yet). We can only all do our best with whatever resources we have.

Not to pry, but I assume you have to be there to take care of the kids (if they are young, who I gather probably already got the vaccine?) so... you have a backup plan of care for yourself in case of infection, yes?

[edit on 22-11-2009 by invernal]

We all had the mild form of it back over the summer, I was hit the worst. None of us took the vaccine, I wasn't opposed to it but was waiting for this mutation to happen before acting, now it's just too late. The WHO and news media did a great job of postponing the news, they still have people unsure and wondering even now.

We started preparing back in April. We have meds and these special masks called "nano masks" that actually do stop the virus from penetrating.

We have a remote place set up and we're getting ready to head out. The last grocery trip is underway as I type this. We plan to isolate for three weeks but we have supplies for a year. We're just hoping none of us are already infected.

I have all the medical equipment and supplies, a couple of relatives will be meeting us there who are both qualified as surgeons - not much more we can do at this point.

We think the CDC will make some sort of announcement within a week and they'll probably use the squalene to double the next batch of vaccines. If they do announce some sort of vaccine drive or rapid vaccination program it will be mainly to keep people calm.

We're hoping the prior infections and millions already vaccinated will slow down or even stop the spread. No one can say for sure which way things will go, all we can do is make the decision to go ahead and put plans in motion or not.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hey guys, let me start by saying that I hope everyone stays safe ! My two youngest kids (ages 5 & 13) have already had the h1n1 about a month or so ago. I hope we all have antibodies in our system against it now and it doesn't come around again
Has anyone heard of someone getting it twice ?

I am going to attach a couple of articles that you might find interesting. It is from the local paper in our state capital. They are normaly pretty reputable
and a couple of others.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by spacecase7717]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Are you saying that you're bugging out, leaving work for 3 weeks along with other family members? that's interesting what made you make up your mind? I always wonder what it will take to make me leave that's why i'm asking about your reasoning.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Maybe we should gather all our politicians and put them in jail after all they are shoving and untested vaccine on the very young and unborn because they all cater to big pharma, rather than looking for the root of what is going on with the Ukraine outbreak.

No vaccine is going to stop a hemorrhagic pneumonic plague if is a mutation.

Quite a bunch of politicians should be in jail. Few care about anything other than feathering their own nests and pork(barrel)ing, so it's no wonder the big threats have been avian and swine influenza.

If the disease in the Ukraine is a mutation, then it's a mutation of the swine flu virus, H1N1.
Mutated H1N1 is still H1N1, a swine flu virus.
Pneumonic plague is a bacterial disease. A virus cannot mutate into a bacteria.

But you are certainly right that, if it was pneumonic plague, immunisation against influenza would not help.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717
Hey guys, let me start by saying that I hope everyone stays safe ! My two youngest kids (ages 5 & 13) have already had the h1n1 about a month or so ago. I hope we all have antibodies in our system against it now and it doesn't come around again

I am going to attach a couple of articles that you might find interesting. It is from the local paper in our state capital. They are normaly pretty reputable
and a couple of others.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by spacecase7717]

Me and all of my people have been getting sick every month for three months-
different everytime - very fishy

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

We all had the mild form of it back over the summer, I was hit the worst. None of us took the vaccine, I wasn't opposed to it but was waiting for this mutation to happen before acting, now it's just too late. The WHO and news media did a great job of postponing the news, they still have people unsure and wondering even now.

We started preparing back in April. We have meds and these special masks called "nano masks" that actually do stop the virus from penetrating.

We have a remote place set up and we're getting ready to head out. The last grocery trip is underway as I type this. We plan to isolate for three weeks but we have supplies for a year. We're just hoping none of us are already infected.

those N95 masks are not fool proof, they are better in protecting the healthy people if someone infected wears them than the other way around. i have a box of those for my home projects but i won't rely on them

i'd like to think i'm an optimist and quite good at keeping a cool head in bad situations. flu is flu and in some people it will be bad - even as bad to cause pneumonia and death. but most will live to tell the story just like it happened in 1918 or even during the plagues of the dark ages.

my prediction is that within the next 2-3 weeks we'll see another spike - due to people traveling (or waiting for delayed/cancelled flights) for thanksgiving and sitting outside in the cold waiting for the door busters, then crowding together to get the deals. soon after we'll get another spike due to xmas and new year's travel which will compound with the thanksgiving spike. after that we'll pretty much be in the clear for the season.

don't get your hopes up, there's no end of the civilization in sight

it's funny that some people still think this is man-made or intentional. so did the vaccines cause it or are the vaccines going to slow it down and save the ones who didn't get vaccinated?

just stay home when you're sick and don't get others infected and we'll be alright!

[edit on 22-11-2009 by DarkSecret]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
We are lucky here in Australia we got through winter with i think 80 odd H1N1 deaths and i suggest the virus has probably mutated a bit more since it is 10 days from summer here look out next winter will tell us more but i do know for a fact our Government bought 21 million virals of the vaccine just in case i for one haven't been vaccinated but after reading about the Ukraine and now the US i think i will get vaccinated before next winter thats if the vaccine still works because this virus is obviously mutating quickly.
If there are any Aussies out there with the exact number of deaths here in Australia please feel free to update im just guessing!

[edit on 22-11-2009 by KeeperOfGenisis]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Now this is going to be a stretch , but for a minute if you will , go on this trip with me. Ok Swine Flu

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

... None of us took the vaccine, I wasn't opposed to it but was waiting for this mutation to happen before acting, now it's just too late. ...

We have a remote place set up and we're getting ready to head out. ... We plan to isolate for three weeks but we have supplies for a year. We're just hoping none of us are already infected.

I have all the medical equipment and supplies, a couple of relatives will be meeting us there who are both qualified as surgeons - not much more we can do at this point. ...

Oh, for some reason, I had thought you didn't qualify to get the vaccine.

Anyway, your plan sounds awesome! I'd feel a lot more secure if only my own plan were so good.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
How is this related to the supposed Ukraine/Poland outbreak at all? Where is the proof, if any? Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I did read about that they were dead in a short amount of time and their lungs had turned black. Do lungs turn black after hemorrhaging?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

I would think the lungs could be black due to the amount of old coagulated blood in them. I'm just speculating. I had a friend that passed from cancer. He was vomiting Black blood and had the same in his stool before he died. That's why it came to mind for me.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717

My cousin seemed to have a reappearance of H1N1 symptoms at least once during her 6-month ordeal. I remember how adamant she was when I asked her about it, me being incredulous that she got it more than once. One ER doctor told her the virus was mutating inside her body, that that's what it does. So one of the "re-infections" may have been a soon appearance of a mutation. She wasn't the only one in her household who got sick more than once in a short time period, either. I should add that she was also a smoker at that time (I think she quit).

[edit on 22-11-2009 by invernal]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Has anyone given thought to the fact that Iowa was about the first state to have come up with a FACILITY QUARANTINE ORDER?
www.godlikeproductions.com...

I have Iowas' and Floridas' official form. It looks to me like it was planned well in advance; and pretty openly.. I have heard more about it from those states than any other since. Hmm; you don't smell it?

And the people sit and wait for death to their children and themselves; cause they're too dumbed down to do anything.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
Now what I'm wondering is How hard would it be to combine these two bugs and what would it look like if it were possible. Maybe you'd get some kind of
hemorrhagic Lung flu?

You can't do that, I read it on a forum (possibly a Rhizalabs forum but I've got to go to sleep in a minute and can't do lots of checking). That's because they are too different. Different strains can combine within the same disease, but according to this explanation I read (they put it on a sticky thread) you can't just combine totally different diseases like that. It might have something to do with a virus and a bacteria, but I forget now. It did say Ebola and flu can't mix.

Maybe someone has the link. Maybe I can find it later. This is all making my head hurt.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

The CDC will reclassify deaths as "pneumonia" who actually started off with swine flu so they can downplay it and prevent a vaccine panic. They've done this since day one and they're still doing it.

The people who survive are being left with permanent health problems - respiratory, cardiac and neurological.

There is no plague or super pneumonia going around. These people are dying of swine flu or the after effects of swine flu.

How do we know this vaccine isn't causing some of these permanent health problems,such as respiratory,cardiac and neurological?

The choice to take the vaccine is a personal one,and calling people murderers-or manslaughter- because they have serious questions about the testing or safety of the vaccine is shameful.

---

I had a vaccine back in 76..so hopefully I'm ok..

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'll reply to everyone in one post if you don't mind...

I retired this past year so no work to take off from.

These are not N-95 masks, they filter quite a bit smaller than that. The only thing better is a chemical / bio warfare type mask (gas mask). These are still pretty thin but they are used in bio labs now. I'll take a photo of one and post it later.

My wife and I are too old to get the shots but our kids weren't. They didn't even get the vaccines in the CVS or Walgreens here. That's really amazing that they are rationed here but not elsewhere in the US. I don't even know what to think about that. My wife and I went back and forth about vaccinating the kids for quite a while. Our youngest started getting fevers for weeks after her shots, worse and worse with each one so we really didn't want to do it unless we had to.

The way these things spread, most of the people who are going to get it in this wave either already have it or are close to someone who does. Taking the vaccine now gives a very minor chance of protection compared to isolation.

It's the holiday's, turkey day is coming so we just planned this as a family vacation and included our out of town relations. Not all of our extended family will be coming along, unfortunately.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join