It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killed in the Name of Christ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Okay, I have to scream and shout.

Anyone who says that someone was killed in the name of Christ is a blasphemer.

Jesus Christ is nothing like any church on earth, including the so-called Christian church which abuses His name.

End of rant.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

i never said that the believers killing anyone was good, nice strawman. You can't really paint the believer side to be this horrible murdering group of people while not holding the non believer side to the same standard.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by zaiger

And what side is Good and what side is Evil??? Can you tell the difference???

Shouldn't you be able too?

So non believers killing mass amounts of humans = bad

But

Believers killing mass amounts of humans = good?

Both sides have two main things in common, they both kill and they both have justification for killing, in there own minds anyway.

Most of my questions are in the form of threads here on ATS.

edit to add
Speaking of the holy trinity A contradiction in the bible

[edit on 18-11-2009 by LDragonFire]

It's not man's place to judge good and evil, but God's. Only direct instructions from God to kill the sinners would've been taken and carried out, unless a man sinfully misinterpreted or bent God's instruction for his own purposes. During the OT times, the High Priest directly communed with God and got definitive yes and no answers with the Urim, Thurim, and breastplate.

As to questions about God's will for us today, only after the instruction has been tested, as there are Biblical procedures for affirming what one belives God wants done, is the instruction carried out. So far, though, I don't think God has told anybody to commit genocide against unholy, unrepentant people who will never accept Him (and God knows whether or not they accept Jesus in the end, as a result of being outside time). It's because of Jesus' coming, God wants to give man who has a truly free will, all the time He can to allow for them to understand and come to faith and repentence in the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise Him for His blood sacrifice that rendered animal sacrifice unnecessary! God has to have blood for sin, but Jesus' sinless blood eternally covered it all for those who put faith into Him.

That said, while we may recognize Good and Evil, we don't define it. While some men may try to define or redefine good and evil according to their own thinking, it isn't true so long as it goes against God's definitions.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by joesomebody]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I am pretty sure I directed that towards spellbound but it's okay that you answered too.

It's clear from that thread that the holy trinity was, from my understanding, explained fairly accurately to you and yet you still label my God as a contradictory hypocrit.

I don't know what it is but lately I've been feeling much more empathetic towards nonbelievers. I hope beyond hope that you will at least try with an earnest heart and mind to understand. It doesn't matter how open minded one thinks one is, when they approach understanding with preconceived notions they are not being open at all.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

I am pretty sure I directed that towards spellbound but it's okay that you answered too.

It's clear from that thread that the holy trinity was, from my understanding, explained fairly accurately to you and yet you still label my God as a contradictory hypocrit.

I don't know what it is but lately I've been feeling much more empathetic towards nonbelievers. I hope beyond hope that you will at least try with an earnest heart and mind to understand. It doesn't matter how open minded one thinks one is, when they approach understanding with preconceived notions they are not being open at all.

Sorry, I jumped into this thread late in the game...

I agree, I feel empathy for them. Though fictional, I watched 2012 and was nearly brought to tears by all the deaths in the movie, thinking to myself "What percentage of these actually had faith in the Lord?"

It's ignorance that we're battling, as well as walls set up by the enemy to entertain and ensnare the current unbelivers in order to prevent them from ever realizing the truth before they depart from this plane.

To all nonbelivers: I am not trying to browbeat or bible-bash you. I forgive you for any sins or offences against me, just as the Lord will if you put eternal faith in His Sacrifice, should you realize your own sins and mistakes. I love you like brothers/sisters and don't want to see you go to a place that was never meant for man to end up in the first place. God loves us all, but cannot have sin in His kingdom.

Darkness is a lack of light, just as sin is a lack of righteousness. Jesus provides final total and utter righteousness, because all flesh outside of Jesus' is totally corrupt, and therefore you'd be doomed even if you didn't commit any accountable sins. Sin #1 is being human, unless you're Jesus.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Hey there,

Thank you for that. As for the holy trinity, I am as confused as anyone else - I mean, what is the holy ghost?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

One way to partially visualize this concept is to examine the nature of water...it's a single compound that can exist in three states – liquid, ice and vapor.

The Holy Spirit serves as an everpresent part of the 1 in 3, 3 in 1 Godhead here to send our prayers to the Father, as well as provide knowledge, discernment, the gifts and fruits of the Spirit, and also serves a part in the salvation process, as communication to and from God is impossible without the Spirit.

It's well explained here: www.allaboutgod.com...

It goes a lot deeper, and while I could elaborate, much of it may confuse people, and some of it can't really be explained in words, but more thougts or feelings I can't translate into words.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well if you know me at all you know that I like to interpret things for myself and usually do quite well for myself.

When I think of the Holy Ghost, I think of the side of God that we can experience right now. It's the love, the forgiveness, the sense of conviction and all that. I think we get a glimpse of God's ultimate love and sacrifice for us through what is called the Holy Ghost.

I only asked your opinion first because I didn't want to influence you at all.

I know a lot of nonbelievers, such as LD here, that don't understand the Holy Trinity and I've been trying to find the right words lately. It's hard to explain that the holy trinity isn't "3 gods" and that it's just the Infinite One. What's even more difficult is trying to explain how the "holy trinity" is a necessity/prerequisite of free will, faith, and salvation.

edit to add: necessity/prerequisite

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
Don't forget that Christians suppressed the sciences, remember what they did to Galileo?

I like it when modern Christians try to dissociate themselves from Catholicism...it is entertaining. I do not care what denomination you are, track the history of your religion and your sub-genre of the Christian faith probably came from the Holy Roman Empire at some point in time. That would include everything that you believe about Christianity....

Religion is the biggest waste of time for society.

apart from the thread being another ridiculous attack on God, this would have to rate as one of the MOST stupid statements I ever read.

Big business and corporations, governments never suppressed the sciences, or anything else for that matter!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Absolute rubbish thread and post.
Maybe we should start an atheist hate thread every 2nd day.....?!?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

No need to add fuel to the atheist fire. All we can do is share with them and show them compassion. It is upsetting that even with all my efforts to demonstrate compassion and understanding I'm still cast out and ridiculed. It's difficult to accept but probably not as difficult as giving my life for them and still watching them deny, deny, deny.

I can't force them to accept anything but I cannot give up on them either. Looks like I got my work cut out for me.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Why are you cast out and ridiculed?

You are someone I enjoy talking to.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Cast out and ridiculed by nonbelievers and self-proclaimed believers in particular. I have a hard time finding other people with a firm base and knowledge of the Father anywhere other than online. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the online community, I'm left having to dig through the rubbish of nonbelievers and self-proclaimed believers alike to find those that truly relate and understand.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Well, that is so crap - surely you can find a like-minded soul?

Are you very young?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Relatively young, yes. 20s.

I don't know if it's just the region that I live in or something else altogether, but real followers of Christ are few and far between. While I do appreciate their good intentions, I cannot and will not subject myself to their commitment of blindness. They are mainly individuals that can't see past the church. They listen to man for the word of their God. It's depressing. These are the same individuals that will blindly refute anything contrary to what they've been taught. I love them and wish them the best of luck but I cannot and will not associate with them until they see with clear eyes and hear with open ears.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

OK, I wish you all the best, in the name of Jesus - you will find a like-minded person.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I think it's like that old joke about the man on the roof and the boat, and helicopter and all that. Perhaps I already have my like-minded individual through the online community.
I know there are several here on ATS that I see eye to eye with.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I count you as a friend, but you need to get a real life girlfriend.

This is quite important.

Don't rely on your computer.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I'm not too worried about it. I'm very happy with my life and what I have been given. If I needed a girlfriend I'm sure I'd have one, or atleast it'd bother me more. What really bothers me is that there aren't more people following the teachings of Christ instead of the words of man.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Oh yes,

You are so on to it for one so young.

If the world followed Jesus there would be no war, no starvation and no suffering.

How easy is that? Not, apparently, because money rules and greed rules - Satan rules.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
AgreeToDisagree,

I am on the same side as you! We can't help but share the good news we have heard! (Your posts have been excellent!)

Your friend in Christ,OnTheEdge

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join