It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Jobs 'Saved or Created' in Congressional Districts That Don't Exist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The stimulus passed by the democrats in congress and signed into law by obama is a sham, and they are either not trying very hard to cover it up, or the obama administration is too stupid to cover it up well.

In this article, they are claiming "jobs saved or created" in congressional districts that don't exist.

article

Here's a stimulus success story: In Arizona's 15th congressional district, 30 jobs have been saved or created with just $761,420 in federal stimulus spending. At least that's what the Web site set up by the Obama administration to track the $787 billion stimulus says.

There's one problem, though: There is no 15th congressional district in Arizona; the state has only eight districts.

And ABC News has found many more entries for projects like this in places that are incorrectly identified.

Late Monday, officials with the Recovery Board created to track the stimulus spending, said the mistakes in crediting nonexistent congressional districts were caused by human error.

"We report what the recipients submit to us," said Ed Pound, Communications Director for the Board.

Yeah, it's always someone else's fault.

What ever happened to checking the "facts" before posting them?

Or maybe the obama administration didn't bother to check the "facts" because they knew they were false when they posted them.

[edit on 11/17/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thank goodness it was ABC News that ran the story otherwise had Fox ran it people would dismiss it out of hand.

Funny thing about conditioning: when Fox rings the bell on a story, there are many that begin frothing.

I can only hope that change learned is that people will quit voting for a person "because he is not...the other person that they dislike." or whatever mistaken reasons for voting without examining the candidate.

Yeah, I know...just another pipe dream.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Good point about it being "not FoxNews".

And strange because many people have been accusing ABC of standing for "Another Barack Channel" due the way they have bent over for obama in the past.

Hopefully, this will make other people take notice without automatically dismissing the news.

Also , hope it means the kool-aid is (finally) wearing off at ABC.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight...the supposed recipient of a $761,420 in federal stimulus created or saved just 30 jobs (at an avg of $25,500 salary). So for a federal stimulus of $787 billion, this should equate to 31,480,000 jobs at the same average. That's equivalent to either adding or saving 20% of the jobs in the United States.

Yet the William's SGS-Alternate Unemployment Measure rose to a jaw-dropping 20.6% during the same period.

It doesn't take a Math Genius to figure out that something is rotten in Denmark.

However, pointing fingers at the Executive Branch for this isn't quite fair. This is a Congressional Bill, and oversight falls upon the GAO, not on the Executive Branch. Bringing Partisan Politics into this only contributes further to the problem and distracts from a solution.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Re-read the very first paragraph of the quoted article:

Here's a stimulus success story: In Arizona's 15th congressional district, 30 jobs have been saved or created with just $761,420 in federal stimulus spending. At least that's what the Web site set up by the Obama administration to track the $787 billion stimulus says.

My bolding and underlining.

The obama administration is attempting to take credit for this false information, so they also need to take the blame when it is shown to be false.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I did try to make it somewhat politically neutral. Well somewhat anyways. And tried...that is a key point of effort.

But I think there is much more to the story than just the story itself. The obvious of lying to make themselves look better. But also the question of where and on what did this money disappear? And how many other similar number discrepancies are out there to become discovered (or not)?

Are we talking black budget projects or pocket lining that is going on here? Answering that question could have stronger implications for Obama than a verified signed BC (along with 8mm film) from a birth in Kenya with the Ayatollah as the birthing coach.

While graft and corruption are nothing new, outright and provable theft cannot so easily be swept under the rug.

But, I predict a patsy will be forthcoming before too long so the money train does not become derailed.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
The obama administration is attempting to take credit for this false information, so they also need to take the blame when it is shown to be false.

Fair enough. If they are going to toot their own horn and take partial credit, then they deserve part of the blame. I agree.

Actually I did some more digging and found the following:

Recovery.gov is the project of the The Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board which was created by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 with two goals:

* Prevent and detect waste, fraud, and abuse.
* Provide transparent reporting of Recovery-related funds as they are distributed and used.

Their Mission Statement states:

To promote accountability by coordinating and conducting oversight of Recovery funds to prevent fraud, waste, and abuse and to foster transparency on Recovery spending by providing the public with accurate, user-friendly information.

Earl E. Devaney was appointed by President Obama to serve as chairman of the Recovery Board. Twelve Inspectors General from various federal agencies serve with Chairman Devaney on the Recovery Board.

The other 12 Members of the Recovery Board are as follows:

Hon. Richard L. Skinner - Department of Homeland Security Inspector General (DHS)
Hon. Phyllis K. Fong - Inspector General Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Hon. Todd. J. Zinser - Inspector General Department of Commerce (DoC)
Hon. Gordon S. Heddell - Inspector General Department of Defense (DoD)
Hon. Gregory H. Friedman - Inspector General Department of Energy (DoE)
Hon. J. Russell George - Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration
Hon. Daniel Levinson - Inspector General Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
Hon. Glenn A. Fine - Inspector General Department of Justice (DoJ)
Hon. Calvin L. Scovel III - Inspector General Department of Transportation (DoT)
Hon. Eric M. Thorson - Inspector General Department of Treasury
Mary Mitchelson - Acting Inspector General Department of Education (DoE)
Mary L. Kendall - Acting Inspector General Department of the Interior

These are Inspector Generals representing each of the major Departments of our Federal Government. The very nature of their positions in each of the Federal Departments they are assigned is to root out corruption, waste, fraud, and abuse. Their position on the Recovery Board is to root out corruption, waste, fraud, and abuse.

Yet it is still going on beneath their noses, in their very own home (website)!

If those who are put into positions of oversight to root out corruption, waste, fraud, and abuse are just as corrupt as those they are supposed to oversee, then who can we count on to do such?

However, one thing that hasn't been said yet which needs to be said...Transparency of Government, which the Recovery Board was but the poster-child for, does indeed work and is a very good idea. Without the Transparency of Government that the Recovery Board adheres to, it is unlikely that this story would have ever seen the light of day. If those who are appointed fail at their appointed mission to root out corruption, waste, fraud and abuse, then Transparency of Government allows any citizen the ability to do the same and be a diligent watchdog when our Government officials fail.

So, the 13 members of the Recovery Board = Fail.
Transparency of Government = Win.

Now, perhaps it is time to conduct our own Audit of the disbursement of funds marked by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Sad commentary that a thread that exposes actual (as opposed to speculated) corruption goes unnoticed here.

Kinda like when a newspaper runs a one line retraction of a major story, buried in small print on the back of page 7.

When this is all said and done and I reach in my pocket in 2013 I am going to hope I still have some change. I hate being robbed completely blind.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm going to give this thread another bump for the same reason.

I hate it when threads that actually expose *REAL* conspiracies go overlooked on ATS...when the most popular threads of the day all happen to deal with whether Obama bowed low enough or not. Where's the denial of ignorance in that?

The American people were quite possibly fleeced here...and fleeced to the tune of $787 billion dollars.

Granted, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the trillions of dollars we were fleeced to bail out the Financial Sector who was directly responsible for our economic crisis. However, that still a lot more money than any category expenditure on the U.S. Budget that has gone unaccounted for!

The article posted in the OP is only the rabbit hole. Who knows how deep the rabbit hole really goes?

As it stands now, we have confirmation that numerous "facts" of stimulus spending and it's benefits have been fabricated. This is not just one or two isolated instances, but numerous instances, enough to draw serious doubts as to the veracity of all the other claims as well, and enough to warrant a federal audit.

This thread should be getting a lot of heated debate from those on ATS, IMHO. After all, it's not every day that we get such direct and immediate proof of governmental fraud to substantiate our suspicions of widespread government corruption.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
At the same time that this story was breaking, I was watching the History Channel, and a documentary about the Gestapo. They were describing how the Gestapo controlled the news, by producing phony documentary films, all staged, of course, of "patriotic citizens" helping the Gestapo arrest "terrorists" and "criminals".
Controlling the press is the way that Obama and his henchmen have been able to hoodwink a good percentage of the people, certainly the 53% that voted for him.
Perhaps some in the press, other than FOXNews which has been on to him from the start, are beginning to realize that the King has no clothing. Let's hope so,
Certainly, some of the countries of the world, are beginning to see that he is all talk, and no action. Today, Germany blasted him for his "empty talk" about climate change. (In this case, actually a good thing.:lol

He can't seem to make a decision regarding Afghanistan. He is in way over his head, and the world and the nation is beginning to realize that.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I can't believe this BS
I was just about to post this
I need to visit this section more often

this is disgusting
pure and utter trash!!!!

So repulsive

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I can't believe this BS
I was just about to post this
I need to visit this section more often

this is disgusting
pure and utter trash!!!!

So repulsive

Yes, a very accurate and surprising assessment of the obama administration's actions on this issue.

It's the deliberate falsification of data by any and all administrations that leads all of us to not trust our government on any thing.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

It's the deliberate falsification of data by any and all administrations that leads all of us to not trust our government on any thing.

It's really not so bad. the ONLY time politicians lie is when they open their mouths.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Gee, thats funny, nobody paid attention when I posted this over 7 hours ago, guess I didn't have the right tag line or something...

freetree64

Member is on ATS now.

posted on 18-11-2009 @ 12:09 PM single this post edit"quote"REPLY TO:

DIGG ATS

for original
content
more infoIf they lied about the stimulus job

If they lied about the stimulus job

Uncovering Obama's Stimulus Sham
November 18, 2009 10:15 AM ET | Peter Roff | Permanent Link | Print
By Peter Roff, Thomas Jefferson Street blog

There were few economists who really believed, despite the promises that the money would go to shovel ready projects that could begin immediately once the funding came through, that the stimulus would really create any net jobs. But something needed to be done, they said, especially in light of the Obama administration forecast that, without it, unemployment would rise about 9 percent for the first time in several decades.

Well, in what

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It is funny and truly sad at the same time.

We were told there would be change. We were told there would be transparency. We were told we would have troops removed quickly from Iraq and the Gitmo would be closed down quickly as well. There were sure a lot of promises made. Anyone can make promises.

With such a high number of Dems in control you would think something would have been done by now.

What I see is more of the same of what we already had. No transparency, nothing being closed, no troops leaving, and certainly no change. Also it looks like now there are no jobs as well. Great job of doing nothing government, if they had left things alone economy wise starting with Bush things would have turned around on their own. One business would have taken the place of the fallen as it has always been, but no let’s bail out places that could not run right and will fail again.

I am not a supporter of either Dem or Rep. I voted for neither Obama nor McCain. I felt both were neither worthy nor able to do the job.

I am also not a big SNL fan but I did happen to catch their bit on e Obama doing nothing and found it rather funny and true, too bad the guy looked nothing like Obama though.

Raist

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Gee, thats funny, nobody paid attention when I posted this over 7 hours ago, guess I didn't have the right tag line or something...

This thread was posted on November 17th, so people probably ignored your later posting because of that.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Understood, and my bad, I was merely refering to the replies I received refuting this subject. i stand corrected, and in the future will pay more attention to the date of post. Thank you

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

No need to apologize. I just didn't want you to feel that people were ignoring your thread. Even so, you are right, in that this thread should have had much more interest. I guess maybe most of the members live in those non-existent districts.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Quite right my friend, roger that
and probably hold down some of those non existent jobs too...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
S&F.
This is the very thing that the transparency was supposed to show, I truly wonder what the reaction will be though. Will this disappear into the cyberspace of nothingness, or will someone be held accountable, things like this is what will really show whether things will change or remain the same.

As corruption appears to be widespread and rampant throughout all divisions within our governments, it cannot be stomped out overnight. However Obama and his team have once again been given an opportunity to shine or show their true colors. What are they going to do?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join