It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bets on 2012

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
reply to post by xelamental

I predict that a President will be elected in the United States after November 6th 2012. Still want to take my bet?

If you'd read the rest of the thread you'd know I'll take your bet - but under my terms, since I want time to enjoy my $. To catch up to speed, start here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Az4zeelium
Okay this my first time posting on this site, i think that by 2012 not much or dramatic will happen just like y2k. its simply a hoax to earn cash. plus i think that if you calculate . the world will be near its end in 2080 ,and its very far away..

The only thing that Y2K and 2012 have in common is that they both reference time, specifically a particular year - that's it. Period. Computers confusing what year it is, is a FAR cry from what we've got ahead of us. And, Nibiru is at the bottom of my list: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12/15/2009 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The Local Interstellar Cloud
Illustration Credit & Copyright: Linda Huff (American Scientist), Priscilla Frisch (U. Chicago)
Explanation: The stars are not alone. In the disk of our Milky Way Galaxy about 10 percent of visible matter is in the form of gas, called the interstellar medium (ISM). The ISM is not uniform, and shows patchiness even near our Sun. It can be quite difficult to detect the local ISM because it is so tenuous and emits so little light. This mostly hydrogen gas, however, absorbs some very specific colors that can be detected in the light of the nearest stars. A working map of the local ISM within 10 light-years based on recent observations is shown above. These observations show that our Sun is moving through a Local Interstellar Cloud as this cloud flows outwards from the Scorpius-Centaurus Association star forming region. Our Sun may exit the Local Interstellar Cloud during the next 10,000 years. Much remains unknown about the local ISM, including details of its distribution, its origin, and how it affects the Sun and the Earth.
Science, 4 March 2005, by Lallement et al.
the Heliosphere is highly sensitive to the density of interstellar gas, and it could fail almost completely if the Sun passed though a dense cloud of gas, exposing the Earth to massive amounts of harmful radiation. There is some evidence to suggest that the Earth has experienced mass extinctions caused by interstellar explosions in the past - perhaps caused because we were in a dense cloud when the effects of a supernova passed us by.
The gravitation field of the Galactic Plane can cause solar-like winds to behave like steering currents on comets and other objects . The Earth has been pounded in the past, The very sparse, hot gas of the Local Bubble is the result of supernovae that exploded within the past two to four million years Thirty-four thousand years ago (34,000), the second part of a supernova explosion, the shock wave portion, hit the earth. The first shock wave comparatively did not disturb the Earth– It was rather unnoticed. Nothing happened, such that the inhabitants of the Earth would have become alarmed. Nothing heavy plummeted to the planet. They may have noticed a large array of ‘shooting' stars coming into the high, rarefied air. This cosmic castoff from the supernova with cosmic substances in the cosmos were pushed onto Earth. Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event was picked up 1992 by Eleusis space craft interstellar origin Micro meteorites coming from outside solar system They were caused by ions and small particles, all heavily laced with near to microscopic iron. Signs of evidence inside ice sheets over 35 thousand to 72 thousand years old Zodiacal belt shows Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event These toxic radioactive particles would later cause havoc. Man, animals, and plants suffered with radiation sickness. Mutations occurred. Tests of archeological finds show that man then had one blood type: O, some 100,000 to 40,000 years hence. After the supernova influence, humans started showing up with blood types A and B; and O continue to express itself also. Blood types A or B did not exist thousands of years ago. According to some scientists, if we possess those blood types, we are "blood brothers/sisters" to a supernova in the not too distant past. It Would be FOOLISH to not way the possiblity that in 2012 we may be entering into a Dense region of Gas...As we align with the Center of Our Galaxy Our SUN Sol has and is being bombarded by particles now coming throuh the Heliosphere in the sun has Gotten Brighter from these particles and has changed from A yellowish hue to a more white because of th increase in particles... We may be on te edge of a Dense Cloud of Gas ..and soon to be entering in 2012 the Denses parts of the LOCAL FLUFF held by the gravity of the black hole of the MilkyWay galaxy...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I love these things
. You will all loose becasue the calender ends 2011 october 1/27. not 2012. easy trick by the nwo just switch the numbers around. an equation proofs this look up ian lugold. he has created a equation that proofs god/nwo and the date on witch the wold "will end" goal of trick? to paper for something to late google.youtube it you will be convince now gimy what ever will be worth it in 2012. LOL in work experience.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
So, it's been over a month since I originally posted this thread.

I guess it's safe to say that all the chest-thumping debunkers have buried their heads back into the sand and want no part of my 'offer'.

Figures. Moving on.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I think 2012 will leave many disappointed, and will leave even more people over the moon. We only focus on the future because our present lives suck. I say 'our' when i should say your. My life is actually pretty damn exciting. If something amazing happens in 2012 then great i will be very excited when it happens but thats no reason to sit around and wait for it.

When you're waiting for a pot to boil you don't sit and watch it whilst doing nothing you get on with something else. 2012 is the same, all we can do is wait and see. OR we can come up with an amazingly intricate theory based on almost nothing and sell it for millions :p

peace

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

So, it's been over a month since I originally posted this thread.

I guess it's safe to say that all the chest-thumping debunkers have buried their heads back into the sand and want no part of my 'offer'.

Figures. Moving on.

I think the majority just doesn’t care, and it has nothing to do with losing a bet. To give you money is in a sense losing the bet right at the start that has nothing to do with whether the world ends or not.

If you truly believed the world will end in 2012 then you could be a little more ballizer and takeout an ad in the newspaper with the same challenge and put all your assets in escrow towards that bet. After you do that then you can post it here on ATS of your results. If your goals were to truly raise capital to help you to either live through the end of times or have one hell of a party before it happens, I don’t think ATS would be the place you would start.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Why would I take an ad out in a newspaper to an audience that, for the most part, doesn't care, when I've a concentration of people who even know enough to TAKE the bet, right here.

Not buying it - I'm saying we've got a bunch of smoke-blowers, here - plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

I will bet you, I will give you up to 20:1 depending on what you are actual betting to happen ( I am not reading through this garbage thread looking for your post
)

All money will be held with a trusted escrow (lawyer) and held until the close date, obviously

I would like to use the Moneybookers. (degen gambler
no need to pay taxes ship my winning right into my FTP account
)

You tell me what your saying is going to happen.
I will give you the odds.
Agree on amounts.
Agree on a escrow.
wait ...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Here's one of them - feel free to adjust to your terms.

Now, with your last few lines:

"Agree on amounts.
Agree on a escrow.
wait ..."

It's obvious you are aware of the pitfalls/paradox of making this a 'normal' bet and tried to be funny, but as you can plainly see, I've adjusted this wager in a manner to where it works, logically, and am completely serious.

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
I'll take your bet and will offer $100,000 if anything happens on Dec 21,2012. Anyone interested please contact me, I will arrange all paperwork through my attorneys, and we will meet in Las Vegas, Nevada to sign and close the bet.

I accept this new challenge.

Draw up the contract with the following addendum(s):

1) $100,000 is paid to me, NOW (at the time documents are signed) (a fair stipulation, since 'my crazy-conspiracy ass' KNOWs we won't be here, in order for me to benefit from this wager, I need to enjoy it now - agreed?)

2) That we adjust the 'date' from "anything happens on Dec 21,2012" to read more like my original proposal (a few posts up) of you or I not being in a position to complete the transaction AFTER 2012 - December 21st in cosmic/galactic terms is a little TOO specific for such a cataclysmic event - but rest assured something IS coming around then. So...

3) If we ARE still around on May 29, 2013* (My birthday after 'the end of the world'
), I will owe you the amount of $220,000 - obviously, to cover the $100K you spotted me plus the $100K that I now owe you, and I even threw in $20K for the high-yield stock (yeah, right) that you could've invested the ca$h in over that time period instead of giving it to me.

I'll even be in Vegas from Dec 23 - Dec 27, that's two and a half weeks from now [weren't expecting that sh*t, were ya?] - but, don't let that stop you - I'm there at least 3 or 4 times a year.

That's about as fair and reasonable as it gets. Step up or shut up, tough guy.

*Hey, you think NOTHING is gonna happen, right? What's another 6 months to honor my Bday?

Needless to say, it was the last time Mr_skepticc was seen. I imagine this will be the last of you, too.

[edit on 1/5/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Obviously I will not accept those terms .

If I want to blow 100k there are a few ways I would go about before sending it to a random person on the internet

-Play Patrik Antonius 500/1000 PLO.
- Hookers and beer.
- Giant pizza (like the one posted in my introduction thread.)
-etc.

Hell I would rather ship 100k to my local church, to help with some of there projects they help my community with.

If I knew you IRL, trust me I would take your bet under the small condition of you giving a list of things that will happen. (world changing events related to the date solely)

Yes! you have just proven someone hit the doomsday nibiru switch, because I will not ship a random nibiru believer 100k over the internet ..

You will still find me around, in fact I will start writing a new post for the 2012 forums tonight
I hope you join me once it is completed.

New bet idea : If nibiru does not come and destroy the earth, you promise to try to quit believing everything some idiot posts on the internet, No changing the date ever time your last date passes.

I am personal still waiting for 2000 and May 2003 dooms days to show up lol

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

don't use those emotes so much, make you seem like a tool IMO.

now i know you would love to bet against someone saying the world isn't going to end in 2012. and you would be right, the world won't end in 2012.

thing is though, you have a simple misconception and your unwillingness to even read the thread or research the 2012 event, proves you to be ignorant.

anything that claims the world will literally die off, or explode or end all life, is clear dis info.

Yes, bad things may and probably will happen leading up 2012.

But it's not going to be the end of the world by any means.
the Mayans simply stated it was going to be the end, of an age and start of a new one.

gawd i don't know why i am even wasting my time typing this out haha.

if you really wanna get some information on this whole 2012 event, research some of Nassim Heremiens work.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

I will use all the emotes I want :middlefinger:
Obliviously the world will not end in 2012 due to some undiscovered rouge planet.

I have read more 2012 bull# then I ever should have, read my post I said I will write a post on my complete thoughts tonight.

WTF is gawd? is this the inner-city's version of GOD ?
(really call me a tool then proceed to use the "word" "gawd", toolbox move IMO)

Who the # is Nassim Heremien .. no I am not joking ...
I google "Nassim Heremien" and get 0 (yes ZERO!) results

Obv. just a spelling mistake ? How does someone that studied this guy so much # up something like his name.

I do agree with you on the Mayan's end of a age comment.

Please Send me in the right direction on "Nassim Heremien" articles ?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

yeah twas a spelling mistake on my part, it's Nassim Haramein

watch his crossing the event horizon material

He is a famous canadian physicist, won a noble prize if i am not mistaken.

basically he goes into very interesting topics which definitely tie into the whole 2012 phenomenon.

Also if your interested in the actual Mayan calendar.

take a look at the Mayan calendar of conscious evolution.

i posted a thread about it a while back here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I know of Nassim Haramein

No I have not wasted 4 hours of my time watching his DVD.

He can't even get enough support to hold a spot on wiki listed under science

en.wikipedia.org...:Articles_for_deletion/Nassim_Haramein

en.wikipedia.org...:Articles_for_deletion/Nassim_Haramein_%282nd_nomination%29

He kinda of seem like a moron that want you to send him money IMO.

I like how he makes you think he knows WTF he is talking about by using things like unified field theory and throws in a few crop circles.

Is it true his unified field theory came to him as a dream as a child ?

Come on guy don't trust science that can't get published anywhere !

Maybe I will read his "award winning" paper tonight

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xelamental

This is ego petting at its best how about you tell me whats gonna happen and if your wrong then i get the 20x you still in. Your asking people who are already weak to be your victims my older brother used to make bets like that what are you 12 ?
your on the win no matter what nice try

id prefer to keep my dollar.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
reply to post by nophun

WHOA ! Holy # ! I missed your claim this nut Nassim won a noble prize.
For what ? Physics ?

Here is the thoughts of people much smarter then Nassim or myself on his "award winning" "physics papers".

www.sciencefile.org.../0

You just lost any credibility in my eyes, how hard is it to search something like a Noble winner.

search.nobelprize.org...

search.nobelprize.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
Sorry, I always lose bets and card games. However, I too feel like 2012 is a hoax and so do most of the people here, and I can prove it.

IF you TRULY believe the world is going to end...

why are you still paying all your bills?

If you pay you bills and think the world will end in 2012, you are lying to yourself on many levels.

I'm not paying them....I got laid off last january...and am about to lose my house

not fun

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

LOL sh*t eh?

take a look at the Mayan calendar of conscious evolution,

would love to hear your input on that.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

Point me in the right direction please.
Your talking about doomsday hippies I am thinking.

No videos, I know how these "gurus" love to brainwash the stupid with video with no text or legitimate sources, but I want proof they know how to read and write.

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join