It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bets on 2012

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Hmmm... this all sounds awfully familiar... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ya I see that, but where the correlation with 2012 or 2xxx whatever. Just about anyone of these theories can happen in the next 5,000 10,000 or 100,000s of years.

And unless it is something like a massive solar flare or asteroid things don't happen very fast by our standards, so it might have all ready started and we don't realize it for 1000s of more years. If there is a correct prediction of a random disaster then there are forces at work here that would be of divine nature, and that just means we would be move to a different existence.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black Flag
Unless you want an excuse not to do any Christmas shopping that year, December 21, 2012 is a complete non-event.

The only thing to follw 12/21/12 will be 12/22/12.

Okay let's clear the air about something.

I agree with you (and other posters) who say that 12/21/09 will be like 12/20/2009 and 12/22/2009 - no difference - the thing IS.... by that time, things are going to be severely F'd up! So, while your statement may be true (no single massive event on December 21, 2009), I think you still better make plans to be living your life quite a bit differently.

Pre-emptive smart-ass reply to, "well, no sh!t dumb*ass - it'll be 3 years later - of COURSE it'll be 'different' - nice call, Nostradamus!"

No, I mean... be prepared not to live where you currently live, interact with the same people you currently do (loved ones or friends), probably not have the same job (nor even CLOSE to the same income), etc... THAT kind of different?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by anonymousAlienResearcher

very true...but the point of me writing that in the first place was to say to people that instead of totally debunking the possiblity they should at least take into consideration teh fact that this world is not going to last forever and if it were to end or start to change very rapidly that we should be prepared for it....rather like the story in aesops fables about the grasshopper and the ants....

i am an ant and will be prepared for it IF it does happen...and will refuse to feel sorry for the little grasshoppers that are left out in the cold wondering if they will live.

"i pity not the soul that does no work for thyself"
dunno who said it but i totally agree with that

anyways thanks for commenting...i appreciate the feedback

So how do you prepare for any of it, move to Tibet? Would anything short of buy an old missile silo in Nebraska and stocking it with five years of food and water mean anything to just about 90% of these scenarios? Also with 90 scenarios there are at least 89 of them wrong, with rather great odds the 90th one is too. If the world was humming with one scenario (like people actually knew anything) I might have gave it some interest, but there is a case for everything thinkable and I think you could be wasting time and money.

The very least would be to live far from a major city in an area with very stable land mass, high above the oceans, with the ability to go self sustain for a very long time.

i meant prepare PERSONALLY as in are you going to be happy with yourselves when and IF the time comes....not in a physical aspect with food and/or material items

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Unless the Mayan predictors have accurately calculated that an asteroid visible to at their times will come around the solar system and crash into earth in 2012 (Gregorian calender), there is no substance to the prediction.

Another probable cause could be implosion (nuclear; CERN) from within the earth which is probable but not guaranteed.

Nobody could really predict the end since none of the predictors/forecasters knew the beginning. You can only predict the end if you know the source or the beginning.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by champredd

that is the FIRST ive heard of the earth imploding......never thought about that...probably NOT likely to happen but it was a good point!!! thanks

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don't believe much in 2012 phenomena anyway, if any superior power (i.e God) wanted to end the world, they would've done it by now ha.
When the world ends, it'll come like a robber during the night, you'll never know

Threw in my two cents,

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I wanted to post a few ideas out their to people. THis thread is my only choice. seeing how I haven't found my nitch in thread creating as of yet.

What i do know is that money will be useless will this armageddon does happen. So why make a real bet. useless stupid. I find this discussion almost the same level as las vegas on a forum. disgusted.

here are my ideas

what if the world does go into a dire economic situation?

Heres my question. Does the Government have the power to take all money into all major and minor banks for themselves? if they really did step in I feel that this could happen.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Now, you understand the logic of my proposal, no?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Now, you understand the logic of my proposal, no?

i do...its too bad that some refuse to accept that fact....its a shame that people think its funny to bet on whether or not people are going to die anyways

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This bet doesn't even make sense. Even if I happened to believe in 2012, then I would bet against it happening. If 2012 happens, then most people will die, and I can't use the money, but if it doesn't, and I bet against it, then I win and get money.

By the way, Squirrel, are you the same "squirrel" from SHH?

[edit on 9-12-2009 by TravisT]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

It makes perfect sense - read the proposal again:
- If I'm right, we all die (or whatever) and I live the last 3 years enjoying my $100K
- If I'm wrong, we all live, and my challenger gets paid his $100K

What's not making sense?

(SHH?)

[edit on 12/9/2009 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

reply to post by TravisT

It makes perfect sense - read the proposal again:
- If I'm right, we all die (or whatever) and I live the last 3 years enjoying my $100K
- If I'm wrong, we all live, and my challenger gets paid his $100K

What's not making sense?

(SHH?)

[edit on 12/9/2009 by SquirrelNutz]
No, I understand what he's saying, but it's a win-win for him either way. He's betting against 2012 to happen. 2012 is supposed to be the "end of the world", right? If it is the end of the world, then the people who were right(betting for), won't get any money, because everybody will be dead. So if he's wrong, then what does he loose? If he's right, then he gains money, and everybody lives.

It makes sense what he's doing, but it doesn't make sense for people to bet for 2012 to happen, as it's just a waist of money either way. If I have money to put down, and the world is supposed to end in a few years, then why not make money off of something that could/couldn't happen. The odds are more in his favor, then someone betting for 2012. I find it silly to take him up on the offer, as it doesn't really make sense to me. It's not even a bet, it's an investment.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

It's perfectly acceptable for a human being to be unsure of the future.

You don't have to pretend like you are certain of calamity in the next 2 years.

Nobody has that kind of power

Any kind of terrible thing, could happen at any time.

You don't have to look to the stars for signs of trouble - all you have to do is look around you. The present and the past of human history is FULL of calamities, major changes, suffering on a mass scale, etc.

People have been making these kinds of predictions for a looooooong time. I figure this one will play out just all all the others.

Don't let it take over your life. Silently remind yourself that you might just be wrong, and you'll be amazed at how good it feels after you exhale.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousAlienResearcher
i meant prepare PERSONALLY as in are you going to be happy with yourselves when and IF the time comes....not in a physical aspect with food and/or material items

I don't think the end of times would create any form of happyness in me or with myself. I'm fears would be more directed towards the wellfare of my family.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

The thing is, you say the key players i nthe control of globalness will horde all the money. Money is absolutely useless if they have it all. I do not understand why people thing this green piece of paper (or blue/red/yellow/etc a.k.a. euro) is worth anything.

Food, Assets, offense/defense equipment, Land is important. Even gold/silver is not important, it was just a rare object that could be used as a means of trade. Other than its technological value (which was not a issue while setting the standard which fell apart)

If you are worried, start stock piling perishables that can survive some time. and look into SEEDS.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I bet that after nothing happens, another stupid dumb "end days" theory will be created by some loner waste of skin fool, who'd rather make up crap like this then get laid.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
who'd rather make up crap like this then get laid.

Is that really what you think the only people who are following these types of things are like?!

Hilarious.

I get laid nightly and brightly. [as I type this, my chest is being rubbed by a girl who is begging me to 'quit playing on the computer and come to bed'] - got some outdated demographic stats, my friend.

Wake up, dude - the evidence is right in front of you. Just because you refuse to even acknowledge the posit, doesn't make it not exist.

To quote myself from another thread...

Michel R. Legrand and Robert J. Delmas of Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Geophysique de l'Environment published an article "Soluble Impurities in Four Antarctic Ice Cores Over the Last 30,000 Years" in Annals of Glaciology (10, 1988, pp 116-120). They graphed the Oxygen 18 variations and the ionic components Na = NH (sub4) and Ca (sup 2) and H and Cl and NO (sub 3) and SO (sub 4). The time scale for each ionic component level as well as the O (sup 18) levels stretches back 30,000 years. The graph shows correlations to spikes at 5,200 BC, 8,800 BC, 12,400 BC, c. 16,000 BC, c. 19,600 BC. All of these were times of great geologic stress.

And, that ain't just some made up bullsh*t, folks - THIS is your smoking gun for Nibiru / Planet X / Wormwood / Destroyer / All the sh*tty parts of the bible...

But, don't take my (and GoldenFleece') word for it. Order a copy for yourself from the International Glaciological Society!: www.igsoc.org...

116-120
Soluble impurities in four Antarctic ice cores over the last 30 000 years
Michel R. Legrand and Robert J. Delmas

[edit on 12/10/2009 by SquirrelNutz]

[edit on 12/10/2009 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Before anyone lays bets on the return of Nibiru can I ask you to have a look at the photographs my wife and I took this summer. They had been chemtrailing the sun all summer and my wife had been insisting that there was something wrong with the sun. One day after buying a new camera to better shoot chemtrail photographs I took these images. The moon is smaller than our moon and had been travelling rapidly across the face of the sun, south to north. It was obviously quite close to the sun which would suggest that it is quite large, 5 times the earths size perhaps. The second sun is to the rear of our sun.
These are genuine photographs and 4k by 3k images are available.
www.youtube.com...

I believe the illuminati apron has two suns depicted.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xelamental

I predict that a President will be elected in the United States after November 6th 2012. Still want to take my bet?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Okay this my first time posting on this site, i think that by 2012 not much or dramatic will happen just like y2k. its simply a hoax to earn cash. plus i think that if you calculate . the world will be near its end in 2080 ,and its very far away..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join