It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people still OBSESSED with sarah palin?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

Why are liberals filled with unconditional HATRED for Sarah Palin?
Because Sarah generates positive energy and will probably be
the next President of the United States.
- She isn't going anywhere except the White House. -

Why is her book number 1?

Ya the divide and conquer of "REAL AMERICA" is positive

You can see more positivity in the racial interactions within a Supermax...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
People are not obsessed with her. Feminists just hate the fact that an attractive, conservative woman still believes in family values and will not put her career above the health and welfare of her family.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I suspect her popularity is derived from the same human curiosity that made "The Beverly Hillbillies" a hit TV show.

And I suspect her close scrutiny is due to the fact that potentially a mental-midget-model type would have the power to launch nukes.

I'd be lying to not admit I think she's got a nice pooter. But breeding with her would be like riding a jet ski. It is actually quite fun, but you wouldn't want your friends to catch you doing it.

I cannot comment on her political prowess since I don't believe she possesses any.

Toodles...KK

[edit on 17-11-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
She's another TV media personality and if she wasn't good looking we wouldn't even be discussing this.

As well as speaking out against the PTB and not looking like a movie star, someone like Ron Paul is thrown to the curb.

It very SAD and demonstrative of where US politics have gone when so many Americans judge our potential leaders based upon their aesthetics alone.

But all in all a popular looking person is what brings in the viewers as well as the revenue to the MSM from TV advertisements which IS the bottom line.

Its all about MONEY.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
she's that very rare female politician that:

1 - Doesn't feel she has to play the victim (even though she has been the victim of a vicious smear campaign), but instead stands on her own - which scares the crap out of the liberal NOW crowd.

2 - Doesn't feel she has to pretend to be a man (see hillary in short hair, pant suits and no makeup as an example) to play in a man's political game - which also scares the crap out of the liberal NOW crowd.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Wrong on both counts (what else is new...):

Originally posted by centurion1211
1 - Doesn't feel she has to play the victim

On Oprah, not less:

Kicking off Phase One of her reputation reclamation project with a world exclusive on The Oprah Winfrey Show, the 2008 Republican vice-presidential candidate debuted a new persona -- Sarah Palin: Victim.

and:

2012obama.com...

First she blamed Katie Couric for not being able to answer the question “what newspapers do you read”.

She blamed McCain for not letting her “be herself.”

She blamed the liberal media for her not knowing that Africa is a continent.

2 - Doesn't feel she has to pretend to be a man

Oh yeah she does. Let's hear it from Levi, who know her WAY better than you do:

"She says she goes hunting and lives off animal meat -- I've never seen it. I've never seen her touch a fishing pole. She had a gun in her bedroom and one day she asked me to show her how to shoot it. I asked her what kind of gun it was, and she said she didn't know, because it was in a box under her bed."

Yeah, moose hunting and field dressing (according to her). She still doesn't?

[edit on 17-11-2009 by buddhasystem]

CX

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
reply to post by mopusvindictus

please stop calling sarah palin sexy. i almost puked in my mouth a little.

That has to be the funniest thing i have read all day....much needed!

Thanks.

I agree though, it's the sexy image thing. That's sad to say i know, but if she looked like certain other female politicians, i'm not sure she'd have the same fan base.

CX.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Sorry, but you're either joking, or delusional. I'd prefer to give you the benefit of the doubt and speculate the former.

1 - I'm hard pressed to find an example of a female politician 'playing the victim' as forcefully as what was put forth when, during the past election, they finally broke her media blackout and allowed the Couric interview where Palin failed miserably.

2 - This woman LOVES to "play the man". A HUGE portion of her persona is based on her "hunter/gatherer" image, and she pounces on every opportunity to get media coverage of herself fishing in muck waders, or moose hunting with a sizeable firearm.

[edit on 11/17/09 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

If you knew anything about women and firearms, you'd know that women like to hunt and shoot because it is a turn on for them. But it hardly means they cannot also be feminine.

Any ladies here want to jump in on this?

Take a woman target shooting for the first time and many times, she'll end up buying a firearm - if you know what you are doing and show her you are safe with firearms.

If you can get over your own fears, try going to range just to watch sometime ...

[edit on 11/17/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
reply to post by centurion1211

2 - This woman LOVES to "play the man". A HUGE portion of her persona is based on her "hunter/gatherer" image, and she pounces on every opportunity to get media coverage of herself fishing in muck waders, or moose hunting with a sizeable firearm.

See my post above to know why you also are wrong in your assessment.

As far as using a "sizable firearm", in hunting you use the right tool for the job. Do you not choose the right screwdriver to fit the screw - if you know how to do that - or right sized hammer to fit the nail?

Love these "critical" posts from people who's hands have probably never even seen a callus.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

not a huge palin fan, but the way you describe her is honestly how i've felt about obama since 2007. its like nails on a chalk board when he stutters though an answer. yet, the dude had an insane following. maybe there's something about the modern politician that evokes extreme reactions. either way, we're getting played.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

See my post above to know why you also are wrong in your assessment.

Not wrong, you're merely selectively ignoring the facts. You may feel firearms are a "turn-on" for women, but that completely ignores field dressing a moose, and being knee deep in mud with muck waders and a fishing pole. No firearm "turn-ons" there; just mud, blood, and slime.

I suppose blood, guts, mud, and slime are universal "turn-ons" for women too.

The fact of the the matter is that these are hunter/gatherer activities that society views as masculine, and she has made them a HUGE portion of her public persona through jumping at opportunities to get media coverage of her doing such.

I'm certainly not saying there's anything wrong with women participating in such activities, but to imply that she doesn't feel the need to publically define herself through masculine traits is simply untrue. She thrives on media coverage of her participation in such activities.

Love these "critical" posts from people who's hands have probably never even seen a callus.

Your detractions merely highlight the depths of your ignorance. I worked in construction for years, and put myself through college working in a meat packing plant; so I've seen more than my fair share of blood, guts, and calluses.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Why are you going off on a superficial tangent? BTW if Scarlet Johansen is ugly then something is up with your standards.

He said Scarlett Johanson was ugly? Good lord man, she's one of the most beautiful women on the planet! Say that in front of me, I dare you.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The MSM wants to make sure you know her name and hate her. She is a direct treat the TPTB's corruption and power. So far it's working pretty well. F'n SHEEP!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

she's that very rare female politician that:

1 - Doesn't feel she has to play the victim (even though she has been the victim of a vicious smear campaign), but instead stands on her own - which scares the crap out of the liberal NOW crowd.

So then what kind of mentality does one have when they blame everything on everyone else if it's not one of being a victim?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ErnestT

I don't understand how she's a threat to anyone? Can you elaborate?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

This is how I see it. Palin is the conservatives version of Obama. A good looking divisive politician who promises to put "them" in their place while pandering to special interests and sacrificing their integrity/dignity in order to get further up the ladder and make big bucks.

All either one of them has to do is say the magic words that their respective followers swoon and almost faint at the very mention of and people praise them as the harbingers of the change they've been waiting for. Then they turn around and tell those who dare criticize their beloved politician as simply being nothing more than "scared" and "threatened" by them.

No, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that they only thing we are scared of is that their followers are so disillusioned that their ignorance may very well result in this country being ran by someone who will do more harm than good to this country; i.e. Obama and, hopefully not, in the future, Palin.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by snusfanatic

This is how I see it. Palin is the conservatives version of Obama. A good looking divisive politician who promises to put "them" in their place while pandering to special interests and sacrificing their integrity/dignity in order to get further up the ladder and make big bucks.

All either one of them has to do is say the magic words that their respective followers swoon and almost faint at the very mention of and people praise them as the harbingers of the change they've been waiting for. Then they turn around and tell those who dare criticize their beloved politician as simply being nothing more than "scared" and "threatened" by them.

No, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that they only thing we are scared of is that their followers are so disillusioned that their ignorance may very well result in this country being ran by someone who will do more harm than good to this country; i.e. Obama and, hopefully not, in the future, Palin.

Probably the most intelligent post on this whole thread.

Having said that, howerver,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7bad2eba28e.jpg[/atsimg]

Ohhhh Yeahhh, She is HOT HOT HOT!

[edit on 17-11-2009 by FortAnthem]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think Palin will run against Obama in 2012, so we will be seeing a lot more of her from now until than whether we like it or not. She will somehow become even more lovable and even scarier people will probably vote for her.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I thik its the way she has alot of kids who will have alot of kids also.

And she don't mind bombing people if it needs to be done.

Cause she hunts and likes it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join