It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Manchester is first to get ID cards

page: 2
8
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
whilst I agree that Manchester should not be singled out- using protest involving the UAF, does not, in my opinion, add to your argument

The UAF is followed by the biggest bunch of hypocritical waster you could imagine- and ironically, act in a manner akin to fascism

[edit on 16-11-2009 by blueorder]


Then you'll see i agree with you on that fact alone. Go read some of my other posts and you'll notice i consider the UAF as hypocrites too.

But basing the intelligence of a city on its geographical location alone is beyond nonsense.




posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizardThen you'll see i agree with you on that fact alone. Go read some of my other posts and you'll notice i consider the UAF as hypocrites too.

But basing the intelligence of a city on its geographical location alone is beyond nonsense.



no problem, just picked up the point incorrectly



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard
 


As much as I dislike any northern generalisations, I also dislike your remark of typical southern hostility as a generalisation, I have many fine friends in Manchester.. non of whom I would consider stupid.. nor would they consider all us Southerners as typically hostile.

back on track, I don't know why they seem to consistently pick on Manchester for these schemes.. this is simply plain wrong.. wrong wrong wrong.. I hope the scheme falls flat on its face.



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by mr-lizard
 


As much as I dislike any northern generalisations, I also dislike your remark of typical southern hostility as a generalisation, I have many fine friends in Manchester.. non of whom I would consider stupid.. nor would they consider all us Southerners as typically hostile.


You're quite right. Although to me (from my experience) it seems (at least from the people who i have met) tend to judge the northerners far more than the northerners judge the southerners.

Maybe i'm wrong... Generalisations are just that though...



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Manchester... London... who care's. You guys are playing right into the hands of the NWO. Keep everyone fighting amongst themselves while they strip away our rights and freedom.
I'm an American but that doesn't matter, we're all human beings and we are all on this site together so we have that in common. Until we stop all the in-fighting we will never be able to defeat the true threat to our very lives.



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard
 


On the North/South divide my experience is the reverse of yours, and I guess it is simply that we base some generalisations on our experience.. anyway your cool :-) and that to one side, this action by the government stinks no matter what area they try to implement it in first.

reply to post by Soldier of God
 


I still beleive in my heart that this Government will get bitten on the behind.. the odds are stacking up against them by the day, including those of the opposition parties.




[edit on 16/11/09 by thoughtsfull]



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If I may interject...

Manchester is always the first in these sort of things because the civil service in London think they are gullible, ignorant, and will do as they are told.

Now that is not in reality how the people in Manchester are, but it is a generalisation that one can find among politicians and civil servants in London and among the unseen powers in the City...

Sorry, but I thought it needed saying...

[edit on 16/11/09 by Pellevoisin]



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's the government who are stupid here.
Don't they realise that all they have to do is get their ID cards into the Apple stores, and people will be queuing up all night to get one.
AND they'll be willing to pay £100 and upwards.



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Americans and British, bend over... NOW!!!




posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If only it was just USA and UK.............!



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
As my good mate has so rightly said:

"As if my passport, my birth certificate, my NI number, my medical records (including dental), my tax history (including NI pension contributions), my census returns, my banking history, my utility bills, my wedding & divorce certificates, my driving licence, my TV licence, my council tax, being registered to vote, benefits records, Student Finance, were not enough I now need a useless £30 piece of plastic. Thin end of the wedge, next they'll want our DNA, (or doesn't that already get done when you're born these days?)"


Is this not the exact truth?



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Im surprised they didnt force any of the Airport workers to have this implimented in their contracts, or say to JSA seekers "to claim benefits from now on you MUST pay for this ID card".

It wouldnt have surprised me.



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
As my good mate has so rightly said:

"As if my passport, my birth certificate, my NI number, my medical records (including dental), my tax history (including NI pension contributions), my census returns, my banking history, my utility bills, my wedding & divorce certificates, my driving licence, my TV licence, my council tax, being registered to vote, benefits records, Student Finance, were not enough I now need a useless £30 piece of plastic. Thin end of the wedge, next they'll want our DNA, (or doesn't that already get done when you're born these days?)"


Is this not the exact truth?


Yep... how much more information do they need now they are collecting mobile phone, internet and other digital records... how big a database do they actually need?


edit to add: perhaps they are looking for one so big that it would be harder to lose?

[edit on 16/11/09 by thoughtsfull]



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Let me first state that I think the poster who believes Manchester people are stupid or even that the government think they are stupid, is not only wrong but a few IQ points below 100.

From what I can tell manchester was chosen because of its high percentage of young people. Amongst the highest in the UK apprently. London never gets chosen to trial these sorts of things. It used to always be Bristol that got this bad government stuff first. Young people tend to be more agreeable to such things as ID cards, for their convenience and the fact they have been brought up with schooling tailored exactly to the NWOs agenda-they are already brainwashed.

One of the arguments spoken today in favour of the cards has been that they are useful for picking up parcels. Well I've picked up parcels a number of times over the years and no info has ever been needed. All you need is the slip put through your letterbox telling you were to pick up said parcel. So You already have the full requirement of ID for picking up parcels on the mat underneath your letterbox.

I for one will not be having one even when they eventually become compulsory. At that time I'll be prepared to face jail rather than get one. Hopefully by then there will be sufficient opposition that anyone facing their day in court will have widespread public support and decent legal representation paid for by some sort of activists war fund. Even if the day comes that I am physically forced to have one, it'll be going into the microwave first opportunity I get.



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
England and America are changing so rapidly.

It isn't necessary to have those cards. Good lord, how many forms of identification do we need anyway? Just another way for the governments to make more money off the people, and to keep a closer eye on them. Protest! Say something! Do something! Anything!



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well if ID cards are a part of the grand NWO plan then Poland must be the hearth of it
. We have had ID cards since I remember , everybody at age 18 gets one (you are considered an adult from this point) , in there you have your first and last name , your height , eye color , hair color and place of registration (as in where you live at the moment when they give you the id) .



[edit on 16-11-2009 by Thill]



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kayne1982
 


I've said it before and i'll say it again, i won't have my fingerprints taken, i won't be chipped and i refuse to be labelled like cattle. The government has absolutely no right to treat innocent people like criminals. Remember the good old days when it was only the criminals who had their fingerprints taken?

However people like myself i believe are especially vulnerable. I am unable to work due to ill health and i bet you pennies to pounds that anyone claiming benefits will be required to have this card under the guise of stopping fraud. What is someone like myself to do? If i say no i'm screwed, simple as that.

I will say no to it when it occurs but i have no clue where that will leave me. Oh well at least i don't have any dependants
Saying no however will lead to the age old question "What is he hiding". That is the classic line that governments use to control people and there is no way of answering it without appearing guilty.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]



posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
Well if ID cards are a part of the grand NWO plan then Poland must be the hearth of it
. We have had ID cards since I remember , everybody at age 18 gets one (you are considered an adult from this point) , in there you have your first and last name , your height , eye color , hair color and place of registration (as in where you live at the moment when they give you the id) .



[edit on 16-11-2009 by Thill]


Wasn't Poland communist at some point



posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Not really a comforting thought, but do realise that much of the West in general is experiencing this stuff. The English are not alone. We all have the attitude "can't someone else do it" and "so what" as if these responses are ok.

Now would be a good time for the Elite to push advanced ID cards and eventually implement RFID chips on the masses.

[edit on 19/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]



posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Not really a comforting thought, but do realise that much of the West in general is experiencing this stuff. The English are not alone. We all have the attitude "can't someone else do it" and "so what" as if these responses are ok.

Now would be a good time for the Elite to push advanced ID cards and eventually implement RFID chips on the masses.

[edit on 19/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]


The elite are also pushing mass immigration and multi culturalism because a less homogenous and "united" nation is much easier to control *as well as being told to by big business for cheap labour*



new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join