It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings Everyone...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus
[

[edit on 9-11-2009 by chrisbasa]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thank you for posting the Iguana information. Congrats. on taking a great photo!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

Thanks, Agentofchaos. Being well rounded is its own reward, no? (When folks ask you "Why do you want to know all that STUFF?", just nod, smile and run away, because they'll never understand.)

I first heard cryptozoology at Grandad's knee-tales of Giant Squid, Bunyips and Yetis

It was my good luck to find a copy of Heuvelmans' "On The Track Of Unknown Animals". I'd love a copy of "In The Wake Of The Kraken" too,
even tho' the Giant Squid is no longer, strictly speaking, a cryptid.

I've some of Ivan T. Sanderson's writing, too. What is your take on the whole Minnesota Iceman thing?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Hey, Epsilon70
We're everywhere these days, us Aussies! Thanks for your greeting and I'll see you 'round.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by chrisbasa]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisbasa

I have to admit I had not heard of that and was a little shocked when I read up on and a bit impressed you hit me with one that was off the wall a little bit. As far as what I think about it, pretty wild looks like someone didn't want the smoking gun out yet lol and can only say as a rebudtle; what do you think of this picture paranormal.about.com... and this video www.abovetopsecret.com... the video is in the 1st page just scroll down alittle bit. hope you like

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
So nice to have you peak out of your shell and join us.

It's always a time to rejoice when we add another intelligent female to our ranks.

No, I'm not a radical feminist. I just like to hear a woman's point of view to compliment the men's ideas.

Again welcome.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thank you for your kind greeting, Dizziedame
Leaving the shell is proving very worthwhile.

I guess I'm a biological feminist, i.e., much of human behaviour, including gender differences, can be better understood if considered in the light of the hunter/gatherer life humans persued for so long. Both genders are needed, one is not superior to the other.

Thank you again for your warmth. I hope we get better aquainted.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Really interesting material, Agentofchaos
(BTW, didn't mean to show off/ be a smartass-simply wanted to know what you thought about the Iceman. Yes, I think it was a cover-up,too. Heuvelmans was a trained biologist-he knew exactly what he was looking at. And Iceman was allegedly smuggled out of Vietnam in a bodybag. N.W. Vietnam has yielded several previously unknown creatures, notably the Vu Quang Ox Pseudoryx nghetinensis sometime in the 1980s)

The pterosaur photo- The creature's head looks right in form and size. The droop of the left shoulder onto the ground suggests a real corpse. But why the heck did they not get a clear head photo? I cannot discern the layout of the whole wing. *The men in the photo make me suspicious* As far as I can see them, they look too well nourished/well groomed. If I had to bet my life on it, I'd say contemporary Civil War re-enactors with a model of a pterosaur (I know at least 1 exact half scale model exists) in a faux-aged photo. But I do not know-the pic has some plausability.

The video-Leave it with me for a bit, I'd like to watch it a few times. I have trouble with ETs that look very human-I suspect that they are humanoid beings who belong to the Earth, but operate in a different set of dimensions. The source of accounts of fairies, pixies, etc.?

Remind me to tell you about Grandpa's UFO

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

PS The late John Keel wrote a book about the "strange aircraft/strange humanoids are from another dimension" idea. UFO was in the title,it was published in the 1970s, I think. Sadly I no longer have my copy. A great book, if you can find it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Well I don't know my old school cameras, but I think it takes a while to take photos, again good question. As far as for them looking good, if I had just taken down a pterodactyl or whatever it was I'd would have showered, put on sundays finest, and made sure I was looking good for that photo, because thats a once in a life time right there lol...one thing you should take note on is the quality of the pic, it looks all messed up like it barely stood the test of time,imo anyways. So you brought up how you like giant squids, I've always been interested in the Lusca got anything on him?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The Lusca! Good one, Agentofchaos

The accounts given by local fisherman sound exactly like a giant octopus. The "blue holes" of the Bahamas would be a wonderful place for an octopus to breed. If the Lusca is an octopus who is territorial, or guards its eggs, that would explain its agression towards fishermen. This cryptid is entirely believable. I wonder when one will be caught/photographed?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Yea, idk if you watch Destination Truth, but they just did a bit on it a couple months ago and while they didn't turn up a Lusca, they did have some weird activity and also made me realize how big the possibility of it was for being there when a boat captain said probably less then 1% of those "blue holes" have really been explored...you just don't really know until you know, ya know?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

No, Agent Of Chaos, sad to say I've never seen/heard of "Destination Truth", but it sounds like a great show. Yep, I can well believe that 1% or less of the blue holes have been explored. Come to that, a lot of places haven't really been explored-mapped by air/sonar/satellite, yes; explored up close, no.

Some years ago, a guy I knew said he had seen a Tasmanian Tiger-not in Tasmania, but in Western Australia. This dude was a medical student and an experienced outdoorsman, very familiar with Australian wildlife.Not a drinker, doper or a bull# bragger. I believe him. Some Tasmanian Tigers were brought from Tasmania and re-introduced to mainland Australia in the 19th century. W.A. is vast; they could be there. As you said, ya don't know until ya know.

Do you think Megaladon could still exist?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, have a good time. Hope you have found a good home for information and conversation. = )

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Not that the meg couldn't be alive, but if it were I think large corpses of animals would be washing up a little bit more regularly...On the other hand, I did read a report on some explorer from an earlier timeline(can't remember exact date), but he had found a meg tooth that was only from 10,000b.c. which is a lot later then they thought it went extinct so I guess I'm inclined to beleive that the ocean is big enough to hide whatever it wants to; and besides speaking in absolutes is for people who "know" lol.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Oxygen56

Thank you for your welcome, Oxygen56; I just saw your message. This is indeed a really worthwhile place. Have you noticed how often ATS scoops MSM?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

What you say is true, Agentofchaos; one would expect washed up carcasses. And Meg would need *a lot* of high energy food...but who knows?

Yes, I'd heard about the Meg tooth, too. Some say it has been incorrectly dated and is really much older than ca. 10.000 years. But again, who really knows?

There was a 19th century report by some crab fishermen (in Tasmania?) of a shark "100' long". I don't believe in mass halucinations, something scared the ### out of these experienced fishermen.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Hello. Welcome to ATS. I have been reader myself for a long time and finally decided to start an account up.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

Hey, Jdawg

Thank you for your greeting; please excuse my mega-slow response.

Regards,
Christine

top topics

<< 1   >>

join