It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 12's Covert EVA , Are E.T.'s the reason for the Secrecy ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

ok... i agree.... with all those maybes.... its little less obvious....

[edit on 26/11/09 by mcrom901]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
...Now if it comes to detecting extremophile lifeforms on Mars or the moon, I don't think it would cause any kind of mass panic or unrest for people to learn there's essentially bacteria or its equivalent living on other planets in our solar system, and no military advantages to keeping that secret for reasons of national security. Furthermore, NASA seems stretched to get funding and a discovery of that nature would possibly allow them to get more funding so we can learn more about the alien life. So no national security concerns if you don't believe people will panic about alien bacteria and I think it's silly to think they would, and more funding...seems like there are no valid reasons why they wouldn't announce it...

I agree. Most people are comfortable with the idea of microbial life on Mars. In fact I bet most people believe that Mars does have some sort of life. I know for a fact that there are some "less informed" people who mistakenly believe NASA has already announced the presence of life there (I have a co-worker who thought he heard on the news years ago that NASA found life).

The idea of at least the possibility of microbial life on Mars seems to be such a given in our society, that when they finally do confirm it, the bulk of the people in the world will probably be "underwhelmed".

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

Depending on the angle of the sunlight, the colors on the Moon vary quite a bit. This has been repeatedly pointed out. The transcripts bear it out and here is what Conrad and Bean said of the changes visible even on the surface on Apollo 12.

One of the more difficult aspects of the traverses was the fact that there did not appear to be any difference in color among either the rocks or the soils; they all looked about the same. The first day, everything appeared to be dull gray. If we looked very closely, of course, now and then it was possible to observe a white rock or, in an area where we had disturbed the soil, perhaps a slightly different shade of gray. Between the first and second days, definite color change accompanied the Sun-angle change. On the second day, everything that had appeared to be gray on the first day started looking either a dark or a tannish brown.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

As has been pointed out, the image of Earth by Clementine is a false color composite.

[edit on 11/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

That video from the Kaguya probe used a modern high-definition digital video camera with a telephoto lens. The Apollo missions did not.

and was that equipment also able to x-ray the core of the planet as well?...

No.

The hi-def video camera on Kaguya/Selene was not really a scientific instrument as much as it was a Public Relations tool. The pictures were meant to be "pretty" pictures for the public to see, therefore I would not be surprised if the colors of the Earth were oversaturated.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

As has been pointed out, the image of Earth by Clementine is a false color composite.

that is the last i.e. the coloured pic...... the rest of the images captured in the visible spectrum are b/w i.e. grey

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

There is only one image in the visible spectrum (415nm) and it is not b/w, it is grayscale. The color image is a composite made with those other images.

[edit on 11/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

No.

The hi-def video camera on Kaguya/Selene was not really a scientific instrument as much as it was a Public Relations tool. The pictures were meant to be "pretty" pictures for the public to see, therefore I would not be surprised if the colors of the Earth were oversaturated.

seriously...... what are you talking about......... stating the obvious..... not to startle your shock surprises.....

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

the colour observation is in 'grayscale' not the picture itself......

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

What you mean?
Clementine did not take any color images. It took greyscale images in using different filters. Those images are composited in different ways to produce false color images.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Hi easynow good article,
Can you confirm the pictures you posted are actually Apollo 12 as I believe these pictures are from the Apollo 11 footage?

Zelong.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

are you asking there or translating on my behalf?

cant make out.....

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

thanks but that pic is from Apollo 11 and i linked to the thread discussing it. sorry if i wasn't clear about it but if you go back and read the post you will see what i said. thanks and sorry for any confusion

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

looking at those pictures.... reminded me of these.... lot of weird spots captured during the apollo 10.....

what do you guys make of these?

edited to say..... sorry for going off topic......

[edit on 26/11/09 by mcrom901]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

No.

seriously...... what are you talking about......... stating the obvious..... not to startle your shock surprises.....

No...I'm stating a fact.

The Hi-def digital video camera on Kaguya was primarily meant to take pictures for the general public and not for science. That could explain why the Earth's colors are so vivid (i.e., perhaps they were intentionally oversaturated to make a prettier picture) -- Or the colors could have been so vivid because that was the nature of the camera that was used.

I can't tell you because I'm not an expert in high-definition videos taken in space. I have nothing to compare it to. That picture does look a bit odd, but I am not an expert in videoanalysis, so I can't tell you if it is fake or real.

[edit on 11/26/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

i think the fundamental question should be... who decides how 'pretty' should be defined and interpreted to the public with the selected attributes.....

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I'm not saying the Japanese DID oversaturate the image, I just said it was a possibility. Maybe they didn't, so then perhaps the Earth really did look like that.

[edit on 11/26/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

In this case (as in most cases) the camera owners, more specifically, the Japan Broadcasting Corporation, NHK.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

well thanks Arbitrageur for the great reply about the secrecy protocols , you certainly do have an opinion on that

obviously your correct about the military advantages a UFO would have and they would no doubt keep that a secret so i agree with you there but i do somewhat disagree with you on the microbial life disclosure because as of right now there are too many unknowns and God only knows if they would want to study whatever they found and possibly use it for some bio weapon. i know that's extreme sounding but you can't rule it out therefore i do not believe they would tell everyone until they knew for sure what they were dealing with and even then somebody would be making a decision based on the current national security issues. i also don't think the funding argument is a valid one because i don't believe for a second that they would have to make anything public to get any funding. just my opinion.

i also believe SETI or the Allen array would most definitely have some protocols in place because of national security problems that could arise from them disclosing something they found. i know you said Seth Shostak say's there are no MIBs hovering over the SETI institute but i guarantee you he has to answer and report to someone and i don't believe he has any real say in the matter. just my opinion

so my bottom line is:

they (TPTB) are not going tell us anything no matter what is found unless they want to and it's to their advantage.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

thanks mcrom901 ,

the Moon sure does look like green cheese in those pics eh ?

i'm not sure what those objects are because they could be UFO's or ice or "Moon Pigeons" ??

in this pic here.. it could be the command module or maybe a UFO ?

i'd like to see a high resolution version of that one ^^^

www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...

[edit on 26-11-2009 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
i'd like to see a high resolution version of that one
Wish granted.

You have to be fast, it's only a temporary link.

For those that see this too late, you can always request the image again from this page.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join