It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi court upholds child rapist crucifixion ruling

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Saudi court upholds child rapist crucifixion ruling

in.reuters.com

RIYADH (Reuters) - A Saudi court of cassation upheld a ruling to behead and crucify a 22-year-old man convicted of raping five children and leaving one of them to die in the desert, newspapers reported on Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This, people, is justice! This is exactly what should happen to those who rape and murder children. I hate that this horrible monster will have a swift death through beheading, however. My wish is that they would crucify the man before beheading him - leave him crucified and on display for all to see. Leave him to hang for hours in agony, remembering those he killed, the lives he's ruined. Only behead him once he is already close to death and then send him to face judgment again before God.

My heart weeps for these poor children. But it will never weep when justice is finally served.

in.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
if he was convicted after a very very very strong and irrefutable case then im' all for it!

I'm not too familiar with the saudi court, but i'm not against this.

nothing is worse than rape and pedophellia.

down with all of them!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
As long as a real effort was made to determine his guilt let him be crucified! I would be satisfied with the punishment. We need to remember the legal system in Saudi Arabia is not the same as in the west.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
No issues here.

Although I think the crucifixion is a tad bit over the top considering it would be done after he was already beheaded. Having said that if it deters others from committing similar crimes then by all means nail him up.

See, there are a few things the west could learn from an Islamic state.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sounds good to me. Seems to be the perfect punishment for filthy pedophiles. They are the lowest form of human life and should be exterminated.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Which came first the chicken or the egg?

The barbarity of the state to teach citizens the notion of barbarity or the barbarity of the citizen to teach the state the notion of barbarity?

One heinous and deplorable crime begets another.

Ultimately the state is simply encouraging people to indulge their own bloodlust and revel in their own inner sadistic passions for the unthinkable and to rejoice in it through state sanctioned barbarous murder.

This of course in my humble opinion just serves to reinforce such desires in the minds of people who commit such crimes in the first place.

This is nothing put an invitation to pursue the amoral on grounds that it is somehow moral.

Bloodlust is bloodlust no matter what the nature of the reason that causes you such lust.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wasn't this the same country that allowed someone to marry and no doubt...use... a 9 year old not too long ago?

They may have strong religious beliefs that allow them to act harshly on criminals, but remember when they say it's ok to do wrong (in our eyes), it's ok...double edged sword

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Myself, I can not agree with the beheading and crucifixion of anyone. I think that is going extreme as far as punishment. I do agree that punishment needs to be harsh, and that there should be examples of punishments for those who are lawfully convicted of commiting such a crime, but for the extreme of doing such is not something I would agree to. Yes I do agree that children should be protected, but at the same time, there are more questions that are being raised up in my mind.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
yes now thats what im talking about

go saudis

thats exactly what we should do here

especially to those who gang rape people and other similar situations

as long as you are sure they are guilty, crucify em hang em behead em, leave em in the desert to die of exposure

itll make the next one think twice thats for damn sure

maybe find a way to behead them slowly so they dont die too quick and actually have to feel the agony of the head coming off the body

it would make for a lot less serious crimes. especially those that hurt your fellow human

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This just further emphasises how backward people in that region are, and i don't say that lightly, the whole region is backward.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
why all the trouble? shoot the guy in the head! it would quicken the process and make it easier to convict in the future. as long as this guy is really guilty of this stuff i really think that they, along with all other convicted child rapists should be drug outside and shot... simple, and i would do it for cheap, the shooting that is

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The typical argument in favor of this type of thing is that it helps to deter and prevent crime. I would have to say that this is obviously not true as they continually have a need to execute and disfigure people in new and creative ways.

If crucifixion was such a good deterant then where did the Romans find enough criminals to line the entire Appian Way?

I would also say that I doubt the Saudi justice system is as thorough as the US's

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
The typical argument in favor of this type of thing is that it helps to deter and prevent crime.

Screw that. In this case it's justice.

A 3 year old child raped and left to die in the desert, which they did. THREE YEARS OLD.

My need to coddle any feelings goes out the window when I see crap like that.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
The typical argument in favor of this type of thing is that it helps to deter and prevent crime. I would have to say that this is obviously not true as they continually have a need to execute and disfigure people in new and creative ways.

If crucifixion was such a good deterant then where did the Romans find enough criminals to line the entire Appian Way?

I would also say that I doubt the Saudi justice system is as thorough as the US's

you think crusifying some one is going to stop every child molester? its not just about deturing as much as its about hopeful deturant and bringing some justice...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I understand the passion of most the members but I must disagree. I believe the state must maintain the moral high ground and must not stoop to the level of the depraved and mentally ill, because it is a very slippery slope are founders new this and so included the eighth amendment to our constitution. I also believe the crucifixion is just a form of state terrorism as it does not punish the offender. I do not how ever advocate a lenient punishment the public must be protected from monsters.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Having survived abuse in my childhood, I for one abhor this kind of reaction.

Brutality is brutality, if a child abuser can abuse their own children what hope does anyone else's child have.. especially if they know that this is the consequence of being caught, it's not a deterrent.. these people are sick and will never stop.. they need to be locked away forever and ever.

I am only talking for myself but given the guilt that I already live with day to day is enough for me to handle, if I also had to deal with the guilt that *I* (even if I had no part in the legal process) had sent someone to be beheaded and crucified or any other death you care to pick, I very much doubt I would have made it through puberty.

You may have the justice you wish for society, but again, would you be prepared to do it at the cost of the victim? I can only ever speak for myself on this subject, but it would have been enough to know I (and others) were safe from further pain, with assurances that the perpetrator was locked away for ever would have been enough.

And most of the survivors I know feel the same way as I do.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I'm a survivor of a brutal sexual assault when I was very young. The guy was never caught, to my knowledge (he was a complete stranger). To this day I have peace of this event because I trust that the SOB who did it to me is in prison or is dead. But I got through my teen years fantasizing about the many ways I would love to see this man die in agony. I survived because I embraced that brutality. I didn't let it consume me. I didn't let the suicidal thoughts overwhelm me or tell me what to do.

I'm a survivor, too. I've no desire to see these offenders coddled or handled with kid gloves simply because as the victim I'm expected to be the one taking the moral high ground. I say forget that. I say screw ethics in cases like these. I'm not above demanding justice, I'm not above demanding an equal amount of pain and suffering be handed to my assailant. It doesn't make me an animal to demand that justice.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by sos37]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
May whatever-god-you-believe-in bless. Child molesters are at the top of my list of those needing slow, painful deaths. Yes, that is MY western view as a parent of a 12 year old girl. My ex-wife was molested by her father and it was kept hush till I came along, hence why she is my ex. That POS will not EVER see his granddaughter, and he better hope I never meet him in public by himself. The Wahabbi version of justice doesn't normally go with my beliefs , however this one strikes a chord. AS LONG AS HE WAS CONVICTED WITHOUT A DOUBT. Bah I'm sorry for the vitriolic rant guys. This subject just gets me worked up.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I am father of twin 3year old girls and I cannot even begin to fathom what went through this SOB's mind when he committed these crimes against this child. String him up for awhile. Let the public have their say and a few tosses of rotting produce then off with his head.

We are far to lenient on these types of people in the U.S. With crimes as heinous as this, I am all for severe punishment and death. Save us all a couple of bucks in the process.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join