Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Saudi court upholds child rapist crucifixion ruling

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Although I agree that he needs to be removed from the planet if he is guilty. I do not however believe beheading and crucifying him serves any purpose other than fulfilling some sick obsession with human mutilation.

I just don't understand the thought process of people who think a sick individuals actions warrant the executioners to be relieved of their human decency so they can one-up the original crime.

I say just 86 his ass from the planet and be done with it.

And yes, I get it that some want to make an example out of people like this. On the other hand, stop and think what kind of example it really sets if we start doing this to each other.

Mutilating each other should not be acceptable for ANY reason. Its sick!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I have no desire to see the offenders coddled as you put it and I personally want to see all of them locked up for even the slightest little thing for when it comes to abuse nothing will stop the sick f*cks. I want to see them banged up forever..

However I would never call you an animal for your view, I just have a different view to yours is all..

My abuse started very young, and indeed most of those I know have been programed during their abuse that they are not to tell, that they are to blame.. most abusers do an immense amount of damage with that programming. I know a fair number of people who are no longer alive today because of that damage.. for me that is murder.. indeed child abuse murders the child, it kills off what that child could be, which is unforgivable.

And I was just adding my thoughts that a number of survivors like myself would not be able to deal with the additional guilt associated with causing their perpetrators demise, especially when you consider the programming that has already taken place. So what I am talking about how the child would deal with the situation, I know with the programming I received that I would not have survived..

Like you I have planned a good number of ways in which to "repay" certain people.. however it isn't about moral high ground, it is simply about surviving, it is not how someone survives it is the fact they do survive that is important.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
How unfortunate!

I guess we should all feel bad for a child rapist huh? Well not me my friends. I have to apologize in advance, but as far as I am concerned these sorts of people are the ones who should be sent to prisons such as Gitmo and Abhu Grave.

The Saudi government will make a big statement with this ruling and perhaps it will help deter these sick sick human beings from doing these horrible things to children.

One between the eyes would have sufficed really but hey a beheading and crucifixion will make for more shock and awe value, and we all know how humans love shock and awe.

Let this be a lesson to those who wish to hurt our children and rob them of their innocence. Those of you who would say this is wrong, think to how you would feel if this had happened in your community to your own children, and your feelings will quickly change.

So long as they did PROVE he was guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt (no innocent man deserves this) then I see no problem.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I do have a problem with this, and it did happen to me, just as others it happens to have a different point of view to me.. I prefer the idea of sending them all to Gitmo :-) that feels about right to me.. but it would have to be forever..

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

justice? Really? Will this "justice" bring those kids back, or restore their innocence? Seems unlikely.

Justice is not a barbaric act stacked on top of another... This monster isn't taught a thing, nor is it a deterent to the true monsters out there.

It was retribution, nothing more. ...and it reduces those to the level of the monster they're supposedly punishing. Society is not served. Kill the monster? Fine. Shoot him in the back of the head, finished. One less monster in the world. Chop of his head? I suppose. Then crucify? What purpose is served? Horrifying people who have done nothing wrong. The true monsters will not be deterred.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I just thought of something...

How many here have children? I do. I see nothing wrong with this form of punishment.

I wonder how many of the bleeding hearts have children?
I can't imagine too many PARENTS disagreeing with the sentence.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No parents would have an issue with a barbaric punishment such as this? Beg to differ. Though I'm not a parent, I know several sets of parents who'd be more than slightly put off by this.

A monster such as this is incapable of seeing the wrong of his actions, he's insane in every sense of the term. What do you do with a mad dog? You shoot it, put it out of it's misery, and ours, for the public good. The actions taken against a pedophile should be the same. Simple, straight forward, and yes, merciful. Quick, and it's over.

What good is done by torture? Save damaging the torturer, and those unfortunate enough to witness it?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
seems this verdict gets people excited

I think they should peel one arm with a carrot peeler and salt it.
Prick the eyes with needles and prick the ear drums with large nails.
Then slit in between each toe and drop the feet (while still attached)
into a cage of hungry rats.
Then force his mouth open and dump a handful of widows down his throat.
Force gallons or alcohol up each nostril...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
What good is done by torture? Save damaging the torturer, and those unfortunate enough to witness it?

Who said anything about Torture?

A Beheading is swift and clean. It's over in a second. Much quicker than a hanging or gassing or even the Electric chair.

The Crucifixion as I stated earlier seemed over the top.

Edit to ADD: The article said the beheading would happen first then the Crucifixion. {He's already dead by that point} I guess that part is for a warning for the masses.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I just thought of something...

How many here have children? I do. I see nothing wrong with this form of punishment.

I wonder how many of the bleeding hearts have children?
I can't imagine too many PARENTS disagreeing with the sentence.

I have five children my friend, and the last thing I want to be responsible for them learning is sadistic barbarism.

If all it takes is a good enough reason to make people indulge in mutilation, decapitation, and cucifixtion in a lustfull way then you have succumbed to the exact behavior you condemn.

That the State can sanction it, and condone it? Only speaks to a frightening power of the state to tap into people's emotional predilictions and not their intellectual ones.

Mob rule is ugly rule and I have watched as I risked my own life to protest the actions of a mob beat an accused rapist to death.

The accuser turned out to be his wife, his actual crime turned out to be trying to sneak out of the house with the week's grocery money to buy crack coc aine which prompted her to follow him out on the street and cry rape in hopes this would stop him.

It stopped him alright, beaten to death by a quickly formed mob all to happy to throw in a blow or two for emotional reasons not factual ones.

It took less than five minutes when the police arrived on the scene all there was left to do is to call the coroner and listen to the pathetic story of a sobbing widow.

At the height of the incident 22 people were participating and I was the only one speaking against it and trying to stop it and took a few blows myself in the attempt.

What you speak of is not justice it's blind insanity and the cruelest form of sadism.

Same thing the rapist did. How does that make you or society better?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't know how I feel about this, to be honest.

It is a brutal sentence that I find as barbaric as the beheadings discussed in a different thread here... However, when it comes to child-rape/abuse, I find myself quite willing to support any number of brutal sentences. Emotional response? Perhaps. However, how to protect children (and how to sentence those who harm them) is and always will be, an emotional issue.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Cool.

Thanks for replying.

So far it's 1 parent for and 1 against.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I certainly understand where you are coming from, I agree that it is barbaric and does nothing to further our society or the victim's families.

There is just something however, I can't put my finger on it, that makes me smile everytime I hear of a child rapist being given the same kind of torture he gave to those poor souls.

It's unfortunate, and I am not proud of this sentiment, it actually makes me a little sick upon further thought, but it is something that is engraved in me, much like racism in other people.

I just have this unholy hatred for these people and I don't think any action done to these people would make me cringe as much as what they did to deserve it.

Now in your example listed above, I would have been right there beside you attempting to help this man who had not received fair trial but was at the mercy of a wife who wanted nothing but emotional release for his previous and current actions.

It's an unfortunate world we live in, humans are creatures of emotion and instinct and one of the things we do best is finding new and crueler ways to hurt each other.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I don't know how I feel about this, to be honest.

It is a brutal sentence that I find as barbaric as the beheadings discussed in a different thread here...

Great point.
However that's not how they would carry out the sentence. The videos in question were designed to strike terror. A state beheading is done quickly and swiftly with a single chop like the guillotine. Not with a large Kitchen knife.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I was, in essence, replying to the members who are, indeed, advocating just that very thing. Torture.

Beheading is quick alright. I saw an accidental beheading thirty plus years ago...someday the nightmares, God willing, will stop. Why not just shoot the bastard and have done? Less traumatic to the poor people who get to witness it. To this day, the sight of human blood is not something I handle well...

Remember, in dealing with pedophiles, you are dealing with insanity. It has no deterant value. We're agreed that he should indeed die...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Cool.

Thanks for replying.

So far it's 1 parent for and 1 against.

Here is the reality Slayer this does not protect Children it endangers them further. Many more pedophiles are now opting to kill their victims rather than risk life long sexual offender status and three strikes and you’re out laws by allowing their victims to live.

Retribution doesn't protect a child already harmed. It's too late for that.

The form of retribution chosen though can in fact imperil a future victim whose parents or an institution failed to protect.

The only thing retribution protects are irresponsible adults not wanting to put real intellectual thought into laws that protect children by holding the people who endangered them responsible for it as well instead of just the people who victimized them responsible for it.

As a parent I have made it my business to keep track of my children and restrict their freedom to place them selves in endangering situations.

That's protecting a child, not brutally murdering the person who already victimized an unprotected child.

As a parent my responsibility is to protect my children and I surely do!

If one my children were to be raped I would consider myself as much as fault as the person who did it, because I failed to protect them in my responsibility as a parent.

Are people in their rush to exercise retribution and blood lust protecting children or are they protecting their own conscious in regards to not better protecting children by acting out revenge.

The statistics of the new laws already point to a disturbing trend in child predators killing their victims to eliminate them as witnesses against them.

Explain to me how that protects Children as I surely would like to know.

Mine is not the heart that is bleeding, mine is the head that is thinking and asking the tough questions not the feel good solutions.

[edit on 3/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I disagree and I do have children and I am not a bleeding heart... tho I can understand why some parents would feel this way given the usual sentences handed out these monsters.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

This, people, is justice!

You mean vengeance.

This is exactly what should happen to those who rape and murder children. I hate that this horrible monster will have a swift death through beheading, however. My wish is that they would crucify the man before beheading him - leave him crucified and on display for all to see. Leave him to hang for hours in agony, remembering those he killed, the lives he's ruined.

Yep.. I was right... vengeance.

Only behead him once he is already close to death and then send him to face judgment again before God.

There is no God but you.

My heart weeps for these poor children. But it will never weep when justice is finally served.

in.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

See here is the issue with this. From a religious standpoint, that is so Old Testament... and from a psychological standpoint you are merely doing the same thing to this guy as he did to the kids... taking out your own vengeance.

Secondly, this doesn't solve anything... the article posted said there have been 40 such beheadings this year alone.

I grieve for the kids as well. Which is why I won't allow my animal mind to stoop to the same level as their aggressor.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I see. Thanks for clarifying.

I do not have sympathy for anyone who would do something like this and do agree that "removing" him is what is necessary and deserved. Whether such a sentence is a deterrant or not may be of debate, but what is not of debate is that this sentence equals "one less"...

[edit on 3-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

No parents would have an issue with a barbaric punishment such as this? Beg to differ. Though I'm not a parent, I know several sets of parents who'd be more than slightly put off by this.

In fact the parents of the girl who was raped in California recently expressed the same sentiment... they said STOP THE VIOLENCE.

They said if you are outraged then go volunteer or something... but they wanted to stop the cycle of violence.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution