It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Human Metropolis Found in Africa

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind
reply to post by Essan

you could laugh ooor you could look at the fact that the japanese had aluminum centuries before it was able to be produced with the electricity needed to change it from a compound to pure aluminum. where did they get the tech from?

They didn't.

Contrary to popular opinion, aluminum has been found in nugget form. It's extremely rare, but it's out there.

Aluminum was rarer than gold in those days. Only very rich people had any of it.

I worked in the aluminum industry for twenty years.

Harte

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The Orion’s belt thing puzzles me. Don't the constellations rotate through the sky during the year and appear at different angles each night? I know I saw Orion much more prominent in the summer than now.

And why do the aurthors think the threestones line up with Orion in the first place? I'll go with Aristophenes on this one, I think the rocks lined up with three clouds that looked like stones on the day they were set up. Maybe a prophesy about noah's coming flood.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
Thats a website for you take a look, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHOS HEARD OF RADIOCARBON DATING>?

No.

Nor are you the only person here that appears to know almost nothing about C14 dating.

You can't go back more than around 60,000 years with radiocarbon dating.

Harte

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by urwatu8

The stars appear to rotate over time, at about 1 degree per 72 years. The article in question suggests they rotate vertically, which I believe is incorrect. From what I understand they appear to rotate horizontally.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

I just couldn't see these faces at first but now it's obvious to me. It could be A&E or indeed two species cementing friendship through a symbolic kiss and/or alluding to interbreeding along the lines of what Sitchin proposes.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Trouble is, 160,000 years ago there was no constellation of Orion to 'rise' ..... stars move.

And how does he know he aligned the right boulders with the right stars? I bet there are at least 10,000,000 other possible alignments. And in fact, it can probably be proven the 'ruins' date to 2,500 year in the future

Agreed.

And also, what criteria did they use when they decided that the stones in that stone circle (one of several thousand such "observatories" around the world and so easy to make that children could lay them out) had to align with Orion's belt when it was "flat against the horizon?"

I mean, the tops of the three stones aren't even. Why would the stars need to be "flat against the horizon" in order to align?

Bogus, I sez.

Harte

[edit on 11/3/2009 by Harte]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Amazing story/find so amazing I don't know if I believe it or not or what to believe about the site. Not sure where all the proof is(oh yeah the anonymous guy again). I don't think it was the cradle of civilization just because they mined gold there for thousands of years as hypothesized.Too many questions. Did you guys feel that? I think my paradigm just shifted.The reasoning behind the dating can be strongly debated but it's hard to debate an anonymous source. Either way amazing find no matter how old it really is.Too many holes in the theories of dating this site according to stone monoliths and stars. More research and investigations need to be done to get an accurate dating IMO.Cheers.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Yep, I agree. Though I still wonder who made the site.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue Nov 3 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

I think very few people understand that a panel of Peer's are all in the same consensus on how things 'should' and 'must' be in order for things to work !

Did they change the motto around here?

Harte

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by osiris9510
reply to post by urwatu8

The stars appear to rotate over time, at about 1 degree per 72 years. The article in question suggests they rotate vertically, which I believe is incorrect. From what I understand they appear to rotate horizontally.

the stars rotate around polaris (which is actually about a degree off of center)

the stars follow the same path in the sky as the sun. east to west.

go outside tonight and look at jupiter. you can see it high in the southern sky (about 40 to 50 degrees up). if you see it at 8o clock and then go back out at 12 you can see it moved.

the stars rotate at a pace that is equal to the sun. that is the full diameter of the apparent size (the size we see it in the sky from our location) of the sun every 2 minutes. this is actually quite fast for someone who thinks they are stationary.

and yes you can see different constellations at different times of year.

edit: also polaris is what ever degree latitude you are at. if you are 32degrees north like me. then polaris is 32 degrees up due north. if you are at north pole then its 90 degrees straight up

[edit on 11/3/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fedge

Well, it should be obvious why very few have posted pics about the issues they are talking about.
Nobody is really talking about the issues laid on the table anymore, but about the little realities we all seem to have in our own little minds. Everyone is talking about what they believe not about what is actually there. You can't post pics for those. Most times we can't even logically convince someone else that what we believe in is real.
200.000 year old ruins?

Another wild claim with no proof whatsoever and no one ever tries to question the motives. It seems like nobody ever does in this day and age. We are so caught up in our own little beliefs that everything else looks so irrelevant.

This is the "evidence" that these ruins are 200.000 old:
www.viewzone.com...

According to the discoverer they suppose to be aligned with Orion relative to the precession cycles as it would be seen from the night sky 200.00 years ago.
These rocks supposed to have remained there untouched 200.000 years ago, including every small rock, because too according to the graphic presentation they seem too play an important role in this type of "calendar".
Give me a break!
Even despite the fact that the discoverer admits he found one of those (and that was one of the biggest) not where it should have been but in some distance quite far from this grouping where he proceeded to place it back because he found an impression this rock should had left in the ground.

Can we say far fetched? I would say extremely FAR FETCHED!
Even if indeed was 200.000 years old where is the evidence humans inhabited it? Certainly there are ruins of habitats but did we ever build things this way?
Another claim versus the discoverers would be that city is not 200.000 years old is much much newer and was inhabited but not by humans.
Who can prove me wrong?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Yes yes there are changes in the night sky every night since the earth is rotating. What I'm referring to is the 26,000 year "great" rotation of the constellations.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Thats a intreasting find.I will check it out on google earth myself.Anyway i may have found some intreasting in the forests of Ethiopia.Corordinates of the location are 7'50'01.81"N -35'15'54.23"E at 12260 feet.Even though sometimes ground tarrian can be very tricky.In the centre of the map shot are theses squares joined togeather like buildings.I would like to know what you opinion of this map picture is and what you think of this strange pattern in the forest of Ethiopia.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by osiris9510

Yes yes there are changes in the night sky every night since the earth is rotating. What I'm referring to is the 26,000 year "great" rotation of the constellations.

i just added to what you were saying.

not trying to discredit you

BUT the rotation makes the days, and the wobble of the precession is the "great rotation"

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by osiris9510

It isn't really a single site. It is a lot of separate structures which cover a large area. Many of the actual structures utilize existing natural formations, thus the irregularity.

The principles of construction, the use of stone and cement are the same as in the "elliptical" kraal; there is no definite plan, the shape and arrangement of the enclosures being determined solely by the natural features of the ground.
www.1911encyclopedia.org...

The builders were most likely to be the Bantu who began moving into the area a few centuries ago.
www.joburg.org.za...

[edit on 11/3/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was referring to the "Orion-aligned" site.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Ah yes...my replies tend to get disconnected from time to time. Overdose of ATS!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I used to think Sitchin and all of his fanciful storytelling were fun and interesting, but over time they've become tedious, ridiculous, and worst of all, illogical.

A group of highly advanced space explorers decide that the best way to find and mine gold is to genetically engineer people to do it? Really? They can't just use high pressure pumps and water like we do? They don't bother engineering animals like groundhogs or worms or even bacteria that already live in the ground? They don't just use ray guns? Really?

Do they have a fusion space drive? Then maybe they should just make their own gold. We can in small quantities. Or are we smarter than them already?

And they're going to use gold to save the atmosphere of their planet? They do know that gold is lousy at mixing with gasses, and also has a tendency to fall, I hope. Otherwise, they might want to try using some other kind of greenhouse gas, which we have more than enough of these days.

Come on, folks. Use some common sense and logic. We all like cool stories. But Sitchin's are just not that cool. In fact, they're pretty stupid.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by 2000 Yards]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

Similar to the famous Incas of South America, this ancient society had a healthy appetite for gold, which was mined in the immediate vicinity,

As I recall, they mined the gold for the visitors from the sky,awaiting their return to collect it ?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The builders were most likely to be the Bantu who began moving into the area a few centuries ago.

See, there you go again I was just going to post how these structures are reminiscent of the photographs of mars and you kick me in the bollocks.
Now I have to put my ill informed ignorant imagination back in its' wee box lol

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join