It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Human Metropolis Found in Africa

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I found this article yesterday and thought I would post it here to see what you all think. I did a search here on ATS but couldn't find anything related so...

ARTICLE LINK

Source Link

[SNIP]

And Google Earth coordinates :

Carolina -- 25 55' 53.28" S / 30 16' 13.13" E
Badplaas -- 25 47' 33.45" S / 30 40' 38.76" E
Waterval -- 25 38' 07.82" S / 30 21' 18.79" E
Machadodorp -- 25 39' 22.42" S / 30 17' 03.25" E

I took a look myself and found some quite interesting formations and ruines...

Mod Edit: Snipped quoted text due to copyright restrictions.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
1500 square MILES?

Holy cow that's huge.

Well, thanks for bringing this up, that's, if true, some really MAJOR information.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunatyx

and appears to have been constructed -- are you ready -- from 160,000 to 200,000 BCE!

Just amazing, the exact time they say the anunnaki where here making humans, I am soo exited...

Monkeys build it ??

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Heheh, page 3 (Edit from 2), they drew the same conclusion, in away, I hope this soon gets blown wide open..

Link Source

Who made the metropolis? Why?

It would seem that humans have always valued gold. It is even mentioned in the Bible, describing the Garden of Eden's rivers:
Genesis 2:11 -- The name of the first [river] is Pishon; it flows around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold.

South Africa is known as the largest gold producing country of the world. The largest gold producing area of the world is Witwatersrand, the same region where the ancient metropolis is found. In fact nearby Johannesburg, one of the best known cities of South Africa, is also named "Egoli" which means the city of gold.

It seems highly probable that the ancient metropolis was established because of its proximity to the largest supply of gold on the planet. But why would ancient people work so hard to mine gold? You can't eat it. It's too soft to use for tool making. It isn't really useful for anything except ornaments and its physical beauty is on a par with other metals like copper or silver. Exactly why was gold so important to early homo sapiens?

To explore the answer we need to look at the period of history in question -- 160,000 to 200,000 years BCE -- and learn what was happening on planet Earth.

What were humans like 160,000 years ago?
Modern humans, homo sapiens, can trace our ancestry back through time to a point where our species evolved from other, more primitive, hominids. Scientists do not understand why this new type of human suddenly appeared, or how the change happened, but we can trace our genes back to a single female that is known as "Mitochondrial Eve".

Mitochondrial Eve (mt-mrca) [Right: An artist's rendition] is the name given by researchers to the woman who is defined as the matrilineal most recent common ancestor (MRCA) for all currently living humans. Passed down from mother to offspring, all mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) in every living person is derived from this one female individual. Mitochondrial Eve is the female counterpart of Y-chromosomal Adam, the patrilineal most recent common ancestor, although they lived at different times.

Mitochondrial Eve is believed to have lived between 150,000 to 250,000 years BP, probably in East Africa, in the region of Tanzania and areas to the immediate south and west. Scientists speculate that she lived in a population of between perhaps 4000 to 5000 females capable of producing offspring at any given time. If other females had offspring with the evolutionary changes to their DNA we have no record of their survival. It appears that we are all descendants of this one human female.

Mitochondrial Eve would have been roughly contemporary with humans whose fossils have been found in Ethiopia near the Omo River and at Hertho. Mitochondrial Eve lived significantly earlier than the out of Africa migration which might have occurred some 60,000 to 95,000 years ago.

[right] The region in Africa where one can find the greatest level of mitochondrial diversity (green) and the region anthropologists postulated the most ancient division in the human population began to occur (light brown). The ancient metropolis in located in this latter (brown) region which also corresponds to the estimated age when the genetic changes suddenly happened.

Could this be a coincidence?

Ancient Sumerian history describes the ancient metropolis and its inhabitants!
I'll be honest with you. This next part of the story is difficult to write. It's so shocking that the average person will not want to believe it. If you are like me, you'll want to do the research yourself, then allow some time for the facts to settle in your mind.

We are often made to believe that the Egyptians -- the Pharoahs and pyramids -- are where our known history begins. The oldest dynasties go back some 3200 years BP. That's a long time ago. But the Sumerian civilization, in what is now Iraq, is much older. What's more, we have translated many of their history tablets, written in cuneiform and earlier scripts so we know a lot about their history and legends.

The seal image [above] depicts the legend of the "Great Flood" which consumed mankind. Many Sumerian legends are strikingly similar to Genesis. Like Genesis, the Sumerian legend, Atrahasis, tells the story of the creation of modern humans -- not by a loving God -- but by beings from another planet who needed "slave workers" to help them mine gold on their extra-planetary expedition!

[edit on 3/11/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Sigh...guess somethings never change...money lovers:

The area is significant for one striking thing -- gold. "The thousands of ancient gold mines discovered over the past 500 years, points to a vanished civilization that lived and dug for gold in this part of the world for thousands of years," says Tellinger.

What we need to do is find the ROOTS of humanity where we all lived to be 1,000 years old, instantly heal each other, fly, etc.

The day WILL come.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Thought this video would interest you in relation to gold, I would however recommend the book should the video pique your interest.

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This is fascinating to say the least! I've been wondering when they would start finding new evidence to improve our current accepted anthropological theories that in my opinion are made of flaws and incoherences.

This looks like it! Big missing piece of the puzzle.

Could anyone post some images from Google Earth? Im unable to acces Google Earth from where I'm at. I would appreciate it very much.

reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

I think everything changes and indeed is bound to change.

Some day we will learn. Or are we going to remain completely negligent to the fact that we as humans exist for thousands of years and in these thousands of years that we are totally driven by greed and accumulation of wealth we have been destroyed and vanquished over and over?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
fascinating find, the boundaries of our human past keep going further backwards.. 200,000 bc is A LONG TIME!

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
And the evidence for the age of this structures is ...... ?

Presumably the date is based on when the soap opera space aliens were supposed to have landed here to dig for gold with their super advanced stone axes and antler picks

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Still the hypotesis is more than interesting.
I don´t believe for a minute that our civilization is the first here on earth.

6000 years old?(Ours)

....to many lose ends!

This makes perfect sence concidering the spheres wich also where found in South Africa.

www.talkorigins.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I'm failing to find any other source verifying these findings other than viewzone, which in itself seems a very 'sketchy' source in some respects.

It's part of an even larger community that is about 10,000 square miles and appears to have been constructed -- are you ready -- from 160,000 to 200,000 BCE!

What method of dating did they use to conclude this?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The problem that I have with this report is the following:

"Maputo, formerly Lourenço Marques/Lourenzo Marques, is the capital and largest city of Mozambique."

Maputo is not and never has been in South Africa!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Google search here: www.google.com.au...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

Results, here:

Mozambique — Capital: Maputo
According to www.concern.net...

Here:

Maputo is the Mozambique Capital with a plenty of wonders for the tourists.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

According to the article - 150 miles west of Maputo.

Also mentioned are google earth coordinates:

Carolina -- 25 55' 53.28" S / 30 16' 13.13" E
Badplaas -- 25 47' 33.45" S / 30 40' 38.76" E
Waterval -- 25 38' 07.82" S / 30 21' 18.79" E
Machadodorp -- 25 39' 22.42" S / 30 17' 03.25" E

There are all small towns in South Africa.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Very interesting, hopefully there will be a better source. Ya never know, considering how old it is they could use this in the anticipated 'disclosure' of ancient aliens on earth. That would seem like a more easing way to introduce ET to population.

I have taken some closer screen shots of the coordinates.

General overview:

Zoom on all 4 coords:

This i thought was pretty cool, it near the far right location, it looks like a face in the circle possible kissing something else. Wonder what it is! It's only about 2300ft wide:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Thats a great find, Why hasn't the international news jumped on something as big this?

Are they being hushed?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is interesting but there needs to be more sources to confirm the actual dating of this site

If this is true...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
reply to post by Lunatyx

and appears to have been constructed -- are you ready -- from 160,000 to 200,000 BCE!

Just amazing, the exact time they say the anunnaki where here making humans, I am soo exited...

Monkeys build it ??

As well - what was the civilization doing there??? - "GOLD Mines" all around!! - Hmmmm WOW - Just WOW -

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If you read further into the article (link below the page) they explain how it was dated by comparing the so called 'Adam's calendar' stones with the position of Orion's belt...
I'm not gonna state an opinion on the reliability of this dating method, but anyway a beautiful find. S&F for bringing this to attention, thanks!

I've read other testimonies that speak of civilizations going back this far in time - in my opinion me it's certainly plausible...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hdchop

As well - what was the civilization doing there??? - "GOLD Mines" all around!! - Hmmmm WOW - Just WOW -

Check out the video I posted earlier in the thread, Lawrence Gardner is proposing something very very interesting in relation to gold and its' uses.

To my mind one of the most important questions he asks is where is all the gold why is there so little in circulation, what he alludes to as an answer is quite astounding.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join