It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Human Metropolis Found in Africa

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
And the evidence for the age of this structures is ...... ?

Presumably the date is based on when the soap opera space aliens were supposed to have landed here to dig for gold with their super advanced stone axes and antler picks

there is a whole page about the proccess of the dating of the site here.
dating of the site

The first rough calculation was at least 25,000 years ago. But new and more precise measurements kept increasing the age. The next calculation was presented by a master archaeoastronomer who wishes to remain anonymous for fear of ridicule by the academic fraternity. His calculation was also based on the rise of Orion and suggested an age of at least 75,000 years. The most recent and most acurate calculation, done in June 2009, suggests an age of at least 160,000 years, based on the rise of Orion -- flat on the horizon -- but also on the erosion of dolerite stones found at the site.

Some pieces of the marker stones had been broken off and sat on the ground, exposed to natural erosion. When the pieces were put back together about 3 cm of stone had already been worn away. These calculation helped assess the age of the site by calculating the erosion rate of the dolerite.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It makes you wonder if we won't suffer the same fate. That someday in the very distant future, whatever humans become, they will look back at this period and any artifacts remain and try to make sense of it all.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Trouble is, 160,000 years ago there was no constellation of Orion to 'rise' ..... stars move.

And how does he know he aligned the right boulders with the right stars? I bet there are at least 10,000,000 other possible alignments. And in fact, it can probably be proven the 'ruins' date to 2,500 year in the future

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Thank you , I am half way thru.

Wierd how things like this only gets talked about by people that must spread the information by them selfs.

Just like Lloyd Pye, which is close to having the cash he needs to do the new DNA testing on his Skull, people like that who goes against what the govt. wants you to learn, do not get one dime to help fund the research..

Sad world I say, ofcourse some people are scared #les of the thought of humans Not being the Only living creature in the universe with a brain capasity to to other things than climb trees...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

These calculation helped assess the age of the site by calculating the erosion rate of the dolerite.

Maybe I'm wrong here but but when a large stone is broken into smaller stones doesn't the rate of overall erosion increase due to the increased amount of surface area exposed to the elements? For instance, the time it takes to melt a whole stick of butter at a certain temperature will be longer than the amount of time needed to melt the same amount of butter that has been cut into 15 pieces.

Not that I've done the math but wouldn't a large stone, broken in two, erode at about twice the rate of a solid stone of the same size?

This is also assuming that the stones in "Adam's Calendar" are meant to represent the three stars of Orion's belt as they were when they rose flat against the horizon, but again this is speculation.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Utopian
This is a fairly well known phenomenon here in South Africa. Unfortunately due to science not fitting the current status quo there are very few if any archaeologists willing to investigate these sites.

Another amazing site is located about 160 Miles north of these. It is the ancient city of Zimbabwe. When the black Africans migrated south they discovered this place, which had already been standing for thousands of years. They believed that the gods built it…. Sound familiar.

en.wikipedia.org...

Dead on dude, what happends is that the people speaking out is wacko's and they get austrasized (?) and lose their jobs etc.
Do you have any personal knowledge of the mines in africe where they found uranium or plutonium, the 'official' experts said it was just a freak thing of the nature and accedently turned out to act like reactors that created depleted plutonium...Hmm, or , some say they made it like that to make the plutonium, which were used in the Nukes that supposedly were used to Nuke sumeria 'in the days of Old'..

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

I'm no expert on stones my self, but I wouldnt think a stone split in two would errode any faster, it is still stone.

You would have two stones erroding I suppose.

I would imagine the surface the where split would have a younger date as that part of the stone would have been inside the stone and protected by the stone it self...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Not sure of the name of the city.
But, Enlil and Enki were on two places, one in iraq and one in africa.

Enlil i think it was, got upset that Enki had better 'workers' and he flew down there and 'stole' some from his brother..
Something along those lines.. (Thats why I think Enki and Enlil turned out to be God and Allah in the religious sence.)
Muslims vs Christians Enki's peoplle vs Enlil's People, why the wars dont stop etc.. Just ranting here...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I'm not arguing against you personally, I just don't think it's a very accurate dating system, especially when you consider that the assumed age is many times older than all of human civilization, a history which follows a fairly consistent evolution of technology.

If 1 + 1 = 135 then you must have done something wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm no astronomer, so bare with me.

The stones shown in the graphic aligning with Orion's Belt would align today or 160,000 years ago (according to the graphic). It's just that 160,000 they would align horizontally and vertically. (again, according to the graphic) This isn't very conclusive for an accurate date. Using this logic they could align anywhere vertically and still have acceptable results.

Besides, its my understanding that stars rotate horizontally during the Great Procession (25,920 yrs, 72 yrs per 1 degree), which means we should see a shift horizontally, not vertically as shown in the graphic. If that's the case, then either the site is very young (

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by osiris9510

I'd have to agree and see no reason why we shouldn't date this structure to the same time period as other similar structures such as Stonehenge

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Is there any independent confirmation of this? Have the conclusions been peer-reviewed.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Cause that would be doing the same mistake all over agian, just stamping it to the StoneAge area because it would make it easier on every one, and more history would be hidden and the path to the truth of human origines would be 'covered up' again, Im sure that is not how you see it, but I do.

Every time something comes along that can prove the 'official' teachings wrong, it should be hidden away, and I think that is wrong..

And I dont take things said on a forum Personal
, just fire away. I know I sound like an idiot, but my wife loves me regardless and that is enough for me !

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Trouble is, 160,000 years ago there was no constellation of Orion to 'rise' ..... stars move.

Not entirely true, Orion in its current configuration has been around for about 1.5 million years. So unless you're referring to the effects of precession, Orion was most definitely a constellation.

Not to be a "spotlight ranger" or anything, just thought I'd clarify for anyone wondering.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dallas18
This i thought was pretty cool, it near the far right location, it looks like a face in the circle possible kissing something else. Wonder what it is! It's only about 2300ft wide:

It's called Center-pivot irrigation, and is one of the most common bigscale ways of watering farmland.

You'll find those all over the world where they plant stuff. Artificial irrigation, they put a pivot in the middle and a long pole with holes in it which is fed with water, being moved around by an engine.

For more info, check out: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Is there any independent confirmation of this? Have the conclusions been peer-reviewed.

Ohno, the P word, can t stand the word Peer-Reviewed, reminds me off people debating GW and Monkey theory...

I think very few people understand that a panel of Peer's are all in the same consensus on how things 'should' and 'must' be in order for things to work !
If there were people like Lloyd Pye and maybe Jason Martell on the PR board, I could start taking it abit more serious..

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The problem with carbon dating it's what people have been saying, it cant date Rocks, so any structure cant be dated (pyramids , etc) they can only date what its around the structures (people left lot of stuff, death animals, ceramic, fires, and so on) and that can be dated the problem is that maybe the structure is thousands of years old and the people got there after it was already build and make cities around the structures, so you date what people where doing around the structures but maybe the structure itself its much older.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What I think is interesting is all the Gold around the site, the question to me is what came first the chicken or the egg. Was the gold always there, as it is said it was formed in the the very begining of earth (well time for that matter as it would be present in the big bang), or did this civilization bring in an abundenent amount of some form of either gold or other elements needed for the fabrication of gold.
One area that i dont think is up for debate is all elements heavier than helium (that is 90 out of 92) are made in the core of stars. Gold is no exception.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Wow, this is definitely exciting for those of us who believe that ancient civilization was far, far more advanced than we are led to believe. It could also lend additional evidence as to the idea that Earth was formerly inhabited by other worldly beings who gave us the knowledge and no-how to build such a city.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yes, Enki occupied Africa (the "headquarters" was located in what is now Egypt) and Enlil was in Mesopotamia (Iraq).

Enlil taking some of Enki's workers is said to be the backdrop of the story of the exit from the Garden of Eden.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join