It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Human Metropolis Found in Africa

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Movhisattva
reply to post by NoJoker13

Eh, I believe the article states it wasn't dated by radio carbondating:

calculation was presented by a master archaeoastronomer who wishes to remain anonymous for fear of ridicule by the academic fraternity. His calculation was also based on the rise of Orion and suggested an age of at least 75,000 years. The most recent and most acurate calculation, done in June 2009, suggests an age of at least 160,000 years, based on the rise of Orion -- flat on the horizon -- but also on the erosion of dolerite stones found at the site.

link

He better keep hiding. This is the worst sort of embracing ignorance there is. I smell a book, a video and yet another crappy pseudoscience website in the near future.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am sorry, but that wall looks too intact to be a 100k years old.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have got info about this on a regular basis from Michael Tellingers newsletter...

Very interesting stuff...

Micheal Tellinger's official website has lots of info
www.slavespecies.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

Wrong....first, your foundation isn't 10 feet deep. Typically, they are below the frost line or between 3-5 feet. Now if you happen to live in a swamp, your foundation/pylons would be much deeper.
When dates are discussed, the type of construction and era of said construction are taken into consideration. So, if they were examining your 6 year old house they would use such information in determining the age.
By the way, thought your previous post was quite funny....took the wind out of their sails, lol. Poking fun on a serious topic is just that, fun.
Let's not forget, that by not looking at all the angles of the subject, just leaves us looking at the same old, same old....the earth is flat theories for the next 100 years. I truly hope that we get some answers within my lifetime.

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I know diddley about archaeology or gold production but ,

if this site was as old as hypothesized , wouldn't it be well and truly

buried by dust accumulation ?

...and doesn't sea water contain a significant amount of gold

in solution? ... too many loose ends so far .

..a reliable carbon date of 60,000 years would be a useful start

though.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks

Originally posted by osiris9510
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Yes yes there are changes in the night sky every night since the earth is rotating. What I'm referring to is the 26,000 year "great" rotation of the constellations.

i just added to what you were saying.

not trying to discredit you

BUT the rotation makes the days, and the wobble of the precession is the "great rotation"

And just to add to that: There are there are four reasons I can think of for apparent star movement:
1. Earth rotation (24hrs)
2. Earth orbit around sun (seasonal)
3. Change in Earth's axis angle to Polaris ~25 deg (full cycle 41,000 years)
4. The stars (and our sun) moving through space with different paths relative to each other. (thousands to millions of years)
Just my 2 cents....

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
this sorta reminds me of a video i saw in my ancient world history class. it said around a half million years ago europe went through an ice age while africa went into an extreme drought. the peoples of europe evolved into neandrathals while the ones in africa were more like us modern humans. the human race was on the brink of extinction so the ones that were alive travelled to the southern tip of africa to find food. it seems like it would have taken a few hundred thousand years to repopulate the earth, so i'd believe that they could have built a giant metropolis in that region.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Does anyone recall that this was the City on Enki? son of Anu, brother of Enlil.

This was his city in which he mined gold and sent it toward Sumer for processing and Transfer to Nibiru. *It was later referred to as Hades in Greek Mythology. This information was found in the ancient clay tablets of Sumer and in Akkadian and Babalonian text, if my memory serves me still.

Zacharia Stichin's 12th Planet Series.

Just what I was thinking.......

Two Sumarian's, Enlil and Enki were sent to Earth to oversee the mission of mining gold. Enlil and Enki were the son's of Anu, translated "supreme Lord of the Sky".

The mining was relocated from Mesopotamia to South Africa (Ab-zu). After some time the Anunnaki appointed to work the mines mutanied. It was at this time that Enki had the idea of creating a primitave worker. “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.” Enki was then granted permission to create a slave race for the Anunnaki.

Source= theanunaki.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 2000 Yards

Because some story guy caught up on an interesting idea and twisted it beyond belief that doesn't mean the original idea is not interesting. It doesn't mean that such hypothesis has no value, or that there is no chance of such a thing happening in a universe full of worlds as ours is supposed to be. I bet it wasn't his original idea anyway.
Since there might be a whole lot different species out there, so there might be a whole lot of different philosophies and approaches. A whole different kind of logic. We are probably going to find an amazing new world full of interesting interspecies conflicts for myriads of different unimaginable reasons to us.
Don't discredit a story just because the story teller was not able to keep your attention long enough.

reply to post by radarloveguy

Maybe that place was totally different 200.000 years ago, maybe not suitable for supporting housing conditions, but the discoverer never checked those things probably, else we would have seen his evidence.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunatyx

Has anyone made any links to the recent rise in gold prices and the many public ads to sell their gold. Maybe more gold is required somewhere for something?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunatyx

www.sciencedaily.com...
ScienceDaily: Your source for the latest research news and science breakthroughs -- updated daily
Science News
Share Blog Cite
Print Email Bookmark
160,000-year-old Fossilized Skulls From Ethiopia Are Oldest Modern Humans

ScienceDaily (June 12, 2003) — Berkeley -- The fossilized skulls of two adults and one child discovered in the Afar region of eastern Ethiopia have been dated at 160,000 years, making them the oldest known fossils of modern humans, or Homo sapiens.

This may be a connection. Is anyone familiar with this?

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Also, Please include a link with your external quotes.

[edit on Tue Nov 3 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skallagrimsson
I have got info about this on a regular basis from Michael Tellingers newsletter...

Very interesting stuff...

Micheal Tellinger's official website has lots of info
www.slavespecies.com...

Wow the website and book are already in play. Why am I not surprised.

...and the authors qualifications in the field of Archaeology...(Link)

Michael Tellinger graduated from Wits University in 1983 with a B.Pharm degree. While studying he spent most of his time moving within the entertainment circles performing on stage and screen. He started his career in Nick Taylor’s musical “Christian” at His Majesty’s theatre in 1980...

...In 1985 the duo recorded an album in Nashville, under the guidance of Terry Dempsey. During a year in Los Angeles he attracted the attention of various agents but because of the cultural boycott against white South African musicians, the duo was bluntly rejected...

...Michael continued his career as an actor and musician, appearing as one of the leads in South Africa’s first soapie called “Orpen House”...

Began a career in advertising as a writer and received a Clio award in New York in 1989 ...

...In 1997 Michael returned to music and launched Nebula BOS Records...

...In 2000 he was given his own weekly radio show on Cape Talk radio that dealt with science, innovation, technology and success stories...

...has written a number of screenplays but “Slave Species of god” is his first published non-fiction book...

Yes sir, we have another highly qualified expert on Archeology right here folks. A veritable giant in the field. On the list of the first people any University would call when they need a site dated. Could he in fact be the unnamed expert who dated this find based on Orion's Belt? Who knows, maybe one of his Actor buddies or musician friends?

Sorry but when I see such transparently phony science get this kind of attention and flagging it makes me wonder just how naive people really are.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Sorry but when I see such transparently phony science get this kind of attention and flagging it makes me wonder just how naive people really are.

Gotta agree.

However, the area is of intense interest lately. Here's some mmind-bending facts (and a few of my own blatherings):

Food for thought:

Modern humans have been in that area for as far back as 70,000 years, evidenced by the archaeological finds of inscribed red ochre Blombos Cave.

While excavating a cave near the southernmost tip of South Africa, U.S. and South African paleontologists discovered two pieces of ochre rock decorated with geometric patterns. The site, called Blombos Cave, is near the southern Cape shore of the Indian Ocean, nearly 200 miles of Cape Town, South Africa. Sophisticated dating techniques led the researchers to conclude that the artifacts date back more than 70,000 years. That is more than 35,000 years older than any other 'stone age' art.

www.accessexcellence.org...

As far as the ancestors of Modern Man goes:

A handful of the world's great cities trace their heritage to early human settlements thousands of years back. Johannesburg's earliest residents were in the neighbourhood 3-million years ago.
Forty kilometres west of the city, among nondescript koppies, scattered shrubs and trees, is a 47 000-hectare valley known as the Cradle of Humankind.

www.southafrica.info...

Modern man. The first people to live in the area were the San, who I'm reading about right now in Lewis-Williams book, San Spirituality, which studies the artifacts and rituals of these very ancient people.

The earliest representatives of South Africa's diversity - at least the earliest we can name - were the San and Khoekhoe peoples (otherwise known individually as the Bushmen and Hottentots or Khoikhoi; collectively called the Khoisan). Both were resident in the southern tip of the continent for thousands of years before its written history began with the arrival of European seafarers.

And before that, modern human beings had lived here for more than 100 000 years

www.southafrica.info...

From San hunter/gatherers to Khoikhoi animal husbandry:

For thousands of years the lifestyle of the San hunter-gatherers remained undisturbed. However, about 2000 years ago there began a gradual but far-reaching revolution in the economic and social systems of some of the groups in the northern part of what is now known as Botswana, namely the acquisition of and rearing of livestock

www.rebirth.co.za...

My guess is that the enclosures were built by the Khoikhoi culture for holding cattle and sheep. The San eventually moved to the western portions while the Khoikhoi moved east.

There's a lot to learn in South Africa yet

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Oh this is silly, I have it on authority from religion that the Earth is only around 6000 years old.

This is interesting stuff, tks for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
we're like a bunch of motherless-fatherless children looking for our parents. any hint of them excite our very being.

we'll just have to wait for the politics of this universe to ban slavery, maybe then we'll know who our parents are. anyhow, i am impressed, they own slaves who also have slaves. makes me wonder how their wealth are measured.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexDJ
The problem with carbon dating it's what people have been saying, it cant date Rocks, so any structure cant be dated (pyramids , etc) they can only date what its around the structures (people left lot of stuff, death animals, ceramic, fires, and so on) and that can be dated the problem is that maybe the structure is thousands of years old and the people got there after it was already build and make cities around the structures, so you date what people where doing around the structures but maybe the structure itself its much older.

if the site's that old its too old for carbon dating. also any remains of organic material if they survived wud also not be able to be carbon dated, as wud be too old for the dating method to work.

they wud hav to use other dating methods.

stone erosion and precession doesnt seem to bad to me. maybe there are also others they cud use; altho if only stones remain, a bit difficult.

but if you cant date it, you certainly shudnt just assign it an young date cuz you dont know how else to fit it into history. thats v. unscientific.

personally, i think they shud listen to the archaeoastronomer (an expert) and also geologists, if they dont know how to date it. seems like they only listen to archaeoastronomers when it fits their theory. same thing happened with puma punku, which was dated that way to 15,000BC at least.

Also, why is an expert archaeoastronomer afraid to come forward with his opinion? is that what sort of soceity we live in? is THAT how we practice science? when experts are too scared to state their opinions for fear of ridicule? This in itself shows how terrible a state archaeology is in. if they wont listen to their own experts, and experts are too scared to even state their opinion publicly. and people wonder why i dont trust mainstream archaeology. it ignores or covers up anything that doesnt fit its pet theories.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by rapunzel222]

[edit on 3-11-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I guess slayer 69 hasn't chimed in here yet.
One site two three this is bitchen.
SnF

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

I suppose they didn't burn anything then???? Right...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I heard of this place from Michael Tellinger from another site that used him as a reference. I don't know if this points to this being the ancient mining facility of the Annunaki and the genetic engineering of man or just a very old and not dated well number of ancient stone corals. But lets ponder something. That is true if you wiki creation myths or flood myths, you will find that all cultures have a myth in their creation about coming from or above or whatever from a flood that receded and life started a knew. They all can't be making it up, unless you want to say that the Genesis one is right and the rest are wrong. But why don't scholars dive deeper into the other cultures creation myth besides having ethnocentric leanings. It's because if they do they will find out and rightly so that many of these other culture flood myths happened alot longer than 5,000 years ago (even Genesis which is a story from Sumeria but told with a slant toward the Hebrew faith, has the flood happening in a much older time). But this would destroy the cookie cutter all strings tied up linear progression of civilization by digging to deeply into these other cultures creation myths and even our own. You see just like with ministers and priests and other religious leaders, they pick and choose what best fit what they want to present.

Just like in academia, if they see data pointing out an anomaly in their reasoning or in what they discover they just ignore it or don't even acknowledge it. In essence it's by societal/career/personal editing of something that you either don't understand or know enough that it could destroy your theories. Something about our history is so dangerous even govt. don't want to acknowledge a simple fact. And that is we are survivors/rebuilders of a ancient golden past that doesn't exists but in folklore and ruins and stories due to some cataclysmic flood. And maybe during this golden past our teachers/gods from the stars where showing us how to do things. Then something happened (flood), they left and the survivors had to try to remember and pass down what was before and over the hundreds of generations fact became a story and story became legend and the legend became myth.

Also to follow up on the slave species thing, there's a man named Lloyd Pye (I'll post his website at the bottom) and he has an interesting theory that amounts to the same thing but looking at it from the science perspective and evolution. I don't believe in his planet Niburu or whatever, but he states also that man was genetically altered also because we don't fit the evolution timeline for the different species of apes. All of a sudden we poof appear. If you youtube his name and watch the 2 hours I believe presentation (broken up of course) of his argument you will start to wonder. Wonder why did we lose all of our body hair when in actuallity it could have helped us from getting sun poison/sun burned from radiation on this planet. What benefit did our bodies have over the other hominids on this planet, especially the neanderthals (alot stronger) and the gigantopythacas (about 8 feet tall). Both stronger and faster than us. As he said in a group we humans can be nasty and beat one of the other hominids, but one on one we where a 5 year old trying to beat up Arnold when he was in his day of lifting weights. He points out other things too that involve movement of population and such. It really made me think in a world 400,000 or 200,000 years ago that us humans and our bodies where better for survival compared to a much stronger and faster and just as smart (usually a predator has to think in order to get it's prey) hominid that could move us instead of us moving them to other areas of the world (areas of the world is a hint from parts of the video, when you see the presentation you will start to wonder alot).

www.Lloydpye.com

[edit on 3-11-2009 by hoghead cheese]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by yadda333

I suppose they didn't burn anything then???? Right...

True. Your gut was right to suggest further dating opportunities, (including charcoal) but every method has its limitations. Luckily there is often overlap. Google the subject...it's an interesting read and there is more out there...relative and absolute...than you might expect. A lot of it is pretty ingenious.

Still, as you surmise...the proponents of this 'discovery' are not trying very hard. And a lot of folks resent the interference of rational thought in the matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join