join

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
damn that's rad!

second line

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I'm always attracted to these topics. Thank you for the info. There were a couple there I had missed. I often wish I'd gone that direction in my studies.

I also think that understanding our roots and that we are all from the same breeding stock so to speak, is of great importance to our progress in humanity.

I'm a bit odd, or maybe not so odd, in that I think the Biblical - Man was created from the dust - and evolution are the same thing.

If I thought there was any credibility to the idea these sites were indeed that old, I'd be thrilled about the new knowledge.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I wonder if these are the same things we used to play on as children in Botswana. We never knew who really built the stuff. Hell, in passing memory, I often thought the grasslands had over taken them by now. Most of the play areas WE used, we dug out. Not far east of Gabarone. We and some of the black children would play together in these things we found. hunting games mostly. never thought they would be so significant. I bet if most of those kids were still there, or alive, they would be just as amazed. I do have to wonder if these are the same things in Botswana too. Old tunnels, and things especially in the mountain regions along the boarders. there was one spot I recall as a lad that was just an endless pit. We used to throw dead animals we found on the road in there after a prayer (we thought we were pulling their souls out to spare them from pain lol) and would 'bury' them in our special place. huh.. so those were really ancient gold mines. we NEVER would have thought. but then again, we were just children. amazing. we were performing burial rites on small animals that died (usually road kill) on ancient gold duggery eh? that definitely explains Francistown too i guess

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
can anyone say forerunners? i mean sure its not real. but it is getting more and more real. pretty soon i feel like we will find things so unexplainable that it could only be thought up first in a video game

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by ChemBreather

Thought this video would interest you in relation to gold, I would however recommend the book should the video pique your interest.

Google Video Link

Thank you for sharing that.

Really pulled together some other things I have been looking at lately.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The questions about the use or otherwise the need for gold, I read or heard in some book or.. memory fails from where, but memory good that it was needed to aerosol the upper atmosphere to block a stars increasing output of solar radiation for a civilized world.

Put that stuff as an atomized particle in an even layer (how I couldn't imagine) and rotate it to an orbital maintenance velocity and it could be a great radiation shield and give your star that nice golden glow!

If aliens where using the gold in quantities and not wearing it or guilding their ships or otherwise, it would be more likely mean it's use was more one of a practical use or elemental component. Maybe gold stabilizes element 115? Who knows? Gold is only made in supernovae atomic events. 115 could be similarly produced and related for good alloy capabilities.

At any rate, I thought it bore mentioning.

Interesting post. Still reading.

ZG

[edit on 11/3/2009 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Movhisattva

Originally posted by Utopian
Another amazing site is located about 160 Miles north of these. It is the ancient city of Zimbabwe. When the black Africans migrated south they discovered this place, which had already been standing for thousands of years. They believed that the gods built it…. Sound familiar.

en.wikipedia.org...

Beautiful! Haven't heard about that one yet... How come these sites don't get the attention they deserve? Is it because they're African? Because they don't fit our known ancient history? They're of great significance, IMO.

[edit on 3/11/09 by Movhisattva]
I believe that to be the very reason. The continent and peoples of africa , have long been disregarded, by Ptb and those that benefit from the mentality that comes with attributing no significance to someone or something. The proof is in the pudding, in terms of our own modern history.
The resources of that continent have been colonialized and removed, the people, seemingly in respect to S.Africa, are 3rd class citizens on their own lands. And though apartheid is officially done, my assumption, is that its practices aren't totally dead.
But that aside, this find, should it be verified 100% will rock the world in relavence to world history and the history of Africa will be rewritten.

The old saying: "There's nothing new under the sun" is looking to be ringing more loudly and true, everyday.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunatyx

Excellent find my man! Starred and flagged!
I've been riveted to my blackberry/this thread/subsequent links for an hour!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The place doesn't look like much (piles of stones) but i suppose the concept is pretty cool.

There ws a thread on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And these are extracts from an article.

"We invited four or five academics to come and look at the site, but with their typical dogmatic thinking, they said there was no way this was a human-built structure; they said it was just rocks," Tellinger said. "But now geologists, archaeologists and astrologers have all said it is something more than that."

Amanda Esterhuysen, a Wits University academic from the geography, archaeology and environmental sciences department, isn't that convinced, however. "These guys are talking nonsense. We are doing extensive research in Mpumalanga and these sites are fairly well known. "While we don't dispute that structures like this are man-made, there is no way it is 75 000 years old. The type of science they use to date these sites is highly questionable," she added.

www.iol.co.za...

[edit on 4-11-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dallas18

Very interesting as this area in South Africa has some really big impact craters. The biggest, Vredfort, is the largest impact crater known on earth with a diameter of 300km formed 2.02 billion years ago.

This impact is responsible for exposing the gold-bearing reefs that makes South Africa the largest gold producing area in the world as well. Also, the fractured earth that was caused by this bolide (Estimated 10m across) caused the volcanic fissures that led to the kimberlite pipes that produce most of the diamonds in the world. (De Beers anyone?)

This is a very rich place.

Also, interesting, there is a small meteorite crater west of this area that is one of the worlds youngest and best preserved. It is the Tswaing crater which was formed about 220,000 years ago (close to the estimated time period of the settlement!) An impact this close , being 7 miles in circumference, would cause alot of death if anyone were exposed to the blast up to 500 miles of it.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by charlyv]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Fascinating how this thread has over one hundred flags, but when it came out in 2008 it only got 5 flags. Has the crowd on ATS changed that much in just a year or two?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
www.world-mysteries.com...

Wow....just......wow....

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Thats the usual case especially since the find can predate just about anything and cause alot of *cough* religigous BS. I absolutely agree.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Well one of the links is dated recently from 09', and yes the crowd at ATS does seem to be changing and it seems is very into ancient & lost civilizations. I mean I cam here years ago and an Atlantis thread got about 3 views now someone comes out with one and there 1000 views in 2 days.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Phage

The builders were most likely to be the Bantu who began moving into the area a few centuries ago.

See, there you go again I was just going to post how these structures are reminiscent of the photographs of mars and you kick me in the bollocks.
Now I have to put my ill informed ignorant imagination back in its' wee box lol

Fact is Phage doesnt know. But he nevertheless give us the answer !
And thats alwayd the thing with skepticals, if it looks like this then its dismissed. But what if it looks like but its not !

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Timing is everything. It is not just the subject, but when you post it. Post it during the ats down times and it gets buried quickly and never seen again.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
THE ABOVE TOP SECRET THEME SONG!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The dating methology is absurd.. Because it points to a star that was in a certain position in the sky 160,000 years ago, it must be 160,000 years old?

LOL. I suppose if I go put some bricks in my yard in the same pattern, that means I built the yard-brick-structure 160,000 years ago.. Complete bull# pseudoscience.

( My interpretation; I could be wrong)

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This article does not contain even the slightest hint of a fact. The Summerian texts say no such thing about aliens (they do however contain the first song which is awesome) it is highly improbably that the ancient Summerians would have been aware of a city in Southern Africa that existed 100 000 bloody years before they did. Also what would these ancient South Africans be doing with gold 100 000 years before the earliest known invention of even simple cold metallurgy- it had no value.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Also who did the dating there isn't a decent archeo lab in South Africa what method was used- cant have been radiocarbon because thats only accurate for 50 000 yrs

new topics
top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join