It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Human Metropolis Found in Africa

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Actually when i was in S.A i was told about this nutter who sits on walls and can apparently date them (he dated mapungubwe to a similar age as this- about by about 160 000 years) its not him is it surely- he's convinced it was built by aliens)

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Obviously these gardens are old, but how old. Why did the "scientists" date the place to coincide wioth the Annunaki? I smell more than a rat, I smell bait for conspiricists. Z Don't kool aid your szelves....

[edit on 4/11/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
haha it is that nutter it was Amanda Esterhuysen from wits who told me about him

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Love the post:
But - really - They found the stone in a nearby forest replaced it, lined it up with Orions Belt and dated the ruins from that. mmm. thin ice dude
I would love to believe it though

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by druid1

Back in the days that used to do it!

Judas: Quit it!

[edit on 4/11/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IX-777
So, here are the structures from Africa here on Earth, allegedly up to 100 000 years old:

It doesn't look like 100.000 years old. It looks like ordinary typical African village. In RPA many villages had been abandoned in second part of XX century because the country was industrializing and people was mowing from villages to cities. There was although an agriculture modernization. Modern techniques of irrigation, huge plantations was funded. The traditional agriculture cant compare with them. So now in RPA there is plenty of abandoned reminiscences of cottages which you names the artifact of forgotten civilization from Mars. I wonder how funny this topic could be tore someone from there.

However in RPA agriculture changed dramatically in the rest of Africa such village are very common.

Stone Hut

Abandoned villages in Kenya

And not abandoned in nearby.

If you even tray to look for some information by yourself not only to believe in fairy tale you easily find many of such villages in whole Africa especially on savannas areas. Some of them are abandoned and it looks exactly like that in the first post, but often nearby of them are situated somewhere not abandoned village so you can conclude that people there have often changing place and moves to different better lands.

If only people here weren't such ignorant to other cultures and ways how they live, such mistake would never happens again. Other way I could imagine that some day I would enter on that forum and find that there is a topic with 100 flags about baskets with rubbish in front of my home which undeniable creates formation of Orion belt and are definitely 75.000 years old because someone watching Google earth and drinking coffee come to such conclusion and the rest say huraaaa.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

A star for you...good research, and a reasonable conclusion. It would be nice to get some experts in to confirm it on the ground, but this does seem to qualify under the old adage...When you hear hoof beats...think horses, not zebras

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
nice topic and defently sounds connected to the manifactured human, mabye the place at witch it happened, im checkin it out on google earth now, thanx for the locations, peace.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

Oh wow.. if the very last picture doesn't remind you of biology class and the splitting of cells, I don't know what does.

It's astonishing to see nature repeat itself in that sort of pattern.

B

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
thats pretty amazing if its true

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunatyx
I found this article yesterday and thought I would post it here to see what you all think. I did a search here on ATS but couldn't find anything related so...

ARTICLE LINK

Source Link

Something amazing has been discovered in an area of South Africa, about 150 miles inland, west of the port of Maputo. It is the remains of a huge metropolis that measures, in conservative estimates, about 1500 square miles. It's part of an even larger community that is about 10,000 square miles and appears to have been constructed -- are you ready -- from 160,000 to 200,000 BCE!

And Google Earth coordinates :

Carolina -- 25 55' 53.28" S / 30 16' 13.13" E
Badplaas -- 25 47' 33.45" S / 30 40' 38.76" E
Waterval -- 25 38' 07.82" S / 30 21' 18.79" E
Machadodorp -- 25 39' 22.42" S / 30 17' 03.25" E

I took a look myself and found some quite interesting formations and ruines...

You do realize that 200,000 years ago those were the co-ordinates of the North Pole.
The Reindeer were kept in the larger stone walls. The elf workshops were the lower ones but had roofs and wood stoves. Orion was to young at that time to be legal for a hunting licence. Rudolph's nose was guild with the gold so he would be visible at the lead of the team.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
You do realize that 200,000 years ago those were the co-ordinates of the North Pole.
The Reindeer were kept in the larger stone walls. The elf workshops were the lower ones but had roofs and wood stoves. Orion was to young at that time to be legal for a hunting licence. Rudolph's nose was guild with the gold so he would be visible at the lead of the team.

Could you please provide a link showing that the area in question was, at the time indicated, the North Pole?

I'd be interested in knowing the facts behind what you're proposing.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunatyx

And Google Earth coordinates :

Carolina -- 25 55' 53.28" S / 30 16' 13.13" E
Badplaas -- 25 47' 33.45" S / 30 40' 38.76" E
Waterval -- 25 38' 07.82" S / 30 21' 18.79" E
Machadodorp -- 25 39' 22.42" S / 30 17' 03.25" E

I took a look myself and found some quite interesting formations and ruines...

I took a look at the cords. None of them looked otherworldly to me at all. And why would it be odd for people to build cities around a gold mine. Gold is valued because it is near useless. It makes a statement that the owner has enough expendable income to buy stuff that will have no function. Not to mention copper is used in alloys and tools, and silver has antibacterial properties and was used to make water pure. So from my point of view it only makes sense that humans alone would mine gold and ship it out for trade. After all the vikings made it all the way to Persia in long ships to trade, why should we be surprised that people traded gold along time ago. I don't know, I would like to believe that Aliens helped to kick start the human race, but this seems like a piece of a different puzzle if you catch my meaning.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Could you please provide a link showing that the area in question was, at the time indicated, the North Pole?

I'd be interested in knowing the facts behind what you're proposing.

Sure
Just look at the link in the original post it has the co-ordinates but they forgot to figure the 200,000 year plate techtonic effect into the equasion.
And I am unsure if the calculations of Orion's position can be fully trusted either.
I am not the only one here having trouble with the co -ordinates.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Changing the Earth's Axis or Orbit
Steven Dutch, Natural and Applied Sciences, University of Wisconsin - Green Bay
First-time Visitors: Please visit Site Map and Disclaimer. Use "Back" to return here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Note to Visitors
I will respond to questions and comments as time permits, but if you want to take issue with any position expressed here, you first have to answer this question:

What evidence would it take to prove your beliefs wrong?

I simply will not reply to challenges that do not address this question. Refutability is one of the classic determinants of whether a theory can be called scientific. Moreover, I have found it to be a great general-purpose cut-through-the-crap question to determine whether somebody is interested in serious intellectual inquiry or just playing mind games. Note, by the way, that I am assuming the burden of proof here - all you have to do is commit to a criterion for testing. It's easy to criticize science for being "closed-minded". Are you open-minded enough to consider whether your ideas might be wrong?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Sure
Just look at the link in the original post it has the co-ordinates but they forgot to figure the 200,000 year plate techtonic effect into the equasion.
And I am unsure if the calculations of Orion's position can be fully trusted either.

200,000 years ago, the North Pole was in South Africa? That's quite an assertion. It would certainly change my view of what was going on in that area at the time and I'd really like it if you could substantiate it with credible links.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to assume it's an unfounded theory.

I really AM interested in the climate of South Africa over the course of time since it is, imo, the cradle that Modern Man was born into. We have archaeological artifacts dating back nearly half the span of 200,000 years. If the region was under an ice cap as you say, it would destroy my knowledge on the subject entirely.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Fascinating how this thread has over one hundred flags, but when it came out in 2008 it only got 5 flags. Has the crowd on ATS changed that much in just a year or two?

Yeah it is strange, but i think it's got to do with when it's posted. If ATS is in indulging in a heavy period of UFO threads then a small 'un-sensationalized' thread in the Ancient Civilizations board will hardly get noticed.

reply to post by masqua

I think it's evident that his intentions are to supply you with unsubstantiated evidence.

[edit on 4/11/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ok, so with me at work....and on here via blackberry, limiting my ability to dig thru links/pages, hwats the general consensus from ATS'ers?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

Well, for one opinion on the OP, I don't buy the whole Enki/Enlil/Niburu/gold idea. That was something conjured up by Sitchin, who, while an expert in deciphering Sumerian tablets, did go a bit afield with his interesting, but perhaps a little flawed presumptions on their religion.

Sumer is a bit removed from South Africa as well. I doubt they're connected but the originator of this thread has every right to postulate.

What interests me, more than anything, is the incredible evidence of long-term habitation of the area by Modern Man. Whatever archaeologists have recently come up with from South Africa is certainly mind-boggling, especially when looking at certain locations. Modern Man has been there since the Earlier Stone Age, which, In SA, has been going since 250,000 BP.

Some things to Google are Howieson's Poort Industry and Blombos Cave.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
close up photos

btflmind.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join