It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Ball/Orb In Sky Over UK/Manchester.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your videos.

I know people who have seen several of these things over the northwest.

Although being the new year there are always the chance of it being chinese lanterns.

Just a thought?

-- edit: although im not discounting all sigthings, as some of my friends have seen them move 'intelligently' in formation!

[edit on 1-1-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yup, I definitely couldn't rule out this event as chinese lanterns, probably more likely than anything, just really didnt occur to me that it could be them considering the speed they were going, and also the strange glowing shown on the 3rd video, but either way I hope it at least helps somehow or another to someone who may have seen the same.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Hi

I seems to much like a coincidence that so many people noticed something last night you arent far away at all. All i have done today is look into this an you truly start to disbelieve yourself if you read all the info on simular such events. On other websites been called a nutter or drunk but i know im neither. We like you didnt notice the wind last night (this morning) there was no noise and are glad other people have noticed something. I managed to video a few and will get round to posting some later

Regards
Nic

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Staiger

Hi Staiger, you state on the footage they are travelling in the opposite direction to the wind. Mine were too, ufo orbs travelling from east to west when wind was west to East. Can you say which direstion they were travelling to? They look real btw, mine were far too quick to be lanterns in the conditions last night.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Staiger

Hi

These videos show exactly what we saw last night (this morning) love the comment about enjoying the new year depicts exactly how we felt about it. Everyone keeps going on about chinese lanterns but to be honest if you actually saw these orb you wouldnt say that. All i can say it was really strange an weird loads of people saw something.

Regards
Nic

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

The clouds lit by the moon light look like they were travelling east to west and the orange light objects came from the north and travelled south. About 3 were quite close together at one point, and some more later on.. and then a couple more were seen in the west that were also travelling north to south which was not with the wind.

I think the fact that they were not going with the wind is why I found them interesting, hence why I was interested in everyone else's experience to compare.

@nicnic7 - I'll look forward to the videos, any footage is better than none, good to see what other people saw.. because they look so similar to chinese lanterns it can easily be discarded, and like you I didn't feel that it could be something so simple because of the way they looked and moved so fast, but I suppose until we know for sure it remains unknown.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Staiger]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Staiger

More in manchester (earlier sighting)
www.davidicke.com...
Mine were heading east to west. Wind was coming in the opposite direction west to east. Talked to others on here saying the same.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by ufoorbhunter]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I am from Rochdale but work in Manchester City centre. I saw one orange orb last night (new years eve) about 9.30pm and today I saw two at about 6.10pm. On both occasions the orbs were stationary.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProject

Thanks for starting your interesting thread, BlackProject.

I have read through all the posts & viewed all the videos.

The descriptions & videos all appear to fit in with the "chinese lantern" position as follows:

Correct colour

Brighter in the centre of the object, as compared with the outer part of the object

Correct size

Fading out

Observed “one after the other”

The “travelling against the wind” argument is not substantial because wind direction & velocity can be quite different just a few hundred feet higher than an observer

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think I can confirm that my sighting was most probably chinese lanterns as you quite rightly have said.. I've seen someone say they enjoyed seeing their lantern fly away last night from my area so this means that is more than likely be the case for my report, either way I'm glad I've most probably come across the lights that were unknown to me at the time, thanks guys for the help also.. obviously this does not mean everyone saw lanterns just I believe it to be in my case.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staiger
I think I can confirm that my sighting was most probably chinese lanterns as you quite rightly have said.. I've seen someone say they enjoyed seeing their lantern fly away last night from my area so this means that is more than likely be the case for my report, either way I'm glad I've most probably come across the lights that were unknown to me at the time, thanks guys for the help also.. obviously this does not mean everyone saw lanterns just I believe it to be in my case.

But.....don't get discouraged...

You might see something extraordinary one of these days!

Cheers

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm 10 miles from Swinton and I saw two of these objects, both red. Been looking for UFO for 2 yr and last night saw these 2 in close conjuction and could not believe it (new years aftermath) so didnt film. Good capture and have to agree that Manchester experienced something last night!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Please indulge me OP . . .

was the light pulsating, flashing or static?

what was the exact color of the light?

what was it's approximate altitude?

was it stationary?

how bright was it in comparison to something like Jupiter?

did it make any noise?

how long was it visible for?

was it over water? if so was it near an island?

was it near a mountain?

Answering these specific questions would help a lot. Thank-you.

-j

[edit on 1/1/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I saw two similar lights in the sky 3 nights ago in the U.S.
I have no idea what they were. My husband looked at them for just a moment and said that they were stars that were just flickering a lot. I disagree.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I saw loads of these things last night staggering home from the pub. i at home in rochdale so thats like 8 miles from city center its manchester. i just assumed they were chinese lanturns, but they didnt fliker. cause during term time i live on the 15th floor of my flat for uni smack down in the city center. So i have a pretty good view of salford city as well as manc city. i see chinese lanturns all the time, and they flikker.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hi all

I finally got round to uploading the videos from last night

The first was at 12.24am not long after we first saw them. I'll try explain what you can see there are 2 orbs quite close together im trying to show both of them. At 58secs they just dissappear and at 1.12mins the tram at the back of the house goes past

www.youtube.com...

The second is at 12.57am i watch it from the back garden at 1.16mins it disappears i go thro the house but cant pick it up again at the front

www.youtube.com...

The third is at 1.02am me mainly trying to expalin to my mum what we are seeing, by the way she says about phoning the police hence my response

www.youtube.com...

I'm still unsure of what they are an like others it could well of been chinese lanterns but still not completely convinced, so many people all over the country saw something last night

Regards
Nic

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nicnic7

Thanks for posting your videos, nicnic7.

I hate to say it, buy it likes those damned chinese lanterns to me

If you we could get windspeed & direction data based on a reasonable estimate of height (perhaps from a balloon release from a local met station or airport), perhaps we could correlate that with the speed & direction of the "chinese lanterns". I note that wind direction & velocity could be quite different to that noticed at ground level.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nicnic7

Great footage there. At the end of the day nobody can tell for sure if they are lanterns or real life ufo orbs. There was so much activity in the north of England tied with the 100 sighting in Shrops and mine near Stoke on Trent that it makes sense that there was something going on that night.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hi, I live In between Manchester & Rochdale (middleton)

here are some Chinese Lanterns from new years eve, I put them on here so people can compare there Ball lights with actual lanterns.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hi I would just like to say that my wife and I saw an Orange Orb over Sidbury in Devon last night, new years day. I did think that it was a chinese lantern untill I saw the videos in this post of Chinese Lanterns.
Over the past severel months there have been many sightings in Exmouth Devon that have been reported in the local press. I was interested if anyone else saw the Orb. Its light got really bright then the whole thing faded into nothing at great height.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join