It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Ball/Orb In Sky Over UK/Manchester.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProject

The UK has regular earthquakes. I have geology degrees and have studied this.
I was in a 5 pointer earthquake myself, visiting my mom in Dudley a few years back. They do happen. And coupled with excess rainfall over the last few years getting into the ground rock, this could reactivate old faultlines that were otherwise dormant creating geo-stresses.

That, or it could be extra terrestrial. We won't get to the truth of what they are without putting all possibilities on the table, then ruling each one out untill we get to the truth.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229

Originally posted by BlackProject

Originally posted by BlackProject

Hmmmm, lot's of people registering today to post this...sorry, I'm calling foul on this one. Nice try though.

Your calling what on this? "Nice try?"

I just hope your not suggesting people are lying.

Well, yes I am. At least the last two posts claiming they have seen something. They registered within minutes of each other, if that doesn't cry foul I don't know what does!

Look, like all of us here on ATS I just want the truth. It may have seemed a good idea to have a couple of mates register and make posts but it merely serves to distract us. Most of the people on ATS are hideously intelligent and basic attempts at ruse will be recognised very quickly and shot down even quicker...

[edit on 1-11-2009 by PW229]

Well you aint so intelligent then are you.

How about you search in Google about orange balls/orbs in Manchester and the Lancashire area and just see how many people have joined other websites over the years to explain the exact same thing as I have and the rest of us.

Seriously now, your annoying me. If you have nothing to add to this thread, why bother.

I'm annoying you? Does that mean I should tuck my tail between my legs and run for the hills? I tried to help with this thread but the simple fact is this, 2 people joined this thread that have NEVER posted before. I'd like to know the truth behind those two people. Why did they join? Did they join to add weight to the objects? Did they join at someones request?

I'm not going to apologise to the likes of you. I simply want the truth so we can carry on with this thread. If you're not prepared for that, then go away and leave serious investigation to those that know how to do it...

Last time im going to reply to you now, im not sure how old you are but this is not the behavior of an adult.

Your basically insinuating that people on here are trying to make up a story and your not willing to let that settle until you hear those words. Well you won't hear those words as I, my mother, my uncle, my brother, his girlfriend, all of those on here you have read and all of the many hundreds of people throughout the world have seen these objects. These are in our skies! Whether you want to believe that or not.

Maybe your just here to destroy a truthful post, maybe you get kicks from that.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superiorraw
rather than cry foul on the two people that joined, surely its in investigators and our best interest to invite them on what they have to add to the thread?

Just a suggestion, please can you both stop squabbling, it doesn't help the thread and just clutters things up!

So, I invite those two recent members to post their location in the Manchester Area, and I also invite them to explain what it is they saw, for how long, did the object make any strange movements or patterns?

Granted but an investigator's job also entails some basic detective work and I still find it very odd that the two of them joined within minutes of each other to say basically the same thing. Either they had the same advice from somone or the moon and sun and Venus all lined up in some obscure way.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

This video, uploaded by duffman790 on the 15th of July 2009 is a video of an orb of light travelling from right to left on the screen, at the beginning, from around 13 to 15 seconds you can clearly see it travelling right to left. he also pans around, to show houses and street lights in comparison to where the object is in the night sky.
At around 43 seconds he zooms right in. towards the end of the video at 2:35 you can see the power down our power out process i described, the main difference in this video is that he shoots with clouds, the day I saw mine, it was all clear.

Again this is in the Manchester area, I've been trying to contact duffman790 for the last 24 hours, i will update this thread if i get to speak to him.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Granted but an investigator's job also entails some basic detective work and I still find it very odd that the two of them joined within minutes of each other to say basically the same thing. Either they had the same advice from somone or the moon and sun and Venus all lined up in some obscure way.

It might not be favourable for me to agree with everyones comments, I'd also like to say I'm erring on the side of caution here, I mean I'd prefer it if the two people that posted had something more of substance to report, I've also invited them right here on this thread to discuss what they saw in depth as well as their location and time of sighting.

I can't force them to come out, but i can invite them to explain what they saw right?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Superiorraw

*I saw a bright orange ball in the sky
*only in view for 30 seconds
*seemed very still for the time I saw it
*never seen one before
*I live in Middleton
*clear night sky
*was travelling on motorway

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i know you guys are speaking the truth, i live in heywood. is it not clear too you people that these objects are not lanterns, planes, hot air balloons, objects from volcanic activity, believe me theres none of that round here. I know none of these guys and iv'e seen the orbs on numerous occasions. They can appear, dissapear and move at unvbelivable speeds, unless you have seen one for yourselves what grounds do you have to say what someone else has seen isnt something of an extraterrestrial presence?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just to add some more info into what I explained.

I live in Salford/Swinton. I saw two sightings, on two separate days.

The first was behind my house, low near my back garden. The second was in front of my house, but far in the distance, traveling across the sky at a face pace. The first was still, it floated above me and my mothers head, very close. As i walked to the end of my garden, I could see underneath it, as if I could put my hand underneath and hold it. At this point, I ran to get my mobile phone to record what I saw. At that point it started to move away slowly, upwards towards the night sky, then vanished or more like dissolved.

To explain how it looked: It was Orange and very bright, it looked on fire but more like a glowing look to it. It looked brighter/whiter towards the middle but would change slightly, made itself more pure in colour you could say. It was amazing to look at, not just an intrigue.

The first sighting was on the 14th of October and the second was on the 28th of October.

The first was roughly 8:25pm.

The second was roughly 7:10pm.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by BlackProject]

[edit on 1-11-2009 by BlackProject]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Personally, I think there's some type of dimensional portal or wormhole in England somewhere that these UFOs use to travel.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hi,
I'd also welcome that any future members new or old, who would like to discuss these in depth, think a little bit before you post a reply, this will at least disprove the theory that we are intentionally creating double accounts or inviting our mates to sign up.

Best way to reply is to try and answer these questions. (EDIT I also realise some of these questions you might not want to answer publicly)
I'm just making the point that you need to be a bit more in depth with your sighting reports. Thanks guys

1. Your Name:

2. Email:

3. When did you see the UFO:

dd/mm/yyyy

4. Where did you see the UFO:

Location, town/city postal code/area code?
Would you be able to point out the location on google maps/earth?
If yes please could you provide us with a picture.

5. What time was the sighting?

6. How old are you: Date of Birth 00/00/0000

Sighting details:
7 What did the UFO look like, shape/size in relation to other objects terrestrial/lights and colours:

8. Did the UFO make any strange movements like hover and zoom off quickly? where did the UFO travel / move to in the sky?

9. How long did you see the UFO for?

10. Were you under the influence of drink or drugs at any point before the sighting?

11. Did you obtain any photographs or video evidence? Is this available to view?

Additional Comments

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Ah, a person after my own heart lol, what may also be relevent is weather conditions, cloud cover, and stuff like, could you feel a static electrical field? Did it affect tv, radio reception? Etc

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here, a list of sightings confirmed by people living in the UK and in this area.

Orange Ball Sightings

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I should of just gone to the police!!!!
Do you need my blood type and last eye test.

I saw an orange bright ball in the sky, opposite from tandle hills (royton)
like I keep saying only saw it for 30seconds, it wasn't moving, no flashing light, no crazy movement, no helicopters around it, no flashes or lightning was just still in the night sky.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hi,
I've spent some time looking through the posts here, as already mentioned I wanted to establish between the sightings the actual movement of the UFO. I'm thinking if I can create a timeline matching up dates and times of the sightings i'll be able to track its movement across Manchester and the Surrounding counties.

Now I've done this previously before, with a case last year, in order for this to work I need some information from each of you, in some cases they may be unrelated or mistaken, but in our case we've obviously got some kind of unidentified brightly coloured orb flying around in our airspace.

I've identified each of you that I want to respond to by bolding your names on the reply here.
BlackProject
On both occasions that you witnessed the object, both on the 14th and the 28th, did it move upwards into the atmosphere or shoot off in another direction?

Jonnydavx
OK Your in heywood, you've spotted this object numerous times.
I need dates & times and course/direction?

Nephilim37
Liverpool 10 miles out of town, which town? What time and date did you see this object and which direction did it go?

Huskylatic

I should of just gone to the police!!!! Do you need my blood type and last eye test.

Don't be silly, don't be silly. theres nothing to be gained from these experiences if we dont have a correct account of whats going on.

You mentioned you were in a car, travelling to middleton from rochdale, can you confirm a time roughly?

Starsearch
Your in North Lincolnshire at 11pm? can you confirm date and which direction it was flying?

Selahobed

That, or it could be extra terrestrial. We won't get to the truth of what they are without putting all possibilities on the table, then ruling each one out untill we get to the truth. Ah, a person after my own heart lol, what may also be relevent is weather conditions, cloud cover, and stuff like, could you feel a static electrical field? Did it affect tv, radio reception? Etc

Unsure what to make of the own heart comment.
either way your right on both counts, earthquakes do happen in manchester, tremors more so.. than actual earthquakes, the fact they happen could explain the orbs of light, are earthquakes generally known to have this effect on areas though?
Secondly,. these orbs dont appear to drift aimlessly, they do seem to display on occasions intelligent patterns of movement, if this was a geological problem or phenomenan.. there surely wouldnt be any kind of intelligent movement right? I mean the orbs would be incredibly random, show no signs of fast versus slow, zig zag or pattern movements.

Understand I'm not trying to be argumentative, just merely reconfirming your earlier point, which was in order to get to the truth about what we are seeing, we need to put all possibilities on the table, then rule out each one untill we get to the truth.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

"BlackProject
On both occasions that you witnessed the object, both on the 14th and the 28th, did it move upwards into the atmosphere or shoot off in another direction?"

On the first occasion, the 14th.

It was steady in the air above me, still, just floating there. Then after 1 minute of waiting and staring at the orb, it moved upwards towards the sky. Although it looked like it went up and into the sky, it seemed to just get smaller and disappear. Maybe it was because I was stood under it I could not tell the difference. I am not sure but it appeared to move up and away from me.

Second occasion, the 28th.

I noticed it in front of my house in the far distant night sky. Traveling just above the works facing me but very high up. It moved from my left to right very fast. Took roughly 15-20 seconds to clear the sky in front of me and as it got to my far right, it just disappeared yet again into nothing.

-Both objects where the same.-

Good luck with your investigation "Superiorraw". I check back here regularly to see if anyone else has new information on this topic, so be sure to keep this up to date with any of your findings.

I am still intrigued by what I saw. It really did have an ominous feeling to it as I stood there and watched. Which is strange, im sure you would agree. Like i was not meant to see it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I've still not heard from duffman790 and this is my 2nd attempt at contacting him via youtube.
He's recently posted more videos up as recent as 5 days ago showing these orbs of light.

What is quite interesting is that usually around the middle of the month, here in Manchester, there have been numerous sightings, My brother spotted one way back in July, my own personal sighting was in September, blackproject spotted his on the 14th I believe is also in october thats 3 seperate months of this year, all falling around the middle of the month

For those that actually live in Manchester and know the weather, its quite rare for us to have clear night skies, as its usually cloudy/overcast and you cant see anything.
He's recently recorded UFOs on the 12th and 13th of November, and now towards the end of the month.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Superiorraw]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hi

Me and my partner have seen quite a few orange orbs over the skies in Radcliffe Manchester tonight we were watching the fireworks when we noticed them it was a really strange sight nothing like ive seen before. We noticed them just after midnight and watched them for over an hour, like someone else said it is very rare that we get a clear night in this lovely part of the country. The orbs were moving mostly in the same direction although they did vary in size, speed and brightness

Has anyone else seen anything tonight we found the whole experience quite creepy

Thanks for your time
Regards
Nic

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by BlackProject

The UK has regular earthquakes. I have geology degrees and have studied this.
I was in a 5 pointer earthquake myself, visiting my mom in Dudley a few years back. They do happen. And coupled with excess rainfall over the last few years getting into the ground rock, this could reactivate old faultlines that were otherwise dormant creating geo-stresses.

This is true, in 2002 there were a couple of earthquakes in manchester that where around 3 on the ricter scale. The large building I was in at the time shook for about 20 seconds. The 5 pointer quake happened in 2008 and originated in Lincolnshire. It was felt as far as Cumbria. I felt it in Manchester, again the house shook and I woke in a panic thinking someone was smashing the door in.

I personally have seen two orange orb type UFO's in the Manchester area a number of years ago but not recently. In 2008 I saw two orb UFO's (one bright, light bluish, one light orange) in North Wales. These things were very high up, no sound, I watched them for around 10 minutes where they performed all kinds of maneuvers. They eventually both flew off in the direction of the sea and a local US army base.

I think it would be interesting to make a note of where all these Liverpool/Northwest orbs go to. It's my feeling that there's a base somewhere off the welsh coast, could be Military, Et or some kind of collaboration. The UFO orb that was chased by a police helicopter in 2008 was chased from St Athan ( a military base in Wales) to the Devon coast where they had to stop due to low fuel.

Whatever these things are, Wales and the Northwest definitely are hotspots and have been for years, the Berwyn Mountain incident has been dubbed the 'Welsh Roswell'.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nicnic7

Yes I saw them. Just after midnight too. Virtually no wind flying very fast, defo not lanterns, took 10 secs to cross the sky. Wind was 8mph from west, these flew opposite coming from the east and they were very quick, I'm just south of Stoke on Trent which is pretty near to you too.
Seen many ufo orbs like those in my avatar, these looked like the real thing.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I didn't really know where else I could share this information with others, and this is the main site I've used in the past to read up about information like this, so I've finally signed up because I have something to share.

But as new years celebrations were underway in Flitwick, East Anglia, UK.. we were just preparing to set some fireworks off like many others were doing on the 1st January 2010 at 00:21 (12:21AM).

Im sure many people would have been looking up in the sky at this time when we noticed these fast travelling orange lights/orbs, of which seem very similar to what people have described here.

Here are the videos I managed to capture of the event:

Video Part 1/3
Video Part 2/3
Video Part 3/3

These lights were travelling faster than I've ever seen something travel in the sky before, going from one end of the sky to the other in really no time at all compared to a plane of some kind. Also there were no sounds heard from any of the lights/orbs that passed over.

Unlike the ones mentioned earlier, that they seemed close to the house, these seemed quite some distance in the sky, and possibly in the clouds.

Shown on the 3rd video is where one looked as if it was hovering in the distance, the video doesn't really capture the event to well, but it really started to glow as if light was flowing out from the bottom of the object, and going in the reverse direction.

I just thought this must be a meteor shower of some kind, I've never seen one however, hence why I have no idea what it is, but after reading similar events of this I find it incredible how there isn't any solid conclusion to what these are.

I didn't want to create a new topic for this as it seemed pretty much the same thing, but hope this was worth sharing to others that have experienced the same thing or are interested like me in finding out what these events were.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, I really found some of the stuff interesting, and encourage anyone else to post their experience.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Staiger]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join