It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Ball/Orb In Sky Over UK/Manchester.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superiorraw

Originally posted by PW229
Can you describe the weather when you saw it?

Second line for silly reasons.

Are you referring to my post or the threadstarter?
I'll answer anyway just in case.

On my sighting on the 14th of September
there was hardly any cloud in the sky that night, because of this I was quite surprised, particularly as Manchester seems to have alot of cloudy weather, even during the summer months of June, July & August we have cloudy weather it's rare now that we get days of clear weather, but i can confirm that it wasn't cloudy, the sky was clear. Visibility was excellent.

This is strange.

Reason I say that as on the night I witnessed the first sighting of mine, the night was very clear, when the previous nights where cloudy and not much out to see.

It seems the weather seems to be very calm on the nights of these sightings.

For instance the second time I saw the object again, my uncle mentioned to me that is seemed very still and clear, which made me jump to say. "Yeah, that is strange, funny enough, it was weirdly calm like this last time I saw it".

Very strange for it to be clear on these sightings.

Keep the feedback coming.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Can you describe the weather when you saw it?

Second line for silly reasons.

Are you referring to my post or the threadstarter?
I'll answer anyway just in case.

On my sighting on the 14th of September
there was hardly any cloud in the sky that night, because of this I was quite surprised, particularly as Manchester seems to have alot of cloudy weather, even during the summer months of June, July & August we have cloudy weather it's rare now that we get days of clear weather, but i can confirm that it wasn't cloudy, the sky was clear. Visibility was excellent.

Any post. I'd like to get a grip on the weather at the time of the sighting. It would appear this is a phenomena that occurs somewhat regularly in the Manchester area. So we have an interesting situation. Either there is something very odd going on or there is a habitual practical joker at work.

With respect to the weather. If we could get a common thread on the weather then we could say it only appears when it’s cloudy/raining/foggy etc. Although you witnessed the phenomena on a clear day that’s not to say you’re experience was unique. It would be very telling if we could get more weather info from other witnesses.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I too saw this on Wednesday 28th October while returning home from work. I was a passenger in a car travelling from Rochdale to middleton. It was not a lantern, looked too bright. Only viewed it for about 30 seconds then lost sight of it.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I saw a similar glowing ball/orb flying over the North Lincolnshire area at around about 11pm.

Its had me confused since.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hmmmm, last 2 posts registered within minutes of each other. Making me want to cry "foul" on this one....

[edit on 1-11-2009 by PW229]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Strange that all of these sightings seem to be in the same geographical area over long periods of time.
There is a possibility that these orbs are terrestrial in origin, where they are precursors for geological activity. This may explain the localised sightings. These light orbs have been seen in many places over the world as a prelude to an earthquake. This may be caused buy geo-stresses, that are affecting the local magnetic field creating these light orbs.
They may of course be extra terrestrial, who knows? The earth though is still as much as a mystery as anything out there, so it would be foolish to dismiss it out of hand.

Shalom

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Hmmmm, lot's of people registering today to post this...sorry, I'm calling foul on this one. Nice try though.

Your calling what on this? "Nice try?"

I just hope your not suggesting people are lying.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
Strange that all of these sightings seem to be in the same geographical area over long periods of time.
There is a possibility that these orbs are terrestrial in origin, where they are precursors for geological activity. This may explain the localised sightings. These light orbs have been seen in many places over the world as a prelude to an earthquake. This may be caused buy geo-stresses, that are affecting the local magnetic field creating these light orbs.
They may of course be extra terrestrial, who knows? The earth though is still as much as a mystery as anything out there, so it would be foolish to dismiss it out of hand.

Shalom

An earthquake in Manchester? That I'd like to see. Joking aside, these are clearly not piezo electric effects. They tend to be white in colour and move rapidly upwards. I'm thinking this is either ball lightening or a load of bumpf.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProject

Hmmmm, lot's of people registering today to post this...sorry, I'm calling foul on this one. Nice try though.

Well, yes I am. At least the last two posts claiming they have seen something. They registered within minutes of each other, if that doesn't cry foul I don't know what does!

Look, like all of us here on ATS I just want the truth. It may have seemed a good idea to have a couple of mates register and make posts but it merely serves to distract us. Most of the people on ATS are hideously intelligent and basic attempts at ruse will be recognised very quickly and shot down even quicker...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Shalom

Definitely should not dismiss anything, all ideas/theories could point to an explanation.

Still as far as im aware, the UK does not sit on any kind of fault line. Also, seems a little far fetched don't you think.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Well, yes I am. At least the last two posts claiming they have seen something. They registered within minutes of each other, if that doesn't cry foul I don't know what does!

Maybe because there has been a lot of people seeing these?

Just like a radio station would receive many calls if the local people had seen things themselves.

Don't be so ignorant.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Shalom

An earthquake in Manchester? That I'd like to see. Joking aside, these are clearly not piezo electric effects. They tend to be white in colour and move rapidly upwards. I'm thinking this is either ball lightening or a load of bumpf.

Look Einstein, do not come here making out you have any more of an idea then the rest of us. I aint dismissing what your saying but your being pritty dam ignorant here.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Shalom

They certainly are not all white in colour but amber/orange, reds, blue, green, metrallic, yellow. They come in many colours

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Maybe because there has been a lot of people seeing these?

Just like a radio station would receive many calls if the local people had seen things themselves.

Don't be so ignorant.

Granted, but we're talking about a website, not a local radio station. For 2 people to have seen this and then decided within minutes of each other to join an obscure (obscure in the sense of not mainstream) website just beggars belief. You protest too much...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Look, like all of us here on ATS I just want the truth. It may have seemed a good idea to have a couple of mates register and make posts but it merely serves to distract us. Most of the people on ATS are hideously intelligent and basic attempts at ruse will be recognised very quickly and shot down even quicker...

Well you aint so intelligent then are you.

How about you search in Google about orange balls/orbs in Manchester and the Lancashire area and just see how many people have joined other websites over the years to explain the exact same thing as I have and the rest of us.

Seriously now, your annoying me. If you have nothing to add to this thread, why bother.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'd like to positively deny any knowing of members on here prior to me signing up this afternoon. I signed up in the hope that I could bring together local witnesses to this sighting or sightings over the past 6 months.

It is my belief that without me holding positive photographic or video evidence, the next step is to find strength in numbers, by this I mean people within the area that may of spotted or witnessed and hold accounts or reports to the same thing I have seen.
As stated in my previous post. The only person I held official discussions with by email was a mr.steve mera at MAPIT.
He responded within 1 day or 2 to apologise, but he could not identify the nature of what I observed on September 14th.

One of the big problems with the UFO phenomena is that people are all too quick to jump on the bandwagon and insinuate foul play, for me, I dont know of the last two registered users, I signed into ATS just today to register and contribute to this thread, having googled orange/white orb light manchester.

Without any explanation from a Research Unit dedicated to aerial phenomena... I turned to google to see if anyone local could help. I'd hope that the next contributors to this thread could positively provide me with at least some kind of valid explanation or constructive outcome to these sightings. I want to make a list of witnesses to these incidents. If anything because it is a national defence issue, if we aren't going to have it explained by an agency, surely its the job of the defence to explain or investigate what these phenomena are??

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Well you aint so intelligent then are you.

How about you search in Google about orange balls/orbs in Manchester and the Lancashire area and just see how many people have joined other websites over the years to explain the exact same thing as I have and the rest of us.

Seriously now, your annoying me. If you have nothing to add to this thread, why bother.

I'm annoying you? Does that mean I should tuck my tail between my legs and run for the hills? I tried to help with this thread but the simple fact is this, 2 people joined this thread that have NEVER posted before. I'd like to know the truth behind those two people. Why did they join? Did they join to add weight to the objects? Did they join at someones request?

I'm not going to apologise to the likes of you. I simply want the truth so we can carry on with this thread. If you're not prepared for that, then go away and leave serious investigation to those that know how to do it...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

hey i was just looking through the posts and saw this thread. I didn't expect that any one else had seen what I saw, that is why I've only just joined today after years of Reading posts on this site. ( I finally have something to report and to back up the report that was first posted)

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
rather than cry foul on the two people that joined, surely its in investigators and our best interest to invite them on what they have to add to the thread?

Just a suggestion, please can you both stop squabbling, it doesn't help the thread and just clutters things up!

So, I invite those two recent members to post their location in the Manchester Area, and I also invite them to explain what it is they saw, for how long, did the object make any strange movements or patterns?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I'd like to positively deny any knowing of members on here prior to me signing up this afternoon. I signed up in the hope that I could bring together local witnesses to this sighting or sightings over the past 6 months.

It is my belief that without me holding positive photographic or video evidence, the next step is to find strength in numbers, by this I mean people within the area that may of spotted or witnessed and hold accounts or reports to the same thing I have seen.
As stated in my previous post. The only person I held official discussions with by email was a mr.steve mera at MAPIT.
He responded within 1 day or 2 to apologise, but he could not identify the nature of what I observed on September 14th.

One of the big problems with the UFO phenomena is that people are all too quick to jump on the bandwagon and insinuate foul play, for me, I dont know of the last two registered users, I signed into ATS just today to register and contribute to this thread, having googled orange/white orb light manchester.

Without any explanation from a Research Unit dedicated to aerial phenomena... I turned to google to see if anyone local could help. I'd hope that the next contributors to this thread could positively provide me with at least some kind of valid explanation or constructive outcome to these sightings. I want to make a list of witnesses to these incidents. If anything because it is a national defence issue, if we aren't going to have it explained by an agency, surely its the job of the defence to explain or investigate what these phenomena are??

Thank you.

Glad you wrote that. For others to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join