It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Ball/Orb In Sky Over UK/Manchester.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hello Everyone.

I have always used this website but never had a reason to post anything, until recently I have been witness to some strange object in the sky, around my area.

On 14th of October and the 28th of October, I seen a large orange -seeming on fire- ball/orb in the night sky. On the first circumstance -14th- it was my mother who noticed it at first.

She was outside in our back garden, by herself. She was out there for roughly 1 minute until she turned around to notice the object in the sky, roughly a few inches higher then the houses in our area. At this point she ran into the house after looking at it for more then 10 seconds to come get me. I came from upstairs and into the back garden myself and there it was, right in front of me and my mother but now moved to the right of where she first noticed it. As I came out, I saw it high above me. It was roughly the size of a basketball at first, as it was closer to us both. I walked further outside and down my garden path to see it better and at that time, it started to move slowly away but really slow. I was amazed as the colour was so very bright. The best way I could describe it would be that is was a rich orange colour, seeming transparent maybe but to bright to see through, towards the middle it looked whiter, or brighter and around the edges, it was so bright it has its own glare. It was roughly 10ft at first above the house level, houses around here are roughly 40ft high, so your talking 50-60ft from the ground at first and at that point, it appeared basketball sized. ( give you a rough idea of its size. ) At this point I ran inside to get my camera phone, i sprinted to get it and came back, flipped it out and to my mistake, I tried to film it instead of taking a picture.( Which now I kick myself for as, the video I took of it was really bad.) It was only a 3.2 megapixel camera. Still here is the link to the video I uploaded of what I recorded.

I AM AWARE THIS VIDEO IS OF POOR QUALITY,. I UPLOADED IT FOR THE PURPOSE THAT I FILMED SOMETHING, WHETHER YOU TAKE THIS AS PROOF OR NOT. IT'S FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PRODUCING SOMETHING.

I am also aware that it looks like im using a laser pen of some sort, trust me, I would not bother to try and trick anyone. I am sick of hoaxes myself!

Here is the ink: Youtube Video

( I removed sound because I did not wont my voice to be heard. )

Now as you can see in that clip, there was something. At that point though, as I started to film, it was moving away into the distance. As i filmed it moved away and up, slowly and then dissolved into nothing. That was it, it was gone.

The second sighting, again, near my house but this time in front of our house and quite far away in the night sky.

I was notified about it being there as my mum was phoned by my brother saying his girlfriend has noticed it when she was out in her garden and they live roughly 30 mins walk from us. As my mum answered the phone, she shouted to me to come outside to look and also my uncle was here to look too. All 3 of use went outside to view the sky and there it was, the same orange ball/orb floating in the night sky but at a fast pace this time. From one side of the sky, to the other. Then soon dissolved yet again, into nothing. ( Like it just turned off in the sky, light out! )

So after that, having witnessed it twice, makes me question what it really was. Now im no scientist but im also no fool and common sense tells me, something aint right.

Now im sure you will jump at me saying, its Chinese lanterns. Nope. It's nothing like a burning Chinese lantern, this things was BRIGHT!....Very BRIGHT! Like looking at the sun bright, but did not seem to bother my eyes.

Please comment on what you guys think it is or what it could be. I have done some research and it seems others in my area and the rest of the world have seen these orange orbs before.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by BlackProject]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProject
Hello Everyone.

I have always used this website but never had a reason to post anything, until recently I have been witness to some strange object in the sky, around my area.

On 14th of October and the 28th of October, I seen a large orange -seeming on fire- ball/orb in the night sky. On the first circumstance -14th- it was my mother who noticed it at first.

She was outside in our back garden, by herself. She was out there for roughly 1 minute until she turned around to notice the object in the sky, roughly a few inches higher then the houses in our area. At this point she ran into the house after looking at it for more then 10 seconds to come get me. I came from upstairs and into the back garden myself and there it was, right in front of me and my mother but now moved to the right of where she first noticed it. As I came out, I saw it high above me. It was roughly the size of a basketball at first, as it was closer to us both. I walked further outside and down my garden path to see it better and at that time, it started to move slowly away but really slow. I was amazed as the colour was so very bright. The best way I could describe it would be that is was a rich orange colour, seeming transparent maybe but to bright to see through, towards the middle it looked whiter, or brighter and around the edges, it was so bright it has its own glare. It was roughly 10ft at first above the house level, houses around here are roughly 40ft high, so your talking 50-60ft from the ground at first and at that point, it appeared basketball sized. ( give you a rough idea of its size. ) At this point I ran inside to get my camera phone, i sprinted to get it and came back, flipped it out and to my mistake, I tried to film it instead of taking a picture.( Which now I kick myself for as, the video I took of it was really bad.) It was only a 3.2 megapixel camera. Still here is the link to the video I uploaded of what I recorded.

I AM AWARE THIS VIDEO IS OF POOR QUALITY,. I UPLOADED IT FOR THE PURPOSE THAT I FILMED SOMETHING, WHETHER YOU TAKE THIS AS PROOF OR NOT. IT'S FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PRODUCING SOMETHING.

I am also aware that it looks like im using a laser pen of some sort, trust me, I would not bother to try and trick anyone. I am sick of hoaxes myself!

Here is the ink: Youtube Video

( I removed sound because I did not wont my voice to be heard. )

Now as you can see in that clip, there was something. At that point though, as I started to film, it was moving away into the distance. As i filmed it moved away and up, slowly and then dissolved into nothing. That was it, it was gone.

The second sighting, again, near my house but this time in front of our house and quite far away in the night sky.

I was notified about it being there as my mum was phoned by my brother saying his girlfriend has noticed it when she was out in her garden and they live roughly 30 mins walk from us. As my mum answered the phone, she shouted to me to come outside to look and also my uncle was here to look too. All 3 of use went outside to view the sky and there it was, the same orange ball/orb floating in the night sky but at a fast pace this time. From one side of the sky, to the other. Then soon dissolved yet again, into nothing. ( Like it just turned off in the sky, light out! )

So after that, having witnessed it twice, makes me question what it really was. Now im no scientist but im also no fool and common sense tells me, something aint right.

Now im sure you will jump at me saying, its Chinese lanterns. Nope. It's nothing like a burning Chinese lantern, this things was BRIGHT!....Very BRIGHT! Like looking at the sun bright, but did not seem to bother my eyes.

Please comment on what you guys think it is or what it could be. I have done some research and it seems others in my area and the rest of the world have seen these orange orbs before.

Haven't even read your post yet, but had to tell you I've seen this as well and I'm in San Diego. Matter of Fact, it was the First UFO I'd ever seen.

Did the one you saw have like blue lightening shooting out of it? Like electricity in small bursts.

I should probably read your post first, but I got excited and wanted to let you know you are not crazy.

Peace

P.S. It looks like red hot Iron or Burnt orange. I saw mine in the middle of the day hovering over san diego to the west shooting what appeared to be blue lights to various locations below.

Peace

[edit on 31-10-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It could be satellites ,I use to confuse them for u.f.o.s myself

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Hey appreciate the reply, it's nice to see others helping confirm what I saw.

I did not see any form of electrical bursts or anything of that nature but it seems what you saw was the same thing as me, as I have read another incident where one guy explained the exact same thing as what you and I have seen and he explained that he saw that one giving off electrical burst's into the city, as he said it. "As if it was collecting something."

All I seen was the an orange ball/orb in the sky, moving effortlessly and silent. ( Take into account when I first seen that object, it was close yet no sound. )

I have also looked into every possibility it could be and considering you have seen what appears to be the same thing, id say you know full well this aint normal.

"It could be satellites ,I use to confuse them for u.f.o.s myself" Not that.

What satellite do you know that can come as low as building level, then float upwards towards the night sky after floating at house level for more then 30 seconds or more?.... and also come back on a separate occasion, two times in the same month!

Oh and also gives off a brightness that is far more then anything I have ever seen.

It aint no satellite, so tick that one off the list.

It's annoying because what I saw straight away I knew, this aint explainable, yet everyone seems to make me want to question my own eyes.

Reply back mate with anymore info, I wanna understand what this is.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProject

Congratulations on your sighting, you have seen a ufo orb of the amber/orange type and is very consistent as you describe it basketball sized. You will get accused of mistaking it for chinese lanterns and marsh gas and fire flies and venus, but from the evidence provided you have seen a real life ufo orb. Manchester/Lancashire is a real hotspot and is up there with Derbyshire in the ufo orb sightings

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
My friends have seen these in the liverpool / lancashire area.

Seems to be a familiar sigthing

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

Congratulations on your sighting, you have seen a ufo orb of the amber/orange type and is very consistent as you describe it basketball sized. You will get accused of mistaking it for chinese lanterns and marsh gas and fire flies and venus, but from the evidence provided you have seen a real life ufo orb. Manchester/Lancashire is a real hotspot and is up there with Derbyshire in the ufo orb sightings

Appreciate the good feedback.

Im aware of those who like to dismiss something like this as Chinese Lanterns, Marsh Gas, Fire Flies and Venus. All of these however good explanations, still do not hold up to what I seen. So please to those thinking of replying with either of these, don't.

From a Google search I seem to have brought up many of the same sightings in this area as you mentioned. In the Manchester/Lancashire area, Derbyshire too as you said and places in Scotland. Basically all over the UK really but mainly in my area, it seems.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

You could do with asking what they saw. If they or you could comment on their sightings here, that would help get a more detailed view on the situation.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Just posted in the other thread about the uk orange orbs, i saw 2 more tonight.

Sorry not too good on the computer so dont know how to post a link to it so maybe check my post history if you want to read about what i saw.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My Daughter and I saw something very similar tonight over Liverpool at around 20.15, we where heading down the M62 into the city, I asked if she could see it, and she surprised me by saying yes and that it was just over there, and she pointed about 90 degrees to the right, she had followed it, it was moving pretty fast , no flashing lights, and certainly was not a lantern, seen enough of them in my investigations and research to know what they look like within seconds.

It was moving North West towards Widnes, I lost sight of it because I was trying to concentrate on driving and it was a little wet.

Got to add my Daughter gets really scared when we see things like this, she used to travel with me, last year we saw one at Shell Island North Wales, and made a report, the nearby Llanbedr base lit up and people on the base where running everywhere as it passed over, seeing how the base is now a mothballed Nuclear V Bomber base, it was kind of surprising, anyhow she became scared when UFO hunters asked us could they interview us, they where making a show about the helicopter chasing the UFO over the river seven, the show was cancelled after the evidence disappeared and they then denied the incident, also my Daughter wanted nothing to do with it she was so afraid of what she had seen.

Then about 3 or 4 months ago our sighting was backed up, when someone else reported the exact same descriptive object at the same location, made it more interesting for ufocasebook, because they already had our report and description on their files.

So tonight's sighting really upset her a lot, my best guess it would have been seen over Widnes and Warrington if the course stayed the same, and between 20.15 and 21.00, after that is anyones guess.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProject

Originally posted by mr-lizard

You could do with asking what they saw. If they or you could comment on their sightings here, that would help get a more detailed view on the situation.

Already have in another thread, a year or two ago and i can't seem to find it.

In a nutshell on seperate occasions various friends and people i know have seen either a single orange orb or a trio of obrs flying in V formations and then making non random patterns , circles etc.

Glowing balls, definately not lanterns. Sighted both evening and night time for extended periods of time 2 minutes to 15 minutes roughly.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 31-10-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
My Daughter and I saw something very similar tonight over Liverpool at around 20.15, we where heading down the M62 into the city, I asked if she could see it, and she surprised me by saying yes and that it was just over there, and she pointed about 90 degrees to the right, she had followed it, it was moving pretty fast , no flashing lights, and certainly was not a lantern, seen enough of them in my investigations and research to know what they look like within seconds.

It was moving North West towards Widnes, I lost sight of it because I was trying to concentrate on driving and it was a little wet.

Got to add my Daughter gets really scared when we see things like this, she used to travel with me, last year we saw one at Shell Island North Wales, and made a report, the nearby Llanbedr base lit up and people on the base where running everywhere as it passed over, seeing how the base is now a mothballed Nuclear V Bomber base, it was kind of surprising, anyhow she became scared when UFO hunters asked us could they interview us, they where making a show about the helicopter chasing the UFO over the river seven, the show was cancelled after the evidence disappeared and they then denied the incident, also my Daughter wanted nothing to do with it she was so afraid of what she had seen.

Then about 3 or 4 months ago our sighting was backed up, when someone else reported the exact same descriptive object at the same location, made it more interesting for ufocasebook, because they already had our report and description on their files.

So tonight's sighting really upset her a lot, my best guess it would have been seen over Widnes and Warrington if the course stayed the same, and between 20.15 and 21.00, after that is anyones guess.

Nice to see someone else sighting this too. Thanks for the detailed write up, will help document it for future reference.

" it was moving pretty fast , no flashing lights, and certainly was not a lantern, seen enough of them in my investigations and research to know what they look like within seconds."

The second sighting I had on the 28th of October was moving fast, like you mentioned. It moved across the night sky right in front of my house, as I said, me, my mum, my uncle, brother and my brothers girlfriend watched this one at the same time having had my brothers girlfriend phone our house to say she seen it. So this one was viewable for quite a distance but was only visible for more then, id say, getting on for a minute before it faded away.

Im glad you said "and certainly was not a lantern, seen enough of them in my investigations" as my common sense told me what I saw was not a lantern, it was a pure orange glow, like the sun bright.

Normally when you look at something in the sky, no matter what it is. If its something we have seen in our lives or know about, our brain picks up and it, and we naturally dont worry for it, we normally just dismiss it........ Still when I looked up at this object, nothing fit. It was like I was not meant to see it.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I am thinking of heading up to Winter hill maybe later, my wife wants to see what the fuss is all about, and we could see most of the whole area from there, trying to find my camera charger lol and need to track down some 35 mm film with it being after 5 on Sunday.

It's a little cold to be up near the hills but this needs to be explained, it's happening every night now.

If I go and see anything I will bring it here to ATS.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread: some of these sightings can indeed be explained as sky lanterns, there's no question. But I guarantee you with great certainty that the majority are not! It's just that the frequency of real UFO orb activity -- which I believe are extraterrestrials of a multi-dimensional existence -- is increasing, and more people are noticing. People are becoming more aware of the phenomenon. Yes, I realize that to the rational mind this info. might seem ridiculous and far-fetched, but it's true! If you truly think that all the amber/orange UFO orbs you see flying around in England are nothing but paper lanterns, I cannot be more ardent in telling you that you are entirely mistaken and only deceiving yourself. Take it from someone who witnessed two orbs a few hundred feet above his neighbor's roof, morphing, multiplying, and materializing out of nowhere for a span of 20 minutes last August. The phenomenon is real. When/if it ever becomes accepted, public knowledge that these things do infact exist and are intelligently controlled, you are going to remember people like me and ufoorbhunter.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I also live in manchester, iv'e seen these on numerous occasions now and i agree that there not satalites or lanterns. let's hope we get some disclosure about things that have been going on soon

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hi there blackproject,
I am new to ATS. However I did try and send you a Private Message to discuss your sighting. (wont allow as I need over 20 posts first)
Which area of Manchester, UK are you in? Please could you contact me and send me your landline via PM? I'd like to discuss this a little further?

My family have been witnesses to strange orbs of light in the Manchester area for the last 6-7 months, its become quite a hotspot here, we live in Denton, a small town which is between Ashton Under Lyne and Stockport.

My personal very first sighting happened this year in September 2009, I have since seen other orbs, but not reported them as of yet.
The one I seen in September I reported to MAPIT who research aerial phenomena in the local area, I got a report back to confirm that my sighting left them completely stumped, it wasn't an aircraft, wasnt a balloon and certainly didnt display any attributes that left me believing it was commercial aircraft.

Here is what I typed out to them in my report:
I am writing to you to report a strange light/object in the sky. I witnessed this at 09:05pm on 14th September 2009.

I wasn't the initial witness, as I was summoned by my mother from my own bedroom to follow her at around 09:02pm. She had watched this light from her own bedroom window for a few minutes previous. Her initial thought was that it was a plane/aircraft, however the light was approaching and had not made or emitted any flashing light which are usually associated with terrestrial/commercial aircraft.

I got to the bedroom window of my mums room and looked up into the sky, it wasn't cloudy and was clear enough, what I saw was a circular white light that was moving quickly across the sky. The objects light didn't flash and the object continued to move, as the object moved out of view I ran downstairs into the back garden to observe the object a minute or two more, I was joined by my older brother who witnessed the object as well, through his binoculars he tracked it for a few seconds then asked me to have a look, when I got the binoculars and managed to bring it into view I couldn't see any red or blue lights or any tail or wings.. it was a circular white/bright light, at some point in the sky it appeared to 'power down' and then disappear out of view, almost fading into the night sky, I could still see the object and caught a slight glimpse of the outline of the object move or bank in a sharp right movement and I then lost track of it. I am unsure if the object went up into the sky out of view or too far away in the distance for me to continuously view it.

I would welcome your feedback or explanation after examination of the incident, I would also be interested in hearing if anybody else witnessed this same object/light in the sky. The evening was very clear and I would be hoping that because I do not have photographic or video evidence, that someone else has reported the incident.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I live in a town 10 miles out from Liverpool and seen these quite a few times.

I've also seen one every night for the last 3 nights. Strange things they are,definately not aircraft.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superiorraw
it appeared to 'power down' and then disappear out of view, almost fading into the night sky, I could still see the object and caught a slight glimpse of the outline.

Very well spotted. It's rare you hear of anybody spotting the fade out effect and still making out the shape of the ufo orb. It happens for sure and it makes you wonder how many of them are up there all the time in this almost invisible state.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by ufoorbhunter]

[edit on 1-11-2009 by ufoorbhunter]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Can you describe the weather when you saw it?

Do any of you have access to an infrared camera? Failing that, do any of you have access to a night vision camera or lens?

[edit on 1-11-2009 by PW229]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229
Can you describe the weather when you saw it?

Second line for silly reasons.

Are you referring to my post or the threadstarter?
I'll answer anyway just in case.

On my sighting on the 14th of September
there was hardly any cloud in the sky that night, because of this I was quite surprised, particularly as Manchester seems to have alot of cloudy weather, even during the summer months of June, July & August we have cloudy weather it's rare now that we get days of clear weather, but i can confirm that it wasn't cloudy, the sky was clear. Visibility was excellent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join