It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Have Nothing To Fear (**read this thread it may change your life**)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
let me be the first to tell you this: you speak the truth.

there was a time when my family had a piece of land out in the middle of nowehere. we ate what we could catch or pick, from grasshopper to frogs, water spinach to mango. there was a river where we got our water and a house made from palm tree leaves and lumber that was on the land. we had a boat carved out from the trunks of a large tree. we hunted wild game with improvised tools ( which i feel is more effective than commercial sporting goods), ate fish from the ponds and rivers of surrounding areas. we harvested honey from bee's nest. we had methods of preserving food without refrigeration. we never had the need for power. we used oil lamps for lighting. the oil came from pork fat which you could extract from cooking it. the pork fat came from wild boars we caught in our traps. we grew rice, coconut, mango and a variety of other fruit and vegetables.

we still got sick once in a long while but there were plants from which we grinded up to make medicine with. there were also healing methods that worked wonders. here is an example of a natural healing method that we practiced then and still do today: boil a big pot of water, add citrus leaves (kaffir lime leaves are most effective). let water boil for about half an hour to extract the natural oil from kaffir leaves. find a nice and comfortable spot anywhere on the floor that is big enough for you and the pot. bring the boiling pot to this spot and strip naked. place a blanket over you and the pot( think sauna) and make sure the steam dont escape. sit there until you break out a sweat and keep this in mind: the longer you sweat the more your body release toxins through your skin. this method is recommended for cold and flu.

our house was built on a clay foundation, large beam made from wood to support the infrastructure. our roofing and walls were palm leaves tightly sewn together with vines (i do not remember the name of said vine but their extract could be made into delicious jello). it wasn't water tight but what droplet of water that did manage to slip through was absorbed by the clay. we had nylon strings but it was rare so we restricted their use to only fishing (a bamboo stick with a 5 ft. long nylon string was our rod).

wild games consisted of anything that fly, walk, and made of meat including rats. the rats there ate crops and were not contaminated with modern chemicals and is edible. we had a black lab that hunt rats like it was his nature. if you were to shake a guava tree and rats fell down, he would catch it in his mouth before it hit the ground and drop it in a bucket with the rat live and kicking. he died of old age. one of our favorite meat were cranes, sprinkle some rich and have a cast net ready of you want crane meat for dinner, it was that simple. what i remember most was our lush green surroundings, everywhere you look there would be trees, birds, water, and rice patties as far as the eye can see. i can go on and on about that life but it would take too much space so i'll stop here. where i was, you are guaranteed to never die of starvation, we would never put down starvation as your cause of death, it was just unheard of.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by DOADOA]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightBenderKev

That was most eloquently delivered. Very nicely done! Like a sooth-sayer!

Your words, indicate a genuine concern for others. That's a good quality to have in these times. Thank you for showing me the error of ways, however indirect and/or unintentional.

I will stay grounded...

~~--~~Outward Change Begins Within~~--~~

Thank you for the kind words.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway
Well, that really is not true, is it? There are many places where there is no abundance but indeed a scarcity of plants and bushes that would or could provide free food.

The universe constantly amazes me, in the past I would think the same. I ask you to please take the time to watch the documentary FLOW if you have not seen it. It's about the world's water shortages and how some people are actively finding ways to fight the problem cheaply. There is also a very interesting scene in the documentary where a group of people were able to create a highly vegetated green area in the middle of the desert. They got all sorts of rich greenery to grow! Is this really possible? In the middle of the desert on hot dry believed to be dead land you can tap into water and can create lakes and a forest? Apparently so, it's been done. Some have even claimed this is an ANCIENT technique. Done before and known about for centuries! Remember there are plants in the dry desert too. HOW? We are so misinformed, there are some very real possibilities here all around the world. I am by no means an expert on life in the desert. But in areas of believed endless scarcity, things can be reversed. I am aware of the possibilities.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Colopatiron]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Who said anything about just eating berries? Berries are just one source of food that can be used to eat raw, make jellies and jams, wine, tea, syrup, and even used for medicinal purposes to name just a few. My goal is having a recurring sustainable food source. I also think in terms of helping to feed my neighbors and community if they need it while also having a source of trade. Think of it this way; hard times come. I have fresh fruit, berries, nuts, jellies, dried fruit, wine, or whatever; and I'd like eggs, milk, meat, flour, rice or whatever someone else has to trade (not necessarily food). If they want something that I have, then I have something to offer in trade.

BTW, growing straight up is an excellent idea. You can grow more food in less space that way. This is what I did for my strawberries. It can be made from common boards or anything just lying around as well. This technique can be used for vegetables, plants, or even a common flowerbed.

Strawberry Pyramid

In the event of the SHTF, I know that my strawberries will come back every year (along with all the other food that I planted and will continue to plant) so I know to expect them at harvest. That's a whole lot better than sitting on my hands and wondering how in the world will I and my family survive with absolutely nothing to eat, no knowledge of where any edible food could be, or how I'm going to be able to get it. In the meantime, all I'll have to do is work on cultivating, canning, storing, and/or searching for other food/items.

We live in a time when the knowledge of the old ways of self-sustaining is dying out with our elders. For all we know, TPTB are counting on it. If we cannot take care of ourselves, then they know that we'll come running to them for help. At that point, they have the power to either help us or turn us away. Personally, I'd rather rely on myself, my own foresight, planning, and resources. I will not just lay down and die. Our ancestors didn't. They pooled their knowledge and resources to figure out to survive. Without those individuals who stuck it out, we wouldn't be here right now. I will not let their effort be in vain.

This is a serious thread meant to educate, stimulate, and awaken those who have forgotten that we all come from survival stock. The OP didn't have to share his/her knowledge. I didn't have to share mine. Please respect others who sincerely try to reach out and help others. I hear so many people complain about how selfish the world is and how everybody is expecting everybody else to do everything, and how the US is full of superficial idiots who care and think only of ourselves. That isn't true. When we learn to open our minds and accept information for what it is and try to learn from it instead of either openly or subtly belittling it, we may come to a sudden realization that there are good people in the world actually trying to make a difference in any way they can. That gives me hope for humanity.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm trying to imagine how to get to this mythical place where I can live to be 120 living in a home made of wood and eating free food. Nope. Can't get there...not even in my imagination. Reality keeps getting in my way.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeddiRevolution
So when does the world end, that's what I'm waiting for. Of course there is nothing to fear, we live in America.

I think this is the mentality many conspiracy theorists hold. You want the suffering to end. You are borderline suicidal and have lost hope. You want the bad people to get their just desserts. However eventually you will have to wake up and realize that the world will not end. You will likely live to 60+ and you will face each day, after day, after day. You have to eventually come to grips with this reality and LIVE.

For those that are still in the struggle to fight the opression and corruption, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the corruption runs very deep. One could say, if only the government didn't allow for bad chemicals to be in foods. If only the food packaging companies didn't decide to add bad chemicals. If farmers didn't add bad chemicals like pesticides and hormones. If only the shipping companies would raise their standards on what they ship. If only the consumer would demand more. The corruption stretches into every aspect of society, it is the world! Like a tentacled beast it extends into every facet of life. People hate slave labor but love cheap shoes. YOU CANNOT CHANGE THIS SYSTEM BY FIGHTING AGAINST IT. It's laughable to think you can, it stretches far too deep into everything. You cannot just hate the government, you have to also hate the companies, hate the people! It's the biggest conspiracy of them all, that everyone is in on it. Not just a few elites.

So in my opinion, you cannot fight against it, you must find another approach, you must fight from within first. You must become self-sufficient and remove yourself to an extend from the dependency. What if you move towards a lifestyle where you don't have to work, ever! Free food, free shelter, free or cheap alternative energy, peace of mind that no matter what happens you are self sustained. Suddenly the tentacles don't reach you as much. If they want to charge $1,000 for energy a month and $5 a gallon for gas, you aren't effected. If they want to put chemicals in food that are banned in other parts of the world, no problem. You may even clean your own water as well. Suddenly you are fighting the worldwide corruption at another level, by being self-sufficient and independent, wherever you go. Let your creativity create your wealth to cover your costs associated with land, taxes, these things here and there. Even the retired have to worry about certain things like this! We are essentially talking about retiring! Getting to a point where you don't need to work but can. Where maybe in your area free shelter is a stretch. How about still using some money you save up over 2-5 years to build your house and pay for the land instead of buying a house outright and going into 20-30 years of debt?

I am not talking about instant drop everything and instant realization it happens because I said it. I'm talking with work, with some savings, you can move away from it. Money makes everything easier, get a job if you can and use the money to build and buy the things you need to make this a reality. However at the fundamental basics, it's not required. The universe provides it for free. These are not opinions, these are SCIENTIFIC FACTS.

Plant a seed and it will grow and you will have food. No matter what anyone tells you or says you can or cannot do, it will happen. The materials are there for shelter if you either take, negotiate, or pay. I never said not to pay, I never said don't buy land, don't pay to create a garden. You don't need to buy tools, they can always be borrowed or made, that's how it's been done throughout history. However if you lack the ability or simply would rather trade money for the time it takes to do it, you could. Remember you are not really trading MONEY. You are trading your skills and time spent at a job!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
OP I appreciate you trying to give people hope, but I have to tell you...

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE WORLD REALLY WORKS. IF YOU DID YOU WOULD NOT SLEEP AT NIGHT.

You claim you know all conspiracies and that this seems to be your conclusion, I highly doubt it, because if you knew what i know now, you definitely would understand that these things are not possible, with the structure that has been set up, there is no way that the people on this planet will be free if they don't ever wake up and start fighting the people who have infiltrated virtually every valuable institution in our history for the purpose of Eugenics and Population control.

I think that is the problem with a lot of the conspiracy theories out there. Many are formulated on the thought that there are some elite people out there calling the shots in a NWO fashion. The problem is however like you said, "people" have infiltrated every valuable institution in our history. DO NOT FORGET THESE ARE PEOPLE. I know sometimes people start talking about companies and they treat them like they are robots. These are ran by people. It's at every level, you cannot fight it HEAD ON because you are talking about systems that are in place for hundreds to thousands of years. Like I said above, the tentacles are far reaching. It's not just John in the government, it's Dave at the packaging company, Steve at the farm, and Mike the consumer. Everyone is in on it. That is heartbreaking to truly realize.

If you want to fight it, you have to unplug yourself like in the Matrix. While everyone is scrambling around in suits walking to work, you can casually walk through these crowds with a new sense of reality. You are no longer in the program. If the program collapses, you are free from it. You've raised your awareness, you've prepared. Take away everything you have and you can move by foot and restablish yourself. This is the same thing that happens with very wealthy people who lose everything. Many of them lose everything and find a way to eventually become wealthy again. Wealthy twice, how is that possible if some can't even become wealthy once? The reality is they've understood the principles, that wealth is creativity, they create! Create 20-100 easy to do things (that you find easy to do) over the next 2 years and see how it changes your life!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Wallachian

That would be actually nice, but unfortunately my apartment in Berlin does not get enough light. I have plants, but mostly plants that prefer shadow. And in winter it's even worse...

Quite a challenge, I agree. But the light problem can be corrected. The sun does shine there, correct? You have windows? Mirrors? A lot of plants can be grown in pots.

My parents who live in Romania have a city garden and tried two years in a row to grow some tomatoes and potatoes and so, but even with all the watering and care they suffered a slow painful death. Apparently tomatoes don't agree much with 40 degrees Celsius and full sun all day long.

That would be, what, 106°F? Around here it gets that hot every year, yet we still grow tomatoes and potatoes just fine. Even in full sun. I'd suggest checking what type of soil they are using; some soils do better for certain plants than others, or you can adjust soil pH to accept the types of plants you want to grow.

Be careful when it is that hot of watering during the day. Water in the evening, as the sun is going down. That way you don't wind up accidentally steaming your plants.

Tomatoes like a lot of nitrogen. Both tomatoes and potatoes seem to thrive in moderate pH soils. You can reduce soil acidity by mixing in a small amount of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate).

Oh, and you can grow tomatoes upside down in pots, which makes them perfect for hanging indoor plants. if you are interested, u2u me and I will try to get you some information on this technique.

I am addressing this for two reasons: of course, I am happy to provide information to help you specifically, but I am also making a point. The key is knowledge, and the knowledge you just read cost you what?

So you see, it's really not that easy.

No, it's not easy. I don't think anyone has said it is. It can be hard. But it is completely possible.

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Colopatiron

Where maybe in your area free shelter is a stretch. How about still using some money you save up over 2-5 years to build your house and pay for the land instead of buying a house outright and going into 20-30 years of debt?

Well again you seem to be talking about your experience, your life, your world, your area and ignoring the rest of the world. Where I live it would take considerably more than 2-5 years to buy land, considering the hugely inflated cost of living now, and the taxation of everything possible. Most do not even have anything left to save. One would still have to save up for the cost of the building which may be less than a mortgaged house, but not much less. And unless one was rich one would need a huge loan to do this.
But for the sake of fantasy let us assume I can buy land. Strangely enough there are places one can buy land but you are not allowed to build on it. But let us assume I could. If I want to build a house or shelter of any kind, I would have to get planning consent to build. This is the law of the land and nobody can do anything about it. This would take many months, architects plans drawn up and many meetings. This means that this structure would have to be a house, not a hut made out of trees kindly given up by this fantasy farmer, as that would not be allowed. This house would have to conform to all the other houses in the neighbourhood, in looks and structure. It would have to have running water piped in, decent plumbing and electricity, and its very structure would have to conform to very strict building laws. If it did not comply to detailed regulations inside and out, I would not be allowed to live in said house and it is a certainty that if I did not change the structure and internal details to comply with the building regulations that I would have to pay to have the house demolished.
So how does the universe supply shelter for all?

Money makes everything easier, get a job if you can and use the money to build and buy the things you need to make this a reality. However at the fundamental basics, it's not required. The universe provides it for free. These are not opinions, these are SCIENTIFIC FACTS.

The only scientific facts here are that most are caught by the short and curlies and can do bugger all about it. The universe does not provide riches from creating. The universe does not provide free food for all. The universe does not provide free shelter for all.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Self reliance is your message. It's my belief that most in our society are comfortable in a rut complaining and are afraid to think outside of the box. In truth thinking outside of the box has never been something embraced by the masses which would explain some of the responses to the OP. The immediate nitpicking of minor errors in facts instead of seeing the message of self reliance. When people become as the old folks use to say, "tired of being tired" it's amazing how open they are to finding another way. There will be those who turn to themselves for the answers they need to resolve difficulties in their lives and those who spend their lifetime fighting within the box (rut) for others to do for them. Neither is wrong because both are based on free will however both are right for those choosing these options.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian
reply to post by gazerstar

That would be actually nice, but unfortunately my apartment in Berlin does not get enough light. I have plants, but mostly plants that prefer shadow. And in winter it's even worse...

My parents who live in Romania have a city garden and tried two years in a row to grow some tomatoes and potatoes and so, but even with all the watering and care they suffered a slow painful death. Apparently tomatoes don't agree much with 40 degrees Celsius and full sun all day long.

So you see, it's really not that easy.

Looks like someone else answered this for you.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Take away everything you have and you can move by foot and restablish yourself. This is the same thing that happens with very wealthy people who lose everything. Many of them lose everything and find a way to eventually become wealthy again. Wealthy twice, how is that possible if some can't even become wealthy once? The reality is they've understood the principles, that wealth is creativity, they create! Create 20-100 easy to do things (that you find easy to do) over the next 2 years and see how it changes your life!

I think that part of that is also expectation. The wealthy people who lose everything and then become wealthy again EXPECT to become wealthy again. They have the mindset of a wealthy person even if they have nothing to show for it. If they were pessimistic and all doom and gloom then they wouldn't put forth as much effort because what would be the point? The seed will never be sown if we just sit and look at the plow or expect someone else to do it for us. Edgar Cayce said many times, "The mind is the builder." We create our own physical reality through our actions/inactions. Our actions are shaped by our attitudes and controlled by our minds. If we think that life is hopeless, then it will be (at least for us--and only in our minds). On the other hand, someone less fortunate may see us in an entirely different light and think that we have it made. It's all perception. It's all perception and illusion. Reality goes both ways.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
everybody's ego gets inflated in these types of posts

dude was just trying to throw out some new ideas, i don't see the harm in that

be mad at the powers that be, not some guy trying to fight them

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Tomatoes like a lot of nitrogen. Both tomatoes and potatoes seem to thrive in moderate pH soils. You can reduce soil acidity by mixing in a small amount of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate).

Oh, and you can grow tomatoes upside down in pots, which makes them perfect for hanging indoor plants. if you are interested, u2u me and I will try to get you some information on this technique.

I'd like to add that my FIL swears by lime. He puts lime down every year before he plants his garden. He says that it balances the PH. I didn't do that this year, but I'm going to try it next year to see if I can tell a difference. He always has nice, big tomatoes and enough to put up and can.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
whats gonna happen if SHTF and we're gonna HAVE to try what the OP says...

2nd line

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar

Something interesting to share with you gazerstar is the nutritious benefits of the carrot. It's an amazing root vegetable. Did you know that the original carrots were not orange, they were black or dark purple? There are many colors of carrots but going back to ancient times in parts of Iraq they grew black. According to what I've read, they were brought over to the House of Orange, and breeded in a way to be orange. If you ever get a chance, stop into a whole food store and try to find some purple carrots or purple carrot juice. It is actually not only slightly higher in betacarotene and vitamin C to orange carrots, it also tastes in my opinion far better. It has a sweeter grape taste. Some say the carrot is a super food, I think the purple carrot is a superfood. One of the highest sources of betacarotene and it tastes great. It tastes so good that it's hard to believe it's carrot juice and good for you!

Here is a comparison...please notice these amounts are for HALF a cup (4oz). Imagine drinking a cup a day and it's health benefits.

Purple Carrot Juice
www.lakewoodjuices.com...

Orange Carrot Juice
www.lakewoodjuices.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

This is the same thing that happens with very wealthy people who lose everything. Many of them lose everything and find a way to eventually become wealthy again. Wealthy twice, how is that possible if some can't even become wealthy once? The reality is they've understood the principles, that wealth is creativity, they create! Create 20-100 easy to do things (that you find easy to do) over the next 2 years and see how it changes your life!

Wealthy people are not creative. They are usually cunning, duplicitous and use everyone around them. Truly creative people rarely make money. Most wealthy who get riches through producing goods, are creating a product that there usually is no need for and then using mind techniques to sell that product. There is nothing noble in that whatsoever. There is nothing creative in being cunning and greedy. The universe does not reward them for being so ‘creative’, they are just conning people into wanting something they do not need. They do not have the spiritual merit of understanding some universal law, they just have the cunning of the con artist in understanding how to sell something.
I have created all my life and it has got me progressively poorer.
Plus, how on earth is everything free, if you have to rely on other people having money in order to buy what you have in order to make you wealthy.
Any minute now this thread will swirl into a law of attraction nonsense.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar

I'd like to add that my FIL swears by lime. He puts lime down every year before he plants his garden. He says that it balances the PH. I didn't do that this year, but I'm going to try it next year to see if I can tell a difference. He always has nice, big tomatoes and enough to put up and can.

Yes lime is good for the soil farmers use it in their fields. It also works wonders for the grass. Had to use it this year due to a flea problem and not only did it rid the yard of fleas it made the grass thicker and greener.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I saw that, and I appreciate it.
I had thought about mirrors, reflective white paint, and indoor lighting; but indoor lighting takes electricity, and I figured I'd get called on that because it wouldn't be cheap or free. I also thought about hydroponics for people with no/little soil and little or no light, but again, that can be costly. Plants can even be grown in caves with the right equipment. Just ask the people who operated Marijuana Cave. That is, if they're not in prison.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
interesting post and it might work in an ideal world. Unfortunately i think there are too many rich and powerful men who have lots to loose if this were to become a reality. That fact alone will prevent everybody from living like this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join