It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Have Nothing To Fear (**read this thread it may change your life**)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

He should. But its extremely difficult for persons that enjoy fame at this kind of magnitude as he does to come to terms with themselves. For instance you can convince someone to work towards self improvement and that he can succeed and have all kinds of stuff once he reaches a certain level of self enlightenment. If a person is already enjoying all kinds of stuff and success acquired without following a philosophy of self improvement there is little you can do to motivate him with. If he utilizes his talent as a guide for self improvement after his fall period (if rumors are true) then chances are we will see another Mel Gibson on the scene.

Allow me Wallachian:

Originally posted by Wallachian
I'm a positive person, or at least i try to be one, and normally i would agree with you in saying we must not live our lives in fear, and things will work out for the best.

But i'm sorry to say, you seem to be living in a parallel universe. One in which you can squat wherever you like to, food jumps in your lap from rich pastures and lush woods, fuel to warm up your house comes for free, and so on.

Or you could say that such a person lives in his/her own reality. He/she might be the kind of person that makes things happen, or wish it should be.
Everyone of us lives in a reality, sometime it is of our own sometime is not.

Originally posted by Wallachian
I on the other hand live in a world in which shelters (we call them houses) are extremely expensive, squatting on private or public property is usually illegal, we have no place to grow our own food and nowhere to collect wild food from, and some of us have harsh winters in which we need A LOT of fuel to keep us from freezing to death.

Or you can say you live in a reality imposed on you by the others and your wills and wants have no particular weight in it. You'd rather follow others rules instead of making your own.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colopatiron

Originally posted by gazerstar

Something interesting to share with you gazerstar is the nutritious benefits of the carrot. It's an amazing root vegetable. Did you know that the original carrots were not orange, they were black or dark purple? There are many colors of carrots but going back to ancient times in parts of Iraq they grew black. According to what I've read, they were brought over to the House of Orange, and breeded in a way to be orange. If you ever get a chance, stop into a whole food store and try to find some purple carrots or purple carrot juice. It is actually not only slightly higher in betacarotene and vitamin C to orange carrots, it also tastes in my opinion far better. It has a sweeter grape taste. Some say the carrot is a super food, I think the purple carrot is a superfood. One of the highest sources of betacarotene and it tastes great. It tastes so good that it's hard to believe it's carrot juice and good for you!

Here is a comparison...please notice these amounts are for HALF a cup (4oz). Imagine drinking a cup a day and it's health benefits.

Purple Carrot Juice
www.lakewoodjuices.com...

Orange Carrot Juice
www.lakewoodjuices.com...

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Colopatiron]

Purple carrots? You just taught me something. Thanks for the info. I'll definately keep an eye out for them. Before you said that, if I had ever seen a black or purple carrot, I would have sworn that it was rotten.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An

I'd like to add that my FIL swears by lime. He puts lime down every year before he plants his garden. He says that it balances the PH. I didn't do that this year, but I'm going to try it next year to see if I can tell a difference. He always has nice, big tomatoes and enough to put up and can.

Yes lime is good for the soil farmers use it in their fields. It also works wonders for the grass. Had to use it this year due to a flea problem and not only did it rid the yard of fleas it made the grass thicker and greener.

I had no idea that it's good for fleas too. Thanks for the info!
I wonder if it works on Japanese Beetles? I had a horrible infestation of those this year.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I had no idea that it's good for fleas too. Thanks for the info!
I wonder if it works on Japanese Beetles? I had a horrible infestation of those this year.

Don't know but it would be worth a try.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by gazerstar

Lime (calcium carbonate) works well too, if it is available. I suggested sodium bicarbonate because some areas I have heard do not have easy access to lime.

Carrots: did you know that tomatoes and carrots thrive off each other? I always plant carrots among my tomatoes; it actually helps both plants thrive better (and doubles the yield from the same soil).

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Purple carrots? You just taught me something. Thanks for the info. I'll definately keep an eye out for them. Before you said that, if I had ever seen a black or purple carrot, I would have sworn that it was rotten.

Let me tell you I was very hessitant to try purple carrot juice. I got into reading up more on carrots after hearing about how people were curing cancer with it and it was a main staple in many longevity stories, people living to 100. High dosages of vitamin a (betacarotene) was shown to also help reverse emphysema in rats at a fairly high percentage. It also protects the skin and is good for the eyes. It goes on and on with benefits if you research it. There is a great video of the founder of the "juiceman juicer" who got into juicing after he had uric acid buildup from eating lots of meat. His words, not mine. He developed bladder cancer and met a doctor in NY who had him drink carrot juice regularly throughout the day and it got rid of it. This was years ago. He later created the juiceman juicer. It's fascinating when you research this type of stuff. I never thought it would lead me down such a road. Watch all the David Wolfe videos you can on youtube, very interesting guy.

I once offered some purple carrot juice to a friend, I covered the label and poured it saying I want you to try this. They tried it and said what is this? It tastes like grape juice. I said it's purple carrot juice! Even he thought it tasted like grape juice.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I guess mankinds problems can be explained in a few words.Greed,Jealously,power,religion and money.When mankind learns to get rid of theses negitive traits,our world will be a better place.Many advanced intelligent species exsist quite well without theses traits and have done for millions of years.One day we may catch up to the rest of the universe and understand we can exsist without theses negitive traits.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Good post OP! i feel where you are coming from and a lot of your thoughts have been thought about by quite a few many ppl. but not many enough.

Lets hope the real human spirit prevails on everyone

And am sure all the ones who haven't agreed here at this moment, will surely understand it sooner than later

Cheers

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Carrots: did you know that tomatoes and carrots thrive off each other? I always plant carrots among my tomatoes; it actually helps both plants thrive better (and doubles the yield from the same soil).

TheRedneck

No. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info! I'm learning all kinds of new things tonight. That's the beauty of sharing knowledge.

Oh! My FIL told me about somebody he knew one time who stacked old tires, filled the hole with dirt, and grew potatoes in them. When it came time to harvest, the guy just removed the tires and easily pulled them out of the dirt. That's another neat way of reducing space and growing 'up'. I'm thinking of trying that next year too with both regular and sweet potatoes. I love to experiment.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Oh yes potatoes!
Here you go:
www.hillgardens.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The new revolution that is going on right now is green smoothies. Based on documentaries I've watched, some raw foodist have pointed out that if you look at the chimpanzees diet and break it up into percentages, it's primarily fruit, vegetables, and a very small percentage of bugs. They do not eat meat, only in extremely rare situations of canabilism! This is our closest DNA match ironically and closest body makeup. One raw foodist pointed out that she had a hard time eating dark greens by themself with no dressing. She would even gag a little. She later discovered that chimps rolled their berries in leaves and ate them! How interesting is that, talk about getting back to your basics. She also noticed that bears would swipe a handful of berries and leaves and would eat it all together. She then started juicing greens with fruit and made green smoothies. I tried it and she is right, the fruit overpowers the taste of the greens. I personally prefer 3 bananas blended with half a head of spinach. I add some water so it's not as thick. You can also add frozen blueberries for an added kick, and any frozen fruit makes it more like a smoothie. I find that this makes for a great meal replacement and is very filling and nutritious. Eating a head of spinach a day would seem to be almost impossible if you didn't do it this way. If you want to live to 100+, I think we have to explore things like this.

David Wolfe really advocates this too if you watch his youtube videos because you can add all sorts of raw, nutrient rich foods into a smoothie and get more nutrients. You can fuel this lifestyle by growing what you can.

Based on everything I have researched, it concludes we are not really meant to eat meat but our body is strong enough to live on it if around. This is based on us having longer intestinal tracks versus carnivores with shorter intestinal tracks who are able to more quickly excrete the meat so it doesn't rot or stay too long inside them. We also have a PH balance that is suppose to be more alkaline, whereas carnivores have a more acidic makeup. We are also more succeptable to pathogens and diseases in meats than we are in plants, the diseases that effect plants don't effect us nearly as much. Therefore if we eat a diseased plant, it's less likely to harm us than some diseased worm infested meat. Also plants like human fertilzer which always reminds me of some chimp eating a seed, pooping it out and a tree growing. Then there is the CO2/Oxygen relationship between plants and humans. This is a universally balanced relationship. Plants also have built in enzymes that help the body naturally break them down that takes pressure off our digestive system. Meat does as well but you have to eat it raw, so again you lose those enzymes. It takes much longer to break down meats versus plants. The brain is fueled on glucose also, you need fruit to help you think straight or stay alert! Add the fact that people don't salivate or jump around for raw meat like dogs do! But are highly attracted to the smell of fruits that we put the fruit fragrances in everything! Throw in the chimps and their diet and you see we really aren't suppose to eat meat. Read the book the CHINA STUDY (a book that explores what they eat in China in areas less proned to cancer and heart disease) and you'll see they eat very low amounts of meat. Primarily rice with maybe a slice of meat on top if any. I'm not saying don't eat meat, I know some cannot do that. I still eat meat, I'm just saying to eat more fruits and vegetables since it's really what your body needs.

Getting back to the fascinating reality of the universe, fruits and vegetables have roughly the same balance of water as the human body and as the planet. Tell me that isn't some strange coincidence. Roughly 70-80% in the body, in fruit/vegetables, on earth, that's strangely aligned isn't it! WATER, wow, isn't that fascinating.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Thank you! Bookmarked and saved! The wire method looks to be more efficient than the tire method would probably be. It also looks nicer.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway
Wealthy people are not creative. They are usually cunning, duplicitous and use everyone around them. Truly creative people rarely make money. Most wealthy who get riches through producing goods, are creating a product that there usually is no need for and then using mind techniques to sell that product. There is nothing noble in that whatsoever. There is nothing creative in being cunning and greedy. The universe does not reward them for being so ‘creative’, they are just conning people into wanting something they do not need. They do not have the spiritual merit of understanding some universal law, they just have the cunning of the con artist in understanding how to sell something.
I have created all my life and it has got me progressively poorer.
Plus, how on earth is everything free, if you have to rely on other people having money in order to buy what you have in order to make you wealthy.
Any minute now this thread will swirl into a law of attraction nonsense.

Would you mind giving some examples of these products you are thinking about that people are buying based on mind control and a lack of any need for? In my experience, people tend to buy things that they want that either adds value or makes them feel better, not things they have no need for at all. Granted there are some out there that ocassionally buy things they have no need for out of impulse, however over time they realize that their money is limited and they grow to be more cautious and frugal with what they spend their money on.

I think you have grown to become jaded on how wealth is created. You said you've created things all your life, what have you created?

The premise is that the item you create adds value to your life or the lives of people you know, therefore will likely add value in other people's lives. There are a lot of very obscure creations that have made people money. Even cheap things that have a novelty factor like for example beanie babies or baseball cards. They provide a superficial joy to certain people's lives. Do they need beanie babies, no! Do these people need added joy in their life, possibly. I think you have to remember that a lot of creations set out to add some joy or try to make people's lives a little easier.

Do you need a bag of chocolate chip cookies? No, however they may provide joy. Do you need an ipod? No, however it may help you workout to lose weight and change your life.

As I stated in the original post, everything you truly need the universe provides for you. Food, shelter, etc. Wealth is created in the area of adding value, anything extra is a blessing. Being able to own certain things like an IPOD or a TV should not be looked down upon. They are advancements in human ingenuity! They are an added blessing on many people's lives. In many ways, many of us are living better lives than the pharoah could have ever imagined living in Egypt! We are living better lives than certain kings in history have lived! I do not look down upon wealth or material things, however at my core I know what really matters!

Creativity or creating is how wealth is made, this is a fact. It is very difficult to become wealthy if you do not create anything. When you create you become an owner of something, you have a product, you have added something into the world. At that point, the level of wealth is based on need. Nothing says you have to stop there, you can go on creating endlessly. Marketing is often the ability to show people why they need it or how it could benefit them. You could lie and be sneaky but if caught you risk losing credibility and losing referral sales. Given most people require return policies, you'd get a lot of returns.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Colopatiron]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Had to step away to take care of some business and I come back to see that this thread has grown quite a bit.

I see that oneclickaway is still here and arguing about how the whole world is evil and life is too hard.

oneclickaway - If you don't mind sharing some info .. how old are you and where do you live?

To all of the other people that understand what the OP is talking about and adding thei own POSITIVE messages, ideas, and experiences .. I applaud you and appreciate your input.

To all of the other people that want to bitch, moan, complain, and wallow in their personal doom&gloom evil world attitudes ... I think there's a new post about how the NWO rented airplanes from the Illuminati who were renting the planes themselves from the Bildebergs, who on the contrary was mixed up in a heated game of "strip the world of people" poker with Masons, Knights Templar, and the U.S. Government, but the U.S. wasn't paying attention to the game because they were planning the newest fake moon landings and alien cover up stories with NASA, which all boils down to ... What the hell was I talking about again? OH YEAH!! So Michael Moore, Barack Obama, Rush Limbaugh, and Glen Beck were flying the plane that crashed into the Pentagon (or where they?
) while Sarah Palin, Hilary Clinton, Laura Bush, and The Queen of England were split up for the WTC Attack. Fox News, CNN, Cspan, MSNBC, and the rest of the MSM hypocrites crashed in Shanksville, because those people can NEVER get anything right afterall. ... This is starting to give me a migraine trying to keep up with all of this crap. No wonder you people are so damned grumpy.

ANYWAY ... I done a little research on land pricing, since that seemed to be the most common bitch amongst the naysayers. Turns out .. An acre of land in the U.S. ranges from $50 up to $5,000+. And that's if you want to buy it.
You can rent an acre of land in the U.S. from $4 up to $300+ a month.

For those readers who aren't very familiar with how big an acre is ...
1 acre = 43,560 square feet or 4,840 square yards. It is as big as three-quarters of an American football field (160 ft x 360 ft) and can hold about 200 parked cars.

Imagaine that? A space big enough to park 200 cars for only a few bucks a day. And NO, that is not the prices only available to my small Texas town. That's the national average for the entire U.S.
Let's do a little quick math, with strawberries for an example ..
1 plant can yield on average - 1lb of fruit.
Average price per lb - $3
Plant to Spacing Ratio - 1:1ft. (That means 1 plant every 1 foot)
1 acre = 43,560 square feet.
Considering row spacing and extra plant space we could easily get half of that for planting, so ..
21,780 planting feet. (plant to space was a 1:1 ratio)
Let's round that down to 20,000 feet just to be safe.
20,000 planting feet = 20,000 plants = 20,000 lbs @ $3/lb = $60,000

But that's silly right .. I mean who in the hell would want 20K lbs. of strawberries.
Let's mix it up and plant vegetables, fruits, herbs, spices. flowers, and some specialties like cactus.
Let's not mess with trees for the sake of arguement because they take much longer to grow, mature, and produce.

Some fruits and vegetables can be as high as $30/lb.

Seeds are cheap. Most are less than $1 per package. Some packages, depending on the plant can have more than 1,000 seeds. Now in a perfect world, 1 seed would equal 1 plant. But we know we're not perfect. Let's say that since we're just now starting out and for some reason we just flat out suck at this gardening business and give ourselves a 75% failure rating. That means we still get 250 plants to grow. Average yield is 1:1. 1 plant = 1 lb. But we suck remember, 75% failure still gives us 60lbs roughly.
60lbs of food from a single package of seeds that cost us $1. But that's 1 plant. We don't want the same thing to eat three times a day. So we plant more food. Now we have too much food.
continued ...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
continued ...

So now we have too much food.
What do we do?
Well, we keep some of it obvisously.
Then, we give some of it to the needy.
We still have plenty left .. LET'S SELL IT!

We sell the food and make money.

Now, we have food to eat and money to spend.
What do we do?
We buy MORE seeds. We buy MORE tools. Hell, let's rent another acre of land so we can have more room to plant more food.

And we start it all over again.

I know I left some things out, like .. Where do we live?
Let's say for this scenario, we still live in our current house and our rented acre is a short drive away. So a few evenings during the week and every weekend we take the short drive and tend to our garden.
We rented the acre from a farmer, so it's going to be fenced off for protection and will have a water source.
After a few weeks or so, we get to see the fruits of our labor and we get to reep what we have sown. We get food. We make money. We help some of the needy.
All the while we're still living the same life.

Other than the manual labor and the research to get started ... What is so damned hard about this that is causing some of you people to get angry and insult other people for supporting the idea?

We don't even need the acre of land. There are plenty of people who have posted in thread about planting and growing their own food inside their own homes and apartments. It doesn't even have to be full size planters. They sell coffee cup sized planters with the soil, seed and nutrients all ready to go. Take it home, water it like it says, stick in the window seal or on the counter top next to a window and wait for it to grow.

For FK'S sake people ... You spend all of your time on here complaining about how terrible the world is and how it needs to be changed. Take a little initiative and make some changes for yourself.

No one is suggesting that you throw away your current life to go live off the land and forage for yourself. All that's been said is that IF that is what it came down to .. It is possible. 100% without a doubt.

If you're in a financial crunch and you're having to cut back .. Learn to grow your own food and save some money.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Detailed Perfection]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

If I could give you a 100 stars you would have them...!

Fantastic post!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Colopatiron

They do not eat meat, only in extremely rare situations of cannibalism!

That is a bald faced lie.

One day you might be forced to face the reality that just because you say it’s true, does not make it true.

Chimps hunt, sometimes with tools, for MEAT.

They also use meat to barter for sexual favors and withhold it from chimps they *don’t like* (or are below them on the social ladder) in order to show their standing in society.

Goodall points out in her section, Eating Meat, "Chimpanzees tear off chunks of meat with their teeth and hands, sometimes using their feet too when strength is required for dividing up the carcass.

You think you know better than Jane Goodall - go for it.

One clue to the significance of meat in a chimpanzee society comes from the observation that males do most of the hunting. During the past decade, adult and adolescent males made over 90 percent of the kills at Gombe.
Although females occasionally hunt, they more often receive a share of meat from the male who captured the prey. This state of affairs sets up an interesting dynamic between males and females. Sometimes a begging female does not receive any meat until after the male copulates with her (even while clutching the freshly killed carcass).

Now, the article does go on to say the importance of meat consumption is seemingly more for social behavior that in no way has anything to do with the false claims you made.

Chimps DO HUNT, DO EAT MEAT and you’re at your bs again.

source

[edit on 30-10-2009 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 297GT

If I could give you a 100 stars you would have them...!

Fantastic post!

I agree with this, great post Detailed Perfection.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
In related news, if you search google for..
you have nothing to fear

This thread comes up on the first page in the top 10.

www.google.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I see that oneclickaway is still here and arguing about how the whole world is evil and life is too hard.

No, Oneclickaway is stating the truth, and in a positive respectful way.

And you think life is hard now? Try life living off the land. LOL. Then you’ll know what hard really is.

And as Oneclickaway has stated but I’d like to reiterate...

In the view of what the OP says? Life and food and shelter is there for the taking?

What does that mean for, ohhh, let’s see, all those people who can’t get out of their wheelchairs who are reading this? What? Too bad for you sucker! You can’t do it!

What about the old and the infirm? Those born with deformities? Those who for whatever reason can’t work and tend a garden and harvest. Well, we‘ll have none of that! OUT with them eh! Cant’ work, cant eat!

Wow - in the OP’s world - Steven Hawking wouldn’t stand a chance.

This ’let’s all dance around the maypole’ might be nice to read but when the ugly facts leak through that the percentages of people who could actually thrive in this type of life are so few? The whole concept screams of nothing but sugar coated genocide to me.

peace

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join