It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Unidentifiable Flying Creature spotted tonight in AL

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Animals, watched at night, often appear to be larger, than when watched in daylight. Even experienced animal watchers sometimes overestimate the size.
Perhaps the animals you watched were nightjars. Nightjars are smaller, but many make uncommon creepy sounds and some have whitish marks on the wings.
Pictures:
images.google.de...
Audio:
www.junglewalk.com...
Video:
www.arkive.org...

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

It was migrating southern Cranes, I see em all the time in AL and GA. The wingspan matches... the number of em matches... the sound matches... they swoop in low at night and day, through clearings to find lakes.

They look like GIANT BATS at night because their long thin legs disapear in the blackness. They are nuthin but a flyin wing, if you ain't round water much, this X-planes why you are dumbfounded. It's one thing to see these birds in the day... but they take on one hellova sinister look at night. Believe me Bub,

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Level X]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I believe you. When you see something, that is out of place in nature, it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. I also believe, that living in the country, makes you an expert as to wildlife indiginous to your area, as I grew up in the country aswell. You know, normal, from something youve never seen before.

If I were you, if you are interested in getting proof of this, I wouldnt do it without having a shot gun near me. If they know where you live, chances are they could kill you. Maybe a shape shifter, or a creature like the mothman. There are so many different kinds of creatures that people see and run into all the time- it can be one of a million things- but I believe that you saw a bat winged creature. Thats very awesome!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganja
I didn't see that, but I DID see a slow moving "shooting star" which was strange around 7 tonight (I'm in Jefferson County btw). It looked like a normal one, except it moved wayyy slower, and had no tail.. It got suddenly bright for like 3 seconds, then dimmed and continued heading east. Anyone else see this? Also, will be keeping an eye out for whatever the hell it was that you guys saw. If I do see it, I'll call my red-neck step brother, he'd be down to see about catching one...lol.

Hey, I saw a slow going shooting star to, it was on tuesday evening arounf 8 Pm green or blue, spooky stuff..
Mine had a tail like a shooting star, but the speed was wierdish slow for something to fall out of the sky...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
What about a Sandhill Crane?

They have a wingspan of up to eight feet.

Sandhill Crane

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

amusing but way off topic

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenshrew
Animals, watched at night, often appear to be larger, than when watched in daylight. Even experienced animal watchers sometimes overestimate the size.
Perhaps the animals you watched were nightjars. Nightjars are smaller, but many make uncommon creepy sounds and some have whitish marks on the wings.
Pictures:
images.google.de...
Audio:
www.junglewalk.com...
Video:
www.arkive.org...

it was not a crane i am familiar with them as i seem them when fishing all the time i also know their calls and yes they are very large but none of the features of this animal had relates to a crane neither does the sound

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
reply to post by beaverg

Why is the fact that you are a drug user 'off topic'?

Certainly you can understand why someone might find your testimony suspect.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

your very right about that, and this was the case last night although i could not make out the face area of this, its was something i have not seen before but im off to hit some shops looking for a night shot capable camera will get back on later and you let you know if i found one

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

its ok suspect all you want i know what i seen and my buddy did as well just sharing my experience didnt have to share # here to begin with

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
??? Did these creatures notice you and ignored you or did they not even look down and where they going towards a direction of a water location?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

reply to post by beaverg

Why is the fact that you are a drug user 'off topic'?

Certainly you can understand why someone might find your testimony suspect.

not sure why your so critical over my post and sharing what i have seen i mean seems you believe in Ghost, demons and Aliens... but im not here to battle with you just here sharing what i have experienced and am actually going to try to prove what was seen. Im out to look at camcorders if i cant find will have to use my buddies with no nightshot

Minneapolis Area Ghost Hunters?

Anyone here a member of any Minneapolis Paranormal Research Groups i.e. Ghosts, Demons, Aliens? I am eager to join but I can't find any current information on anything.

If you happen to know about some, or can lead me to the right website, I thank you in advance.

Hank

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
??? Did these creatures notice you and ignored you or did they not even look down and where they going towards a direction of a water location?

my buddy said it looked like it was staring at us i was caught off guard by the way its belly shined up against the flood lights... There is no water source around his house except for small ponds maybe a few in the area but no they were in a residential area just flying around the second appeared to be possibly stationary in a tree or maybe flying behind them it was out of sight but it was calling back to the one we spotted on flyover

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
No pictures/video, no other eye-witness accounts, and this is in ATS rather than BTS? Four pages and counting. Groovy.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

reply to post by napayshni57

i can also say i have not seen one deer all year around here either i dont hunt but they are common roadkill everywhere around us

not heard about the mutilations you have a link to the post please?

[edit on 28-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

I know there were mutilations in Gainesville, Florida last month. There were also mutilations in Webster parish and Natchitoches parish Louisiana this month.

I put a thread here about it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The funny thing about the mutilations in Louisiana is that no one knows where the cows came from.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Thanks, as I like to know what possible creatures are roaming on me EARTH THAT SHOULDNT BE friend.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zigoapex
probably a great horned owl they could make some crazy
sounds and they dont have a big tail.and are pretty big specially an
adult male.

This was my first thought as well. I used to live in rural GA and have seen some huge owls in the past. I even see them up here in ATL nowadays. Yes, they do make some crazy sounds!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenshrew
Pictures:
images.google.de...
Audio:
www.junglewalk.com...
Video:
www.arkive.org...

it was not a crane i am familiar with them as i seem them when fishing all the time i also know their calls and yes they are very large but none of the features of this animal had relates to a crane neither does the sound

I think you mixed my post with the post of Level X (he mentioned the cranes). Check out the audios of lesser nighthawk.
www.junglewalk.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Perhaps I am missing something, but how were you able to distinguish that the ventral side of the body was covered in hair and not feathers from 75 feet away?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
No pictures/video, no other eye-witness accounts, and this is in ATS rather than BTS? Four pages and counting. Groovy.

I find the OP very believable in his relating what happened, and am sure that if he manages to get video, and it ends up being an owl, or heron or whatever, he would also relate that as well.

This could very well be just a sighting of something common that has been misidentified, but all the posts that are trying to get to the bottom of this sighting, are very educational as I am learning a lot about what some birds can sound like, as well as look like in different lighting conditions.

And isn't this what ATS is all about?? Getting to the truth??

Respectfully..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join