It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Unidentifiable Flying Creature spotted tonight in AL

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

Yes, the Cherokee have their own Thunderbird legends that are very disturbing i.e., the Thunderbirds carrying off Cherokee children.

There is a very stylised sort of glyph that the Cherokee use in their art to represent the Thunderbird. I find it fascinating and often wonder what one would learn if it were decoded.

[edit on 28/10/09 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

sorry but i know for sure it was not a eagle hopefully we can get some sound and footage of this soon its not the first time seen both sightings have been at night also...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Break out the shotguns, spotlights and go hunting, make the front page or CNN tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

This might help. United States Department of Agriculture Library: National Invasive Species Information Center

only thing in alabama i came across was a invasive snail lol
news.google.com...:AL

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

i would if it was not in the city limits a residential neighborhood
.. Just blew my cash on 2 new 9mms i could break in too
.. Hitting the pawn shops tomorrow for a older Sony cam with nightshot if possible

[edit on 28-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE

sorry but i know for sure it was not a eagle hopefully we can get some sound and footage of this soon its not the first time seen both sightings have been at night also...

Let's think about this critically for a moment.

1. It is dark.
2. You do not know what it is.
3. Information provided is consistent with raptors in your area.

Now, let's extrapolate from the data available.

Which is most probable?

1. This is a bird generally seen in your area that you are misidentifying because you are viewing it in a low light situation.
2. This is a bat.
3. This is Mothman.

The most probable choice is generally the correct one.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
not eagle species no tail coming off it!!! yes it was night time, but the moon was 3/4 full and its was bright i also stated in my first post if you would have read the flood lights were on and this was flying at tree top level and was somewhat illuminated by the bright moon and flood lights

also i can say the wings were solid no feather points coming off them just the break i associated with a bat wing but very big in size im going to try to catch it on video so hopefully i can do so.... the sound it made was also disturbing

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

A few months ago there was a series of cattle mutilations around the area also. There's a thread on the site about it.

As the crow flies you are not that far from Huntsvilles Nasa, the toxic waste dump in Anniston or the depot with all their chemicals either. Lord knows what any of the three might of created.

I live down the road a bit from you. Up until the last year we had heards of deer living in the woods around us. Then this strange animal noise started up. At first I told myself it was a buck doing the mating thing. Only problem does aren't in season all year long. It sure don't sound like any hog I know domestic or wild. All I know is I haven't seen a deer come out of the woods around here for almost a year now. Shortly after that sound started. Sometimes you hear that sound at night sometimes you'll hear it in the day light.

Keep your camera handy even during the day.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

i can also say i have not seen one deer all year around here either i dont hunt but they are common roadkill everywhere around us

not heard about the mutilations you have a link to the post please?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yes, I read all of your 'details'. I also read that this was low-light, tree top (75 feet) yet you were able to make out that the thing had 'hair'. I believe you are creating a composite of what you WANT to have seen rather than accepting the mundane as the most probable conclusion.

Get a picture of your bat, until then.. it's a raptor.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I have found since moving to Alabama when I encounter something strange go dig into old cherokee legends from the tribes that lived in this area and in the close part of GA and I usually find a legend that describes exactly what I saw or what happened.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

no im not thats just the best to describe it and my friend and i both could tell it did not have feathers ... it was the very first thing we both said im sorry but i am positive it did not have feathers ..

im just saying it looked hair like best of how i can describe it the underbelly was illuminated with the light of the moon and flood lights its just strange nothing i have ever seen before but will try to prove this with video for all to see

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
just something i looked over checked all large birds of north america. listened to all their calls and sounds and none sound anything like what we were hearing tonight

www.naturesongs.com...

EDIT

also bat recording not close

www.junglewalk.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Joe who started this thread use to live up that way he might be able to help you. I believe the redneck still lives in your part of the woods. He might be able to keep an ear out your way to see if anyone else has seen this. You could send him a u2u.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

thanks a lot for the link i will hit him up going to bed soon hitting our good ole pawn shops tomorrow to look for a night shot capable cam i hope i can find something...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

perhaps useing the 9mm on it would be a better thing for it. Than to take the picture. If you take the picture you'll have people hunting it down to sell. Or someone captureing it in the name of science and doing all kinds of experiments on it while its alive.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

lol yeah cant fire in the city limits though dont want to go to jail.. If it lands thats a different story but i would like to capture on video and share it and thats my #1 plan right now

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hmm... you didn't give a description of how the UFOs wings moved. Did it fly straight forward, glide with minimal effort, or was it flapping around like a dog in the water? Forgive me for second guessing a robot from 420ville who was on the porch smoking when he saw something at night.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm just wondering whether it was a bat after all. I mean, it looked like a bat and had hair instead of feathers. Bats are mammals, so they have hair.

Bats use high-pitched sounds to navigate (they don't see well, so they use a sort of "sonar" to help them avoid obstacles and find food). the creepy noise you heard could very well be the bats' "echolocation".

Also, it's possible you've misjudged the size and distance of the things. Even trained pilots have great difficulty estimating distance and size in the night sky. There just isn't enough information to accurately gauge how big something is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join