It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Lebanon-based militants fires rocket into Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Would someone please post the link that states a rocket was actually fired.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
So it came from Lebanese territory. But do we know that Lebanon fired it? Perhaps it was Hamas that fired it.

Exactly...

If I walk in to my neighbors backyard and throw a ball through his neighbor's window does it mean it is his fault? No.....

I would assume ( yea i know, kind of risky) that many "events" like these are actually planned out via other powers ..( more powerful countries )

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
****** ISRAEL, I HATE ******* ISRAEL AND THE ROTTEN ZIONISTS.

I'm actually pretty disappointed that the only penalty you received from ATS was deletion of your post. If I had any control on this site, you' be banned immediately. All I can say to that is grow up. Its actually embarrassing to see an ATS member making such comments. If you can't have an adult discussion do us all a favor and go post on some other site.

Originally posted by die_another_day
You know what this is like?

You throw a firecracker into my yard, i blast your house with a howitzer.

I guess you could call this Darwinism at work. By the beginning of puberty, every child should know that anyone who launches a firecracker/missle/rocket/sparkler/throwing knife/dart/etc. at Israel will be greeted with a home warming retaliation of completely unequal proportions.

Like how many times did you have to put your finger in a light socket before you discovered it was a bad thing?

Retaliation is a form of self-defense - if you attack me with something that COULD kill me, whether it does or not, I will deliver a counter even if my gun is bigger than yours.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Would someone please post the link that states a rocket was actually fired.

From the first page:

www.reuters.com...

Rocket from Lebanon hits Israel; Israel fires back

I wouldn't say Lebanon is entirely responsible, but surely they bear some responsibility for what happens in their country? Who else can stop these kinds of attacks if not Lebanon?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

You might've missed my reply to you on the previous page.

I'm not trying to change your mind, and in fact, respect you and your point of view.

I think, however, a clarification is in order. This isn't about an "equal response", as if it were a chess match or unilateral trade of fire.

It is about intent. If a rocket is fired and nobody is injured, do you presume that that was the intent? If a person fires a gun in your direction but misses, do you give them a pass and foolishly hope that they've learned their lesson and will never do so again? What lesson would that teach them?

If a person shoots in your direction, there is a presumption of intent to kill. At least within the borders of the U.S. (and many other nations), you have the right to defend yourself. Read that again. There is a presumption of intent to kill. If someone tells me they intend to kill me, i tend to believe them, and act accordingly. It would give me no pleasure whatsoever, as I am a gentle man and prone to fits of laughter far more often than rage. Still, I am a realist, and I would recognize the threat.

I think to expect Israel to respond rocket-for-rocket is unrealistic. To think that they have an obligation to do so seems just plain unreasonable. What individual would trade blows, gunfire, bombs, arrows one-for-one with an aggressor? Why would a country act any differently?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BuffaloJoe

Exactly, Joe. I wish I'd have read your response before typing my own. Well done. It is the intent that is important, not the lucky outcome. Put on a personal level, if someone attempts to kill me for my wallet with a knife, am I at fault for killing them with a gun? No. Not in my world.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zandermander

Keep in mind that those stupid, homemade rockets of Hamas have only killed one person out of dozens if not hundreds fired into Israel. So with nothing else to go on, we should think small and not the end of the world just yet.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

According to the report, the Lebanese town from which the "rocket" was fired was hit by at least eight Israeli (U.S. made?) missiles (Israel only has missiles, not rockets). The report tells us that the single rocket fired into Israel landed on open ground and caused no damage or injury and that eight Israeli missiles were fired in retaliation at the Lebanese town from which the rocket is thought to have been launched.

Israel's high tech missiles likely hit their target and caused the maximum personal injury and property damage which eight such missiles can inflict. The article says nothing about the type of Israeli missiles used or the death and damage they caused. Why not? Why is the news silent about that? Is it because of the attitude that 1,000,000 Arab lives aren't worth the dirt under one Israeli's fingernail? It would seem so. Why else would it be treated as so trivial as not worth the ink and paper it would take to print these important details.

Here, again, Israel retaliates with grossly disproportionate force, targets the innocent, and shows no noticeable concern for its impact upon them. The Israelis certainly took no precautions to spare the lives and property of the innocent men, women, and children they bombarded, did they? And the Israeli news media simply ignores the murder and mayhem rained down upon the innocent Lebanese villagers. Why should they be so severely harmed because a rocket disturbed some dirt in Northern Israel?

Many of you coldheartedly applaud Israel's eight missile attack upon these innocent Lebanese civilians. In doing so you encourage Israel's continued terrorism against its Arab neighbors.

Punishment and murder of the general populace of that Lebanese town for the crimes of a few unidentified perpetrators is an international crime. Israel committed a greater crime here than those who fired the single rocket into the dirt of Northern Israel.

When you applaud Israel's indisputable criminality in this matter, what does that make of you?

[edit on 10/27/2009 by dubiousone]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
DubiousOne has said it all, I think.

So...if Israel wants (in reality) to find an excuse / pretext to invade Iran, they could wait for an escalation (or cause one, by having Mossad agents (again !) posing as Hezbollah guerillas to fire a few dummy rockets into some dirt (i.e. deliberately NOT hitting Jewish settlers &tc.) so in a few weeks they could tell the gentile world : 'Israel has the right of self-defence---and our northern border is increasingly being attacked with rockets fired by Hezbollah terrorists (leaving out the fact that these were fired into dirt) all of whom are being financed by Iran, so we Israeli's have the justification to bomb Tehran and their nuclear facilities above and below ground'..

It seems that IF this situation escalates at all, you will begin to hear Hezbollah-IRAN, Hezbollah-IRAN, Hezbollah-IRAN, then Drones-IRAN, Drones-IRAN, Drones-IRAN, then Terrorists-IRAN, Terrorists-IRAN until people in the west almost EXPECT Israel to attack Iran ('just to get them to stop lobbing bombs into israel...!!') or some such other lame excuse/pretext for invasion.

But this time, it WON'T WORK...we're on to them.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It's a lot like 9/11

You shoot my twin towers down and I'll level your various countries and kill off millions of your people.

Or

You take out my Pearl Harbor and I'll conquer your whole country and make you submit to me unconditionally.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Actually, it doesn't say it all. Do you suppose the rockets would cease if Isreal was to launch water ballons back at Lebanon? Yeah right.

Its Lebanon's job to police what is going on within their borders. Time and time again, they fail to do this. If Lebanon is upset with the retaliation then it is time for them to get off their arses and do their job.

In the mean time, you know, I know, Joe the rocket maker knows, as does his neighbor, his dog, and his mistress that if a piece of artillery (yes, a homemade rocket qualifies) is lobbed into Israeli territory that the response will likely be devastating to the immediate vicinity of the initial launch as well as to any living organisms that are dwelling at those particular GPS coordinates at that particular time. If the retaliation does damage and claims casualties then it performed as designed; a swift and powerful response in an attempt to discourage future rocket attacks.

Geez, what is with this balanced response theory? Do I have to go out and buy sixteen different guns and make sure I only retaliate with one of equal caliber when someone tries to mug me? We purchase better weapons for a reason, because they do a better job at completing the task. Maybe next time, the Einsteins who are jeapordizing their lives and the lives of those around them will put some authority into their initial assault.

Until then, this is the status quo and the whole world knows it.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by BuffaloJoe]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It is 100% Israel's fault.

Let's face it, for the past year Israel has been doing exactly everything the NAZI's did, such as: Deprive people of water, demolish housing, blockade the territory and trade, kidnap innocents, kill protesters, etc.

The international community needs to arrest all Israeli politicians that are pro-war, and lock them up for the next few centuries.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dangerish
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I knew that sharon went up there in 2000. I just read somewhere that 1500 police went with him and that some say it started the al aqsa intifada, but when has anyone else been up there. Not trying to be a smarta**, I'm actually curious. Since your profile says you are from Israel maybe you could help me understand.

I've been to the temple mount and the wailing wall, Jews, Arabs christians lots of people go up on the mount. They even give tours of the Mosque to tourists, heck when I was there they only required that women tourists have arms and legs covered before entering.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
ok... this happens about once or twice a month... nothing to worry about.. in fact, I'll post a pic of when I was at the border of these two countries 4 years ago, just happens while I was there, visiting a military base, viola! Lebanon fires in somme rockets. Israel fired back. Lasted a few hours, one person died, sadly, and the rest of the day went on like nothing ever happened. Managed to snap a photo of the small mushroom cloud.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ad475f1ad64.jpg[/atsimg]

Anyway, the point is, this happens all the time... just add it to the list of reasons Israel NEEDS to be the tough little country she is...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lennonist

Hello, I am from Israel. I was reading your forum. Some things said here should be set straight. These are Katyusha rockets fired by jihad fanatics. They are brainwashed and armed by Iran. It has been quiet for a long time on the border. Why did they fire it now? For what reason? Because they know the world is stupid and will forget quickly who starts these things. They rely on that.

If these rockets land on a populated building they will kill and maim people. They have killed and maimed people. I met a boy who only has one leg because Hamas fired a rocket at his house.

If anyone is in any doubt about that, have a look at what Katyusha rockets did during the last war with Hizbullah in 2006. www.ynet.co.il...

I had these rockets fall around me before. Believe me it is not a pleasant experience. You hear the siren, you have 30 seconds to take cover. Then... boom.

Please think about this. We left Gaza in 2005 to bring peace to the region. We took all our soldiers, all our civilians from there, and went. What happened? They fired thousands of rockets from Gaza after we left.

We left Lebanon 9 years ago. Took all our soldiers and left. What happened? Hezbollah kidnapped and killed our soldiers, then fired thousands of rockets. Why? Because it is not peace that Hamas and Hezbullah seek, it is jihad. Please remember that their ideology also threatens you. America knows this already.
We don't have the oil wealth, we don't have dozens of states, we are just 1 small country and we cannot influence the world media, but the Muslim world sure can and does. They know how to make the agressor look like the victim. It's an ancient art.
That's why so many are brainwashed against us.
Finally if anyone wants to see how these things look like from the point of view of our soldiers watch this video here: part 1 www.youtube.com...
parrt 2 www.youtube.com...
part 3 www.youtube.com...

Hoping for peace one day soon

[edit on 27-10-2009 by EageEyed]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hmmm.

I'll leave my thoughts on the above post to myself.
I must say though in regards to the OP, for me it's getting harder and harder to defend Israel. I know rockets were fired, but there's no need for overkill, did they even get who they wanted?

I don't think randomly shooting extra payloads at villages, where one rocket comes from, can be justifiable in any way. Like the teacher punishing the whole class for that one dumb kid.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Guys, tell me, would you fire 1 rocket when knowing that Israel will shell your ass?

It's completely illogical on the part of the terrorist. And I do believe that terrorist leaders are relatively intelligent.

However, it would be logical if Mossad fired on a place where there are no Israelis and claim that it was from Lebanon.

Which do you think is more probable?
Seriously.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So you think this will escalate? The Israeli poster pointed to Iran. Does he think it will escalate?

ashad apih

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I see no problem with lobbing eight rounds at them in response to one rocket being launched.
As others have said, retaliation should be swift and decisive.

However, I am more than a little curious as to why only one rocket was fired against Israel.
I don't buy the idea that these people just want to provoke Israel into looking like a bully so that they can play a sympathy role on the world. Why? Because in the meantime, there can be no peaceable negotiations in the process. Israel will also make moves to invade more territory.

I just don't know. Nobody does but the man that launched the rocket, and his superiors.
Each and every person in this thread has an equal shot at being totally wrong in this situation.

One rocket lands in a completely unpopulated area. Hmmm... Whatever.

America needs to withdraw its presence in the Middle East. I for one am tired of this crap. But I realize that is a fool's hope. The American Government WANTS this craziness to continue, make no mistake.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
If I walk in to my neighbors backyard and throw a ball through his neighbor's window does it mean it is his fault? No.....

Partially...if you allow, support or defend the person attacking the neighbor, you are just as guilty. And...the victim has every right to throw a ball back at you. Then, if it hits the neighbor's house, too bad. He shouldn't have let you into his backyard to begin with, knowing you meant to do damage. Really a simple thing to understand.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join