It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Lebanon-based militants fires rocket into Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Not quite. This is like you throw a punch at my face and hit my shoulder and I kick your ass. It's pretty much a normal response.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Who cares about the cost? They can kill. Don't make it sound like nothing. If Canadians were firing rockets into the US and wouldn't stop, there would be airstrikes and tanks running up there.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
I think I've heard this tune before... let's see if I can remember the lyrics; a rocket is fired into northern Israel from Lebanon, either by Lebanese Palestinian sympathizers or Hamas, Israel relaliates with mortar and artillery strikes, leveling a couple of buildings, 50 more rockets are launched into northern Israel from Lebanon, the IDF mobilizes armored support for its troops and air strikes are called in, the U.N. starts crying foul, a fragile cease-fire is signed, and six to nine months of a teetering silence while U.N. diplomats talk middle-east peace talks before the song starts all over again, right? Don't think it's the end of the world, it's just another sad example of people who love hearing the same song over and over again.
[edit on 27-10-2009 by Legion2112]

You forgot to mention the part where Israel starts murdering thousands, America and Britain look the other way, and the UN orders in a truck load of biscuits to munch during the hundreds of meetings they are going to have to justify their existence.

There, I think that's everything.

Cue Israel supporters invading thread to call everyone a Nazi and Anti-Semite...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Essentially you can't believe a thing the Israeli government ever says.
So we get the story of Palestinians getting their water cut off and the world is outraged at ths act THEN all of a sudden hey a rocket attack how convenient.

I guess they cut off the water to Palestinians because of rocket attacks now. This is a distraction story i would bet money on the fact that Israel launched the rocket at themselves and are blaming Lebanon.

FALSE FLAG baby oldest tactic of war.

Don't believe anything the Isareli government says they are crooks and cheats and don't care about their own people much less anyone else.
Israeli people needs revolution in that country to remove those criminals.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow!!! You guys throw the term "false flag" around like they happen every day. Honestly, not everything is a false flag. People on all sides hate and most times have a decent reason to from their perspectives.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by really

Who cares about the cost? They can kill. Don't make it sound like nothing. If Canadians were firing rockets into the US and wouldn't stop, there would be airstrikes and tanks running up there.

If America invaded Canada, started tearing down houses and replacing them with their own, restricting the supply of food, water and medicine, holding Canadians prisoner in the largest concentration camp ever seen on Earth, assassinating elected leaders in the street, killing and maiming hundreds, then I would expect Canada to fight with everything they had, and that includes firing rockets into America.

It's very easy to label groups as "terrorists", but when those groups represent a real moral stance, defending a larger group who ARE being persecuted and evicted from their own land, they are no longer terrorists, they're "the resistance".

No, firing rockets at innocent people isn't nice. But then neither is a government killing thousands in an effort to ethnically cleanse the land and steal it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I never called anyone a terrorist. If you're going to point the thread to me then please address what I have said. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Wow!!! You guys throw the term "false flag" around like they happen every day. Honestly, not everything is a false flag. People on all sides hate and most times have a decent reason to from their perspectives.

If you look through history most wars started from false flags. War is an engine for profit and tyranny.

For the elite there is absolutely NOTHING bad about war they love it the only thing they don't love is unpredictability. They need a war or conflict to come at the right time it can't be left up to random elements to cause the violence that is unpredictable.

In this situation Israel had just cut off Palestinian water and the international community was outraged so queue up the "rocket attack" works every time. Well the majority don't buy it anymore.

Even Hezbollah gets funded by Iran and Iran's president has also called for a global gov't and a NWO so even he is controlled.

Both sides are always controlled by the same people. Even if you refuse to believe this then the Israeli response is always disproportionate to the point of genocide and these third rate rockets are not even close to genocidal.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You wave around the "False Flag". If another country used extreme war crimes against us, I doubt we would sit back and let them eat us alive. I mean come on. This is not a false flag, the way I see it, World War 3.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What type of missile? Nuclear or non nuclear? Chemical weaponry or biological weaponry? If you know, please tell.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Really? Most wars in history have been false flags? I'd like to see the proof of that. There are a lot of wars in history.
Who was talking about a rocket being "genocidal"? I've never heard of a genocidal rocket or missile or bomb.
All I know is, any country who has weapons fired against them of any kind would respond to the threat.
If you are arguing that this rocket was fired as a response to the Palestinians water being turned off, I'm with you.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
HMMMMM, could it have been this guy that perpetrated this instigation?

King of Tyre (Satan) & Prince of Tyre (Antichrist): Ezekiel 28:2-19

Transcripted much of this from here, it said what I wanted, but I didn't write it.

The prophecies of Tyre have not been fulfilled as recorded in the Bible; therefore, we must conclude that they have not been fulfilled. The King of Tyre is Satan, not a type of Satan. The Prince of Tyre is the Antichrist, not a type of the Antichrist.

In Ezekiel 26:3, Ezekiel prophesied that Tyre would be destroyed because God would inspire “many nations to come up against thee, as the sea causeth his waves to come up.” In other words, this scriptural passage predicted that waves of invading nations would attack Tyre, and as a result, the city of Tyre would eventually be conquered and destroyed.

However, other biblical prophecies concerning the city of Tyre involve very dramatic predictions which were never fulfilled! Therefore, a future city of Tyre must be rebuilt in order to fulfill those biblical prophecies. Only then will the oft-repeated prediction that the city of Tyre will be destroyed, forever, finally be fulfilled. Thus, the tremendous wealth and influence of the city pictured in Ezekiel 27 must represent a future fulfillment because ancient Tyre never attained the degree of wealth described in this passage:

I'm just saying, lebannon has been quiet for so long....now this. It seems that SOMEONE, who's time may be short,......has ants in his pants.

For those interested further read:

Ezekiel 27:1-4, 12, 25, 27, 32-36

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I'd say Israel agents fired 1 missile to use as excuse for retaliation.

if i was lebanon or hezbolla, id fire atleast 5000 missiles if i was going to fire any in the first place.

#ING ISRAEL, I HATE #ING ISRAEL AND THE ROTTEN ZIONISTS.

[edit on 10/27/2009 by die_another_day]

Then you must hate America, or the UN or how about Germany? We are all run by the same "Zionists". They are our fellow man we should not hate them. It would be the same if missles were fired on the US soil, humans would be hurt, not the Zionists but people like you and me who just want to work and come home to a home and a family. Your words are very harsh. It is the Zionists as you call them that operate this whole game and they are not sitting in Isreal being hit by missles, it is the innocent that will be or would be hurt.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

It wasn't any kind of missile. It was a rocket. You could probably make one like it in your garage.

I like what someone said earlier, confusing a rocket with a missile makes it sound like a much bigger deal than it really is. A rocket is just a rocket. Somebody fired it, it landed in the desert, hurt nobody, and destroyed nothing. Now Israel is shifting troops and flying jets and drones over Lebanon. I don't know how they put up with such crappy neighbors.

There has been serious instability in this region for decades, and this is like the fifth missile to strike Israel this year. Not a huge deal unless they take advantage of it for political means. And then everyone can fight about whether it's not a false flag while other people die for silly reasons...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Maybe it was just an 'oops' or faulty equipment..or "so that's what that button does"

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
When US spy planes used to drop all over China and Russia killing civilians, did those nations respond with artillery?

If a bully throws a pebble at you (also a bully) do you go back and shoot him with a gun? If you would, then you're pretty "low."

Let me say this, if I was the terrorist who launched the rocket, i'd make sure that 1000 more is fired because the result from Israel would be the same either way.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

If America invaded Canada, started tearing down houses and replacing them with their own, restricting the supply of food, water and medicine, holding Canadians prisoner in the largest concentration camp ever seen on Earth, assassinating elected leaders in the street, killing and maiming hundreds, then I would expect Canada to fight with everything they had, and that includes firing rockets into America.

It's very easy to label groups as "terrorists", but when those groups represent a real moral stance, defending a larger group who ARE being persecuted and evicted from their own land, they are no longer terrorists, they're "the resistance".

No, firing rockets at innocent people isn't nice. But then neither is a government killing thousands in an effort to ethnically cleanse the land and steal it.

then I would expect Canada to fight with everything they had, and that includes firing rockets into America

I have lived in Canada and know of their military.........even if you fought with everything you had (presuming you're canadian) it would take a matter of hours before you expended everything Canada has.

I'm sorry, but it's just that funny....how many times have I heard Canadians pumping themselves up to be more than they truly are. I respect Canadians, but I am a little burdened by the bravado of a country who has accomplished very little on the world stage. A people who claim to be so much more intelligent than Americans but let a government whip them like a dog every day, abuse them and pretty much dictate their every facet of life and just roll over and take it...willingly. Notice I said willingly, we in America are not taking all of this willingly. You guys brag about a government who abuses you. Back on topic, your government doesn't even care enough about it's people to even place a decent amount of money in military to protect them. America cared more about your protection than your own country, as we have been the ones militarily protecting you for generations.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lennonist
reply to post by Phlynx

It wasn't any kind of missile. It was a rocket. You could probably make one like it in your garage.

I like what someone said earlier, confusing a rocket with a missile makes it sound like a much bigger deal than it really is. A rocket is just a rocket. Somebody fired it, it landed in the desert, hurt nobody, and destroyed nothing. Now Israel is shifting troops and flying jets and drones over Lebanon. I don't know how they put up with such crappy neighbors.

There has been serious instability in this region for decades, and this is like the fifth missile to strike Israel this year. Not a huge deal unless they take advantage of it for political means. And then everyone can fight about whether it's not a false flag while other people die for silly reasons...
Sorry, I misread.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
reply to post by Bugman82

You know what this is like?

You throw a firecracker into my yard, i blast your house with a howitzer.

Thats pretty wrong to say since these firecrackers have killed people and also been shot at elementary schools. If I were running Israel, I would run the Islamic Arabs out of Gaza and Lebanon. I would also give the middle finger on inter-national TV to anyone who wanted to criticize me for doing so.

Israel had Arab suicide bombers killing in mass till they did something about it and built the wall and sealed off the cities.

The Arabs had their chance at peace, They didn't want it as their stated mission is to drive the Jews into the sea.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Woops i pressed the wrong button.. sorry Israel!

but anyways this is like always rinse and repeat they always do.. fire a missile, IDF fire a couple shells back, Hezbollah fire a few more rockets, IDF fire multiple barrages, then IDF blame Lebanon then invade, they kill some civvies and insurgents then pull out, Arab leaders start condeming Israel.. same old same old.

Why don't they just fire like 5000 of their missiles at least a few of them would hit before the IDF's fighters knock all the sites offline..

i don't see this going anywhere atm anyway.

my 2 pennies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join