It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Launches Investigation of Human Rights Abuses in the United States

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

For those of you who have never even heard of a “Special Rapporteur,” you may be surprised to find out that one has been appointed by the United Nations (UN), under a special mandate from the UN Human Rights Council (the successor to the corrupt and anti-Israel UN Commission on Human Rights), to open a probe—for the first time ever— into human rights violations by the United States because of a perception that there isn’t enough affordable public housing in urban areas.

Democracy Now!’s Amy Goodman reports that Raquel Rolnik, a Brazilian urban planner and the UN’s choice for the task, will be investigating issues of concern to the UN vis-à-vis the United States, including public housing, homelessness and foreclosures. As part of her fact-finding mission, she will visit New York City, Chicago, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Washington, a South Dakota Indian reservation, and Wilkes-Barre, Pa. She will then compile a report on her findings, which will be submitted to the UN General Assembly and the UN Human Rights Council in March.

The UN Human Rights Council believes that housing is a human right, and, because housing (especially “affordable housing”) is so tough to come by in places like New York City, there is a strong likelihood that the United States Government is guilty of gross human rights violations.
UN Special Rapporteur on Adequate Housing Raquel Rolnik: If we take housing as a human right, you have to go back to the idea that housing is a social issue before and more priority than housing as a commodity, as a financial asset.

newsrealblog.com...

Wow, I guess I was right. Housing is a "RIGHT" according to the UN, and they are going to use this as an excuse to come to the U.S. and check out York City, Chicago, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Washington, a South Dakota Indian reservation, and Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

According to the claims of the UN “Special Rapporteur,” who happens to be from no other place than Brazil, the United States is in gross violations of Human Rights because there is not enough affordable housing.

ALL the members that will be responding most probably have a house, or live in an apartment, and I am certain there will be at least some members who will approve this move by the UN, and will start pointing at some of the problems in the U.S. concerning affordable housing.

But the fact is that the UN doesn't give a rat's behind about the problem of "affordable housing" ANYWHERE...

This UN “Special Rapporteur” comes from Brazil, a country that has worse affordable housing conditions than the U.S. has. Not to mention that there are several dozen other countries around the world that have a worse problem with "affordable housing" than the U.S. has, yet the UN hasn't sent any “Special Rapporteur" to most of these places. So why send one to the U.S.?... and more so, why is it that the President, and his entire administration agreed to this, since this “Special Rapporteur” must be invited by the government of the nation being "inspected".

To me this is just another excuse to allow for the UN to have more control over the U.S., and the Obama administration, and President Obama himself have already agreed to this takeover by the UN.

The UN “Special Rapporteur” has ALREADY made up her mind that the U.S. is in gross violation of "Human Rights" since The UN Human Rights Council believes that housing is a human right.

Make no mistake, this is only an excuse to allow the UN to set up rules, and laws by which we will have to abide, and the Obama administration is not only allowing this to happen, but they are happy that this is happening.

Many, if not most of the people who are part of the Obama administration, including it's Czars are advocates of giving our sovereignty to the UN, and for the UN to control us.

I just can't believe that no one in Congress, or even the House of Representatives, or any other Congressman, or Congresswoman seem to have raised an alarm over this. At least i haven't heard, or read anyone doing so, but I could be wrong.

This is a gross violation of the sovereignty of the United States, and the Obama administration is in with this take over of the U.S. by the UN.

[edited for errors]

[edit on 26-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Nah Bs The Un itself is nothing more than a farce. They themselves commit crimes against Humanity

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Nah Bs The Un itself is nothing more than a farce. They themselves commit crimes against Humanity

Well, it is happening. BTW, I do agree that the UN is a farce. They have participated in worse crimes against humanity yet they get a green card because they are the UN.... But make no mistake, they are using this to give the UN more control over the U.S.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have a great idea, how about the UN leaves New York and donates their building for affordable housing. Why does this impotent, globalist entity even exist?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
BNot only this but they don't give a *snip* about Palestinians being killed by Israel

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The OP is spot-on.
This is emotive pleaing on the part of the Obama administration to get the people of this country to agree with the UN that the corrupt practices on Wall Street are somehow going to be fixed by allowing a Government to come in and completely TAKE OVER the housing industry here in the States.

This is, afterall, a problem that Obama has helped to fund by allowing these banks to print money to cover their irresponsibility that they are in turn using to CONTINUE THE SAME CORRUPT POLICIES.

Now we will need "police" to fix the mess. What do they propose to do? Tear down all of the overpriced houses built in the last few years and throw up shanties? Or are they going to devalue the markets to the point that all of the lower level investors lose everything they put into the mess created by the Government IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Outrageous!

Problem-Reaction-Solution... Want Fascism in America because the capitalistic model has run its course and is losing out to overly competitive Asian Markets?
Create a crisis and allow Bigger Government to take over while parachuting the failed CEO's who allowed the mess to continue.

The people will eat up the "saving grace" of the UN, while the CEO's and Government assholes continue to sleep on the soft beds and eat apples.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The UN (formally the League of Nations) exists so that countries can hash out differences, control problematic leaders with sanctions and in general work to prevent WWII.

We see how well that went.

As for now, the UN exists in order to give people worldwide the false sense of security that powerful people and nations will look out for their common good. For instance the people of Darfur and Iraq.

We see how well that went too.

I guess it is just a way of countries to get certain people out of their country for a while that like to think they are leaders of some sort. Or just a way for the big countries to bully the little countries into remaining little countries without really having to spend lots of money on men and materials for war as often.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Here, is what I say to ALL of this, and it's well over due.

trea·son (trzn)
n.
1. Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.
2. A betrayal of trust or confidence

Treason
See also crime.

collaborationism
an act of cooperating with an invader of one’s country. — collaborationist, n.
perfidy
1. breach of trust, especially treachery or treason.
2. an act or instance of this. — perfidious, adj.
recreancy
cowardice, treason, or disloyalty. — recreant, n., adj.

Someone, explain to me why this hasn't happened over the last decade!!!!
Our congress seriously are stale entrenched parasites.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
screw the UN..... I say condemn the building they are at and tell em to pack their hind quarters...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It's almost funny, if you read the "Declaration of Human Rights". . . members of the UN include Saudi Arabia, China, Iran, etc, etc.... Religious Freedom in Saudi Arabia? Human Right in China? No one follows the rules!! Why would they go after America when Arabs are slaughtering infidels & apostates? or China & Iran torture political dissidents? They make me sick... don't get me started on the UN troops in Haiti & Congo, where they are more of a problem than a solution.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
BTW, there is a video in that link that I gave where Raquel Rolink, the UN “Special Rapporteur” tells us how they will try to convince Americans to accept the rule of the UN in the U.S.....

She also gives the following message, and this is how they are going to get many Americans, more so if they agree with this sort of nonsese which always traps people, and nations to give away their rights, and their sovereignty just so "we can all be safe, and we all will have housing".....

• [I am going to] hear the voices of those who are suffering on the ground.

•I am representing the right of adequate housing as a human right.

•Affordable housing here [in the United States] is not that affordable

•I see this mission as an opportunity to open a dialogue, to open a movement, towards the achievement and implementation of the right to adequate housing.

•We know very well that changes will come only if people organize.

newsrealblog.com...

It sounds great right?... just like the sort of promises that poor people, and middle class who are struggling would fall for so we can give up our sovereingty over to the UN...

This is how the UN plans to sell their laws, and rules to Americans, since the Obama administration apparently is already in cahoots with the UN.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
It's almost funny, if you read the "Declaration of Human Rights". . . members of the UN include Saudi Arabia, China, Iran, etc, etc.... Religious Freedom in Saudi Arabia? Human Right in China? No one follows the rules!! Why would they go after America when Arabs are slaughtering infidels & apostates? or China & Iran torture political dissidents? They make me sick... don't get me started on the UN troops in Haiti & Congo, where they are more of a problem than a solution.

You are exactly right, and like other members and I have stated, this is only a ruse for the UN to set up rules, and laws to control the U.S. This will be the beginning, and end of the takeover of the U.S. by the UN. President Obama has already filled the government with people who are advocates of giving power to the UN over the U.S., and that includes gun control, or disarming all Americans which will come not too far in the future.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have been to Brazil.

I think maybe she should clean up her yard before complaining about someone elses.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

What they're likely to find out is that most [not all] but most homeless are in serious need of therapy or medication. The state mental hospitals are known to dump people on the streets when their ability to pay falls out.

The states can't afford to pay for their needs becuase they are too financially strapped paying to keep the seriously violent offenders behind bars.

The rest are either Alcoholics/drug addicts or simply people who have had an honest run of bad luck.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Instead of bashing the president and the UN How about you tell us what you proport to do to clean up this catastrophe and human rights mess that is very real? How about coming up with solutions instead of knocking everybody else's down? Oh but I'm sure you have a nice cushy residence and lots of money burning your pockets, so what do you care, as long as you're happy. Right? That's the problem with you people, all full of complaints but not an ounce of any type of thoughts or ideas to change an unfair system in the least. I get so sick of threads like this, go crawl back into bed.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I have a nice cushy small apartment supplied by the United States Army, no money burning a hole in my pocket, I work 2 jobs to make sure my week old baby girl and wife have everything they need.

I believe most that are homeles because, even though they are abled bodied, they don't want to work.

Here is my solution.

Instead of feeding these people, no questions asked, they should get one meal in the morning. They should not be allowed lunch, dinner or allowed into homeless shelters unless they can prove they are actively seeking employment.

That should drastically cut down the amount of homeless in a few years. Those who are not employable due to mental illness will then be better taken care of due to the fact more money, food and shelter will be available.

Will this completely solve the situation? No, there are those who will just find another way to not work.

But it will improve the situation drastically.

I don't see how the system is unfair. The system isn't telling these people they can't work, pay rent, by food.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
First, we will never get out of where we are unless we drop money. Thats the thing, all I hear is mid-level thinking "oh if they had a job it would all be good" thing is we have the technology to power our own house and plant our own food and so on. So, pretty much the only way to fix this is to revamp education, because people have to realize "that just working a job" isn't going to cut it anymore...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I've been surfing ATS too much because the first thing that came to mind:

"After my investigation, it is my duty to advise that the "Emergency FEMA Camps" that are spread out through the US should be used to house the homeless. Also, on many occasions I found that families were cramming themselves into tiny, inhabital housing that meets the criteria of condemnation. For these people to be forced into such extremely unhealthy living arrangements, I am also advising that the multi-family homes be condemned and the families that will be put out on the streets, for their own safety, also be wrangled up and admitted into the FEMA Camps."

I know I know ... It's a buncha BS. I personally think the whole FEMA Camp situation has been blown way out of proportion, but for some reason that was the first thing that came to mind. Now that I've actually typed it out and read through it, it does make ya think though.
- Unemployed, can't afford to support family: FEMA Camp.
- Retired and living on SSI: FEMA Camp
- Living off of Welfare w/ no job: FEMA Camp
- etc.

I mean afterall, if there is no affordable housing to meet your human rights .. Maybe the Government should step in and provide that housing for you through their new found "Society Gathered Communities".

OKAY .. sorry to go on .. I don't honestly believe any of that. Sorry.

My question, which will never be given an honest official answer, is how come the U.S.?

Shouldn't the government of Mexico be investigated for their inability to protect their citizens human rights from war mongering murdering Drug Cartels? There are many more reasons to investigate Mexico, but that is the most important to me.

Or how about any of the Third World countries that don't even have housing for the most part?

I'm not trying to imply that the US is a Utopian Nirvana in any way what-so-ever. I know we have problems like other countries. Hell, we have problems that other countries don't have.

I agree with some of you. There has to be other reasons behind this situation than what has been stated. The quesion is, what?

Oh .. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the crime of treason against the United States punishable by death? Hell, Thomas Jefferson deemed himself sole executioner after an American was convicted of treason. The poor bastard took a fatal shot and lay dying on the White House lawn for almost 10 hours before be finally died.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears
I have been to Brazil.

I think maybe she should clean up her yard before complaining about someone elses.

Yep, but of course she is not going to do that, instead they go after the U.S. so we can get controlled by the UN because of this farce.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join