It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken Britain? 6 Horrific Stories, One Paper's Homepage. What has Happened to Youths?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
we now have around 13 million living on the breadline, which equates to a family living on no more that 15,000 pounds a year. We have bankers being paid bonus's by the taxpayer, for wrecking the financial system. The gap between rich and poor is bigger now than in the days of Oliver Twist.

It's an absolute disgrace what is going on now. yet instead of blaming bankers, we will blame the chav's the unemployed and those on disability.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Just to give you your place on mobiles, I agree about radiation emitted from these brain tumour inducing devices, so maybe it can cause psychotic issues, A college of mine who is a nurse was commenting on the amount of hermathidites being born and put it down to radiation from phones, Not sure if it was a wind up but looked pretty serious to me,

And ooh i quite like the daily mail.. lol

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CRB86

Quite correct.
Britain always has been a violent society, only now we live in such a goldfish bowl and an anaesathised society where everything is reported and exaggerated.

Yes, some of today's youngsters do seem particularly feral and lacking in respect for anything.
They are a product of the PC dominated society we live in.
Some of these youngsters know no better having parents who have learnt to exploit the benefit system and exist on a diet of take aways, Lambrini, White Star and X Factor.

In addition there is a complete lack of discipline at home and at school where children are force fed 'facts' to be repeated verbatim thanks to the boring National Curriculam and are not encouraged to think for themselves.

It is also true that we British are natural fighters.

But all of this is reported on and exaggerated to generate fear in people so that we allow TPTB to take away our civil liberties to protect us from these 'rabid' rabble.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I used to live in an affluent area of N Leeds where there was little trouble. Now, friends tell me they have to practically bolt down the flower pots in their gardens! So general theft is on the up anyway.
I now live in a rural area and the local farmer has taken to blocking the lane access due to theft of agricultural vehicles - which is also on the up.
I used to manage a sheltered housing scheme and a 90 year old tenant got mugged. A local business proprietor in the same area tells me she now has to be careful where she leaves her car so that when she finishes on a winters night, she is safe walking.
We seem to have had an increase of young kids attacking other kids.
Crime figures can be manipulated. I don't think it's down at all. And my perception comes mainly from personal experience, not the tabloids.
We live in a 'want it now' culture. We have spawned a generation of youths who want everything on tap. Nor is it helped by our inability to police the streets or punish offenders. Easy access to alcohol plays its part as do parents who use the television and computer games as baby sitters.
Long term measures are needed to redress the rot combined with a zero tolerance policy.
Unfortunately it's easier at the moment to go for the motorist going 6mph over the speed limit or the otherwise law abiding householder who put the wrong things in their wheelie bin.
That said I don't think it's the majority. And it's true that the good things tend to go unreported. And I don't think it's just the UK. Somewhere on here there is an Australian post about feral youths. But I bet we are one of the worst.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
And ooh i quite like the daily mail.. lol

[edit on 27-10-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Crime figures can be manipulated. I don't think it's down at all.

Agreed, they say the same thing here in the US. "Crime is at an all time low says FBI's annual crime report" what they don't report is all the LE brass that report crime to be lower then in really is to further their careers. Heaven forbid they have to actually earn that star/bar/eagle/oak leaf on their collars ...

It's very well known that NYPD commanders in the tougher areas will routinely give false reports of lower crime. And of course, not all crimes are reported especially those where the offender and the victim are younger in age.

I too have seen a significant increase in crime in my local area with my own 2 eyes ... but yet the cops and the politicians insist crime is at an all time low

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Thanks for that matey, Maybe i am a bit radical in my views but I'm "Orish"
So i have an excuse, the thing i have noticed most is the amount of emigration to Belfast is the amount of English people moving and working here, Not that i am against that their more than welcome, is this because of our reputation for being more British than the mainland British,
Just a query..

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
More British than mainland Britain that made me chuckle!
Natural born fighters huh?
I always thought it was more the isolationist island mentality that drove us more than anything

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
From the OP link:
[snip]

That photo just about sums up the attitude...f'ing disgusting!

[edit on 4-11-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Taikonaut

Bye the look of that photo hes no chav, expensive clothing and posh shoes
probably some etoian educated fool, Destined to rule over the working class.
wake up in the morning and feel hes the victim and moan when his solicitor cant get him off....

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Scotlandshope

Yep i would say your right, We are stuck up north in the dark and cold to much for are sanity, That said are love affair with the Booze and a love of a good fight and the very attractive English maidens, We are just right for the TPTB wars, Sad but true ROLMAO........

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
The press want you to be afraid - the NWO want you to be afraid - they want you to ask them to increase the numbers and powers of police - they want you to hand over your freedoms, so they can take care of you.

Be cautious - nothing on the MSM is there by chance - nothing at all.

You'd rather not know anything. You want journalists and newspaper owners and their friends and the governments to make the decisions for you what is too "scary" to be put in front of our eyes?

I had no idea I was so fragile. Someone protect me.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Taikonaut

I would happily do time for showing that idiot the error of his ways. I can stomach a lot of stuff, but had I seen this happen it would not have been pretty.

However, one guy urinating on a cenotaph is not indicative of a whole generation.

Nowadays, people are too scared to act or stand up to this sort of carry on. Just snap a photo on their cell and make a quick 100 quid selling to the "tabroids".

I agree that this is how Britain has always been, but some of these buggers need a scudding.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Dunno about fair English maidens but I get your point

I always make the point when I'm travelling abroad that I'm Scottish not English or British , otherwise the reputation is tarnished before a conversation has the chance to take place.!
I'll not get into a Scottish independence debate here but its probably for the better at least then individual countries in the U.K wouldn't have to take responsibility for each other's actions

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I was going to make a comment along the line as kiwifoot, and agree completely with his OP until I read CRB86's post.

Reading that took me out of my originally cynical mindset and realised that yes, there are some decent, civil people here in Britain, and I shouldn't let my mind immediately jump to the negatives. Thanks for the post, matey!

Having said that, I still agree with kiwifoot that there *is* a problem here in the UK. Many (not all) youths have no respect for law and order and seem to think any such rules are meant to be broken, regardless of the consequences.

The rich get away with crimes that I myself would go to prison for, and many youths who do some seriously violent crimes get nothing more than an ASBO - which is a badge of honour these days.

Kids know they cannot get into much trouble, they know adults/teachers aren't allowed to touch them to punish them - so they have free reign. And any attempt to enforce such physical controls results in Human Rights brigades or children charities jumping up and down in fury.

I don't know what the solution is. I wish i did. Perhaps national service. But it disappoints me that we often only see the negatives in UK society and rarely the positives. For all its ills, it's still my home and wouldn't leave it for the world.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Personally, I don't think Britian as a whole is broken.. however I am sure the Government and all it's instituations are. We live in a PC world gone mad.

The other week my Girlfirend and I were at beachy head having a laugh taking a kite for a walk along the cliff top... and st*pid me dropped the keys.. in the middle of bl**dy nowhere, Just a pub and a small welcome center.

After an hour of hunting through the long grass, we tried the pub to find that someone had handed the keys in.. would have been simple for someone to take the car... So not everyone in the country is sc*m.

Edit to add:
The pic of that b*ll end p*ssing on the memorial made me cross... those that do that are not normally chavs, but the snobs that look down on the rest of us.

I live in the poorest town in this area, one with the hghest unemployment (and a pretty bored angry youth) yet no one would p*ss on any of our war memorials... the Candaian flag flies here 24/7, and indeed most turn out in August to commemorate the Deippe Raid while the flowers and wreafs are always left unmolested (they would get a good hiding if they did)

heres what a local judge felt about vandlaism Source

At a sentencing hearing at Lewes Crown Court, the 63-year-old said: 'I'm not surprised he was given a good kicking, it's what he deserved. 'If someone punched my car then I would make sure, if I had two sons, that he was given more of a good kicking.'

[edit on 28/10/09 by thoughtsfull]

[edit on 28/10/09 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The Mail has an agenda which is right wingish leaning. Blame the immigrants, the youth, the liberals...

That being said I have lived significant times of my life in three different countries and the UK is by far the worst when it comes to how their young people behave.

Where are the parents?

The parents are working 60 hour weeks to provide for their offspring. Food, shelter, Ipods, two cars, a big house ect; We live in a society that values people based on their wealth. Doesn't have be real wealth, as long as you look the part ( AKA put it all on credit, one of the roots of the current "crises").

I am embarrassed for the UK everytime I go down a high street on a Friday night.

At the same time goverment is pandering to corporations ala American Capitalism, so things like maternity leaves and other family friendly benefits are not supported sufficiently.

The UK is not a family friendly place. Mothers are strongly encouraged to work to be able to keep up with a life style that TPTB insist is what we should all strive for.

Alcohol doens't help either. But no governmet will touch that cash cow. Better to have a generation of binge drinking idiots than to lose the tax revenue they bring in.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think national service would be of great benefit to this country. Perhaps not only including military style national service but perhaps something like "National Vocational Service" or something along those lines.
Something similar to the YTS program?
At least a choice to either go into service with the military and learn there or a skills development program where you can pick up a trade or give yourself a better chance of employment.

I don't know how that would all be funded I know I'll get pelters for this but instead of having to sign on you would be offered access into a course or national service.

I'm currently on JSA at the moment and although most of my time is spent looking for a job there still isn't an awful lot to do.
I would happily sign up for national service or a vocational course!
I loved it when I was on New Deal a few years ago and got to work with a couple of different organisations.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
I am embarrassed for the UK everytime I go down a high street on a Friday night.

The english have always had a bad reputation though, as the country has never wanted people to be decent, the police murder for there friends, and leave the scum on the streets.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

Alcohol doesn't help either. But no government will touch that cash cow. Better to have a generation of binge drinking idiots than to lose the tax revenue they bring in.

Its not binge drinking that necessarily turns you into an idiot IMHO.
Me and my friends (who are all 18-25 perfect age group
) "binge drink" a lot but we don't rampage through the streets of our town on a Friday / Saturday night.
We actually consider ourselves fairly responsible citizens and gladly help out anybody in need or having problems.
Its probably down to the fact we aren't CHAVs or Neds

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join