It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another nail in the coffin of christianity,

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Could it be that moocow has a conscience ...I can see you laying in bed everynight doing your best to try and prove there is no God so that you can live free of your conscience ...

I am still praying for you Moo ..

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

now moo, you know it's not a christian issue , it's a people issue.
people of all walks of life and religious/non-religious bent, have over the course of history, done some crazy things

i'm surprised you're still banging this drum

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I don't approve of cheese being eaten with mayonnaise but why on earth would I want to deny it to you ?

Here, Here!

People will certainly not be expecting electric shocks, what if he does it to someone with a hart condition? Its a good job the police put a stop to such sillyness.

By Christian definition is this person not a charlatan of the faith?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by freeradical

seems like a charlatan suggests that he's working on all four burners. not sure he's okay, i mean that seems like a very irrational thing to do. i'm a christian, but i enjoy playing video games, some of which require player vs. player battles. in real life, i wouldn't dream of hurting someone, but in a game, it's a friendly competition and not irrational, at least, it doesn't seem like it to me. some though, find any type of competition to be unchristianlike, especially if it requires any level of violence - -such as football or a video game using weapons. in fact the list of "unchristianlike" things gets longer as time goes by. for some reason people keep adding new "thou shall not" things to it. a bit perplexing. and more than a little daunting considering i'd have to be superwoman to manage it. so when some guy manages to pull something totally irrational like this off, and is used as an example of how bad christians are, i have to scratch my head in confusion. not only do i have to worry as a christian, about what i do, but what some guy in uganda is doing. it's getting more complicated by the day

[edit on 25-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think I see what your saying, for those people whom the pastor shocked it would strictly be an affirmation of their existing beliefs, it would serve to strengthen that which they believed to be true. I would like to bet some of the people knew what he was doing but they probably would not have minded, dare I say they might have even enjoyed the ride?

You raise a good point, among all religions there are people within that like to think that little bit different. If we were all tasked with painting a bowl of fruit I dare say we would all come up with a different depiction.

Essentially however I would have to argue that this 'Pastor' wants more to condition and control than preaching harmonious enlightenment of the human race.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Do you really believe Christianity is threatened by quacks like this...?

Such devices are aimed at the superstitious; and only the superstitious will be swayed by them.

I'll tell you what a friend of mine, a Jesuit (working in the Vatican, no less) once told me - a famous quote by someone famous (I just don't remember who it was): "The proof of the miraculous substance and endurance of Christianity is that not even priests have been able to destroy it."

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
.....the greatest control mechanism ever created by man.

That may be true. However, Your thread and interpretation of it didn't seem like an anti-religion thread but singling out a single religion because one dubious representative of that religion is a total charlatan.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by really

this has an escalating - probability thing going on. that's what he means by "another nail", cause he's got a whole stockpile of examples he's been saving up to use as ammunition. the escalating part is a reference to how a case can be made by compiling heaps of related data on literally any sector of society, and fine tuning it over and over again, till it's razorsharp and can be used to hone the opponent into submission, either via surrender or eradication. a sort of svengali affair with an even darker side than its namesake. you have 2 choices, either live the way moocowman thinks you should live AND also make sure everyone else with the same faith, does so as well, or face his wrath which is literally, never ending. it just goes on and on and on and on and on. and here we thought the old testament jehovah was tough. moo is competing with him for the title of LORD DO-IT-RIGHT-OR-GET-THE-HECK-OUT.

I use to paint fantasy genre artwork. mermaids, fairies, that kinda thing. that is, till i was informed by NON-CHRISTIANS, that christians don't paint such things.

yep, it's been fun, or in the immortal words of Douglas Adams,
"So long and thanks for all the fish."

[edit on 25-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh no!!! Because of this man's actions, I no longer believe that Jesus Christ is God, nor died on the cross for my wickedness, nor that if I repent in put my faith in His sacrifice, that I will inherit eternal life....

(I will assume if Richard Dawkins in found in a comprimising situation, you'll denounce evolution as well)

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by freeradical

nah, that's not what i meant. i was just saying that i don't think i'd call him a charlatan because, 1) i don't know if he's actually guilty of doing this thing. he claims he's not and that he's being persecuted with ..i guess he's saying it's false data. 2) that's an irrational act, so if he did do it, i still don't know if i'd call it the work of a charlatan as much as irrational, like maybe he's not well..ya know? 3) that as a christian, i do things that other christians and non-christians disagree with for whatever reason (don't we all?), such as play competitive video games in which there is the use of weapons against your opponent, but to me this doesn't seem irrational. now if i went out into real life and did that, then it would seem irrational to me. such as the case with the guy. if he did it, it's a bit beyond the pale, an example of forcibly putting into reality what is best left to the spiritual realm. why would he do such a thing? some say for money or power, but what if he's just not ........well here, listen to Mama's take on it

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Could it be that moocow has a conscience ...I can see you laying in bed everynight doing your best to try and prove there is no God so that you can live free of your conscience ...

I am still praying for you Moo ..

I'm flattered that you would think of me while I'm in bed lol I'd be somewhat disturbed if it was when your in bed lol ,but no SN sorry to disappoint but that's it it simply does not enter my head.

Just because I find no evidence of the existence of something (namely the yahwehallahjesus god) does not mean that it does or has not exist, however to try and prove that something that (if it doesn't exist) something that doesn't exist does not exist would appear the height of stupidity.

The only thing I would like to live free of is religion, my conscience (con - science !) is doing quite fine my eyes and ears guide me pretty well, no locusts on my shoulder.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Christianity by definition holds no true form. By that I mean to infer that Christianity is akin to the English language in that it has constantly changed and evolved over the years as it has spread from country to country.

If one is a believer in a Christian God then why the need to become a follower of a pastor who pretends to perform miracles?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by freeradical]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Once again Undo I take my hat off to you for your skillful intelligent responses, but once again you have got me wrong if I'm honest not all wrong, I may disagree as to what you may believe but your debating can be learned from.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Do you really believe Christianity is threatened by quacks like this...?

Such devices are aimed at the superstitious; and only the superstitious will be swayed by them.

I'll tell you what a friend of mine, a Jesuit (working in the Vatican, no less) once told me - a famous quote by someone famous (I just don't remember who it was): "The proof of the miraculous substance and endurance of Christianity is that not even priests have been able to destroy it."

All of these kind of happenings do have a negative effect on Christianity.

That's why the church[es] numbers are in decline.

The Catholic church is now so desperate it is attempting to recruit other churches to it's cause.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Do you really believe Christianity is threatened by quacks like this...? Such devices are aimed at the superstitious; and only the superstitious will be swayed by them.

So do I take it that you have proof christianity is not superstition ?

How different is your belief to that of breaking a mirror or walking beneath a ladder ? The evidence for all are the same.

Between 6 and 100 million people believe this guy to be god, their evidence is no greater or less than yours, they would probably claim that your belief is superstition.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

That is correct. They are doing all of that for selfish reasons. And don't forget about those who have been caught making millions of dollars out of those kinds of organizations. Some christian organizations may be genuine, but that doesn't eliminate their selfish reasons. They want the golden crowns, remember? Either serve God or be on the bottom. I remember this very well growing up in Christianity.

Red Cross is a huge organization and it is non religious. Atheist or non religious organizations help with NO STRINGS attached.

Yeah but so do any christians who may be working inside any non-christian organisation like the red cross invisibly who like the idea of the red cross being non religious. [SNIP] A single person can be many things. Bush is part of a skull and bones, yet he is thought of as representing the christians by those who don't like reading about conspiracy and secret societies. Because you are innocent and naive, I'll give you some advice: (you just come off as a young angry teen with no life experience, sorry if that's not the case) There are going to be people you meet in your life who are "wolves in sheep's clothing" who will pose as a good guy but have a hidden agenda to use the membership of any groups they belong to as a way to further their career or gain some kind of power. These guys are the same sort of people who are 'popular and trusted' because of connections but who take advantage of their status within society to manipulate others into doing what they want. They could be members of religious organisations, work at a respectable company, be involved in education, work in entertainment, be the authors of books, but.. live a double life. In the same way that a famous person from a respectable family or position in society can't be seen with a prostitute or their whole career is gone in an instant, so too will you see these wolves in sheeps clothing getting exposed. But these same people are not the same people we think they are.

You know, the same hate for christians that you athiests have for them, is the same hate for jewish people the nazis had which is why we fight in wars and the illumanti manages to use each hate group as pawns in their illumanti card game - ie by pitting one group against another and using divide and conquer techniques to spread more division so that you'll be more likely to work for them.

It's because the [SNIP] can't judge individuals on their OWN actions and make them take PERSONAL responsibility themselves (instead of the group they might have taken membership in eg. pedophiles taking a job as a priest or working at disneyland or a child care centre where they can be close to kids easily) that leads to so much war and hate based on peoples prejudices. The [SNIP] want to make distinctions and discriminate based on their own negative personal experiences but they can't trust their own eyes since their experience might be limited in scope, letting prejudices take control. "Oh this guy belongs to that X group so lets attack that group because this guy was from that group and if he did Y thing, the whole GROUP is guilty of X thing"

The smart athiests understand that you can hold a different belief and co-exist so long as the laws are not broken. If a black person is guilty of stealing it doesn't mean all black guys are thieves and blacks need to have seperate toilets. In the ancient times it was the jews and gentiles seperated. Today it's the clean athiests vs dirty christians. Tommorow it will be man vs god and everything will go according to plan with the illumati successfully pitting one group against another and making huge money indebting everyone to pay for the wars, and profiting from the sale of weapons, as well as gaining more draconic power by justifying the need for a dictatorship to fight terrorism. On top of that, bring in more censorship and destroy freedom of speech so that you can't think freely.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette � Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/25/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The smart athiests understand that you can hold a different belief and co-exist so long as the laws are not broken.

The problem is that there are religious groups lobbying government to change the laws of the land, to change what is taught in our schools not to mentiion that religious organisations also get tax breaks too.

Athiests on the other hand however are not so organised, there is so church, sect or singular group of athiests, the government wont give tax breaks to athiests for simply being athiests either.

So while you are right that most athiests are happy to live with people that believe in something different to them its not funny when the religious lot try to impose their views on everyone else.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Snake Plisskin

-what Deaf Alien is saying is that religion is about money and control- which is exactly what anyone with any critical thinking skills are saying.

You can sit up on there on your horse claiming others are dumb but I would say that is nothing but a projection.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
I guess catholic charities are just as evil and selfish as the pope himself.

Damn them for helping and feeding the poor and homeless with no return other than the hope of getting into heaven.

Terrible..terrible people they are.

Damn them for helping themselves you mean.

The Catholic church is one of the richest institutions in the world- that's not a coincidence.

The peasants mean nothing to old Popey and his cronies- they are a means to their end that is all- yes he is evil and so is his church.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

There will be no more insults to other members in this thread.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.
Source: ATS Terms & Conditions

Keep your insults to yourself.

TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join