It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another nail in the coffin of christianity,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Pastor Arrested With Miracle Machine

A man of God of Ghanaian extraction was recently arrested and interrogated at Entebbe Airport in Uganda, after he attempted to clear a machine which, police say, he has been using to deliver electric current on unsuspecting worshippers during church service.

Pastor Obiri Kojo Yeboah, head of ‘We Are One ministry Church’ in Makarere, on July 5, 2009 failed to convince Aviation Police Officers why he needed an electric machine to do God’s work, and is facing serious charges including fraud and false pretence, Police Spokesman, Ason Kasingye announced.

According to the police, the machine, which generates up to 12 volts of electricity, can be worn like a corset on the body. “When he touches his flock, they fall down, thinking he is using super natural powers. The machine is placed on any part of the body and gives a pleasant electric shock to whoever touches you,” Mr. Asan Kasingye said.

The waterproof electric machine is activated within 10 seconds and can emit sparks of static electricity between the user’s fingers while in darkness. The Yigal Mesika Company in Los Angeles manufactures the machine known for freaking people’s minds.

Mr. Kasingye said the machine, using the body as a conductor of electricity, transfers the current to the person in contact but the one using the device remains unaffected. “We are out to find out really if these pastors are using tricks to obtain people’s property and money,” he said. Other ‘born again’ pastors including the head of the National Council of Born Again Churches (NCBC), a body that regulates Pentecostal Churches are calling for prosecution of Yeboah.

Police should interrogate him properly, know where he stays and the people he works with so that we can get a clear picture of it all,” said Pastor Alex Mitala who heads NCBC. Yeboah is a pastor in ‘We Are One Ministry Church’ on Sir Apollo Kaggwa Road, Makarere. His father, other pastors say, is Obiri Yeboah the controversial pioneer of miracle healing in Uganda. Allegations against some of the church ministers in Uganda include sodomy and dubious miracle healing.

Pastor Solomon Male said: “it’s a pity they have arrested Yeboah but police should not allow him to use a machine to deceive others that he has supernatural powers. The new “electric touch” is an electric system you can strap on your body, conveniently hidden under street clothes or religious vestments, for the purpose of supplying a supposedly ‘pleasant’ 12V electric shock to someone just by touching them.

But according to Vincent Karuhanga, a general medical practitioner with Kampala Polyclinic, even though 12 volts is not really much if it is applied on one person for a long time, it can damage the nerves. Pastor Yeboah has denied any wrongdoing claiming he was being ‘victimised’ by police and some fellow pastors although he did not say why he was being picked on.

Source: News-One

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
its stupid story. You want to prove what with the one crazy persons action?
In the Soviet Union during Stalins era they used simple technique to "convince" the schoolchildren that there is no God, it was I ve been told massive: Teacher tell the new pupils that there is no God in Heaven and as the proof asked them to pray to Him to send them down a candy. They clcose their eyes pray and...nothing. Then..."please children do pray to the Camerade Stalin"...of course afterwards the candy was always there...
The problem is- the Christians use that kind of methods as an exception since long time but the atheists or anti christians love to do it till now as a rule...

[edit on 24-10-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ZenOnKwalsky

Oh for Ford's sake really? Did they do that at Nazi Germany and Commie China too?

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm not much of a believer in any religion but using this story to denounce all of Christianity smacks of a person with an agenda. Ridiculous.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Yet Another nail in the coffin of christianity

This may come as something of a surprise but... Christianity is not about any one single person except Jesus Christ. Those who claim the title of 'Christian' do not always personify the ideal. That is a human issue that reaches far more than just Christians.

To stereotype all Christians after either Christ, on one hand, or the worst of humanity on the other, is the same as to say that all Africans are good basketball players but poor academics.

You have a right (as I see it) to dislike a faith based on its tenets. But to classify all of its followers based on the behavior of a few, is no better than the bigotry displayed by those who judge by skin color or ethnic heritage.

Best.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I can see something like this used by Benny Hinn. All those people being "shocked" and falling on the floor and flopping around on the floor?

I wonder where this guy Pastor Obiri Kojo Yeboah got the idea? Maybe Benny Hinn? Benny Hinn have been doing the preaching in Africa for a long time. Wow, maybe you have exposed his secret?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

So, what about all those that aren't Christian that pull frauds and such? Or are "Christians" the only ones capable of deceiving people?

I actually think that most people that read this article won't, as you have, associate it to Christianity as a whole, but some fringe guy or a huckster, like they do with Benny Hinn.

reply to post by redoubt

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said, "Not all those that claim the title of 'Christian' live up to the ideal."

[edit on 10/24/2009 by octotom]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by really
I'm not much of a believer in any religion but using this story to denounce all of Christianity smacks of a person with an agenda. Ridiculous.

Observing another nail in the coffin of xtianity is not denouncing xtianity but merely an observation.

However I do admit that I denounce xtianity on the whole as delusional.

This case in point gives a fine example of the lengths some people will go to in order to dupe the deluded.

No doubt if any of this particular pastors' congregation had been asked about their spiritual experience before he had his collar felt ( I've waited a very long time to fit that pun in somewhere lol) they would have probably have swooned in memory of the holy spirit of jesusyahwhegod tingling into their bodies through said pastor.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ah the power of suggestion is a beautiful thing eh?

Pastor=

It's unfortunate that so many use these fringe stories to generalize a whole sect of people. However I understand what the OP is saying.

It's just one after the other these days, probably because we have SOOO many different sects of the same damn religion going on.

Sad but true. I can't wait till someone opens the official humanity religion, I'll be ALL up in that.

Until then, pay no attention to these fools who dupe people. Real christians know the difference, and that's all that matters I guess.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Not necessarily knowingly deceiving those people.

For example, many Christians perpetuate the hoax that the Bible states that the homosexuality is a sin and wrong, even though some do know and yet continue to perpetuate feeling it's their duty. There have been many examples of this happening.

As Saint Paul would say, it's all right to lie as long as it gets people to believe.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

So, what about all those that aren't Christian that pull frauds and such? Or are "Christians" the only ones capable of deceiving people?

reply to post by redoubt

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said, "Not all those that claim the title of 'Christian' live up to the ideal."

Thanks.

We are not responsible for anyone but ourselves and, perhaps to some degree that we often today largely ignore, that of our children.

The point being is that Christians can not, as a whole, no more than any other group, nation or race, be held responsible for others who claim the same title. And even understanding that the world is not fair and never has been, it simply is not fair when we have a choice, to apply familiar accountability to anyone.

I really dislike stereotyping any group because it is the ignorant avenue to making sense of a world and its people, that deserve so much more.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by octotom

Not necessarily knowingly deceiving those people.

For example, many Christians perpetuate the hoax that the Bible states that the homosexuality is a sin and wrong, even though some do know and yet continue to perpetuate feeling it's their duty. There have been many examples of this happening.

As Saint Paul would say, it's all right to lie as long as it gets people to believe.

That is, of course, an arguable point. I know those who believe that homosexuality is wrong because that is their faith teaching. They are not evil people... no more than any gay person. It is merely a difference of opinion.

We have to not only learn how to live together, we have to learn how to disagree without it being something more than it is.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
FACT: all Christian churches use brainwashing techniques in one form or another, this bozo just took it to the next level. Such techniques are widely documented, everything from low hz soundwaves to affect human brains, to voice roll hypnotic techniques, I could go on for pages about all their tricks. All churches do it, it's all a sham. It's truly sad to see people fall for it. I owe my father a great deal in this regard.. he gave me common sense and skeptics mind so early on I was immune to this BS.. others (in this thread for example) were not so lucky.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

We have to not only learn how to live together, we have to learn how to disagree without it being something more than it is.

I actually don't care what people believe. People can believe in the pink unicorn for all I care.

However, when they step on my toes I start to care. I start to care when they pass laws or attempt to get laws passed forbidding certain behaviors according to their beliefs.

I start to care when certain pastors attempt or have successfully deceive people. Like the example in the OP and the likes of Benny Hinn. This is a form of fraud. We have so many examples of pastors on TV deceiving people for money.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
FACT: all Christian churches use brainwashing techniques in one form or another, this bozo just took it to the next level. Such techniques are widely documented, everything from low hz soundwaves to affect human brains, to voice roll hypnotic techniques, I could go on for pages about all their tricks.

It may well be that some other beliefs employ ultrasound techniques to create ingrown toenails too... but holy mother of Maalox... I don't offer myself up that easy and damned sure wouldn't try to ply that upon a world of thinking people.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

For example, many Christians perpetuate the hoax that the Bible states that the homosexuality is a sin and wrong,

Paul didn't seem to think too highly of homosexuality. Romans 1.26-27:

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Paul also says in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, that those who practice homosexuality won't inherit the Kingdom of God.

Then in Hebrews 13:4, we're exhorted to keep the marriage bed pure. The Bible defines marriage as between a man and a woman. Thus, anything outside of this relationship is sexually immoral.

This being the Bible's teaching, I don't see how Christians that believe and teach that homosexuality is a sin are preaching a hoax.

What are you referring to?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by redoubt

I actually don't care what people believe. People can believe in the pink unicorn for all I care.

However, when they step on my toes I start to care. I start to care when they pass laws or attempt to get laws passed forbidding certain behaviors according to their beliefs.

I start to care when certain pastors attempt or have successfully deceive people. Like the example in the OP and the likes of Benny Hinn. This is a form of fraud. We have so many examples of pastors on TV deceiving people for money.

Only as a suggestion? Try to spend your efforts on the individual who pushes such things and not those, who like yourself, are merely trying to live and survive with a family each day.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I actually think that most people that read this article won't, as you have, associate it to Christianity as a whole,

Why not ? This guy was unlucky enough to get caught out how many other self titled reverends have a miracle machine tucked up their cassock, you don't know that they don't no more than I.

As corroborative proof of supernatural occurrences in relation to pastors and flocks is not available, when one of these juju merchants is caught out it's only sensible to assume that the others are at it.

We know David Copperfield is doing something we just haven't figured out how yet, same horse different jockey.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

all Christian churches use brainwashing techniques in one form or another

No, that's not true. I've worked for several churches and parachurch organizations and no such things have taken place. In fact, we always tried to stay away from anything that could "brainwash" or "hypnotize" people into just accepting what we said/taught.

So, not all churches do this.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Why not ?

Because I simply trust that more people will be able to differentiate between a frauster and sincere people following their faith.

it's only sensible to assume that the others are at it.

I never said that there weren't others doing similar things. I would agree that there are others out there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join