It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another nail in the coffin of christianity,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Voodoo in Africa is wide-spread and has always been selling well.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I dont approve of hating Christianity, mods can someone lock this thread?

Some of you are defending islam in fact claiming that Koran is better

and has space aliens? come on now.

And yet islam is wide spread in eupore.

I am not attacking anyone or anything i am just saying this hating stuff or ponting fingers gotta stop.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I am not going to start an argument about what the bible says about homosexuality. It has been covered many times before. The fact is the Bible doesn't condemn homosexuality. If you want to start this argument, you can look at many other threads or we can start a new thread.

I am trying to find that verse where Paul states that is it ok to lie to further the cause of Christianity.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I dont approve of hating Christianity, mods can someone lock this thread?

I personally see no evidence of anyone hating xtianity so far in this thread.

Anyhow even if there is evidence of hating xtianity what exactly is wrong with that ? Christianity is a belief there is no victim in hating a belief, although I would say hating a belief is a trifle barking mad.

If I posted a thread proclaiming hatred of fairies would you be pleading with the mods to lock the thread ?

I don't approve of cheese being eaten with mayonnaise but why on earth would I want to deny it to you ?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

My intent wasn't to start an argument. I just wanted to show you scripture to defend those whom you said are unknowingly deceiving people.

I am trying to find that verse where Paul states that is it ok to lie to further the cause of Christianity.

I don't know if such a verse exists. I've never noticed anything close when I've read Paul's writings.

[edit on 10/24/2009 by octotom]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I do believe one of the really bishops made the same or similar statement, can't remember which one at the mo as I'm a little tired and need some kip.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Here you go -

"For if the truth of God hath more abounded by my lie unto his glory, why yet am I also adjudged a sinner?" (St. Paul, Romans 3.7)

However in context Paul is actually censuring other Christians who say "Let us do evil, that good may come" (that is, from God's judgement). But like Paul we can "take the passage captive" to make a point.

Here you go -

Jerome is not alone in his candour. Bishop Eusebius, the official propagandist for Constantine, entitles the 32nd Chapter of his 12th Book of Evangelical Preparation:

"How it may be Lawful and Fitting to use Falsehood as a Medicine, and for the Benefit of those who Want to be Deceived."

Ignatius Loyola (1491-1556), the tireless zealot for papal authority – he was the founder of the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) – even wrote:

"We should always be disposed to believe that which appears to us to be white is really black, if the hierarchy of the church so decides.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Damn, get me one of those corsets. Do you know how fun it would be to walk up to people, tap them on the shoulder and send them into a jolting fit?

Man, the power trip I would go on!

Well, probably not, but it still seems like a cool invention. If you were in the police force, you could be known as the walking taser.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

You're correct in your reading of the passage. In Romans 3, Paul was using a series of rhetorical questions to make a point. Basically, that we shouldn't sin in order for grace/blessings/good things to come. So, in Romans 3.7, when taken in context (which is vitally important in Scripture), Paul is asking, "Why would I be judged as a sinner if my lie were to bring glory to God's kingdom (since he'd have to show grace)?" The answer that the reader would think is, "Lying is a sin, that is why you're judged as a sinner."

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

That's the verse I was looking for. In fact I just found it LOL after so many busy moments with everything.

Many "anti christianity" people have used this verse many times, especially in the evolution vs creationism debate.

I'll get back to you on this verse.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

"What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church ... a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them." – Martin Luther

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Here you go -

Jerome is not alone in his candour. Bishop Eusebius, the official propagandist for Constantine, entitles the 32nd Chapter of his 12th Book of Evangelical Preparation:

"How it may be Lawful and Fitting to use Falsehood as a Medicine, and for the Benefit of those who Want to be Deceived."

Ignatius Loyola (1491-1556), the tireless zealot for papal authority – he was the founder of the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) – even wrote:

"We should always be disposed to believe that which appears to us to be white is really black, if the hierarchy of the church so decides.

Yes there we go.

In other words: by any means necessary.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

"What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church ... a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them." – Martin Luther

Thank you!

That's the point I was trying to make.

Benny Hinn and this pastor in your OP and other pastors will do anything to get people to "believe".

For what reason? You name it. Money, control, NWO, whatever.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This is sooo funny, scramble for power by worldy reLIEgions.

The Catholic Church opens there arms to anglican ministers, "there's going to be trouble ahead...."

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

In other words: by any means necessary.

Looks like

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

There you go.

A gay pastor trying to convince people that being gay is wrong.

Perfect example.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This guy represents Christianity, like I represent the United States. Some people who claim to be "Christians" are frauds. Some people who claim to be Americans are also frauds. That says nothing about either Christianity or "America". All it says is that some folks are dishonest.

It's not a "nail in a coffin". It's one guy tricking some people. For every fraud like him, there are dozens of Christians trying to help others, working to feed hungry people, provide them with clean water, treat or prevent illness, and so on. Those quiet workers don't make the news, but they're far more typical of what Christianity is about.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
We have to not only learn how to live together, we have to learn how to disagree without it being something more than it is.

I can agree with this. But, isn't it suppossedly god who dictates what we can feel, do, and even think? So, if this is the case, how can we just disagree when someone is in the wrong according to god (or more specifically the bible)?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

It's not a "nail in a coffin". It's one guy tricking some people. For every fraud like him, there are dozens of Christians trying to help others, working to feed hungry people, provide them with clean water, treat or prevent illness, and so on. Those quiet workers don't make the news, but they're far more typical of what Christianity is about.

Like who? Give examples.

I can give you plenty of examples of people who are not christians who help others.

Do not forget that those Christians who help others do for their own selfish reasons. What reasons? Like earning favor with God? Earning that golden crown? Etc.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

I can agree with this. But, isn't it suppossedly god who dictates what we can feel, do, and even think? So, if this is the case, how can we just disagree when someone is in the wrong according to god (or more specifically the bible)?

You have said what every intelligent person has asked ever since.

If someone is actually in the wrong, isn't it God's responsibility to get this person back in track and not us?

Why would God want a sinner to correct another sinner? This is the question I have been asking pastors and Christians for many years. "Well, the Bible says so! It's our responsibility!" Well then to them I say, you're infallable! You're sinners! How would you know what you are saying is the truth???

Christians can not get this point.

Sinners telling other sinners that their actions are wrong. HAH!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join