It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Swine Flu 'National Emergency'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

More BS, another excuse to take away our freedoms. They can only take them away if we let them! Thanks for the post
S&F

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

In a state of emergency, the authorities can effectively "do what they like" - what Obama has given the health personal and administration the powers to do.

"Cutting bureaucracy in a crisis" is a diplomatic statement, that translates into "rule by decree"

[edit on 24-10-2009 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I've suffered from Swine Flu - was nearly hospitalised.

But notice the major coincidence here: Healthcare has effectively been centralised (while health reform legislation is being debated in the House)

Conditioning society to a public option?

Your President, in practice, can rule by decree for two years.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
DHS - Department Response to H1N1

Oh yes, Department of Homeland Security has the authority to restrict the sick to their homes. Including recommendations for closing schools, key infrastructure, etc.

DHS will not be working with the President during this state of emergency.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
For people NOT in the USA, don't be alarmed by the idiotic responses you see to this thread. We have a certain segment of our population that simply wants to interpret everything president Obama does with a paranoid outlook. They are easily controlled as they lack logical thinking abilities. One of them will literally dream up "intentions" regarding Obama, and then this is broadcast to the cult, who dutifully obey, having no mind of their own, and further spread the message.

The gun industry successfully did this before Obama's innauguration, going viral withe the message that "Obama was going to take everybody's guns!!!!!" They made a huge profit off of the patsys who weren't aware that a president cannot rescind a constitutional ammendment. They didn't know anything about the US Constitution, and likely had never read it.

Most of these people are ignorant not only of the US Constitution, but of the world in general. They are easily frightened.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just a odd FYI, I have the scanner on, usualy is, going in the background, entertaning some days as to the crap people do.

But, there was just a page for all EMT units to meet at the fair grounds, (common place for meetings, etc in off season.)
No word as to why, but i'm betting it has to do with this, since i've never had that come accrost at all before.
Sounds like a meeing to update on the new changes that we are discussing... or is it.... .. *g*

Interesting none the less, i'm sure its the only tid bit i will get to hear, they are good at switching to private chanels around here latley. Realy wish i had those frequencies.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceSilence
Wow, Timewave really works

second line....

\
Thats what I was thinking, too. The stock market will feel this on Sunday when China leads the bull through the china shop. Just wait for the market openings Monday morning.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The recent emergency procedures and drills in America were designed to make the emergency system operational within months. This was planned.

Well one thing is certain, all the emergency planning and drills wouldn't be because Obama doesn't want to repeat the same gross malfeasance of the previous administration where emergency services are concerned. No it has to be - it must be due to some malicious design. I know this is true because I am a paranoid kook and I know these things.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well, well, well.....

It was just a matter of time ( and deaths).....

Goodbye constitution, Hello Martial Law

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

But the sky is not falling, as some would think (hope?). It's just the government doing what it is supposed to do. Take care of the people.

And since when has the government looking after it's people ever been a priority? Some will never wake up. When your door is kicked in and you are dragged off you will still be clutching your photo of Obama and shouting that it is for your own good.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What company or companies make the H1N1 vaccine? How is the stock doing? Who owns stock in it and stands to gain financially from this? I've got a feeling that may be where the answer lies. Since when has the government cared soooo much about the common people other than exploiting us for our labor, money, and resources? Unemployment is at an all time high, and people are struggling to pay their bills for basic survival. The government doesn't care if we can eat, have shelter, warmth, feed our children, etc. but they suddenly care about our health and safety if we catch the flu? This is almost like saying that they want to ensure that we survive so that we can continue to live and suffer from the effects of their oppression. For some reason, I'm not feeling all that government love.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The declaration that Obama signed late Friday means Health and Human Services chief Kathleen Sebelius to bypass federal rules when opening alternative care sites, such as offsite hospital centers at schools or community centers, if needed.

Yahoo

Certain members will probably think FEMA camps

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

I hear what you say,and yes its true-some people will jump about saying the president is trying to install a totalitarian regime whatever he does...BUT,in this case he has achieved in 6 months what Bushco tried to do for 8 years:a state of emergency whereby the rule of law is effectivley suspended,or like Infinite said:

Your President, in practice, can rule by decree for two years.

Even if you believe in Obamas integrity,the people behind him(Kissenger,John Holdren etc)do seem to have some twisted ideas when it comes to running a country.(IMO)

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Applause!

Originally posted by oneclickaway

But the sky is not falling, as some would think (hope?). It's just the government doing what it is supposed to do. Take care of the people.

And since when has the government looking after it's people ever been a priority? Some will never wake up. When your door is kicked in and you are dragged off you will still be clutching your photo of Obama and shouting that it is for your own good.

The government take care of people, wow I needed a good laugh.

Tell that to all the crippled children in Iraq and Afghanistan.

BH take off the blinders please, read about Tuskegee and MK Ultra for starters...

[edit on 24-10-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It has been suspected that the swine flu was created in a lab. Some have asked why someone would do such a thing.

We're seeing why.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If you read the Act, regarding the powers and authorities under an emergency, Obama only needs to issue an executive order to gain more power.

The Act gives the President dictatorial power already, but he can require more - without the permission of Congress.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Wow...He can get more power than dictatorial power!
Even Dictators don't need more power than dictatorial power.

Where the hell is this leading?I don't even want to imagine.

The next few days/weeks could see some major U know what hitting the fan over in America.

Not good at all.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Strangely, I cannot find his proclamation. White House not making the statement for a state of emergency public.

The Health Secretary is effectively controlling health care. Only arbitrary power currently in use.

"offsite hospital" gives the Secretary to acquire any building, or land, and turn it into a medical facility.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here are 1176 references:
Google News

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Also, non-infected patients and individuals can be withheld and prevented from leaving a major outbreak or hospital.

That is the other power required by Obama.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join