It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Swine Flu 'National Emergency'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You argue your case well, and I don't think the virus should be taken lightly. But I for one cannot see that the measures being taken are proportionate to the degree of threat.

I mean come on, a state of emergency, and all that goes along with that?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Just saw it onthe BBC News website, would not let me upload the ALERT this should be big. Our american cousins let us know whayt is going on please ty.

I don't know what's going on! I haven't met one person who's gotten this flu! I'm just as confused as most you folks across the pond are.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I take my words of contempt back - Alex Jones was literally right.

The recent emergency procedures and drills in America were designed to make the emergency system operational within months. This was planned.

How was Alex Jones right in this instance? While I know many of you will immediately make the leap from the Declaration of a National Emergency and the streets of the US being filled with National Guard Troops and the imposition of Martial Law, let's wait until we actually see any of that before characterizing that fraud as being correct.

Look, it always makes sense to keep our eyes open and I'm not dismissing the fears some of you have, I am only suggesting that we continue to think clearly and not jump to conclusions.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

If you actually read that article you will see that this is a pre-emptive stance to a potential national disaster as opposed to a reactive stance to one as we saw in Katrina.

Some people are not happy no matter what their governments are doing.

We are already seeing entire schools close with this, the signs are there... this is the move that has to be made to ensure funds are available AHEAD OF TIME.

Not sure what world you are living in, but as I stated, in my world, H1N1 is real.

Yep, H1N1 is real.

But, I wouldn't exactly call this preemptive or ahead of time. Look at your statements that entire schools are closing, etc... does that look like it's preemptive?

From the standpoint of a National Emergency.... yes it does to me.

As for the vaccine, even if you wanted to take it (and I certainly do not), it's still too late (RE: Study: H1N1 vaccine too late to help most).

I'll give you that... Now, for me, I don't know what is a decent enough amount of time to generate a vaccine. Even though too late for many, the release of it still could have been incredibly fast given how long it takes to start from scratch and create a vaccine. But as I said... I don't know how long it should take.

Now just so you know, I wouldn't take the vaccine before at least many others did to see what the rate of issues stemmed from that in itself. On this I think we agree.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Would the easiest way to get the "masses"=sheeple to want to get vacinated.....is to create a false shortage and let them "want" it and beg for it....
Then create a story about it and make it seem that all is doomed without it!

I can't prove this, but it makes a whole lot of sence, psychologically, and through basic human nature

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Now just so you know, I wouldn't take the vaccine before at least many others did to see what the rate of issues stemmed from that in itself. On this I think we agree.

Yes we agree except I won't be taking it at all because, in my area at least, while many have been sick, most have come through it without having to be hospitalized. It just isn't that severe of a illness.

I do have to admit though that I don't take the regular flu shot either.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is very serious and not good news, it means the government can make vaccination mandatory and lock up those who don't get the vaccine.

I tell you this is WORST CASE SCENARIO!

[edit on 24-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night WatchmanWhile I know many of you will immediately make the leap from the Declaration of a National Emergency and the streets of the US being filled with National Guard Troops and the imposition of Martial Law, let's wait until we actually see any of that before characterizing that fraud as being correct.

Look, it always makes sense to keep our eyes open and I'm not dismissing the fears some of you have, I am only suggesting that we continue to think clearly and not jump to conclusions.

Well said, of course we will all wait and see, but I do think that an extra vigilance in watching is called for.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
This is very serious and not good news, it means the government can make vaccination mandatory and lock those who don't get the vaccine up.

No, the worst case scenario is if and when they make the vaccination mandatory. But to do that, they'd have to resolve the vaccine inventory problem that we have, and I don't think that chickens are going to lay more eggs (the purported reason behind the shortage of the vaccine), just because Obama tells them to.

[edit on 24/10/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
This is very serious and not good news, it means the government can make vaccination mandatory and lock those who don't get the vaccine up.

So much for not jumping to conclusions.

There are legitimate reasons for declaring a National Emergency. You do realize that, right? As a poster mentioned earlier, this is precisely what the govt FAILED to do as Katrina was bearing down on NOLA. The lack of pre-emptive action turned into a disaster for the people living in the areas devastated by the Hurricane.

But, of course, some here will always see the apocalypse just around the bend.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Given the fact that they have only produced and shipped about 10% of the h1n1 vaccine that they were hoping to ship, and the fact that right now, many doctors can not order the normal flu vaccine, even if they wanted to. I was wondering the other day how long before this kicked in.

I think their main worry is when the h1n1 mixes with the common flu and realy starts spreading, how do you stop a virus that nasty and that spreadable without med's? Easy , restrict travel, keep people in their own little community and ride it out. Sure many may get sick, but it will be isolated, not wide spread.
Not to mention what happens if the h1n1 mixes with any of the other nast bugs out there, bird flu etc. Sadly its a smart move.
Sure we may hate the idea of being restricted, but if this virus turns nasty, and there is no meds to fight it, what other option is there?

Sure there is always the chance that this is some pre planed much deeper happenings going on, but if you stop and think about it, it makes sence. If this thing mixes with the common cold, and then mutates, where do we stand? No meds to fight it, nothing to stop it, except to restrict people from traveling, which will limit its spread.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Well getting hold of a ruck load more chickens is unlikely to be a problem for the might of the US gov,I would have thought.

Maybe they are withholding the stocks as part of a depopulation plan?Stranger things have happened.

Or maybe they have just lied about the lack of vaccine until they implement this state of national emergency properly?

The "chickens aren't laying enough eggs" line seems a bit of a stretch IMO.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

some here will always see the apocalypse just around the bend

It could just as easily be argued that is exactly what the govt. is doing with this measure. But a lot of people remain unconvinced a flu bug (which isn't, it turns out, very dangerous) should be used to justify draconian measures.

Due to recent changes in US law a declaration of a state of emergency potentially opens the door to the suspension of the US Constitution itself...

link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

There are legitimate reasons for declaring a National Emergency. You do realize that, right? As a poster mentioned earlier, this is precisely what the govt FAILED to do as Katrina was bearing down on NOLA. The lack of pre-emptive action turned into a disaster for the people living in the areas devastated by the Hurricane.

Did you seriously just say that you would have expected the government to declare a national emergency BEFORE the emergency? There is no legal justification, whatsoever, for that. The Katrina response was due to the law prohibiting federal response until the state asked for it. Go read the law again.

That said, yeah, it's a little to early to be jumping to conclusions but we do need to watch this closely.

[edit on 24/10/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

link   

Visits to the doctor for influenza-like illnesses were also much higher than expected for the time of year, the CDC said.

So, we are not being given the true figure it seems.

New York State on Friday stayed a directive ordering health care staff to be inoculated* or risk losing their jobs.

*Mandatory vaccination

(Quotes taken from the BBC article)

[edit on 24-10-2009 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Well getting hold of a ruck load more chickens is unlikely to be a problem for the might of the US gov,I would have thought.

Maybe they are withholding the stocks as part of a depopulation plan?Stranger things have happened.

Or maybe they have just lied about the lack of vaccine until they implement this state of national emergency properly?

The "chickens aren't laying enough eggs" line seems a bit of a stretch IMO.

I have to agree with you there.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well well. Now I guess we'll find out if the "Oath Keepers" are really the "Chicken snip".

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/10/2009 by Sauron]

link   
CDC - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - weekly update

Complied date, only a based on a small amount of the cases (5%)

link   
reply to post by infinite

That sounds about right-This is exactally how I imagined they would implement "mandatory" vaccinations-through the back door,no written rule,just have it set up so people will lose thier jobs/not be allowed in shops etc unless they have been vaccinated.

But no actual "law"in place,just immense pressure on the individual.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
There are legitimate reasons for declaring a National Emergency.

Absolutely. People should read the thread in the Swine Flu forum about this. Some ATS members' family members are very sick with this. For them, this is an emergency. And the president declaring such makes it easier for them to get what they need.

But the sky is not falling, as some would think (hope?). It's just the government doing what it is supposed to do. Take care of the people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join