It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET Needs to put an end to religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I strongly disagree with the statement that if aliens were to "show up officially", this would put an end to all religions.

THIS WOULD INCREASE RELIGIONS CREDIBILITY. ESPECIALLY CHRISTIANITY.

The people that wrote down the bible didn't have the word "ALIENS", so they wrote "ANGELS" and "DEMONS" instead.

Make sense?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by aalien
The people that wrote down the bible didn't have the word "ALIENS", so they wrote "ANGELS" and "DEMONS" instead.

Gee, I wonder what else "the people that wrote down the bible" didn't have a word for but depicted it in the bible in cryptic and dogmatic form anyway...

Make sense?

The inspiration of the bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it. ― Robert G. Ingersoll

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Puhlease mankind divides at the drop of a hat. About practically EVERYTHING *skin pigmentation, nationality, etc, etc hell even by the neighborhood grew up in and dietary habits*, this site alone shows that. To say Religion is the biggest cause for that is VASTLY unrealistic, in several contexts.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
When ET arrives and shows themselves to us i am hopefully wishing them to show how our galaxy started, to prove evolution and explain to us that god does not exist.

Ive just realisded what a big problem religion is, its like the voice in your head demanding you must do this and that, and an old book dominating your life..

You must live like this or you will burn in hellfire forever and ever.

So come on ET put everyone out of there misery.

Your sentiments are appreciated as I would like to be the one to end religion on earth. BUT wishing aliens would erase religions is going to an extreme. If aliens existed and they were to make their presence known, it is my opinion that they would either want to see us progress which won't happen until religion is replaced by logic, reason and common sense. But aliens may not give a whit about humans wasting their time believing in myths. Aliens could turn out to be neutral.

The only way to cleanly end religion beliefs in humans is to put every religious believer in a deep sleep, clean out their minds by erasing every thought of religion and demolishing all religious structures (as well as all written religious history) and replacing them with schools and hospitals.

Just for that I would friends with the aliens. Of course, it goes without saying that they would know who is a believer and who isn't. I'd hate to be taken out with the wrong crowd!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
What about the religious-like UFOlogy where aliens are worshipped as if they are God? "The aliens will come save us". "The aliens have all the answers". "The aliens will show us the way".

"You must live like this or you will burn in hellfire forever and ever." A literal torment in a burning hell is not true.

Seek out knowledge. Don't wallow in self ignorance.

They just might remove all such ATS Aliens and UFOs members and transport them to the Pleiades!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Religion is the primary and original reason for secrecy-based government(s). Easily. The main reason government as we know it is what it is (at least now) is to coddle, pamper and defer to the flimsiest, most fragile eggshell egos and psyches that define religious (or religious ENOUGH) people of every sort. Religion is blind, stubborn adherence to beliefs and rejection of (objective-by-definition) facts. Is it any wonder that any morally-spritually advanced nonhumans will have nothing to do with the pack of rabid dogs (and their seemingly endless throngs of supporters) that dominate this "civilization?" That's not to insult the actual or literal rabid dogs.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

When ET arrives and shows themselves to us i am hopefully wishing them to show how our galaxy started, to prove evolution and explain to us that god does not exist.

Ive just realisded what a big problem religion is, its like the voice in your head demanding you must do this and that, and an old book dominating your life..

It would nice to have all religion end, but.....ETS are not athiests, in fact, they are 5D and above, and this means they experience what I was given this summer, the Universal Understanding, and one mindendness, in a wonderful united separation but belonging, and in the advanced abilities that are enhanced in this, we know God exists, high councils of planets meet with archangels, and things are spiritual, however they're not as our religiouns depict. Pleiadians speak of Mother, as in Divine Mother, and the purpose and question this universe asks for graduation is Unity, a Female priniciple.
However, this is a spiritual growth not a religion. There is no temple or church to attend.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
EEsh, what if they come here and say the mormans have it right...or worse, scientologists...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
All righty then. Let me make sure I'm understanding what you are saying.

When ET arrives...

When an imaginary being arrives...

...explain to us that god does not exist.

explain to us a different imaginary being doesn't exist.

...its like the voice in your head

and listening to voices in your head?

How is it that you came to believe that "ET" exists, with no evidence, whatsoever, but deny the existence of a "god", when there is so much evidence from nearly every society, of the world?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
All righty then. Let me make sure I'm understanding what you are saying.

When ET arrives...

When an imaginary being arrives...

...explain to us that god does not exist.

explain to us a different imaginary being doesn't exist.

...its like the voice in your head

and listening to voices in your head?

How is it that you came to believe that "ET" exists, with no evidence, whatsoever, but deny the existence of a "god", when there is so much evidence from nearly every society, of the world?

I was enjoying your reply until I came to the last paragraph at which point you blew it! How can you criticize one thing because of no evidence and then present a case for something you obviously believe in but for which there is no evidence either? There is no evidence for any gods, past or present. Gods are created by humans who want to control weaker minded humans. History supports this. History does not support gods. Saying so doesn't make it so.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Religion isnt a big problem. Sounds like it is with you, but anything that calls for people to love one another sounds like a pretty good thing to me.
What exactly has religion told you that you can't do? Murder, rape, lie??? What kind of world are you lookin to live in man? The whole point to religion is the fact that we have free will. No one is making you do anything. You choose what you do on your own. You can't make a general statement like that stating that God doesn't exsist yet state in the next sentence that space aliens do. You sound like a self righteous know it all lunatic.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

So, let's get this straight. You think religion is a terrible thing so you are praying to an ET savior to come save us from ourselves?

LMAO! Yeah I think that's what he's saying. When you put it like that, I think it's time to shop for another thread

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Actually, I didn't say whether or not I believed or disbelieved in either "ET" or "god". However, circumstantial evidence is evidence and there is a significant amount of that, in favor of a "god".

Circumstantial evidence is evidence which requires or allows a trier of fact to make an inference which supports the truth of an assertion

en.wikipedia.org...

The problem, as I see it, is not with "god", but, rather, with how humans interpret the role of "god".

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Actually, I didn't say whether or not I believed or disbelieved in either "ET" or "god". However, circumstantial evidence is evidence and there is a significant amount of that, in favor of a "god".

Circumstantial evidence is evidence which requires or allows a trier of fact to make an inference which supports the truth of an assertion

en.wikipedia.org...

The problem, as I see it, is not with "god", but, rather, with how humans interpret the role of "god".

Please don't think I'm trying to browbeat you. But there is no evidence of any kind, especially circumstancial, for any god. All you have are human desires based on beliefs which were created with mental conditioning. When the pharaoh spoke to Egyptian gods, you had better believe in them or your life might be made miserable if you spoke out against the reality of such gods. Fortunately, times have changed for the better which have given us such outspoken people as Madeline M. O'Hair.

Circumstancial evidence is best used for UFOs for which there are no nuts and bolts but there are millions of photos/films/videos. That is the circumstancial evidence. If there were no photos/films/videos, just reports, there would be no circumstancial evidence.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Hadyn does not realize it, but he isreplacing God with aliens. He is attributing them God-like abilities; they are omniscient and all truth flows from them. He considers them infalliable, if they say there is no God then he thinks we should believe it because they say so.

If an alien told me there is no god, I would have the same question of them I would a religious person: How do you know?

Exactly what I was gonna say
quoted because it needs to be digested.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Religion isnt the problem... Most religions are about living a good and just life.

The problem is people. Still to this day there are those that believe that their religion is the one true religion and that all others are wrong and their followers backward, unenlightened and on the wrong path.

A bit of understanding, tolerance and respect for the rights of others would go a long way in this world.

Just get rid of the human sickness known as xenophobia!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

But there is no evidence of any kind, especially circumstancial, for any god.

Kinda off the topic at hand, but some evidence (particularly circumstantial) is somewhat subjective. Just as in court deliberations, some jurors dismiss a piece of evidence, while others embrace it.

You may not accept a piece of evidence as proof of of a "god", but someone else will. My point is that I'm OK with both of you. I'll not make judgements on anyone's beliefs or lack of beliefs, no matter how they arrive there.

I was, simply, attempting to interject a little humor into trying to get the OP to consider that, too.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by WTFover]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I know this topic has probably gone down another road, but I just wanted to say that the original post (and maybe it is made as a semi-joke) is a great example of the type of thinking people need to stop doing: wish-fulfillment from aliens.

Dear Santa, (I mean Dear Mr. Alien):

Please stop religion, give us free energy, take me off this planet, give me super powers, show me Atlantis, build me a laser gun, give me my own planet to rule, let me travel back in time, let me fly, let me have my own space ship, solve every problem on Earth, and make vegetables taste like candy.

Thank you.

Alien response: Thank you for your request, but we currently don't feel a need to do anything for you. What good are you to this universe if we "fix" everything for you? Do you wish to be our puppet? Our pet? No, I bet you don't. So how about using that amazing brain of yours and work with other brains to solve your problems and enjoy the sense of discovery.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Just cause an alien being tells you god doesn't exist you going to believe it? Haha. I still would not. Even if they tell me, reason being I have done my own research and concluded that our universe was engineered by a higher power.

Why don't you ask them for proof that this universe was created by something other than god? Or ask them how they came to be? Their evolutionary history. This is simply so ridiculous only true non-believers would fall for it. I cant' wait to see the new movie "4th kind" because I am interested in that kind of stuff, but I believe it is propaganda to make people believe in aliens. I do not believe in intelligent life (keyword: intelligent) outside of earth. There is simply no concrete evidence. All these alien movies coming out are designed to make you believe that there is no God, it is just propaganda, it is paving the way for the NWO. A person who believes and fights for god and country and resists the NWO is one of the hardest forces to defeat. Why do you think that they want to separate you from God and accept Aliens as your masters without question?

Haha, dude your already falling for the NWO's tricks. Open your eyes, aliens are not real, they are merely a media tool.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Sorry to say but You seem to have the soviet-slave type of mentality.
How do you know that the ET are benevolent and what they have to do with existence or not of the GOD????

Some extremely "wise" sciencists with the all authority of the Soviet Science have declared nonexistence of God already milion times. And as you an see it didnot convinced too many... Even the prosecutions, menace of death and the Kolyma gulags was not enough...
Surely the ETs regime may be 1000 times more severe but there always will be the resistance.
Nobody will tell me what to believe! even less someone hiding in the so-called flying saucers and playng the strange games with our race from the many years.
Surely they can use the mind control...but is it what you expect them to do??

[edit on 24-10-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join