It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET Needs to put an end to religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
EEsh, what if they come here and say the mormans have it right...or worse, scientologists...

What about "the only true religion" - the Raelians?? )

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't think they would find any benefit in us worshiping them,nor could they see the logic behind it I think.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I disagree entirely with the OP.

ET needs to come here, let us know that they are real, provide us with a little knowledge about the universe, with which we can develop a little wisdom, and then go away.

We do not need, nor should we want, an extremely advanced race to GIVE us all that we desire or need. We have to make our own decisions as a race and if we are going to engage with Extraterrestrial races in the future we should do so at our own time and on our own terms.

I for one would be extremely suspicious of an ET race who suddenly appeared in our skies and immediately began solving our problems for us. What would they want in return? Even if they were benevolent in their intent, they would be providing us with a crutch when what we really need is to walk on our own.

The very fact of ET becoming a part of humanity's paradigm would change us forever. I can only imagine that knowing for certain that we were not alone in the universe would finally bring us together, finally teach us that we are "one" race, that we must deny our differences and accept that we are, in the grand scheme of things, the same.

Our religions would all be questioned, our wars would all become trivial our differences would become cherished, something to be proud about.

That is the hope that I would have for any type of ET contact.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

do you have any idea how many famous scientists believed in god and attended worship services somewhere on the planet? do you have any inkling of the religion of the various inventors who have made all these technological and scientific breakthroughs? are you trying to say that for the last 1000 years, the only people who made any significiant contribution to technology and science were atheists and agnostics?
MAN ARE YOU EVER BRAINWASHED! i mean think about that for even five
seconds! just think.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Its not that, the universe is spiritual, the multiverse is spiritual. First Cause endowed all things with consciousness, and is in a never ending process, of discovering Herself, and that She is the Child of yet another Creation, and we are all on this journey of discovery perfecting ourselves.

Our religions, primarily the 3 judaic based ones, are from Sumeria ultimately stemming from the Nuki's for the sake of control, lest we truly free ourselves by our numbers and awareness. And they are the most warring religions as well. Oh gee,
wonder why.

In the end after disclosure will bring about advancement and true understanding and things that are illusions will fade with our own advanced and healed dnas, and our own spiritual work, and psi abilities restored, our multidimensional abilities restored. We'll all be able to discern for ourselves.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Its not that, the universe is spiritual, the multiverse is spiritual. First Cause endowed all things with consciousness, and is in a never ending process, of discovering Herself, and that She is the Child of yet another Creation, and we are all on this journey of discovery perfecting ourselves.

Our religions, primarily the 3 judaic based ones, are from Sumeria ultimately stemming from the Nuki's for the sake of control, lest we truly free ourselves by our numbers and awareness. And they are the most warring religions as well. Oh gee,
wonder why.

In the end after disclosure will bring about advancement and true understanding and things that are illusions will fade with our own advanced and healed dnas, and our own spiritual work, and psi abilities restored, our multidimensional abilities restored. We'll all be able to discern for ourselves.

Well going that "Sumerian"direction: What about the Annouki or what you call them?-if they decide to manifest themselves (if they really exist) do you think it will be beneficial to our race??

[edit on 24-10-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
do you have any idea how many famous scientists believed in god and attended worship services somewhere on the planet? do you have any inkling of the religion of the various inventors who have made all these technological and scientific breakthroughs?

And what does that have to do with anything? Those people didn't invent or make discoveries because they were religious or believed some higher power. The fact that some scientists were and are religious is merely a reflection of our culture and time.

It's widely known that currently, the great majority of scientists are either atheists, or agnostics (source).

It's also widely known that Albert Einstein, for example, one of the greatest minds that ever lived, rejected the notion of a personified god and expressed his dislike for organized religions.

In any case, you fail to understand my point. And I certainly didn't say religious people didn't contribute to progress. What I did say was that organized religions do more harm than good, and hinder social and technological progress.

Concrete examples of that are the opposition of equal rights for homosexuals and stem cell research.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by converge]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

What if the ETs are the Gods of Planet Earth? I don't think they are going to tell us there is no god, I believe they are going to tell us they ARE god.

link   

Woops double post

[edit on 24-10-2009 by ufoorbhunter]

link   

What if the ETs are the Gods of Planet Earth? I don't think they are going to tell us there is no god, I believe they are going to tell us they ARE god.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

well if you had your druthers, just because they HAVE a religion, they should be silenced by ETs. you assume because some people (such as yourself) want to impose their beliefs on everyone else, that all people of their particular belief system, are going to be just like them and want to force the issue so they don't have to deal with the fact people are individuals.

p.s. laws are moral codes. some people's morals are different than others. and most people vote their conscience. thus the disagreement on subjects like homosexuality or stem cell research. different set of moral codes is what it boils down to.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

sure seems like it's heading in that direction, although i'm not entirely sure what it means yet. i'm a bit wary of it at this point.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

ET Needs to put an end to religion

are you going to tell them - or should I?

:-)

When ET arrives and shows themselves to us i am hopefully wishing them to show how our galaxy started, to prove evolution and explain to us that god does not exist.

what if when they get here they can explain that he does exist - and how?

or, what if even if he doesn't - they still believe he does?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Reading through this thread only reinforces my belief that our conclusions as they relate to our infinitetesimal grasp of Universal law, truth, and the order of things as it relates to higher understanding is premature. Science can't prove that spiritualism has no place in our evolutionary progress because "spirit" equals unscientific and unscientific equals waste of time.

I too am fully aware of all the atrocities committed, throughout history in the name of religion, however,...

I believe that each individual is more than just the sum of his or her biological parts. Whether we call it soul, spirit, or some other term is beside the point.

Frankly I for one am grateful that concepts such as love, compassion, kindness, generosity, joy, happiness, equality exist and have been able to reach fruition in a fundamentally Christian society. Furthermore many of the liberties and freedoms we, as a societal collective have been afforded were made possible historically by Christians morals and values. The US constitution, declaration of independence, bill of rights, Charter of Human Rights, all were penned by Christian men espousing Christian values. "...a souls right to breath..., the pursuit of happiness... etc."

While the skeptics, scientists and atheists all want us to believe that religion is a complete waste of time, they adamantly forward these views freely and without worry of repercussion, thanks to an atmosphere of relative peace, tolerance, free expression and equality that evolved from Christian and or religious values.

For what its worth, I've read about abductees who asked their abductors about the existence of God. Their replies were to the effect that they haven't figured everything out and have not disproved it.

What I am trying to say is Christianity and other religions have their basic human interaction beliefs deeply interwoven throughout all the corners and niches of our lives and society, most of which we take for granted.

Its a shame that hypocrisy, perversion and misrepresentation can also flourish. Ain't that right Dub-ya?

I am sure I will be ripped a new one for some of this but it's my 2 cents

peace
and tolerance

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Christianity is was created out of sun god myths, by the roman empire based on an essene that was revealed in the dead sea scrolls, and he was probably pleiadian in source.

We're going to move beyond this obvious control mechanisms, and into truth. And it will something our own memories, and access to our metaphysical abilities will reveal.

I removed a video that had some good information akin to zeitgeist but was shorter, just noticed the background music included some kind of militia orders that included swearing so I though it had to be removed. It was some excerpt from a movie I think.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
well if you had your druthers, just because they HAVE a religion, they should be silenced by ETs.

I didn't even address the ET perspective. I was strictly talking about religions.

you assume because some people (such as yourself) want to impose their beliefs on everyone else, that all people of their particular belief system, are going to be just like them and want to force the issue so they don't have to deal with the fact people are individuals.

Deflection much? Where have I tried to impose my 'beliefs'? If you had read my posts rationally, you'd have seen that I defended everyone's right to believe whatever they liked, no matter how ridiculous it is.

The only thing I talked about, and it was miles away from being an imposition, was that organized religions weren't needed. People would still be able to believe whatever they wish.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by converge

Einstein also expressed exasperation with atheists. I think he like any other sane individaul viewed the whole heated debate the silly and destructive pasttime of people who care way too damn much about other's beliefs.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yeah, when I was a kid at school we used to laugh at the old stories about Jesus and the Bible, they seemed like fairy tales. Now looking back it's like.......... Those old stories may actually have a fair bit of truth to them and this God may well exist and maybe all those other religions out there may actually have their gods existing in the sky reality too

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

problem with that is, diversity is what keeps organized religion from eating its own children. you take away the diversity ( removing organized religions would centralize the power into one big ecumenical soup religion, that's so morally unoffensive that the concept of morality would be darn near vacant), and it becomes a sledge hammer more dangerous than an atom bomb. lots of different disagreeing religions is probably still preferable over the alternative. they keep each other on their toes.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If Aliens don't cure the religion plague on humanity then the Singularity will. This religious malfunction is a genetic/physical/psychological abnormality that CAN be corrected. I've done enough research on the matter to be completely convinced of this. It's beyond current medical technology to fix it. Not beyond alien technology or the technological revolution post singularity. It will be nothing short of the greatest day humanity has ever known when the cure is announced.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join