It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET Needs to put an end to religion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
removing organized religions would centralize the power into one big ecumenical soup religion

Organized religions are already big power 'centrals'. If organized religions were to disappear, there would be no centralized power. And everyone would be just as free to believe whatever they want as they are now.

that's so morally unoffensive that the concept of morality would be darn near vacant

Religions have nothing to do with morals. People don't get morals from religion. I'll grant you that in ancients time religion, in particular through their "holy books", did serve a purpose when there was basically no social cohesion or law. That is not the case anymore.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
When ET arrives and shows themselves to us i am hopefully wishing them to show how our galaxy started, to prove evolution and explain to us that god does not exist.

Ive just realisded what a big problem religion is, its like the voice in your head demanding you must do this and that, and an old book dominating your life..

You must live like this or you will burn in hellfire forever and ever.

So come on ET put everyone out of there misery.

I believe you are generalizing all religions to depict radical Christian concepts of faith. There are actually many religions that embrace evolution, even in Christianity. How can we assume ET will know all the answers either?

If ET does come down to pet all the sheeple, they might be frightened and confused, but ultimately religious leaders will step up to the task of adapting their belief systems to grasp changes. How do you think divorce came to be an accepted practice? King James (TPTB) wanted to divorce his wife, so he amended the Bible and now we can all divorce. While yes I believe many sectors of Christianity have lacked in thier ability to adapt to many of the socially relevant issues of the 20th and 21st centuries, under pressure of defeat, religious leaders would scramble to adapt their teachings to help heard the flock back to the promised land.. just my 22cents

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

within christianity there are lots of different organized groups that believe the others interpretations are incorrect, thus entire new religions are born and organized from this diversity. but if you concentrate on removing them all you will inevitably end up with one big one, and that one will be the one with the most money and skill at survival at all costs. people will not change just because someone else tells them to. they will only change if it's their idea. organized religion won't go away, it'll take over the entire planet and be one big sledge hammer. i've been studying this for a very long time. i don't think i'm wrong on this one. could be, but i don't think so at this point. it'll start off looking attractive and sensible and go downhill rapidly from there.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

within christianity there are lots of different organized groups that believe the others interpretations are incorrect, thus entire new religions are born and organized from this diversity. but if you concentrate on removing them all you will inevitably end up with one big one, and that one will be the one with the most money and skill at survival at all costs.

Your logic seems contradictory. Even within christianity, a religion with a rigid set of dogmas, you say new groups are formed from different interpretations. Why would then, hypothetically speaking, when there were no organized religions would people suddenly flock to form just "one big one"?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Considering that true metaphysics and the way to be spiritual is through experiential experiences and that only as people evolve into awareness and their true abilities, and learn to access, or plug into, the universal energy do they discover the way, not that this may be exactly the same for each person either. I don't know if it truly works that way, or if we are energy vibrations that graviate towards a certain frequency in the whole, learning all we can in that vibration or family grouping in a journey to perfect oneself.

But waking up to the truth that needs to be disclosed about the true history of this world and this will include the truth behind religions currently practiced, is everyones right.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

do you have any idea how many famous scientists believed in god and attended worship services somewhere on the planet? do you have any inkling of the religion of the various inventors who have made all these technological and scientific breakthroughs? are you trying to say that for the last 1000 years, the only people who made any significiant contribution to technology and science were atheists and agnostics?
MAN ARE YOU EVER BRAINWASHED! i mean think about that for even five
seconds! just think.

Your reply is the one question I've always had that may not have an answer. Here are these obviously highly educated persons who use(d) their brain to better our lot in some way and yet something keeps them from waking up to the mythical reality of gods! Basic research results prove that gods were created by humans. It is impossible for there to be gods. For there to be Jesuses, Mohameds, and all of the gods mentally conditioned people believe in. Religions oppress.

I don't accept that when scientists are questioned properly, that they couldn't challenge the falsity of their beliefs. Written history is the answer!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What if the ETS said to kill all people that were of a certain skin color because they dont like it. What if they kill certain people to get rid of genetic diseases. Oh boy im so excited, I cant wait.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

okay, ET comes down and says gods are not real. thousands of religions are disbanded, some due to lack of interest, some due to forcible removal of the buildings, taxing of donations/tithing into financial bankruptcy and physical destruction of the property. but, the people themselves would not change their mind just because ET came down and "preached a different gospel" as it were. and when the dust clears, you'd find one church still hadn't closed its doors. it survived the violence, the financial ruin and destruction of its buildings because it's that entrenched and globally powerful. it makes a few modifications, incorporating ETs as the gods and resumes its business as usual. it then uses the ufo and atheist community to help it enforce this new paradigm, under threat of death, torture, incarceration or institutionalization. say hello to the dark ages part two.

the only thing between it and world domination now, are the many separate and diverse organized beliefs which allow people various ways of believing or worshipping. but when diversity is removed, nothing will hold back that big one from taking over the planet. if we survive to see it, you'll remember i said this.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Wow, nice movie plot you got there.

I also particularly liked this touch

it then uses the ufo and atheist community to help it enforce this new paradigm, under threat of death, torture, incarceration or institutionalization.

Heh. Quite revealing.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

well the op's thread is a hypothetical about the arrival of ET and the concept of the gods not being real or more specifically, the religions of the world being falsehoods based on faulty human understanding of prior ET visitation. ET puts us straight. When the dust clears, the only organized group still standing is the same one that has survived since Nimrod.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I personally don't care about the ET perspective in all this, and that's why I haven't even addressed it. I think it's unrealistic, and quite pathetic to be honest, for people to be waiting for some savior to come change their lives, be it some god or advanced alien.

I found your descriptions of what would happen funny though. You seem to focus on one big oppressive religion that would rule the world and, obviously, oppress you and your religious beliefs. Yes, because christians have been so oppressed! The cherry on top is when you describe how the "atheist community" would help this big oppressive religion. As if atheists are this organized body like a church and would suddenly follow a religion. Heh.

I found it to be quite revealing of your fears and bias

[edit on 24-10-2009 by converge]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

you'll see. diversity is what has been keeping them honest. when that's no longer a threat, it'll re-ascend the throne and remove the last vestiges of opposition by manipulating the remainder of those who have been historically in opposition to it in the first place (they won't recognize it until it's upon them). it's the one group that has lead every empire since the foundation of world orders. it has passed on the mantle for thousands of years. today, it controls the vast riches of all the nations it has overthrown for the last 4000 years. its coffers are full, its storehouses overflowing with the accumulated archaeological treasures of the very diversity it seeks to stamp out -- not in the name of god but in the name of man as god. you'll figure it out. trust me.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
addendum: don't think for one minute that they mean you are god. that honor is reserved for the guys in charge. whereas yeshua or buddha or krishna might suggest that you can become gods or sons of god, that is not what the big organized religion believes. they believe THEY are the only ones deserving of it, by birthright, and if you don't got it already, you don't get it, ever, except for maybe as a slave or an indentured assassin.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Think about the conditions we would be in without certain foundation level laws.. these are based on morals and ethics.. the same is true with religion, you cannot be part of the divine if laws are broken or ignored.. a criminal breaks the law because they want it their way (which is based on desire for money, status, shortcuts etc). There is nothing divine about breaking laws that are designed to make a person more ethical and moral!

Think about this for a moment, who is mentally stronger? A person who can live a moral ethical lifestyle or the person who disregards these things and lives "how they want" (which is usually based on selfishness, pride, lust etc etc.)? Think carefully.. the person who disregards, disregards because its the easier way of living, easier does not always mean best.

We have an animal nature and a divine nature, we have forgotten about our divine nature... visitors to this planet will surely see that we are a severely sick humanity, no wonder they abduct people of this planet and do tests upon us.

(true) Religion is here to elevate us to a true human state, to become once again divine beings. It's a shame that this humanity regularly produces demons rather than saints like in the past.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think the ET's are the very ones who "started" this religion stuff. They are the source of every energy that divides people or causes dissention.

In the beginning, they traded technology to certain humans. These humans presented the technology as "magic" thus using it to awe and control the masses. The Magi were under covenant (contract) with the ET's.

As payment for their power, control, and prestige, the Magi supplied the ET's with blood sacrifices.

The ET's know that too many people have now realized they have been duped. They have begun to infiltrate with new philosophies to turn the tide.

Handbook for a New Paradigm reveals that when the ET's present themselves they will emphasize that "there will be no rescue." They will say that humans must learn to accept responsibility and stop expecting a skydaddy to fix everything. They will also promote that those who are down and out are responsible for their own circumstances and do not deserve help.

The ET's say that they cannot help unless humans ask for their help.

I say it's all a trick and these beings are very cold and unfeeling.
I believe we are on a dying planet and that the human species will not be able to continue on without being horrendously affected by the serious toxins we are now exposed to in the air and water.

Personally, I do believe there will be a rescue. It will not be a "rapture" nor will it be an escape from even more horrors that are to come. But in the end, I do believe there will be a supernatural rescue for those who survive.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

no, sorcery is not the use of "magic" or technology. it's the use of pharmacopeia in religious practice.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge
reply to post by undo

I personally don't care about the ET perspective in all this, and that's why I haven't even addressed it. I think it's unrealistic, and quite pathetic to be honest, for people to be waiting for some savior to come change their lives, be it some god or advanced alien.

I found your descriptions of what would happen funny though. You seem to focus on one big oppressive religion that would rule the world and, obviously, oppress you and your religious beliefs. Yes, because christians have been so oppressed! The cherry on top is when you describe how the "atheist community" would help this big oppressive religion. As if atheists are this organized body like a church and would suddenly follow a religion. Heh.

I found it to be quite revealing of your fears and bias

[edit on 24-10-2009 by converge]

His fears and biases "converged" on the points you made!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

you'll see. diversity is what has been keeping them honest. when that's no longer a threat, it'll re-ascend the throne and remove the last vestiges of opposition by manipulating the remainder of those who have been historically in opposition to it in the first place (they won't recognize it until it's upon them). it's the one group that has lead every empire since the foundation of world orders. it has passed on the mantle for thousands of years. today, it controls the vast riches of all the nations it has overthrown for the last 4000 years. its coffers are full, its storehouses overflowing with the accumulated archaeological treasures of the very diversity it seeks to stamp out -- not in the name of god but in the name of man as god. you'll figure it out. trust me.

What he say? Is this what they call NWO, or New Age stuff?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

laugh all you want, then go read.
why would the royals all intermarry? divine birthright. this is no joke. the prince of some tiny nation in the middle of germany, just recently married his own cousin. these people are not kidding.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

look at the title of this SUMERIAN document
www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

there's your answer. the more things change, the more they stay the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join