It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Griffin (BNP Leader) to appear on Question Time Tonight amid Protesters Outside Studio

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

ok... first, are you trying to put words in my mouth?? i never said or suggested that Racism is worse than mass murder... But it sounded like you was implying that if a party hasnt killed anyone then they are not racist... i was pointing out that murder or no murder... the BNP are still racist!!!

Second, i dont remember saying that the BNP's policys are racist... i said the BNP are racist... in other words, as a collective group on individuals... i also said Nick Griffin was racist.

So when I say something that you're unable to attack, I'm lying?

I never accused you of lying i just pointed out that it’s very easy comment to make considering it is something that will probably never happen!!!

Also... how can we not judge them on the past??? What would you like me to judge them on... the Future??? I can only go on what people HAVE said... not what they might!!

You then go on to quote Enoch Powell... Please... where are the rivers of blood that he also waffled on about?

To be honest im tired of arguing with Racist who makes up all kinds of pathetic excuses to hide their Racism behind... You get the pub racist who comes out with their poor excuse

"Dont get me wrong mate, i don’t hate the Blacks... it’s the Pakies i can’t stand"

To the politically minded slightly higher IQ racists who come out with racially charged drivel such as Nick Griffin...

Racism is nothing but insecurity and fear... Every Racist person i have known is normally very weak minded

Stu..

but somehow being proud of being English means I am a racist. Go figure.

I hope you are not suggesting that I am implying that I said you are racist for being proud to be British? Sorry if I got my wires crossed but I feel like I’m trying to argue with a million different people... and I got the kids screaming in the background lol

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Stu..

but somehow being proud of being English means I am a racist. Go figure.

I hope you are not suggesting that I am implying that I said you are racist for being proud to be British? Sorry if I got my wires crossed but I feel like I’m trying to argue with a million different people... and I got the kids screaming in the background lol

Sorry, I wasn't pointing at you, just the general attitude amongst the political establishment and the left-wing that believe that to be proud to be English means I have tattoos, a skinhead, own a bull dog and hate blacks, the typical stereotype.

But ironically, those very same people will proudly bang on about how great it is to be Scottish, Welsh or Irish and even allow them to celebrate national holidays and their own culture, but don't even dare mention that the English be allowed otherwise they'll scream bloody murder that you're out to cause a fight with some "darkies".....

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

lol np... sorry I got mixed up... I agree that we should celebrate St Georges day more... it should be a national holiday that celebrates English culture and achievements. I love other cultures, customs and food but I would also like to see English culture celebrated more... especially food, which is unfortunately being forgotten fast. People these days seem to think of English food as just Fish n Chips and Roasts (which are both GREAT) but it is far more diverse than just that.

Sorry, i am waffling and going off topic...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Reverse racism is a term used to describe this idiotic PC corporate/government way of balancing out the work place, as if somehow Racism can be a positive thing... something I disagree with and feel is just plain racism... however it is a term that is widely used and understood in this context.

I think the term you are looking for is "positive discrimination" or "affirmative action", a concept of which the Labour government has been a staunch supporter (see the Equalities Bill). So the gov and their opposites can harp on all they like about the BNP being a racist organisation but racism against the white people of the UK is openly touted government policy. But again, the perception is that there is no racism against whites, the racism is hidden behind this socially engineered "ethnic diversity" programme that if you question makes you a racist and therefore you have no valid opinion. This is shown in this thread by those who persistently state that anyone who voted for the BNP is either an idiot or actually is racist. Voting for UKIP is all very well and good, but it does not make a statement like voting for the BNP does (may as well just throw away your vote). People are trying to show the rest of you well meaning idiots just how bad they perceive the situation too be in the UK. It is so bad that they would vote for the BNP in an attempt to change it. What does that tell you? Try understanding the problem for a change instead of pigeon-holing people you disagree with so you do not have to address their legitimate concerns.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by quackers]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Well you have your opinion... and while we have freedom of speech, I still have mine... and in my opinion the BNP are scum! Find all the excuses you want... bleat on about how hard done by you are or whatever. Labour may be Racist moronic lefties, but what they do, they do out of a mixture of wanting to try and change things for the better and what will win them votes. Same with the conservatives and most of the other parties. What the BNP does is out of hatred.

The BNP has a core of ex National Front thugs who hang out with Nazi sympathizers and the KKK. I really can’t be bothered to argue about this anymore... After all the Video evidence proving this people still try to defend them with childish arguments like "But look what labours done"

I really don’t care... There is NO excuse for voting BNP. In my opinion they are not just Racist fascists; they are also a bunch of mugs. You don’t like me pigeon holing them? Well sorry... i aint gonna make excuses... I’m man enough to come out and say they are scum!!!

I've said it before and I’ll say it again... I’ve never met a brave Racist... by their very nature they are cowards. Nick Griffin was visibly shaking on question time... he was bricking it and I almost, for a nanosecond, felt sorry for him! But then I remembered... how much sympathy would he show to my family when he is sticking them on planes to country’s they have never known???

And so on that note... I withdraw from this thread... because I honestly feel that I cannot contribute anything else positive to it and do not want to have to keep providing evidence of why the BNP are scum and defending what I see as basic human decency!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well after reading their policy's, I'd certainly vote BNP.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I really don’t care... There is NO excuse for voting BNP.

See, this is the problem. You are completely dismissing any legitimate views and concerns because they are associated with the BNP.

I didn't get the impression that quackers was trying to defend the BNP or claim that they are not a horrible party. What, imho, I think he was doing was articulating the reasons people go to the BNP but you can't seem to debate this rationally and instead go off on a rant.

If people can't say that they're worried about foreign cultures or racism against white people without people like you shouting them down and calling them names then what do you expect them to do? Are they going to just stay quiet or are they going to go to the only place where these concerns are addressed?

Yes the BNP are a moronic, racist party but like it or not some of the concerns that they represent are perfectly legitimate and need to be addressed. It is attitudes like yours that has fostered the support for the BNP, these people have no other choice and you are isolating them even further.

I’m man enough to come out and say they are scum!!!

It doesn't take a man to call someone names, it takes a man to sit down and talk no matter how repugnant you find their views.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Um yeah, cheers for the BNP history lesson, I'm well aware of who they are and what they are said to represent. That does not change the fact that they received over a million votes. Many of those votes came from people who are not racist and do not fit into your typical skinhead/hooligan/thug stereotype no matter how hard you try to pain them as such. But you carry on vilifying them if it makes you feel better. I would expect nothing less from the small minded.

Labour and Conservatives want to change things for the better? Have you looked around you recently? Is the situation we are in the fault of the BNP? Is it even the fault of racists? No, but you'd vote for one them again any way wouldnt you. It's people like you who are the problem, not the BNP or their supporters.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The audience and pannel really let Griffin have it, and he didnlt do well

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You know what I am sick to death of being ladled a racist for following my political beliefs. Most of all I am sick of being pushed around by bullies who thrive off watching people suffer, day to day problem to problem crawling on our hands and knees trying to live what they call life. From a child I have done nothing but see and experience hate, I live a a life where I am taped in a cage. I have been brought up to respect people, to see everyone as part of my family. I have lead an honest life and always chosen peace over war, I have brought a smile to many people faces. I have always worked and contributed to this county, I have kept my police record clean, driving licence, everything I have kept on the straight and narrow.

However no matter how good in life I try I am always being pushes around by people who think they own me, especially when they know nothing about me at all. It's the lowest form of judgement ' judgement that's powered by ego ` that ego spreads like a cancer from person to person. Before you know it you got "One Giant Ego" this ego continues growing and attaching it's self to everyone around it. Forever manipulating people into fear, interfering with there beliefs in the hope of them being sucked in by the collective ego.

People can no longer think for themselves, if they do they are classes as crazy !!! out of touch with reality. Each and everyone of us has been conditioned into thinking "they" are different from "us" we have been separated and sectioned and given a label. He is Black, He is White, He is Brown, He is a little of this or a little of that. He is rich, He is Poor, He is small, tall, fat, skinny, ugly, good looking.... and so forth. We have been conditioned into thinking we need to do or have something to be someone.

This is not to doings of BNP, Racism isn't the doings of BNP, all of this is the doing's of Greedy self serving fat cats who want to control everyone and everything. This is the doings of main stream parties and the people who control them, this is why any far party is classes as racist. I used to also show interest in UKIP but guess what "I was also classes as racist" However despite all the controversy around BNP I decided not to judge a book by it's cover and read some of the content.

When I did that I saw hope, I saw signs of a country I once saw before where British people were proud to be British, I saw unity I once saw a long time before. I looked over there policies and I saw light at the end of the tunnel, I understand people will find it hard to leave the UK but it really is the only way. If we carry on the way we are going we are going to see this country fall, our hospitals, houses, jobs, even roads are all overwhelmed with our huge population that rapidly growin.

BNP are the only party with the balls to talk about these issues, this is why they get my vote. Every other party avoids the issues and simple flogs off the public with statement like "We are doing everything we can" BS I am not blind I can see what is and isn't happening, I can see they are only making this problem worse, they are creating more reasons for races to conflict with one another, they are the ones fuelling racism. They created the problem and trick you into thinking they are the solution, this is why one of the main parties are always in power.

So if being aware of the real issues in this country makes me a racist "Then good for you" call me a racist, and enjoy your day to day struggle, enjoy your little chapter in history, history that will be looked down upon for many generations to come, this will be a dark chapter in history.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The BNP has a core of ex National Front thugs who hang out with Nazi sympathizers and the KKK.

Do you even know anything about these KKK who the BNP "Hang out with"?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Edward 1st]

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Edward 1st]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edward 1st

The BNP has a core of ex National Front thugs who hang out with Nazi sympathizers and the KKK.

Thats why irish people should never like the bnp, they all hate irish people. Just because your white and irish do not jump on there bandwagon.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Sorry, I wasn't pointing at you, just the general attitude amongst the political establishment and the left-wing that believe that to be proud to be English means I have tattoos, a skinhead, own a bull dog and hate blacks, the typical stereotype.

But ironically, those very same people will proudly bang on about how great it is to be Scottish, Welsh or Irish and even allow them to celebrate national holidays and their own culture, but don't even dare mention that the English be allowed otherwise they'll scream bloody murder that you're out to cause a fight with some "darkies".....

I was thinking about this the other day, and I've come to the conclusion that it is socially acceptable to generally hate the English.

Imagine Braveheart done from the English perspective: Edward I Longshanks, Hammer of the Scots, captures the dastardly rebel Wallace after he's sold to the English by his own countrymen. He then proceeds to gloriously stomp face over Scotland until he dies of old age/his own awesomeness.

Would it be popular outside of England? Or even in England? No, probably not. Is it historically accurate? Yes indeed.

For over a hundred years films have been made about Joan of Arc...but not many of them seem to emphasise the arse-kicking of the English over the better-equipped French, nor the eventual defeat of Arc and her execution.

Look at the Clive Owen remake of King Arthur; the Saxons are portrayed as if they were more brutal than the Mongols or Timur the Lame.

Then we move on to the British Empire, which was commonly known as the English Empire until the 19th/20th century, and the utter slew of American films (again, Mel Gibson exhibits his anglophobia) that show that being, as Darth Vader would put it, 'rebel scum' is a good thing, as if the American Constitution was some kind of revolutionary (pardon the pun) idea, like it wasn't the English that created the Magna Carta or, you know, freed the slaves.

But yes, the English are somehow fundamentally evil, they're just too polite to show it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join