It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Griffin (BNP Leader) to appear on Question Time Tonight amid Protesters Outside Studio

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Don't follow your comments here - if that was any other person / politician - there would be cries of bias / attack / bullying

I would not assume that the audience was not specially picked to antagonise

link   

Originally posted by neformore
The line about changing his mind on holocaust denial and "not knowing why he said it" was pure tosh, as was the cop-out about not discussing the issues around it because of "European Law".

He didn't say he didn't know why he said it. He said he wasn't allowed to discuss why he changed his mind. This is Griffin's standard response (a bit boring really) but despite Jack Straw saying there were no laws preventing him from speaking about it, I wouldn't put much faith in that. 'Holocaust denial' (ie questioning even minute facts about the holocaust) is a minefield of prosecution - as Griffin knows all too well. He's wise to shut up about it.

The following isn't directed at you neformore:

He didn't perform perfectly and looked amateurish at points. But he is probably the most hated and simultaneously, admired, man in the country right now. I think he did well to hold it together given the circumstances. It's funny how everyone has a different opinion on which panelist came out best and worst. Some say Greer was best, some say she was worst. Most say Warsi performed well, which I tend to agree with. If what she says is true about her own politics, then she's exactly the type of Muslim I'd welcome with open arms.

Overall though, no-one got to examine the myths about the BNP. Nowadays, all they're fighting for is for the ethnic British to be recognised as such, and for them to remain the majority. I don't see what's so evil about that considering it's the policy of most of the world's nations. Oh, but Britain is supposed to sacrifice its ancient culture in the name of 'multiculturalism' right? Even when the rest of the world refuses to? The BNP has changed... a LOT. Who says you shouldn't vote for them if you have non-white friends? It will take a long time to be rid of those skeletons in the closet though.

Overall, what frightened me most is how many people believe there are no indigenous or ethnic British. That's a rewriting of history that fascists would be proud of, and indeed I'm sure the NWO - who have instilled this belief in us - are! It's incredibly racist to suggest otherwise. I hope most of the viewers sitting at home were equally disgusted at this sentiment.

link   

Nef, I know we agree on most things, but you have to admit that the BNP have a point.

They are gathering support for a reason, which is Europe, immigration and the sense of loss with regards to what is seen as British culture.

If the main parties ignore and do not address the issues which many, many people are genuinely concerned about, expect a turn to the extreme wings, as we have seen before in history.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
And here, the man shows his true colours...

Griffin complaint over BBC "mob"

He also claimed the audience was not representative of the UK as a whole as levels of immigration in London meant it was "no longer a British city".

In the words of Bugs Bunny - what a maroon....

Not so much, it's almost fair I think, there was a high % of non-whites in the audience, whereas in the last census 92% of the population were white. But I guess it is almost impossible to get the right representative mix audience on every TV show.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Nick Griffin did a brilliant job considering he was set up to be attacked, it's about time Britain had somebody with the backbone to point out what's really wrong with this once fine country. At least he is honest, unlike the many politicians who lie time and time again "And still get the votes"

If we carry on Vetoing these main stream parties we will carry on getting our freedoms taken away, we will see more unemployment, more poverty, more crime and yes even more Politically Correctness. Nick does touch on some touchy issued "Because this is where the Problem lies"

Ship em out that's what I say, and that's not to say "Ship Black people out" this is not about skin colour or race. This is about people taking advantage of United Kingdom and our free hand outs put in place by our current government. We now have a Government that care more for foreign nationals that British born people weather they be black or white.

The best thing any party can do is get the UK out of the EU and close the draw bridge and start deporting some of our overcrowded population. Labour have already stated we need to cut the population by half "So who on hell do they intend on getting rid of" Last in First out, once again this does not matter what bloody colour they are, the only ones playing the race card are the ones too stupid to see what's going on in this country.

I am 100% behind the BNP.

Well done Nick you will get my Vote, and you sure got a lot of peoples vote in my area. Was at the shop this morning and BNP was the topic everyone was talking about, I lost count how many people say they were going to vote BNP "AGAIN"

[edit on 23-10-2009 by NotAgain]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by suziwong

Don't follow your comments here - if that was any other person / politician - there would be cries of bias / attack / bullying

I would not assume that the audience was not specially picked to antagonise

Speaking of the Audience I thought the show was being aired from another country. Coincidence "Think not" hand picked Audience "Yes indeed"

Haha Nick Wants a rematch

Sky News

Watch the Video

[edit on 23-10-2009 by NotAgain]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Again, the man has a point. This is a city which has more people of non-British background than anywhere else in the country. The audience was not representative of the nation and was clearly hand-picked in order to give the BNP as much stick as possible.

In typical "anti-fascist" style, they didn't even let the man stake his corner, they harranged and bullied him at every corner, all the while practicising the very Nazi tactics they espouse to hate.

Or is it just freedom of speech for those who agree with you now?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

Exactly !

I would be very disappointed if he does not get on Question time again

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Unfortunately I missed the live stream of this last night, and tried to check out the rebroadcast online. Sadly it seems that the BBC rebroadcasts are only available in the UK. Those in the UK that missed it, however, can view it at the following link:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only,

Is anyone aware of a link to the full show available to folks outside the UK?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
He didn't have any points? Well, if he did, he left them at home.

He was owned time and time again. He had the information on his website riddiculed into oblivion for being factually incorrect, and he showed "true brits" that his party is nothing less than a racist bunch of ignorant muppets. Who spout lies to try and gain attention, who spout lies to try and sway more ignorant peoples opinions and are basicly National Front THUGS.

He trembled throughout the show, at one point he looked like he was going to up and walk out. He was (rightly) ridiculed, and had no come back what so ever. He's nothing but a racist, the BNP is nothing but a racist party. Down with this sort of thing!!

and edit to say- the ONLY reason that they got seats at all, was because alot of people wanted to show the main parties that they are unhappy with how they run the show. They just didn't have the brains to think that a no show, is the same as voting for savage racist animals.

[edit on 23/10/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Well he wasn't owned as completely as you think because membership of the BNP has risen by 30% today - so the points he made must have stuck a chord with a lot of people.

But I respect your opinion and accept that you have a valid point

I would however argue that a "no show" at the polling stations is completely ineffecive - I wait for the day when we can tick the box "None of the Above"

I do not prescribe to any of the political parties - they are all equally odeous in my view and none of them seem to speak for me - but do you not think that he raised interesting questions in light of
- Immigration policy
- The fact that there appears to be no such thing as an indiginous British person.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MKULTRA

If it's only available online to UK residents you'll only be able to view it if one of us downloads it and then re-uploads it to the media site here.... i may do it for you later if ya want to see it....

On another note.... i really don't think NG has the Intellect to know how to run a Country..... seems to me he lacks basic political awareness and economic structure.... if he got into office i'd reckon he would be close to a Bush President but with right wing attitudes!!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The BNP and Nick Griffin have been unfairly treated by the mass media... they have been miss quoted and have suffered at the hands of a deceptive and manipulative left wing news agency’s and media outlets right???

Then how come those of you who do not believe the "lies" printed about Nick Griffin will happily believe the same media sources when they print “political correctness gone mad” story’s regarding mass immigration, banning of the red arrows and hospital hot cross buns???

Hypocrisy??

The mass media will always sensationalise story’s such as these because it is what sells... However I do not need the mass media to tell me about Mr. Griffin and the BNP... You can find all the information and video proof you need to prove that Mr Griffin is nothing but a vile bigoted fascist who hangs out with the KKK as well as other extremist organisations...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

And for those of you who think that the BNP gets a lot of support on the internet please check out a thread i started on BNP Cyberactivism...

BNP and cyberactivism

The BNP are far more deceptive, manipulative and biased than the media could ever hope to be... and that’s REALLY saying something!!!

And please... no one try to counter this post with the “what about them” arguments...

“What about the Muslims who want sharia law in Britain”
“What about all them Immigrants”
Blah blah blah...

The point is... we may have a problem with the immigration system in this country... and there may be some idiots who want to introduce Sharia law to Britain... But that does not justify voting for a group of Nazi sympathisers.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Once the Lisbon treaty is fully ratified - political parties will be totally irrelevent - a visual puch and judy show for the public.....whilst the real decisions / laws will be imposed from Brussels - passed by unelected (unknown) officials.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by MKULTRA

If it's only available online to UK residents you'll only be able to view it if one of us downloads it and then re-uploads it to the media site here.... i may do it for you later if ya want to see it....

On another note.... i really don't think NG has the Intellect to know how to run a Country..... seems to me he lacks basic political awareness and economic structure.... if he got into office i'd reckon he would be close to a Bush President but with right wing attitudes!!

Except Bush is about as right wing as they come.

TBH I was a little unsettled by this hatchet job - that's not the BBC's job, and nor is it Dimbleby's job to be the ringmaster of a lynchmob.

However disgusting his views, he is (for the moment) an elected politician and should be treated the same as any other elected politician.

Ironic really, that the Labour led and backed campaign against bullying, fronted by the BBC (and this is a good thing) should air this hate-fest.

Best thing to do with people like Griffin is to nod, smile politely then ignore them til they go away.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Then how come those of you who do not believe the "lies" printed about Nick Griffin will happily believe the same media sources when they print “political correctness gone mad” story’s regarding mass immigration, banning of the red arrows and hospital hot cross buns???

Or, a third option: That we believe neither and base our opinion of the decline of this country on what we see with our own eyes in our own communities.

Anyone who opposes the NWO has something very substantial in common with the BNP.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

OK... So let me ask a hypothetical question...

If Adolf Hitler and Nick Griffin swapped places... would you vote for Hitler and do you think he could "stop the decline of our communities"??

Would just like to know where you would draw the line!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What ever your views on Nick Griffin, this is well worth some loltime.

Cassetteboy V Nick Griffin on Question time.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

They're not even in the same league, so how can you do a comparison? I don't believe for a moment that the BNP would go as far as the Nazi's, however reprehensible they are.

On that note though, if you're going to compare Griffin to Hitler, how about comparing Brown or Mandelson to Stalin? They espouse the same idea's as a hardline communist, Mandelson even attended a Soviet Youth camp in Havana in his student days. If you're going to compare one, then compare the other.

The bottom line is that the nation has an issue with immigration and the decline of our country, values and culture. When issues are ignored by the mainstream parties, people will, without any shadow of a doubt, turn to the fringe to get the job done.

Personally, I feel as if there are other avenues, the English Democrats for example, but they don't get the air time that the BNP do, ironically because they don't have a racist agenda, despite having solid policies.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I didn’t say they were in the same league i just wanted to know how far people are prepared to compromise their humanity for a goal.

(Although some of the followers, and possibly NG himself, do have Sympathetic views towards the Nazis)...

And I believe you are right... The English Democrats would be a good alternative for people to vote... I have read a little on them and, although not my first choice, they do seem like they are simply proud of British heritage and traditions. I am not a lefty nor a righty... i just call it as i see it... and i see the BNP (and groups like them) as destructive to humanity!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join