It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Roll Call

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
This is a very quiet thread.

Isn't that interesting?

Come on, now.

That's because ATS'ers spend most of their time.....ON ATS. It's hard to contract swine flu without leaving the basement and coming into contact with an ACTUAL person.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm up and down. Just like my kids though, it really hasn't been bad for us. I have a slight rattle deep in my throat when I cough.

Honestly, I'd take what we've had over just about any other flu or cold I've had in the last 5 years.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I had it and am still shaking off the last of it 2 weeks later. I would say it was a moderate sickness compared to past illness I have had. Headache, sore throat, gastrointestinal issues and pain in bronchial tubes with a 100-101 fever. My Mother, Sister, nieces and Sister's room mate also had it. My Mother and Sister were prescribed Tamiflu as their illness was more severe. This one makes you fearful that you could catch something else easily because you can tell it is still lingering forever....like I said above I amd my family are still shaking off the congestion and tiredness and glands are still sore.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
My 3 year old began coughing a few days ago then had a high fever. My 9 month old had a 103 degree fever this morning. They tested her for the swine flu at the doctor and it came back negative. They said the test was only 50 percent accurate though?

Were going back to have her urine tested for a urinary tract infection. Hopefully it isnt anything serious and we can get it cleared up.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Seriously, has anyone claiming to be infected by swine flu actually been TESTED for swine flu? I'd be curious about the answers...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
We had it back in may, on purpose, then again a few months ago on purpose.....whomever was lab confirmed, we went out and mixed and mingled with so we got it over with.

First round AWEFUL, we thought we were gonna die and were kicking ourselves for a few days, second round, we really paid attention to hydration, as the muscles felt more dehydrated like the blood had thickened or some thing, than achey like the first time...

We also kept massaging our muscles, and having apple cider vinegar etc to thin out our blood as it felt so thick.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

yep i was, i was tested due to being a carer for my grandmother who is generally of very ill heath, she has no spleen ect so it was important for it to be known if mine was just normal flu or not,

They are not testing in my area due to the amount of possibiltys due to the rising number but in certain cases they will test like mine,

Though my grandmother seems to be fine and not have anything rather than a small cold,

[edit on 6-11-2009 by asala]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My daughter's half-sister contracted a "confirmed" case of H1N1 (tested via nasal swabbing which is only @ 42% accurate). No else in the household contracted it despite exposure. She, at age 5, was mildly ill with very mild flu symptoms (2 degree fever, runny nose, upset stomach, achy joints and muscles) for a little less than 3 days .

My daughter's mother overreacted and blindly got everyone in the household vaccinated, despite already having been exposed during the contagious stage of H1N1. The way she was panicking made my daughter afraid for the welfare of her younger half-sister. After it was over, my daughter realizes how much her mother (and the MSM) have over-reacted about the H1N1 scare and thinks it positively silly.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I am glad that you have a good Doctor that knows the dangers and is keeping track of your recovery, one of the main problems about the swine flu is the way Doctors ignore the underlying side effects.

Most people that develop Pneumonia that otherwise are healthy is due to thinking that because they feel better everything is fine, but I know chest congestion is troublesome enough to be ignored.

Take care.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Interesting that overall swine flu cases happen to be just as the seasonal flu when not underlying health problems affect the infected person, or when the infected person otherwise healthy takes care of their symptoms.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I have family members who were confirmed.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xtradimensions

Yes it is very very nasty. I suspect those who say it’s so mild are either misdiagnosed or lying! It’s the flu, and I am sure those who play down the severity of H1N1 will have their turn in the sun!

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

It will be silly to downplay the flu overall, because flu does kill every year regardless.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
Yes it is very very nasty. I suspect those who say it’s so mild are either misdiagnosed or lying! It’s the flu, and I am sure those who play down the severity of H1N1 will have their turn in the sun!

Well, although with any disease Y.M.M.V. There will always be those who suffer more severely than others just as there are those that will suffer far less severe symptoms than others...and some that show a natural immunity. That is the case with all diseases.

However, I do believe that there is a major amount of misdiagnosis going on as well. The Health Care Industry is so quick to chalk every Flu-like symptom up as a "confirmation" of H1N1, and as the only reliable test costs over $400 and over a week to get the results, they either err on the side of caution, or use the inexpensive Nasal Swab Test which is more incorrect than it is accurate.

If this later case is true, that there is a lot of misdiagnosis going on in regards to H1N1, and simple Type A or Type B Influenza cases are being attributed to H1N1, then the numbers of those infected would be over-inflated by roughly 58% making it not as a widespread pandemic as it is feared to be. Although, the flip-side of this would also mean that those who really have H1N1 instead of those misdiagnosed with it, are facing far more severe symptoms than those who don't really have it but are yet further statistics of having been infected when they really haven't.

All in all, I highly doubt it comes down to anyone lying, at least as far as those who have been told they are infected with it by their doctors.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This a good read,

How Many Cases are Really Swine Flu?

CBS, to their credit, conducted a three-month long investigation that indicates that we have all been hoodwinked by the governmental “protection” agency called euphemistically, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.34

What they tried to learn from the CDC was just what percentage of the “flu cases” were in fact H1N1. The CDC did all they could to protect this information and only after filing a Freedom of Information request and waiting 2 months did they finally release the data. Now we know why they wanted it protected and why they stopped testing for the H1N1 virus in late July.

The data revealed that in fact very few cases reported as swine flu were in fact H1N1 variant virus. CBS examined the data in all 50 states. What they found, for example, was that in Georgia only 2% of reported cases were H1N1 (97% negative for H1N1); in Alaska only 1% of reported cases were H1N1 (93% negative for flu and 5% seasonal flu) and in California only 2% of reported cases were H1N1 with 12% being other flu viruses and 86% negative for flu.

A recent release from the CDC found that their survey reported that of 12,943 specimens tested from around the country, only 26.3% of cases tested positive for H1N1 variant virus, but that 99.8% of the specimens tested positive for some type of other flu virus, most of which were regular seasonal flu.

The CDC has now changed all data reporting on the flu effects. They did this by stopping viral typing and subtyping and rolled back all previous numbers based on prior data. The new system for collecting data now started on August 30th, 2009.

The only reason I can imagine they did this is that the prior data was clearly demonstrating that the H1N1 variant virus was causing a very mild illness in most people (99.99%) with fewer hospitalizations, fewer cases of pneumonia and fewer deaths for all ages and groups than the prior seasonal flu in past years. This was true for the United States and the Southern Hemisphere, which has gone though the worst of its flu season.

Now that they are no longer typing the virus, they can attribute all cases of pneumonia, hospitalizations and deaths to H1N1, even though the majority of cases appear to be from a long list of other causes. In fact, they can classify many cases of primary pneumonia as caused by H1N1.
ex]

articles.mercola.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
An interesting point that i have been hearing here in the UK is that the virus itself is worse in side the hospitals? there not sure why it seems to really hitting those in hopital alot worse than those outside, Tests are being done to figure out whats going on.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I believe if I am not mistaken is due to the people been in hospitals more susceptible to contracting what is call hospital pneumonia.

I read something in Dr. Mercola site about statistics shows that this has been happening more often with or without flu as viruses and bacteria become stronger, so actually hospitals has become breeding ground for all kind of nasty stuff.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Comment withdrawn.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by xtradimensions

There are just some people who don't get as sick. And some strains that seem less nasty than others.

My children had the oddball symptoms, and they and my husband have been exposed repeatedly to people who have been confirmed with more severe H1N1.

Biological individuality. Plus we don't know if other factors can change the course of the disease. For example, we just had a cold go through our family a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps this changes the course of the disease. Could the norovirus that we contracted last year be a factor? Is the fact that the members of my family that were suspectible to swine flus already "culled" previously? Because on the one side there was 1918 deaths, and on the other side we know that they were around it but there is no record of any problems in any person in that line due to it.

I am not lying. I find this virus to be quite concerning, and have since last May.

My guess is that we have some sort of resistance already to it. Perhaps genetic.

I also suspect that my family is resistant to lice. Totally unrelated
We also tend to regrow things other people don't. I just wish it was TEETH.

[edit on 2009/11/6 by Aeons]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Are there any stats out there that breaks down these contracted H1N1 cases by ethnic groups?

I'm thinking a certain group of people in our society may be less susceptible to contracting this virus, and if so, why?

Maybe something in their diet that does a better job at fighting this thing called the swine flu.

I am not taking this franken-flu shot!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join